Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:45:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8027 time(s) in 4688 post(s)
I am using:

WINDOWS XP, Desktop Computer

I have just been able to CUT with BUILD 53, two images that are welded together. That's all I've done now, but I can't wait to see what else is going on in CCR.

THANK YOU, PC!!

I have given FEEDBACK. Please, everyone, try your CCR tonight. Just click on CCR to go into it, and you will see the new BUILD 53.

I am hoping it's a FIX for everyone; be sure to give PC your FEEDBACK, so they will know if all or any of the machines are working now and all of them CUTTING or if they need to fix anything else.

Can't wait to see what all this new CCR will do.

I also hope everyone can now enter CCR!! EVERYONE!!!

Char
K.McIntyre Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 8:36:08 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I did the update to build 53 and it worked for me as well.

Kristin
 1 user thanked K.McIntyre for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/10/2011(UTC)
mom2sidsquid Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:41:27 AM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1153 time(s) in 764 post(s)
Me too!!
 1 user thanked mom2sidsquid for this useful post.
Teensiebaby Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:34:02 AM(UTC)
Teensiebaby

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 18 post(s)
worked for me too.... Yay!!
 1 user thanked Teensiebaby for this useful post.
JodiBarber Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:59:15 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I am using:

I have just been able to CUT with BUILD 53, two images that are welded together. That's all I've done now, but I can't wait to see what else is going on in CCR.

THANK YOU, PC!!

I have given FEEDBACK. Please, everyone, try your CCR tonight. Just click on CCR to go into it, and you will see the new BUILD 53.

I am hoping it's a FIX for everyone; be sure to give PC your FEEDBACK, so they will know if all or any of the machines are working now and all of them CUTTING or if they need to fix anything else.

Char

wondering are you still able to use it???/
I updated saturday to build 53 and now I can't use mine at allAngry
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JodiBarber Go to Quoted Post
wondering are you still able to use it???/
I updated saturday to build 53 and now I can't use mine at allAngry

Jodi - YES, I just tried it. It's working perfectly. I used Nursery Rhyme and welded two images together and I just CUT it on my Expression. - Char

kd4 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:51:50 PM(UTC)
kd4

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Not everyone is in yet...we're all itching to get in, but I am still glad you all are going through the frustrating part for the rest of us!BigGrin
 2 users thanked kd4 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/11/2011(UTC), HeyLady54 on 7/14/2011(UTC)
ReenyBug Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:27:19 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
It worked for me for a little bit and I just loved it!! Now it's not working and I'm not sure why. Have sent feedback so hopefully someone can find whatever bug may be causing issues.
HeyLady54 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
HeyLady54

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I am using:

THANK YOU, PC!!

Char

Is this build thing for the Gypsy and or your machine. I'm confused, the learning curve is winning in this household. I'm very patient and sure it will all make sense soon.

I'm in CCR, but it will not let me cut. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Windows7, learning that too!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:25:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:45:19 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HeyLady54 Go to Quoted Post
Is this build thing for the Gypsy and or your machine. I'm confused, the learning curve is winning in this household. I'm very patient and sure it will all make sense soon.

I'm in CCR, but it will not let me cut. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Windows7, learning that too!

The "Build" is for CCR itself. Whenever they release a new update to CCR it will be a new build number.

The most recent build (53) was to fix some problems with cutting to the cricuts. Not all those problems have been fixed yet, which is why the program is still in Beta testing and hasn't been officially launched to the general public.

There are two versions of the CCR beta. One is an online version which you can design with but not cut. (You won't see a Cut button) and the other is what's called the Desktop version. You install that one to your computer and launch it from an icon on your desktop. It does have a cut button.

Which version are you using?
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
HeyLady54 on 7/14/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:33:03 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
The "Build" is for CCR itself. Whenever they release a new update to CCR it will be a new build number.

The most recent build (53) was to fix some problems with cutting to the cricuts. Not all those problems have been fixed yet, which is why the program is still in Beta testing and hasn't been officially launched to the general public.

There are two versions of the CCR beta. One is an online version which you can design with but not cut. (You won't see a Cut button) and the other is what's called the Desktop version. You install that one to your computer and launch it from an icon on your desktop. It does have a cut button.

It is the CUT download that will have the new BUILD on it (that Narelle mentioned, above. You do not go into the desktop application of CCR, which does not give you the CUT button. There will not be a download there. You merely go into CCR through this icon (the one that has the CUT button on the mat after you get in) and you will see a screen come up that shows the new BUILD and it will give you the option to download it. After it downloads (watch out, because the final part of the download popped up behind my CCR screen (so, I had to minimize the CCR screen down to the toolbar on the bottom of the computer screen, then I saw the rest of the download)......after it downloads, when you go back into CCR, you should see the BUILD 53 in the bottom left hand corner of your CCR screen (not where you go into it with your email address and your password, but after you go to the next screen).

Hope that helps.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
HeyLady54 on 7/14/2011(UTC)
HeyLady54 Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:32:53 AM(UTC)
HeyLady54

It is the CUT download that will have the new BUILD on it (that Narelle mentioned, above. You do not go into the desktop application of CCR, which does not give you the CUT button. There will not be a download there. You merely go into CCR through this icon (the one that has the CUT button on the mat after you get in) and you will see a screen come up that shows the new BUILD and it will give you the option to download it. After it downloads (watch out, because the final part of the download popped up behind my CCR screen (so, I had to minimize the CCR screen down to the toolbar on the bottom of the computer screen, then I saw the rest of the download)......after it downloads, when you go back into CCR, you should see the BUILD 53 in the bottom left hand corner of your CCR screen (not where you go into it with your email address and your password, but after you go to the next screen).

Hope that helps.

Char

I found the "cut" button on my desktop version! Thank you very much. I'm going to take my laptop up to my scrap area and try to cut. It's strange that the version that I got through on the Internet doesn't work, they both said build 53. I'm not going to complain, because it it works I'm a very happy camper. I will be a beta tester any day, just glad I have all you smart ladies out there to help us along the way. Thank you again. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I'm also learning Windows 7!
 1 user thanked HeyLady54 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/14/2011(UTC)
HeyLady54 Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:34:38 AM(UTC)
HeyLady54

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post

I love your blog, read the WHOLE thing the other night and got a lot of tips! Thank you again for your help. I'm off to try and cut!
 1 user thanked HeyLady54 for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/14/2011(UTC)
HeyLady54 Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:05:19 AM(UTC)
HeyLady54

It didn't cut. I did get a message that it didn't recognize my Expression. My Expression is say USB active, use the keypad to enter characters. I quickly designed something in Birthday Bash, put the cartridge in my machine too.

I think I'm making progress, but just in baby steps! Any additional suggestions?
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:46:16 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
It didn't cut. I did get a message that it didn't recognize my Expression. My Expression is say USB active, use the keypad to enter characters. I quickly designed something in Birthday Bash, put the cartridge in my machine too.

I think I'm making progress, but just in baby steps! Any additional suggestions?

You may need to update the Expressions drivers.

Close CCR & turn off your Expression.
Open CCR (the desktop version)
When it had opened make sure your Expression is connected to your computer then power the expression on.
Select Help, Install Drivers
Select Cricut Expression Drivers and follow the instructions from there.

When you're finished try cutting again.

If it's not successful restart your computer/CCR/Expression and try cutting again.
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:12:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

In adding to Narrelle's suggestions:

1. Be sure you have gone to cricut.com and registered your cartridge.

2. In CCR, on the left side menus, click on OPTIONS. Be sure you have selected your EXPRESSION there and the size MAT you are using. NOTE: THIS WOULD NEED TO BE CHANGED EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT MACHINE TO CUT SOMETHING OUT; e.g., if you use your Expression one day, you need to tell CCR. If you change to E2 the next day, you will have to change this information in OPTIONS.

3. I would think you should go to OPTIONS and click on the Craft Room tab and go down to EDIT BOOKMARKS and show in there the cartridges you own, also. (TO MY WAY OF THINKING, this is how CCR knows if we own the cartridges; however, it only says when you show what cartridges you have, it speeds up everything you are doing in looking for things you want to work with in CCR). Basically, I think if you have registered your cartridges, CCR knows in this way what cartridges you own.

Hoping Narrelle's or my suggestions help you.

Char