Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
mylilpeanut Offline
#121 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:57:23 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
The content update portion does take a while so be patient. It will finish. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,

The Sync is now has a full green bar on the "Sending File 1 of 2" on the "Send Updated Content" step. The Imagine machine restarted and now have the main menu screen on the Imagine with four icons. When I click on "About", it still shows the question marks. Does this take a while to get to "Sending File 2 of 2"? or do I need to do something so it will keep going?

Thanks,
Ashley
14cross Offline
#122 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:03:54 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

The Sync is now has a full green bar on the "Sending File 1 of 2" on the "Send Updated Content" step. The Imagine machine restarted and now have the main menu screen on the Imagine with four icons. When I click on "About", it still shows the question marks. Does this take a while to get to "Sending File 2 of 2"? or do I need to do something so it will keep going?

Thanks,
Ashley

It should not have done that. It should continue on to file 2 of 2. Try doing a normal Cricut Sync update now. It should tell you there is a content update available. Try that and tell me what happens.

Chris
mylilpeanut Offline
#123 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:34:22 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

It should not have done that. It should continue on to file 2 of 2. Try doing a normal Cricut Sync update now. It should tell you there is a content update available. Try that and tell me what happens.

Chris

Chris,

The Sync did have updates. Right now it is "Uploading Updates" "Imagine Content-Full" and is at 92%.
mylilpeanut Offline
#124 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:50:37 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Chris

Chris,

The Sync update finally finished, and said it was up-to-date now. My Imagne restarted, I went to "About" it now says:
Version 1.01
0106 0020 0240 202A

This is all correct right? I do not have anything fancy like the Gypsy to use with it, so I have all the updates for now, correct?

Having another issue too, not as frustrating as this previous one though. When I turn the Imagine machine on and the ink does its thing (loads up or calibrates or what ever it does), it has a real bad "Whining" sound. More so than the first Imagine that I had. It kind of sounds like it hesitates to go. Could this be a problem or should I just leave it go and see if it gets worse?

Thanks,
Ashley
14cross Offline
#125 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:54:00 AM(UTC)
14cross

Chris,

The Sync update finally finished, and said it was up-to-date now. My Imagne restarted, I went to "About" it now says:
Version 1.01
0106 0020 0240 202A

This is all correct right? I do not have anything fancy like the Gypsy to use with it, so I have all the updates for now, correct?

Having another issue too, not as frustrating as this previous one though. When I turn the Imagine machine on and the ink does its thing (loads up or calibrates or what ever it does), it has a real bad "Whining" sound. More so than the first Imagine that I had. It kind of sounds like it hesitates to go. Could this be a problem or should I just leave it go and see if it gets worse?

Thanks,
Ashley

You are up to date now. Congrats!

The whining noise is just the lift motor that raises the printer rollers. Some of those motors are louder than others, some run a little longer than others but it is nothing to be concerned about unless it keeps running and doesn't stop.

Chris
Provo Craft
mylilpeanut Offline
#126 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:05:59 PM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

You are up to date now. Congrats!

The whining noise is just the lift motor that raises the printer rollers. Some of those motors are louder than others, some run a little longer than others but it is nothing to be concerned about unless it keeps running and doesn't stop.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,

Thank you again for all your help!

I decided to try this, I plugged in the "Boys Will Be Boys" Cartridge and.....wala.....It loaded up right away and I printed and cut something for my son. He will be soooo thrilled when he sees it!

Now, I did read in some posts that you should be able to color different parts of the certain image and then print it as one. Is this something they are working on as an update or what?

Thanks,
Ashley
14cross Offline
#127 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:09:07 PM(UTC)
14cross

Chris,

Thank you again for all your help!

I decided to try this, I plugged in the "Boys Will Be Boys" Cartridge and.....wala.....It loaded up right away and I printed and cut something for my son. He will be soooo thrilled when he sees it!

Now, I did read in some posts that you should be able to color different parts of the certain image and then print it as one. Is this something they are working on as an update or what?

Thanks,
Ashley

That is planned for a future update. You can currently color each layer and print them out separately then glue them together. With Imagine images you can color each layer and print it out as one image though.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
mylilpeanut on 3/3/2011(UTC)
mylilpeanut Offline
#128 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:17:30 PM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

That is planned for a future update. You can currently color each layer and print them out separately then glue them together. With Imagine images you can color each layer and print it out as one image though.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,

Sounds good!! I thank you again for all your help!

Thanks again,
Ashley
DianaUtt Offline
#129 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:24:33 PM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Chris,

Version 1.01
0106 0020 0240 202A

Thanks,
Ashley

Ok... i am soooo jealous. I am going home and starting over again for the 13th try... I will uninstall Cricut Sync, restart my computer, reload Cricut Sync and try this again. Wish me luck. Unfortunatly, I have to wait until I get off work.
DianaUtt Offline
#130 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:11:42 AM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianaUtt Go to Quoted Post
Ok... i am soooo jealous. I am going home and starting over again for the 13th try... I will uninstall Cricut Sync, restart my computer, reload Cricut Sync and try this again. Wish me luck. Unfortunatly, I have to wait until I get off work.

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Cricut Sync last night and I am now fully up and operational with my Imagine, I can use all carts and my gypsy with the Imagine now.

thank you chris for all your help and patience.
14cross Offline
#131 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:12:46 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: DianaUtt Go to Quoted Post
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Cricut Sync last night and I am now fully up and operational with my Imagine, I can use all carts and my gypsy with the Imagine now.

thank you chris for all your help and patience.

Thanks for letting me know. Have fun!

Chris
Provo Craft
♥Suzi M♥ Offline
#132 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:04:48 PM(UTC)
♥Suzi M♥

Chris, I hope you can help me. I have been doing a system restore and it stays on "waiting for setup to complete". Is this something that takes hours? I have tried this several times after being told by customer service. After I press continue, it never goes further. I can not get to the content. I am so frustrated, please help.

Suzi
14cross Offline
#133 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 3:33:30 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: ♥Suzi M♥ Go to Quoted Post
Chris, I hope you can help me. I have been doing a system restore and it stays on "waiting for setup to complete". Is this something that takes hours? I have tried this several times after being told by customer service. After I press continue, it never goes further. I can not get to the content. I am so frustrated, please help.

Suzi

Has it asked you to restart your Imagine? Look at both the Cricut Sync screen and the Imagine screen and tell me what they say.

Also, try unplugging the USB cable from the back of the Imagine and see what the Cricut Sync screen says. Then plug it back in again and see if it responds.

Chris
Provo Craft
♥Suzi M♥ Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:08:46 AM(UTC)
♥Suzi M♥

Chris,

I tried reformatting again. Just after it did the practice cut I pressed continue on the CricutSync. There is a green dot before Set up Imagine and the green bar is moving and says"waiting for set up to complete. The imagine has the menu showing. When I unplugged the USB from the Imagine, nothing changed on the screen. Plugging it back in changed nothing. It has been running for almost an hour. I first started this because my I was not being recognized by Sync. I do have the driver for the I, my Gypsy has been updating. Thank you for your help.

Suzi
14cross Offline
#135 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:15:36 AM(UTC)
14cross

Chris,

I tried reformatting again. Just after it did the practice cut I pressed continue on the CricutSync. There is a green dot before Set up Imagine and the green bar is moving and says"waiting for set up to complete. The imagine has the menu showing. When I unplugged the USB from the Imagine, nothing changed on the screen. Plugging it back in changed nothing. It has been running for almost an hour. I first started this because my I was not being recognized by Sync. I do have the driver for the I, my Gypsy has been updating. Thank you for your help.

Suzi

The Imagine shows the main menu? What version is on the machine currently? I need all numbers in parenthesis on the About screen.

Chris
Provo Craft
♥Suzi M♥ Offline
#136 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:32:47 PM(UTC)
♥Suzi M♥

The Imagine shows the main menu? What version is on the machine currently? I need all numbers in parenthesis on the About screen.

Chris
Provo Craft

The Menu with the four boxes (print and cut, print paper, settings, about) was on the I screen after pressing continue. (0111:????:0239:202A)

Suzi
14cross Offline
#137 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:16:08 AM(UTC)
14cross

The Menu with the four boxes (print and cut, print paper, settings, about) was on the I screen after pressing continue. (0111:????:0239:202A)

Suzi

Ok. Your firmware is up to date, so that is good. But your content has not updated yet. When you connect to Cricut Sync does it tell you that a content update is available?

The content update can take a while depending on your internet speed. So try doing the update again and let it run. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft
♥Suzi M♥ Offline
#138 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:05:48 PM(UTC)
♥Suzi M♥

Ok. Your firmware is up to date, so that is good. But your content has not updated yet. When you connect to Cricut Sync does it tell you that a content update is available?

The content update can take a while depending on your internet speed. So try doing the update again and let it run. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,

I tried all three usb ports and Cricut Sync still says that I have not plugged in or turned on the I. I even tried my husbands computer (which is the same as mine) and it said the same thing. It updated when I first bought it in Sept. This is so frustrating. What should I try next?

Suzi
♥Suzi M♥ Offline
#139 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 11:21:17 AM(UTC)
♥Suzi M♥

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,

This morning I tried it on our Microsoft XP. I had to install the driver of the Imagine twice. It worked......yeah. my numbers are now (0111:0023:0239:202A). Any reason that you know of that the other computer, Windows 7, would not work when it did update the Gypsy? Thank you so much for all your help. I will test it after Easter. I also have to learn the Gypsy instead of just Design Studio BigGrin.

Suzi
14cross Offline
#140 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 11:24:25 AM(UTC)
14cross

Chris,

This morning I tried it on our Microsoft XP. I had to install the driver of the Imagine twice. It worked......yeah. my numbers are now (0111:0023:0239:202A). Any reason that you know of that the other computer, Windows 7, would not work when it did update the Gypsy? Thank you so much for all your help. I will test it after Easter. I also have to learn the Gypsy instead of just Design Studio BigGrin.

Suzi

It is likely your firewall or virus protection program. They may not recognize the Cricut Sync program so they think it is malicious and try to stop it from working. You can go into your firewall and virus protection program and "allow" Cricut Sync. That might solve the problem on that computer. At least you have your trusty ol' XP.

Chris
Provo Craft
CandiceJarrett Offline
#141 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 12:02:19 PM(UTC)
CandiceJarrett

I got my I for Christmas, had problems getting it to work, sent it back and am now having problems with my new one!! When it works it's awesome! However, it may work one day then not work the next! I have updated, reinstalled firmware, done all of the troubleshooting things then finally tried a restore. NOTHING worked!! It wont cut at all. Sometimes it goes to the menu screen, sometimes just back to the preview screen. Please help!!!!!
Coah'sNana Offline
#142 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 12:32:02 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18580 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CandiceJarrett Go to Quoted Post
I got my I for Christmas, had problems getting it to work, sent it back and am now having problems with my new one!! When it works it's awesome! However, it may work one day then not work the next! I have updated, reinstalled firmware, done all of the troubleshooting things then finally tried a restore. NOTHING worked!! It wont cut at all. Sometimes it goes to the menu screen, sometimes just back to the preview screen. Please help!!!!!

Is your version # the following?
1.01 (0111:0025:0239:202A)

Are you using it with or without the G? If with, what is the version on your G?

Does it take the mat in at all? Does it print?
CandiceJarrett Offline
#143 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:10:19 PM(UTC)
CandiceJarrett

So sorry for the slow response. I had a very unexpected visit from my parents this weekend! So, yes, the numbers you gave me are the same. 1.01 0111:0025:0239:202A. My Sync version is 2.0.5.3 I am using it alone. Not with the G. It will print. I was just messing with it again and it cut once, went to menu the next time, cut again this time. ???? For the last 3 days it hasn't cut at all, just gone straight to the menu screen or to the edit screen.
Coah'sNana Offline
#144 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:41:08 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18580 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
So sorry for the slow response. I had a very unexpected visit from my parents this weekend! So, yes, the numbers you gave me are the same. 1.01 0111:0025:0239:202A. My Sync version is 2.0.5.3 I am using it alone. Not with the G. It will print. I was just messing with it again and it cut once, went to menu the next time, cut again this time. ???? For the last 3 days it hasn't cut at all, just gone straight to the menu screen or to the edit screen.

Hi Candice,

If you read the thread Questions for Chris at the top of this forum, it seems like this is a known issue. Check the last few posts from him. Looks like they think it is firmware but since it doesn't happen consistently, they are having a hard time locating the problem. HTH
14cross Offline
#145 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 9:58:52 AM(UTC)
14cross

Candice,
I PMed you.

Chris
Provo Craft
kim.mom Offline
#146 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 12:21:49 AM(UTC)
kim.mom

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 123 post(s)
My restore is getting stuck at file 2 in the updated content. I've tried several times and it always get stuck at the same point....green bar is full for file 1 but nothing else happens. After reading through these posts I'm afraid my Imagine computer might be fried. I've tried this restore several times but I've never been able to get to the end. I've read that several people have had theirs stop at the same point....what did you do to get it moving? I've tried unplugging the USB cord and it recognizes that it isn't connected and reconnects when I plug it back in but still doesn't go any farther.
scrappintwin Offline
#147 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:30:26 PM(UTC)
scrappintwin

Hi Chris,

I'm getting stuck on sending updated content file 1 of 2. I've waited 45 minutes to see if the green line has moved and it has not. I've restarted my Imagine several times now with no success. I have not yet tried to restart the system restore that I'm currently in the process of doing. I feel like I've already wasted so much paper on this and calibration. Of course, if I need to, I will; however, hoped you had suggested for me that excluded restarting the process again.

I've read all the previous threads and I haven't seen other suggestions that are similar. If there are I apologize, I've been working on this for the last two and a half hours and it's late. If you have responded to previous posts that's similar and I've missed it, please point me in the direction of your previous suggestions.

Sincerely
K.McIntyre Offline
#148 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 6:56:41 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I'm having the same problem and was looking here to find the solution.

Kristin
14cross Offline
#149 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:24:08 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: scrappintwin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

I'm getting stuck on sending updated content file 1 of 2. I've waited 45 minutes to see if the green line has moved and it has not. I've restarted my Imagine several times now with no success. I have not yet tried to restart the system restore that I'm currently in the process of doing. I feel like I've already wasted so much paper on this and calibration. Of course, if I need to, I will; however, hoped you had suggested for me that excluded restarting the process again.

I've read all the previous threads and I haven't seen other suggestions that are similar. If there are I apologize, I've been working on this for the last two and a half hours and it's late. If you have responded to previous posts that's similar and I've missed it, please point me in the direction of your previous suggestions.

Sincerely

If the progress bar stops for more than 10-15 minutes then unplug the white cable from the back of your imagine and plug it back in. That should get the progress bar moving again.

Chris
Provo Craft
Patty R Offline
#150 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:35:58 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Cursing I have ...

Unloaded, reloaded Cricut Sync
Restarted computer
Turned off firewall and antivirus
Change usb cord
Use different usb port.

Resynced

got to set up imagine...now when it calibrated, it did the print but not the cuts for the print. The blade housing acted like it was going to cut/ It move inward about 3 inches and then upwards about 3 1/2inches then returned to it's cave.

Sync program icon moved to SEND UPDATED CONTENT.
tHE GREEN bar has not started so I restarted the Imagine as instructed.
Imagine screen now says it is CONNECTED but green bar is not going yet.

I did manage to get to this point once before. But it stopped here as well.

What are my next steps?

I have just now unplugged the usb from the imagine and then the power cord from the Imagine.

Green bar came up and said restart Imagine.
I turned the power butten back on and it ejected my mat.

Start calibration screen has come up.
Redoing the calibration for the 15th time....Mad
Screen says :When cutting and printing is done..DO NOT REMOV MAT FROM MACHINE"

iT PRINTED THE FOUR CORNERS, THE SQURED SHAPE SWIRL LINE IN THE CENTER and the TOP NUMBERS and SIDE LETTERS.

IT DID NOT "CUT" the calibration marks. This is that point where the machine housing went in about 3 inches, then up almost 3 inches then returned to the housing cave.

Imagine screen has returned to the CONNECTED screen showing the Imagine logo chained to the Imagine.

My Cricut Sync is yellow dot at the SEND UPDATED CONTENT part. No green on the activity bar.
Instructions on the right say again(or STILL) IF THE SENDING PROGRESS BAR DOESN'T START AFTER A FEW SECONDS, TURN iMAGINE OFF AND BACK ON.

(((((((((((((

This is getting very old and frustraiting. I teach classes
in store and how can I promoted this machine to the general public? It should not be this difficult for a crafting tool.

I hope you can get me up and running soon. I do not wish to leave my antiviris disablied all night again in hopes the machine will spontainiously work right. I will have to redo everything again for the 4th day in a row,(Yes I call support and they did not help much. I did all I was told)

Patty