Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<29303132>
Jewelsx19 Offline
#901 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 10:16:57 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Are they still holding it hostage Shonda? For what reason now?

This is seriously crazy Confused
NancyWatson1 Offline
#902 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 10:18:04 AM(UTC)
NancyWatson1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Loves2Smock - Actually almost brought tears to my eyes! I'm so sorry your little one is so sick and in so much pain now. My prayers are with you. I hate to see anyone sick, but especially a little one like that and so close to Christmas. Just breaks my heart!
Loves2Smock Offline
#903 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 11:54:28 AM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
NancyWatson1 wrote:
Loves2Smock - Actually almost brought tears to my eyes! I'm so sorry your little one is so sick and in so much pain now. My prayers are with you. I hate to see anyone sick, but especially a little one like that and so close to Christmas. Just breaks my heart!

Not only close to Christmas, but her surgery was the day after her birthday. I wanted to give her the best chance at feeling well for Christmas, and we needed it done quickly because of the apnea. I actually lost it last night seeing her like this. It's not fair to send little ones home in so much pain and force them to take fluids orally after a procedure like this knowing there are not a lot of safe options to treat the pain in a peds patient. Our insurance has no problem with her staying, but the doctor would not hear of it. He actually told me I needed to pinch her nose shut and pinch her cheeks/mouth open and force it when I called last night because she was not tolerating this well. Thankfully she is a little better today. We've gotten aobut 8 ounces of water and a tiny tofutti "icecream" sandwich in her so far today. Hopefully we can keep the fluid intake increasing so she gets better. Thank you so much for keeping her in your prayers! They are helping!

Edited by user Friday, December 17, 2010 11:56:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

laurahunter Offline
#904 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 12:40:01 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Location: DFW area, Texas MQ # 246 page 9, New MQ # 28 page 1

Was thanked: 356 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Love2Smock my heart is breaking for both you and your daughter. I cann't imagine seeing one of my kids in that much pain and really not being able to help. It just about seems that since they are so little doctors don't take their pain seriously. Hopefully things will get better today. Please keep us updated.

Your Secret Elf,Laura
NancyWatson1 Offline
#905 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 7:48:16 PM(UTC)
NancyWatson1

Loves2Smock wrote:
Not only close to Christmas, but her surgery was the day after her birthday. I wanted to give her the best chance at feeling well for Christmas, and we needed it done quickly because of the apnea. I actually lost it last night seeing her like this. It's not fair to send little ones home in so much pain and force them to take fluids orally after a procedure like this knowing there are not a lot of safe options to treat the pain in a peds patient. Our insurance has no problem with her staying, but the doctor would not hear of it. He actually told me I needed to pinch her nose shut and pinch her cheeks/mouth open and force it when I called last night because she was not tolerating this well. Thankfully she is a little better today. We've gotten aobut 8 ounces of water and a tiny tofutti "icecream" sandwich in her so far today. Hopefully we can keep the fluid intake increasing so she gets better. Thank you so much for keeping her in your prayers! They are helping!

I think when all this is over, I would be looking for a new Doctor! What a horrible thing to say and to not let her stay over when the insurance doesn't have a problem with it is just ridiculous! Our prayers are with you.
Loves2Smock Offline
#906 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:14:34 PM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

laurahunter wrote:
Love2Smock my heart is breaking for both you and your daughter. I cann't imagine seeing one of my kids in that much pain and really not being able to help. It just about seems that since they are so little doctors don't take their pain seriously. Hopefully things will get better today. Please keep us updated.

Your Secret Elf,Laura

I finally got a chance to open my gifts! Thank you so much, Laura! I love everything! I will post pictures when I can. I got some Timmy folders, liquid applique, liquid pearls, a big fancy flower and some really neat collage image tags. Thank you so much!
grandmaJ Offline
#907 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:12:44 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 641 post(s)
OMG Loves2Smock....my heart goes out to you and your dd! Praying she is feeling better soon! I agree, drs. seem to not do well with pain in children and to me that is just plain cruel! Please keep us posted on her and know we are all feeling your pain here!

Oh I hope the last pkgs are all on their way to their new homes! Hate to see anyone have to be put on the 'F' list!

Have a happy day everyone....Christmas is a week from today!!!!!!!!!

Rockin around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop
Rocking around the Christmas tree,
Let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
And we'll do some caroling.

Loves2Smock Offline
#908 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:10:17 AM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

NancyWatson1 wrote:
I think when all this is over, I would be looking for a new Doctor! What a horrible thing to say and to not let her stay over when the insurance doesn't have a problem with it is just ridiculous! Our prayers are with you.

We will be seeking out an new ENT thats for sure. I will also behaving words with our pediatrician about NOT reccomending this doctor. This ENT used to be great (I used to see him) and now has gotten fairly cocky and I am still shocked at what he said. Abbie seems to be doing better this morning. Still not eating and drinking well, but functioning OK on just tylenol so far. I may have to go back to the Lortab for her next dose to get her drinking/eating.
justbugginout Offline
#909 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:23:13 PM(UTC)
justbugginout

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
prayers for your little one, hope she does feel better for Christmas!!
misslu62 Offline
#910 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:09:43 PM(UTC)
misslu62

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Well, Canada is still holding Julie's package hostage. I am totally NEVER using UPS again - for shipping anything anywhere!!!!

Hopfully it will be delivered on Tuesday. If it's not, there might just be a "road trip" in my future. My husband knows not to pi$$ me off and these Canadians just might get a little taste of why that's a bad idea.

Try googling problems with UPS and you will learn a lot!! Too bad it was too late for me this time, but there won't be a "next time" for me and MR. UPS!!!

Sorry Julie!!!!!!!!!!

Shonda
DeniceB. Offline
#911 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:51:06 PM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Loves2smock...sorry to hear about your dd, sending prayers that she's feeling better soon!

Misslu62...those shipping mishaps are awful, I hope you can get it all figured out soon.

Hmmm....I wonder if my SS Elfie is going to hand deliver this month's package or mail it?
justbugginout Offline
#912 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:18:05 PM(UTC)
justbugginout

hoping for that last package tomorrow???? Huh
grandmaJ Offline
#913 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 5:29:41 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Friends till Christmas (and much much longer!)

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm not but I am not panicing yet!! That will come later in the week I am sure!

Hope the rest of the pkgs for Dec. are received today!!

Jolly old Saint Nicholas,
Lean your ear this way!
Don't you tell a single soul
What I'm going to say;
Christmas Eve is coming soon;
Now, you dear old man,
Whisper what you'll bring to me;
Tell me if you can.

misslu62 Offline
#914 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 7:04:21 AM(UTC)
misslu62

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Can I have a drum roll please

According to the latest hostage negotiations this morning, JULIE'S PACKAGE IS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERRED TO HER TODAY!!!This whole process has been mind boggling for me. I just don't understand how a world-class corporation can allow this to happen. Maybe Janet Nakushian needs to get a phone call or note. Her father was one of the founders of UPS and she lives locally. They have lost my business, and I know I am just a drop in their bucket, but if enough people consciously make an effort to not send by UPS when given a choice, maybe we can make a difference.

I'm off my soap box. I have to go sew 5 shirts for a lady and her grandchildren who travel the world together. Friends are having shirts made that say "Betsy's Explorers". I thought that was pretty sweetBigGrin

Shonda

Edited by user Monday, December 20, 2010 7:11:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NancyWatson1 Offline
#915 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 8:59:00 AM(UTC)
NancyWatson1

I still haven't gotten my package for this month, FYI
Jewelsx19 Offline
#916 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 9:12:58 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Yey! I can't wait...I will be watching for the brown truck!

Btw...that little clip is way to cute! But you should have had a warning, hot chocolate up the nose doesn't feel so nice!LOL
Scrappin_RN Offline
#917 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 10:36:35 AM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Lovestosmock:

I am hoping dear daughter is feeling better. I work in a pediatric hospital and I know when they come in for those types of surgery they submit paperwork for an overnight stay and most kids do go home the next day - but our ENT's have never sent a patient home when they were that sick and/or the parent did not feel comfortable. I am praying that her pain continues to improve and that she tolerates more fluids. Poor pumpkin Blushing

Secondly: thank you so much for being an amazing secret elf! I am loving all the goods in my revel package and will be back in a few minutes to post pictures
justbugginout Offline
#918 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 11:06:20 AM(UTC)
justbugginout

still nothing Crying
Loves2Smock Offline
#919 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 12:46:37 PM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Scrappin_RN wrote:
Lovestosmock:

I am hoping dear daughter is feeling better. I work in a pediatric hospital and I know when they come in for those types of surgery they submit paperwork for an overnight stay and most kids do go home the next day - but our ENT's have never sent a patient home when they were that sick and/or the parent did not feel comfortable. I am praying that her pain continues to improve and that she tolerates more fluids. Poor pumpkin Blushing

Secondly: thank you so much for being an amazing secret elf! I am loving all the goods in my revel package and will be back in a few minutes to post pictures

Aw Thanks, Cammie! I had to take her to the ER yesterday for IV fluids. I really feel all of this could have been prevented had he just let her stay in the first place and at least keep the fluids going to let her body heal more, rather than discharging her 4.5 hours post op. The nurse didnt even check the amounts of fluid she was taking orally and I didnt realize until we got home it was less than 2oz when I checked her cups. Anyway, she is finally doing better today after being rehydrated at a different hospital as per her pediatrician's orders. I am soooooo mad at the ENT I cant even call like I am supposed to today to check in like the ER asked me to.
Loves2Smock Offline
#920 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 12:47:44 PM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Scrappin_RN wrote:
Lovestosmock:

I hope you like the stocking. I know it's non-traditionally colored, but I knit it myself! LOL
Jewelsx19 Offline
#921 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 1:04:20 PM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

UPS finally released the hostage!!

I got spoiled this time around, thank you SOOOOOOO much Shonda! I got a Jolly Holidays Cart! OMG, I sooooo badly wanted this one! Crackle paint, ink applicator, prima centers, a adorable chalk board to count down the days til Sanda Comes (this is up on my kitchen wall now, I LOVE it!) and the thing my kids are most excited about....pieces to make a snowman! The pipe, button nose, and coal pieces...now we just need more then a dusting of snow! LOL LOL
Jewelsx19 attached the following image(s):
DSCF8383 (400x293).jpg
Jewelsx19 Offline
#922 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 1:06:28 PM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Oh..and btw shonda...UPS is crazy! There is several stickers on the box, including a red/white one that says C.O.D in huge letters on it, and another that has handwritten "DO NOT DELIVER!"

Not sure what the Cursing they were doing down there with the box!
kittyshoes Offline
#923 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 8:32:26 PM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
kittyshoes wrote:
candyhazard - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
claudiacatalan - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
daylerobinson - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
deniceb - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
davelor - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
daniismimismommy - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Fairydust0218 - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
family_scrapbook_twilight - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
gaillew - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
grandmaj - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
heart2hand - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
jessicamacdougall - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
justbugginout - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

joeysmom - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
kittyshoes - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
littlemisscountry - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
laurahunter - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
loves2smock - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
misslu62 - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
rebeccafabozzi - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
scrappinchic - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
scrappin_rn - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

scraphappybette - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
nancywatson1 - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
jewelsx19 - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
tiaramoore - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
valinecampbell - BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

OK- I need an update from JESSICAMACDOUGALL....
People still waiting for sure= Deniseb,NancyWatson, and Justbugginout.
Nancy- yours is OTW and I have a DC from your elf... So you should have it before Christmas! HOORAY!!
JustBugginOut- I waas just contacted by you elf... she says to watch your mail...
Denise- I am checking on it...
Lisa

Edited by user Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:09:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniceB. Offline
#924 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 9:03:12 PM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Loves2smock...thank goodness you had the commonsense to check her fluid intake! Seriously, no one knows a child better than their parents!

Jewels...hope you enjoy all your goodies! Looks like Santa and her elves think you've been a VERY good girl this year!

I'm guessing my SS Elf is super busy right now, but I know there'll be a package soon...I am patiently waiting, no worries.
grandmaJ Offline
#925 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:51:39 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Tuesday before Christmas Morning to all the Elves!

Jewels, Great box of goodies! Enjoy it all

I hope the rest of the pkgs get to their new homes soon!
Lisa, was JessicaMcDougal the one that was gonna wait to open hers on Christmas?

I found out yesterday that my holiday company is coming in a day earlier due to the threatening snow storm Thursday evening into Friday, so I have a lot to get done today and tomorrow! But I won't complain cause the sooner I can see those grandchildren the better!! Besides, this gives us one extra day with them!!

Have a good day everyone!

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say,
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day,
That's the island greeting that we send to you
From the land where palm trees sway,
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright,
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night,
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way
To say "Merry Christmas to you."

Edited by user Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:54:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kittyshoes Offline
#926 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:46:25 AM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
It is Claudia that is waiting to open, but she has posted as rec'd.
(I sooooo do not have that kind of patients. LOL)
ForTheLOVEofTIM Offline
#927 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:13:39 AM(UTC)
ForTheLOVEofTIM

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Elfs...... thanks so much for playing so nicely this year! I hope that you all enjoyed your gifts and got lots of goodies to play with. Im sorry that I had to let this swap go, but I needed to for my job.... what a freaking waste that was!

THANK YOU LISA for maintaining it for me. I hope that the girls appreciate you as much as I do! Big hugs to you!!!! BigGrin

Anyway, I hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have my fingers crossed for a better 2011!!

Hugs!
ClaudiaCatalan Offline
#928 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:58:41 AM(UTC)
ClaudiaCatalan

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
kittyshoes wrote:
It is Claudia that is waiting to open, but she has posted as rec'd.
(I sooooo do not have that kind of patients. LOL)

Me neither!! I was supposed to wait completely, but I did open my first two packages, (I posted! lol)
BUT we have gone through LOTS of financial troubles lately and my DBF said in order to not drop out, the deal was to wait for christmas, real bummer!
justbugginout Offline
#929 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:10:30 AM(UTC)
justbugginout

I recieved my final package today, thank you so much to my secret elf......Veronica!!!! she sent beautiful lollipop flowers, huge pack of roses (iamroses??? maybe) and the country life cart!!!!! (and a little note that said one more thing is on the way, that's exciting!!!)

I love it all, every month you sent was awesome thanks so much V for being a great elf!!!

NancyWatson1 Offline
#930 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:02:03 PM(UTC)
NancyWatson1

Lisa - thanks for the info.

Nancy - hope your 2011 gets MUCH better!