Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Run4mysoul Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:44:34 PM(UTC)
Run4mysoul

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hello there! I was working in the CCR today (and trying to cut, get a recognized device, etc), when I had an idea I thought I would share. I'm working on my Christmas cards and trying to cut the fireplace off of the Joys of the Season cartridge. In order to do this the way I want, I am going to have to cut 2 different shadows, one in brown and one in orange, in order to get the flame to be backed by orange. I am also going to have to cut 2 different layers, one in black and another in yellow, in order to get the top part of the flame yellow. When this is a small project, that isn't too bad of a paper waste, but I'm looking at 50+ Christmas cards, which equals A LOT of wasted paper. Is there, or will there, be an option to "ungroup" the images on the cartridges, so that I could cut the flame separately, therefore cutting down on paper waste?

Thanks so much!

Janeil
Soo Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:39:02 PM(UTC)
Soo

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I sometimes use 'hide contour' to get just part of an image. Click on the 'hide contour' button at the bottom right of the image and click on the bits you don't want to cut. It usually works well - but it will depend on the image.
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
Run4mysoul on 10/24/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JaneilAnderson Go to Quoted Post
Hello there! I was working in the CCR today (and trying to cut, get a recognized device, etc), when I had an idea I thought I would share. I'm working on my Christmas cards and trying to cut the fireplace off of the Joys of the Season cartridge. In order to do this the way I want, I am going to have to cut 2 different shadows, one in brown and one in orange, in order to get the flame to be backed by orange. I am also going to have to cut 2 different layers, one in black and another in yellow, in order to get the top part of the flame yellow. When this is a small project, that isn't too bad of a paper waste, but I'm looking at 50+ Christmas cards, which equals A LOT of wasted paper. Is there, or will there, be an option to "ungroup" the images on the cartridges, so that I could cut the flame separately, therefore cutting down on paper waste?

Thanks so much!

Janeil

Hi Janeil,

The function you are looking for already exists. Smile

It's called Hide Contour. When you place an image on your mat that is made up of more than one line (contour) the object will have a Hide Contour button in its left corner. The fireplace image is perfect for this.

Using the top layer as an example, place it on the mat then click the Hide Contour button.

At the next screen move your mouse over the flame and its outline will turn red.

Now left click and the flame will turn light blue. This means it won't cut.

(You unhide the contour the same way.)

When you've finished hiding contours press the Exit button in the top left of the screen and you'll go back to your mat. You'll notice that the flame is now missing.

You can copy and paste that image (or use the fill option) as many times as you need it and the lines will stay hidden.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your cards!

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Run4mysoul on 10/24/2011(UTC), Glenda on 10/28/2011(UTC)