Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
14cross Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 8:00:30 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
A number of people on the boards have reported issues with their Gypsy communicating with the E2. The solution has been to do the following:

1. Make sure your Gypsy and E2 are connected together before you hit the first cut button on your Gypsy. The first cut button is the cut icon that is on the Gypsy mat preview screen (the screen that shows the images as they will appear on your mat and allows you to move the images around and resize them). You must be connected at that point.

2. Make sure your E2 is on the Main Screen (the screen that stays up when you turn it on) when sending a cut job to your E2.

Also, the Imagine App on the Gypsy will not work with the E2. Only the Gypsy App works with the E2.

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:12:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Mis986 on 5/3/2011(UTC), BoscosMum on 5/5/2011(UTC), TanyaThompson1 on 5/17/2011(UTC)
SweetSassyDiva Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:28:56 AM(UTC)
SweetSassyDiva

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 388 time(s) in 283 post(s)
at the swarm this weekend, the ladies had an issue when cutting with the gypsy her machine was cutting significantly off. any ideas why that would happen or a fix?

14cross Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:31:38 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: SweetSassyDiva Go to Quoted Post
at the swarm this weekend, the ladies had an issue when cutting with the gypsy her machine was cutting significantly off. any ideas why that would happen or a fix?

I would need more details in order to have an idea.

Chris
Provo Craft
divinecrone Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:15:43 PM(UTC)
divinecrone

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 98 post(s)
I know the original Expression says when it's connected to the Gypsy, will the welcome screen on the E2 change to show it's connected also?

Thanks
14cross Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:46:11 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: divinecrone Go to Quoted Post
I know the original Expression says when it's connected to the Gypsy, will the welcome screen on the E2 change to show it's connected also?

Thanks

Once you hit that first cut button on the Mat Preview screen then the E2 screen changes to say "Connected."

Chris
Provo Craft
Mimi2trentdrew Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:06:06 PM(UTC)
Mimi2trentdrew

I updated my Gypsy last night in preparation of using it today with the E2. The update on the Gypsy took forever and even after calling into support and doing exactly what the email said to do, my files do not show up in the Cricut Sync program. However everything cut fine with the Gypsy and my new E2. When I would go t0 a different project, and hit cut on the Gypsy, it would not always tell me I was connected even when the E2 said I was connected.Huh
txcowgirl Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:30:26 PM(UTC)
txcowgirl

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SweetSassyDiva Go to Quoted Post

Does your gypsy have the latest update? Mine didn't and it was cutting about an inch to the left. After updating my gypsy it is now working great!
 1 user thanked txcowgirl for this useful post.
Boo! on 8/9/2011(UTC)
SweetSassyDiva Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
SweetSassyDiva

Was thanked: 388 time(s) in 283 post(s)
Originally Posted by: txcowgirl Go to Quoted Post
Does your gypsy have the latest update? Mine didn't and it was cutting about an inch to the left. After updating my gypsy it is now working great!

thanks :) that might be her problem. i asked her if she had the latest update and she said no but, the machine responded to her gypsy.

actually, it wasn't her e2 she was using her gypsy and hadn't purchased the e2 yet.
Penny Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:11:35 PM(UTC)
Penny

United States

Was thanked: 570 time(s) in 363 post(s)
How do I get my E2 to recognize my Gypsy. I have updated both with the latest updates and when I connect the G to update the Cricut it tells me it cannot communicate.
PJ Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:40:01 PM(UTC)
PJ

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've been having the same problem. I have the correct update on my E2 and the correct update on my Gypsy (0210 0220). When I get the message on my Gypsy that my E2 is not connected, even though it is, I have been turning my E2 off and then on again. I then try to cut from my Gypsy and it works. Try turning your E2 off and then on and then try to cut from your Gypsy. See if it works for you.

I have a problem now with cutting. ON my E2 I have my settings on heavy cards stock and my cutting blade is turned to 6. When I send a cut from the Gypsy to the E2, the E2 will not cut all the way through the paper for my images. Has anyone encountered this problem? I also made a custom setting with speed 3, depth 5, multi cut to 1 and my cutting blade is at 6. I tried that, and I still cannot get my E2 to cut through my paper so I can pull them off the mat and use them. I first thought it was my paper. I used Recollections paper from Michaels and then I used better card stock from Close to My Heart. Neither will work. My images are not quite cut through and I can't punch them out with my hands either. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I hope it is something simple that I am not thinking of to remedy the problem.

craftyculinarian Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:46:36 PM(UTC)
craftyculinarian

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am having the same issues as many of the people in the chat room. I updated everything E2 and gypsy and it put the imagine app on my gypsy and that pulls up info on my E2 but wont cut because I don't have an imagine. I will say that I have tried to cut on the gypsy and it doesn't work. I am about to give up and never use my Gypsy with the E2. HELP!!! I thought it was going to be simple once I suffered through all the updates I spent two nights up late doing these updates.
Nique
14cross Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:10:23 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: craftyculinarian Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issues as many of the people in the chat room. I updated everything E2 and gypsy and it put the imagine app on my gypsy and that pulls up info on my E2 but wont cut because I don't have an imagine. I will say that I have tried to cut on the gypsy and it doesn't work. I am about to give up and never use my Gypsy with the E2. HELP!!! I thought it was going to be simple once I suffered through all the updates I spent two nights up late doing these updates.
Nique

Which App on the Gypsy are you using? The E2 only works with the Gypsy App, not the Imagine App.

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:13:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PJ Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:13:03 PM(UTC)
PJ

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PJ Go to Quoted Post
I've been having the same problem. I have the correct update on my E2 and the correct update on my Gypsy (0210 0220). When I get the message on my Gypsy that my E2 is not connected, even though it is, I have been turning my E2 off and then on again. I then try to cut from my Gypsy and it works. Try turning your E2 off and then on and then try to cut from your Gypsy. See if it works for you.

I have a problem now with cutting. ON my E2 I have my settings on heavy cards stock and my cutting blade is turned to 6. When I send a cut from the Gypsy to the E2, the E2 will not cut all the way through the paper for my images. Has anyone encountered this problem? I also made a custom setting with speed 3, depth 5, multi cut to 1 and my cutting blade is at 6. I tried that, and I still cannot get my E2 to cut through my paper so I can pull them off the mat and use them. I first thought it was my paper. I used Recollections paper from Michaels and then I used better card stock from Close to My Heart. Neither will work. My images are not quite cut through and I can't punch them out with my hands either. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I hope it is something simple that I am not thinking of to remedy the problem.

My cutting problem has been resolved. With my new Gypsy update I am able to select my speed, depth, and multi cut on my Gypsy when I send it to the E2. I assumed that I had to select speed, depth, and multi cut on my E2 like before on the regular Expression, but now I am now able to select the speed, depth and multi cut on my Gypsy and that is what I had to do. That was my problem all along. I learned some thing today, and so did the girl I spoke to at Provo Craft. My cuts are coming out the way they are supposed to now. I hope this helps someone out there.
 2 users thanked PJ for this useful post.
thunderbirdlindy on 5/13/2011(UTC), LibertyLyn on 6/6/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:27:10 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: PJ Go to Quoted Post
My cutting problem has been resolved. With my new Gypsy update I am able to select my speed, depth, and multi cut on my Gypsy when I send it to the E2. I assumed that I had to select speed, depth, and multi cut on my E2 like before on the regular Expression, but now I am now able to select the speed, depth and multi cut on my Gypsy and that is what I had to do. That was my problem all along. I learned some thing today, and so did the girl I spoke to at Provo Craft. My cuts are coming out the way they are supposed to now. I hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks for posting that!

The Gypsy settings override the E2 settings. So you need set your speed, pressure and multi-cut in the gypsy settings.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
LibertyLyn on 6/6/2011(UTC)
Penny Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:11:01 PM(UTC)
Penny

United States

Was thanked: 570 time(s) in 363 post(s)
OK. I think I have it working. It does not show anything but a connected picture and then doesn't recognize that it is the Gypsy till I hit the first cut button. Is this the way it should work? If so, it is weird that it does not recognize the Gypsy like the regualar Expression did.
scrapbookingfarmwife Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:35:58 PM(UTC)
scrapbookingfarmwife

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am having problems also with my gypsy and E2. My gypsy says that it is not able to comunicate with my machine . I have powered off both machines and tuned them back on and still won't work.

Also how do I register the carts that have come with the E2? Thanks
craftyculinarian Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:04:14 PM(UTC)
craftyculinarian

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Which App on the Gypsy are you using? The E2 only works with the Gypsy App, not the Imagine App.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris, When I did the update on my gypsy I clicked on the gypsy app but it said it was already updated because I updated it last Wednesday. Then I clicked on the E2 update and it seemed to work and it also put the imagine app on the gypsy. What did I do wrong? I won't be able to get onto the gypsy/E2 until tomorrow so I don't know if I have given you enough information to see where I may have gone wrong.Blushing
14cross Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:22:12 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Penny Go to Quoted Post
OK. I think I have it working. It does not show anything but a connected picture and then doesn't recognize that it is the Gypsy till I hit the first cut button. Is this the way it should work? If so, it is weird that it does not recognize the Gypsy like the regualar Expression did.

Yours is working correctly. Your Gypsy won't communicate with the E2 until you press the cut button.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:23:21 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: scrapbookingfarmwife Go to Quoted Post
I am having problems also with my gypsy and E2. My gypsy says that it is not able to comunicate with my machine . I have powered off both machines and tuned them back on and still won't work.

Also how do I register the carts that have come with the E2? Thanks

Did you update your Gypsy to the latest firmware? Did you do the E2 update?

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:26:51 AM(UTC)
14cross

Hi Chris, When I did the update on my gypsy I clicked on the gypsy app but it said it was already updated because I updated it last Wednesday. Then I clicked on the E2 update and it seemed to work and it also put the imagine app on the gypsy. What did I do wrong? I won't be able to get onto the gypsy/E2 until tomorrow so I don't know if I have given you enough information to see where I may have gone wrong.Blushing

I don't think you did anything wrong. There are two apps on your Gypsy now. The gypsy app and the Imagine app. Whenever you use the Gypsy with the Imagine you will need to use the Imagine app on the Gypsy. Whenever you use any other cutting machine, including the E2, you will need to use the Gypsy app.

Chris
Provo Craft
Cookie78 Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:34:48 AM(UTC)
Cookie78

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I've done the update for both the E2 and gypsy. I was able to cut, however, I wouldn't stop cutting until a pressed the stop button. It was as if it was on multi-cut but wouldn't stop. Please help!!
14cross Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:45:27 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Cookie78 Go to Quoted Post
I've done the update for both the E2 and gypsy. I was able to cut, however, I wouldn't stop cutting until a pressed the stop button. It was as if it was on multi-cut but wouldn't stop. Please help!!

Is it on multi cut? That is the only reason it would continue to cut the same image over and over.

Chris
Provo Craft
Cookie78 Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:10:47 AM(UTC)
Cookie78

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Just realized what I did...I'm still not familiar with all the keys on the gypsy. I changed the number of cuts thinking (for some strange reason) I was changing the pressure. I think I got it confused after using the digital keys on the E2. Thanks.
14cross Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:26:25 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Cookie78 Go to Quoted Post
Just realized what I did...I'm still not familiar with all the keys on the gypsy. I changed the number of cuts thinking (for some strange reason) I was changing the pressure. I think I got it confused after using the digital keys on the E2. Thanks.

I can totally understand that. The buttons have new icons on them and it takes a little while to get used to what each one means. have fun!

Chris
Provo Craft
scrapbookingfarmwife Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:55:37 AM(UTC)
scrapbookingfarmwife

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Did you update your Gypsy to the latest firmware? Did you do the E2 update?

Chris
Provo Craft

I have done both updates and the carts will not show up as resistered they are still in the(red)
14cross Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:58:55 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: scrapbookingfarmwife Go to Quoted Post
I have done both updates and the carts will not show up as resistered they are still in the(red)

Is that the problem? The E2 carts won't show up as linked to your Gypsy yet. We are still working on a way for you to that.

Chris
Provo Craft
 2 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Jen on 5/26/2011(UTC), MiChElLe PeTrO on 6/5/2011(UTC)
craftyculinarian Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 7:42:41 PM(UTC)
craftyculinarian

I don't think you did anything wrong. There are two apps on your Gypsy now. The gypsy app and the Imagine app. Whenever you use the Gypsy with the Imagine you will need to use the Imagine app on the Gypsy. Whenever you use any other cutting machine, including the E2, you will need to use the Gypsy app.

Chris
Provo Craft

Okay Chris I will try it again this weekend and let you know how it turned out. I don't have an imagine but have the imagine cartridge so I don't know if that is why that app was loaded onto the gypsy because I had the cartridge in the machine (E2) at the time. I will get back to the boards this weekend. You are a fantastic resource.Laugh
SylviaGonzales2 Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 9:04:54 PM(UTC)
SylviaGonzales2

I got my E2 in and used my gypsy to do a cut without updating either. It cut fine. Then I disconnected Gypsy to do some editing and connected to E2 and it would not communicate. I tried updates on PC with both E2 and Gypsy was not working. Gypsy was getting stuck, I tried to update on Mac, E2 update worked. Gypsy was getting stuck. So I gave up cutting on E2 and went to my Expression. So I went to my expression with Gypsy and it said it encountered a breach and had to shut down???? I try to log into to support and I can't .....so what know. I have the Baby bug, Expression, Imagine and E2.

Any ideas anyone.
craftyculinarian Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2011 5:38:08 PM(UTC)
craftyculinarian

Okay Chris I will try it again this weekend and let you know how it turned out. I don't have an imagine but have the imagine cartridge so I don't know if that is why that app was loaded onto the gypsy because I had the cartridge in the machine (E2) at the time. I will get back to the boards this weekend. You are a fantastic resource.Laugh

Chris and the rest of my fellow cricut community you guys are rockstars!!! I was able to use my cricut and gypsy last night with no problem and made some beautiful Mother's Day cards. Thanks again to all who posted their issues and a special thanks to Chris who is patient and helpful to know end!!! This was superior customer service!!!!!
 1 user thanked craftyculinarian for this useful post.
LibertyLyn on 6/6/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2011 10:26:16 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: SylviaGonzales2 Go to Quoted Post
I got my E2 in and used my gypsy to do a cut without updating either. It cut fine. Then I disconnected Gypsy to do some editing and connected to E2 and it would not communicate. I tried updates on PC with both E2 and Gypsy was not working. Gypsy was getting stuck, I tried to update on Mac, E2 update worked. Gypsy was getting stuck. So I gave up cutting on E2 and went to my Expression. So I went to my expression with Gypsy and it said it encountered a breach and had to shut down???? I try to log into to support and I can't .....so what know. I have the Baby bug, Expression, Imagine and E2.

Any ideas anyone.

Can you tell me the version numbers on your gypsy?

Chris
Provo Craft