Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

anniehall Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:59:21 AM(UTC)
anniehall

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just updated CCR to latest build and although I can view the new "Announcements" tab, when I click the login button I get the following message

"CCRBridge.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Does anyone know why?
mallorym Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:01:25 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anniehall Go to Quoted Post
Just updated CCR to latest build and although I can view the new "Announcements" tab, when I click the login button I get the following message

"CCRBridge.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Does anyone know why?

The Announcements and View Notices buttons are linked to websites and do not use the 'bridge'. Often, bridge errors occur as a result of an antivirus software or firewall blocking communication. You may consider temporarily disabling any of these kinds of programs you have running on your computer. If doing so allows you to successfully log in to Craft Room, you will want to contact the software provider to help you get Craft Room added to your trusted program or 'exceptions' list.

Mallory
Provo Craft
KimberlyMaehrer Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:33:23 PM(UTC)
KimberlyMaehrer

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 5562 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post
The Announcements and View Notices buttons are linked to websites and do not use the 'bridge'. Often, bridge errors occur as a result of an antivirus software or firewall blocking communication. You may consider temporarily disabling any of these kinds of programs you have running on your computer. If doing so allows you to successfully log in to Craft Room, you will want to contact the software provider to help you get Craft Room added to your trusted program or 'exceptions' list.

Mallory
Provo Craft

That doesn't stop the bridge errors either!

Kim M.
Amy Chomas Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:40:18 PM(UTC)
Amy Chomas

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Same problem here and I closed everything. The only time I have time to call support is at night, when they are all off!
Marfy Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:44:13 PM(UTC)
Marfy

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I shut everything down etc. This error has been plaguing me for months.
scrapbookingforfun Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:35:24 PM(UTC)
scrapbookingforfun

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have recieved bridge errors from day 1 on XP and 7. I have never been able to complete a project on craftroom. I have tried everything! Has anyone been able to resolve this issue??
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:15:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
I have never had much trouble in CCR with WINDOWS XP. After one of the latest BUILDS, I was unable to update my FIRMWARE on my Expression. I had a friend try it on her computer because my computer had crashed several months ago and there is a component missing in my browser that we can no longer download in XP. I read on the FIRMWARE update you needed to have that component. Anyway, I have my Expression with me now (as of today) and I'm going to try CCR pretty soon. I'm not sure the problem with my computer caused my FIRMWARE not to update, because after I had a friend try it for me, PC came out with another update and I saw where some others were having the same trouble on the FIRMWARE update that I had, but they were able to update after the latest build.

I have never tried on my WINDOWS 7. Are you 32-BIT or 64-BIT? I'm a little afraid to try it, but I would like to; I've seen others have had success with it.

How much RAM do you have on your computers?

Have you rebooted your computer lately; you know rebooting kind of recallibrates your computer to a fresh start and if you're like a lot of people I know, me included, you don't shut down your computer all that often. I would disconnect your PC machine and after the reboot, connect it and turn it on and let your rebooted computer recognize your machine.

Have you cleaned out cookies/temporary files/etc., lately?

HAVE YOU GONE UP TO HELP MENU IN CCR AND INSTALLED THE DRIVERS FOR THE MACHINE YOU'RE USING? (Sorry, can't remember if you can even get into CCR; if not, disregard this question).

Have you EVER been able to get into CCR? If so, when and under what BUILD. Maybe PC could help you get back to that build?

So sorry you're having problems; hope they are resolved soon.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:19:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LazyBee Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 12:56:23 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anniehall Go to Quoted Post

Does anyone know why?

I run Win7 on both a 32 bit and 64 bit system. Currently I am having fairly good success getting everything to work. It just takes getting it all set up (time and patience).

From everything I've read it looks like it has something to do with firewall/virus protection. You need to tell your virus protection software to allow the bridge. I went into mine and allowed everything pertaining to Cricut and Carftroom. It appears to have allieviated the issue and I am able to now get into CR and print and cut.

You may want to delete all previous versions of the software and do a fresh install as well, then go in and adjust you protection settings. I uninstalled Cricut Sync, Adobe Air, Craftroom, and Imagine drivers. Then I cleaned out my resgistry (CCleaner), restarted my computer and unplugged my Imagine, but left it on.

After restart I turned off the firewall, then reinstalled a fresh version of Cricut Sync. Closed the screen and then reopened. Plugged in imagine to install the drivers...followed the directions. Then closed CSync, reopened and checked to make sure Imagine was connecting. I then closed again and restarted and check my Gypsy. Close CSync after checking to make sure it is communicating.

Next I downloaded the latest version of Craftroom. Install it and follow the prompts. When then Craftroom login page loads do not sign in. Exit the program. Go to your virus protection (I use Norton) software and "Allow" or put on your exception list any program that is associated with Cricut and this includes the bridge. Mine (there were 4 or 5 different ones I reset) were originally set to "auto" and all I did was set it to "Allow", save/apply. Turn your firewall back on. I restarted computer and then loaded Craftroom, signed in, and did a test of print/cut. I did not have to reinstall my imagine driver using these steps, but did install the Expression driver. Everything seems to be working much better and so far I haven't recieved the dreaded bridge error.

Remember to turn off you firewall before installing. Unfortunately there are so many different virus protection programs out, so you may need to contact your vendor to get instructions on how to allow different programs. If this doesn't work call PC and have them walk you through it.

Edited by user Monday, November 07, 2011 1:21:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BillsGirl Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 2:28:40 PM(UTC)
BillsGirl

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am having the same trouble. I have turned off my firewall and disabled my virus protection and reinstalled the software and I still have the same message. Frustrating! I have Windows 7 64 bit and my virus protection is AVG Free version. Any help would be great!

CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:39:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BillsGirl Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same trouble. I have turned off my firewall and disabled my virus protection and reinstalled the software and I still have the same message. Frustrating! I have Windows 7 64 bit and my virus protection is AVG Free version. Any help would be great!

Did you UNINSTALL everything BEFORE you reinstalled the software? If so, did you go to HELP in CCR (menus at top) and INSTALL DRIVERS for your machine (while you had your machine connected to the internet)?

Just trying to throw something your way that might be helpful.

Char
cricutkris Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:55:57 PM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I've been plagued with the bridge error since 2 builds ago...60something. Since the last 2, they seem to have gone away. Both of my machines are (knock wood) behaving and no bridge errors. However, this latest build and Vista AND trend micro are extremely slow sending to the imagine and rendering the images. I don't know why and exiting trend micro doesn't help much.

BillsGirl Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:05:36 AM(UTC)
BillsGirl

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Char,

Yes I did all that and still bridge error! Thanks for your suggestions!

Tirsha
 1 user thanked BillsGirl for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/8/2011(UTC)
scrapbookingforfun Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:19:17 PM(UTC)
scrapbookingforfun

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I called support today about the bridge error and here are the instructions that they emailed to me as to how to fix the error:

Here are some instructions to follow, for when you get the bridge error:

Default web browser (needs to be internet explorer)

How to check?

· Open internet window and find the word “tools” in the upper right hand corner.

· Select the drop down arrow and go to “internet options” (usually at the bottom) and a new window should come up.

· Along the top of the new window select the “programs” tab, inside this tab you should be able to select the “make default” button.

· This should change it over to internet explorer. Customers should avoid Firefox, AOL, Verizon, and AT&T.

Open the Cricut Craftroom to where to you get the error message.

End the bridge!

Steps…

· Press control, Alt, Delete on keyboard.

· Go into task manager.

· Along the tab click on the processes tab.

· Find the process named “bridge .exe”

· Click end process.

· Restart Craftroom.

Craftroom is down right now but hopefully when it is up and running these instructions will resolve the issue for all of us :)
 3 users thanked scrapbookingforfun for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/8/2011(UTC), BlytheSpirit on 11/8/2011(UTC), BillsGirl on 11/9/2011(UTC)