Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
14cross Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:58:28 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
An update for the Imagine has been released. The update should take about 5 minutes to complete depending on your internet connection.

This update does two major things:

1. The Imagine and Cricut Craft Room are now compatible with each other.

2. We are eliminating the need to do Content Updates on the Imagine. This update is the first step in completing this. You will likely have to do one more content update and that will be the last one. So no more headaches with trying to update your content.

The Gypsy update should be ready within a few days.

Current versions:

Gypsy App - Version 1.4 (0210:0220)
Imagine App for Gypsy - Version 1.01 (0111:0024)
Imagine - Version 1.01 (0115:0024:0239:202A)
Cricut Sync - 2.0.5.3

Chris
Provo Craft
 7 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
scarlet squirrel on 6/3/2011(UTC), DianeDowns on 6/5/2011(UTC), HiGhLaNdEyEs on 6/7/2011(UTC), Kimberly207 on 7/6/2011(UTC), lv2scrap02 on 8/6/2011(UTC), HelgaJ on 8/24/2011(UTC), Emerald on 11/1/2011(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:02:14 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
I have only used the Imagine once since I bought it in October. Should I wait to update until CCR is available and update through CCR or should I update now. I don't plan on using it until CCR is up and running and I can access it.

Thanks,
14cross Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:36:06 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: RebeccaMesa Go to Quoted Post
I have only used the Imagine once since I bought it in October. Should I wait to update until CCR is available and update through CCR or should I update now. I don't plan on using it until CCR is up and running and I can access it.

Thanks,

At some point you are going to need to do the content update. You might wait until we tell everyone this is the last content update you will need to do and then do the entire update. that way you will only have to do the content update once.

Chris
Provo Craft
GypsyBoricua Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:10:29 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
Thanks, I will wait. I made the mistake of getting the Imagine thinking that it would work with CDS since I cannot see very well and need a computer. Hopefully it will not be too much longer until CCR is up and running.
cricaholic Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:16:37 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
At some point you are going to need to do the content update. You might wait until we tell everyone this is the last content update you will need to do and then do the entire update. that way you will only have to do the content update once.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thanks for the info, I'll wait too.
sweettooth Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:48:41 PM(UTC)
sweettooth

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Chris, is there any advantage in doing the update now? Or are we better off just doing it once? I am very glad that we won't need to update the imagine anymore. How close is CCR to being released now that it is working with the imagine? Thanks for keeping us posted about the update. Sarah
sunnieday Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:33:53 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
Hello Chris

I finally got the update to go through. My imagine printed fine the first time, cut was off by alot though. Better together isnt recognized at all by the program.
I added a few more items and tried again. Now it doesnt recognize that my imagine is even plugged in. My numbers in both my imagine and my craftroom and sync are all what they are supposed to be. Ill keep trying with other cartridges. I also have the blur tht people are talking about at the top of my item.

Edited by user Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:34:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 7:18:39 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: sweettooth Go to Quoted Post
Chris, is there any advantage in doing the update now? Or are we better off just doing it once? I am very glad that we won't need to update the imagine anymore. How close is CCR to being released now that it is working with the imagine? Thanks for keeping us posted about the update. Sarah

If your machine is working fine, you are able to use all of your cartridges and aren't concerned with being able to use Craft Room with your Imagine right now then you may as well wait for the final content update.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 7:21:24 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: sunnieday Go to Quoted Post
Hello Chris

I finally got the update to go through. My imagine printed fine the first time, cut was off by alot though. Better together isnt recognized at all by the program.
I added a few more items and tried again. Now it doesnt recognize that my imagine is even plugged in. My numbers in both my imagine and my craftroom and sync are all what they are supposed to be. Ill keep trying with other cartridges. I also have the blur tht people are talking about at the top of my item.

I have had the same thing happen from time to time. If you unplug the cable form the back of the machine and plug it back in or turn off the machine and turn it back on then that usually reopens the communication channels.

Chris
Provo Craft
sweettooth Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 11:59:37 AM(UTC)
sweettooth

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Thanks Chris, I think I will just wait then. Every time I try to get into the CCR it says I don't have access to it. I sure would love to be able to try it!  Sarah
BJR Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 12:44:37 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Chris
a couple questions

On the Imagine and CCR / content update- does this mean other content updates will come thru CCR or the Gypsy?- and what about those who may or may not use CCR- will they still get updates or will it be CCR only? Will we still use Cricut Sync? Otherwise why wouldn't we need content updates?

Will the Imagine get an external adapter of sorts to make it Wifi compatible like the E2 will be?

Also has there been any other updates for firmware lately for ay other Cricut machines?- some of own a few.

Please let us know here when the Gypsy update is- I'll do all mine then.

Please I have made this suggestion- make a spot on the website or boards- (1 spot)to list all updates including all machines and programs- to let us know whe to get them- so many people post here and other boards asking when do I update- etc. Thanks. BJR.Smile

Edited by user Friday, June 03, 2011 12:46:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 1:07:00 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
Chris
a couple questions

On the Imagine and CCR / content update- does this mean other content updates will come thru CCR or the Gypsy?- and what about those who may or may not use CCR- will they still get updates or will it be CCR only? Will we still use Cricut Sync? Otherwise why wouldn't we need content updates?

Will the Imagine get an external adapter of sorts to make it Wifi compatible like the E2 will be?

Also has there been any other updates for firmware lately for ay other Cricut machines?- some of own a few.

Please let us know here when the Gypsy update is- I'll do all mine then.

Please I have made this suggestion- make a spot on the website or boards- (1 spot)to list all updates including all machines and programs- to let us know whe to get them- so many people post here and other boards asking when do I update- etc. Thanks. BJR.Smile

Your Imagine will only require one more content update. It will not require updates in the future because of the way we are programming all of our new cartridges. That is why there is one more content update out there for the Imagine. We need to make sure that all cartridges that are out there are included in the latest content update. All future cartridges will be programmed differently and won't require a content update.

I made the request months ago that the WiFi adapter also work on the Imagine. I know it is on the list of things to do but cannot say if/when it will work on the Imagine.

All Cricut machines require an update to work with Craft Room. I think those updates are only available for beta testers but they might be available to all. Maybe someone else has that answer.

I will post on these boards when the Gypsy update is available.

I have already forwarded the request to have a site where the latest update numbers and a description of what was in the update is posted.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hannah's Mom Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 2:13:03 PM(UTC)
Hannah's Mom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Chris

When will CCR be available ofr all users....I really want to get my hands on it as soon as possible.
Renee Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:16:59 AM(UTC)
Renee

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Chris, I just updated my Imagine. My cricut sync hs the correct number, but my imagine doesn't. My imagine says 0025 instead of 0024. When I tried to update again to make sure it updated properly, it said that my imagine is up to date? Why are my numbers not matching?
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:20:04 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Renee Go to Quoted Post
Chris, I just updated my Imagine. My cricut sync hs the correct number, but my imagine doesn't. My imagine says 0025 instead of 0024. When I tried to update again to make sure it updated properly, it said that my imagine is up to date? Why are my numbers not matching?

Hi ReneeBigGrin
Don't panic sweetie, it is correct, some had problems with 0024, so 0025 replaced and fixed the issueBigGrin
Hugs
Adele
Renee Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:46:59 AM(UTC)
Renee

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks Adele. You are such a lifesaver. You always seem to answer so quickly. Have a nice weekend.
 1 user thanked Renee for this useful post.
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ on 6/4/2011(UTC)
BJR Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:17:06 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Thank- you Chris for explaining about the updates and thank-you for letting us know about the updates. It sure helps us when we know. BJR.Smile
Sawkat66 Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:23:44 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Okay I have been trying to update my Imagine for 3 days now. I have version 1.01 (0111:0025:0239:200A)
And Sync version: 2.0.5.3. When I click the sync shortcut:

Sync says “connecting to device”,
My Imagine says “connected”.

Then sync says I need a “firmware” update.
I click “update now”;
Imagine says “Receiving updates --Please DO NOT power off…….”

Sync says “Down loading files” then quick switches to “Uploading updates” and stays at 0% forever (over 8 hours). I have turned off, unplugged, etc several times.

I have Windows vista, High-speed internet, and use McAfee. I have my firewall turned off.

Will this update allow us to cut with the imagine from the craft room now?
Sawkat66 Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:41:31 AM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
BigGrin OMG - it updated. The only thing I did diffrent was use a diffrent USB cord. Huh Love The one that came with it I guess doesn't work for updates. Funny thing is, my computer still recognized the imagine with the other cord cause it made the "chime" noies when it was connected/disconnected. Love Anyway -- Let me go play!!!!Flapper
AngelaMcLean1 Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:41:00 PM(UTC)
AngelaMcLean1

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 175 post(s)
Hello, Chris or anyone,
All updates are completed...
However, I still cannot select Imagine Buccaneer images and drag to the mat in CCR...
Any ideas? Thanks!
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2011 1:28:19 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AngelaMcLean1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, Chris or anyone,
All updates are completed...
However, I still cannot select Imagine Buccaneer images and drag to the mat in CCR...
Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi AngelaBigGrin
Me too, seems they have a few carts not updated properly yet, I used Buccaneer before the last update, now I can'tConfused
Hugs
Adele
 1 user thanked ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ for this useful post.
AngelaMcLean1 on 6/6/2011(UTC)
Kat G. Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2011 12:44:52 PM(UTC)
Kat G.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

I need some help!!

I am trying to update my Imagine from my laptop computer. I have the most up to date cricut sync and am running Windows 7.

When I open sync, it says it's not connected. I plug in the Imagine, hear the little bell and then nothing. Sometimes I get a note that says "Do you want Provo Craft to make changes to this computer" and I say yes. Then it does nothing. I tried a shorter cable and also plugging and unplugging.

When I look under printers and devices it shows an unspecified device with no driver installed but I cannot get it to install any to save my life. I also cannot seem to remove that device. What am I doing wrong????

In a troubleshooting flurry- I did connect my expression to my laptop which updated and connected just fine, so I know it "should" work. (not a firewall or antivirus issue- seems to be a hardware issue with the Imagine?

Thanks in advance!
Kat

14cross Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:03:22 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Kat G. Go to Quoted Post
I need some help!!

I am trying to update my Imagine from my laptop computer. I have the most up to date cricut sync and am running Windows 7.

When I open sync, it says it's not connected. I plug in the Imagine, hear the little bell and then nothing. Sometimes I get a note that says "Do you want Provo Craft to make changes to this computer" and I say yes. Then it does nothing. I tried a shorter cable and also plugging and unplugging.

When I look under printers and devices it shows an unspecified device with no driver installed but I cannot get it to install any to save my life. I also cannot seem to remove that device. What am I doing wrong????

In a troubleshooting flurry- I did connect my expression to my laptop which updated and connected just fine, so I know it "should" work. (not a firewall or antivirus issue- seems to be a hardware issue with the Imagine?

Thanks in advance!
Kat

The bell sound tells me that the computer recognizes that a USB Device is plugged in. It also tells me your cable is functioning. So that means that Cricut Sync is likely the issue. Drivers didn't install correctly or something like that. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Cricut Sync.

Chris
Provo Craft
2Crafty Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:44:50 AM(UTC)
2Crafty

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Chris,

Since the CraftRoom is now compatiable with the Imagine, WHEN will be able to use it. I continue to try to log on but still have not been granted access. I could understand the delay before the site was compatable with the Imagine. It would have been pointless to grant access to people who only had an Imagine since they could not use it. It seems as though the customers who bought Provo Crafts most expensive machine keep getting sent to back of the line and have to wait the longest for any improvments.

2crafty
14cross Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:52:53 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: 2Crafty Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

Since the CraftRoom is now compatiable with the Imagine, WHEN will be able to use it. I continue to try to log on but still have not been granted access. I could understand the delay before the site was compatable with the Imagine. It would have been pointless to grant access to people who only had an Imagine since they could not use it. It seems as though the customers who bought Provo Crafts most expensive machine keep getting sent to back of the line and have to wait the longest for any improvments.

2crafty

There are still a couple of bugs to be fixed before it can be released. I think most of them have been found and are being worked on. Some of them are show stoppers so those ones must be fixed before release. But CCR is working well with the Imagine and gives you the ability to do so much more with your Imagine.

Chris
Provo Craft
KathyRoscoe Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:50:17 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Chris,

Can you think of any reason my brand new, just delivered today Sophisticated cartridge is giving my Imagine fits. The Imagine keeps switching from the menu to the main screen and acting like it is going to restart. It will do it over and over as long as I leave the machine on. I have waited a long time for this cartridge and have designed projects in CCR in anticipation of getting the cartridge today and now, I can't use it in the Imagine. Can't redeem the rewards points either. It says I have already redeemed it.

I have been welding, flood filling, layering, grouping and even cutting with CCR and my Imagine. CCR is going to be a great program! I updated the last CCR update but did not update my Imagine. Seems that a lot of people had big problems after updating the Imagine but I am moving right along....that is until I got the Sophisticated cartridge.

The cartridge will work in my E2.

What's up with that?
K.McIntyre Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:19:27 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I just did the update and my #'s are correct. Now my mat grabs then stops and I get a mat error and retry then it spits the mat out the back of the Imagine. Before the update it would only print and my black image printed in a light blue.

Kristin
14cross Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 9:57:15 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

Can you think of any reason my brand new, just delivered today Sophisticated cartridge is giving my Imagine fits. The Imagine keeps switching from the menu to the main screen and acting like it is going to restart. It will do it over and over as long as I leave the machine on. I have waited a long time for this cartridge and have designed projects in CCR in anticipation of getting the cartridge today and now, I can't use it in the Imagine. Can't redeem the rewards points either. It says I have already redeemed it.

I have been welding, flood filling, layering, grouping and even cutting with CCR and my Imagine. CCR is going to be a great program! I updated the last CCR update but did not update my Imagine. Seems that a lot of people had big problems after updating the Imagine but I am moving right along....that is until I got the Sophisticated cartridge.

The cartridge will work in my E2.

What's up with that?

Can you tell me your Imagine version numbers? I need all numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 9:58:50 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: K.McIntyre Go to Quoted Post
I just did the update and my #'s are correct. Now my mat grabs then stops and I get a mat error and retry then it spits the mat out the back of the Imagine. Before the update it would only print and my black image printed in a light blue.

Kristin

This sounds more like a mat issue than a machine issue. Try turning the mat around and feeding it in from that end of the mat or try a new mat. Or try flattening your mat. It may be curling a little too much so the sensor isn't reading the black lines.

Chris
Provo Craft
K.McIntyre Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 7:10:18 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I tried your suggestions and then onto a new mat. Same problem. I'm trying to do the system restore but it gets stuck on sending file 1 of 2 of the content. When it went through calibration it print and cut.

Kristin