Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CanadaJanice Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:48:05 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I love my Gypsy, and use it all the time - my carts are actually sort of buried in a storage room. I know the images are bigger in CCR, but I have no problem with the image size on my Gypsy screen.

Should I play with CCR, or is there no benefit to a happy Gypsy user?
Soo Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:12:52 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I think the only way you'll know is if you give it a try yourself. Personally, I much prefer the Craft Room to my Gypsy - everything just seems easier. You can play in the Craft Room with the design tools without connecting your machine or having to cut (or dig your cartridges out) so there isn't really a downside to seeing what it looks like yourself.
lovethatbug Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:42:49 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CanadaJanice Go to Quoted Post
I love my Gypsy, and use it all the time - my carts are actually sort of buried in a storage room. I know the images are bigger in CCR, but I have no problem with the image size on my Gypsy screen.

You can always play and design the craft room then save it to your computer as a gypsy file and then cut it out with the gypsy.
Hope this helps
Stacy
 2 users thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
paperlover on 11/8/2011(UTC), CricketCMV on 11/8/2011(UTC)
paperlover Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:06:26 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lovethatbug Go to Quoted Post
You can always play and design the craft room then save it to your computer as a gypsy file and then cut it out with the gypsy.
Hope this helps
Stacy

Would this work with the trial version that you don't even need to download to your computer? Forgive me if this sounds like I don't have a clue.lol. I usually don't when it comes to techi stuff.
KBo Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:00:35 PM(UTC)
KBo

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There is no "trial" version. It is all free and the full program is what you download.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:08:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CanadaJanice Go to Quoted Post

It would be very interesting to hear from all of the GYPSY users who were very upset with PC some months back. There were some problems and the GYPSY users were BEGGING PC to fix the problems and/or update so they could do some things in their GYPSYs they would like to do but could never do.

So, it is up to you. IF YOU ARE GETTING EVERYTHING OUT OF YOUR GYPSY you want and you can't see that CCR has anything MORE you want, then you will probably be very content to stay where you are.

For me, I have never owned a GYPSY. I have a lot of arthritis, so the idea of holding something in my hand to try to design on is not appealing to me at all. I think it would be very hard for me. I LOVE CCR; and, I think there might be some extra things you can do on it that you can't on your GYPSYs. Again, I'm not sure. Would love for all those who have GYPSYs that were wanting other things to come here and tell us if they are available now in CCR and they could never do them on their GYPSYs.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:16:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: paperlover Go to Quoted Post
Would this work with the trial version that you don't even need to download to your computer? Forgive me if this sounds like I don't have a clue.lol. I usually don't when it comes to techi stuff.

YOU CAN CREATE WITHOUT DOWNLOADING; you would never be able to CUT in CCR without downloading the application.

To CREATE without DOWNLOADING, go to cricut.com and click on the CRAFTROOM tab at the top. Once you get in there, click on ENTER and click on the left button which I believe says TEST CRICUT CRAFT ROOM. While this looks like it is downloading to your computer, it isn't; it's merely opening craftroom up on the internet. It will look like this everytime you go in to create. ONCE IT OPENS, YOU MERELY ENTER BY USING THE SAME PASSWORD YOU USE ON CRICUT.COM OR CIRCLE OR MESSAGE BOARD.

Once you enter this CREATE mode, you can start your projects, name them and they will remain there as long as you want them to--or, unless PC does something that takes them away (which a few of us have experienced and don't know where the files went--in my case, it's not a big thing. I usually create/cut my project and I'm on to something else. There's probably no reason I would ever go back to that creation, because I like to do different projects all the time. If I were one to want to make fifty of that one creation, then that would certainly be a little maddening).

The other buttons in craftroom, on the right, are the APPLICATION DOWNLOADS, which hold the CUT button. These are the ones you won't want to go into unless you do want to download CRAFTROOM to your computer.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
paperlover on 11/8/2011(UTC)