Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marnienash da rosa Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:22:58 PM(UTC)
marnienash da rosa

Groups: Registered

I have never posted anything ever, but I am totally ripping my hair out from all the ripping paper and falling apart paper. does any one recommend a kind that does not have these issues?. The cricut paper is great but i can not find it anymore,
Gloria Dasher Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:45:26 PM(UTC)
Gloria Dasher

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Puerto Rico

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 145 post(s)
You Might Have to slow your speed or change your blade What type of paper are you using
marnienash da rosa Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:25:23 PM(UTC)
marnienash da rosa

thanks I have tried that , I am struggling with fine tearing in the detailed pieces.
southgirltexas Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 8:46:01 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I am not a big "brand name" person. I can tell you Bazil cuts awful on our bug. My rule of thumb is don't buy textured paper....and the soft fluffy type of paper is a nono too (yes, Itouch the paper to feel it's consistancy). Cheap usually means it won't cut well either. And I just discovered if it is humid and your house is open it wont cut as well.
CowgirlUp Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:13:08 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I love recollions paper from Michaels or Cordinations (I buy it at Joann's when they have it 5 for a $1.)

I don't have a problem with the textured paper from Cordinations at all. But I do agree that Bazil paper cuts horrible in my E but ok in my baby bug. Its really a trial and error thing I've found. but since I am a card maker along with a scrapbooker I use the papers that don't cut well in my bugs as bases in my cards or for the card front base, or photo mats.

Have you tried turning down your pressure? Maybe you need a new blade. Is your mat sticky enough (is the paper lifting off the mat was it cuts) do you need to adjust your blade depth? try taking your blade out and make sure there is no paper bits in there sometimes that will throw off the blade too causing more ripping.

Michaela Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:23:07 AM(UTC)
Michaela

Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I had just the same problem using DCWV textured paper. Finally I found the "Cricut Cutting Guide" (www.aboverubiesstudio.com) which lists an enormous amount of blade settings. Problem solved, no more ripped paper. (Interestingly enough I had to increase the speed, the blade depth and the pressure, I would have never figured that out by myself!) Hope this guide will help you too.
JanLynn Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:36:38 AM(UTC)
JanLynn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Go to the blog Above Rubies Studio. Megan has a free downloadable cutting guide that is very helpful. She has cut several different brands of papers and other materials and has the speed, pressure and blade settings listed. Warning it is about 30 pages to print. You can also buy a bound copy from her at this site. One of my friends was very unhappy with her baby bug not cutting right and I printed the guide for her and now she is in the market for an E2 and loves how her machine cuts. Remember these are guides for settings. Each machine is just a bit different and there may need to be adjustments. Also do you have one of the spatules to remove your cuts? You can get them in the tool kit or purchase it by itself (by itself about $5 at Walmart). I also have a dental tool (tiny hook) that I use to remove tiny inside cuts with. I think I got mine at Custom Crops but I saw a set of 3 in a package the last time I went to Harbor Freight with my husband.
jes.rowef295fd3a Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:58:21 PM(UTC)
jes.rowef295fd3a

I just got my Mini a few days ago and haven't had a lot of time to play with it. The first thing I did was cut cupcake wrappers and they tore like crazy! I turned both settings down (I think they're both on 2, or maybe one and two) and it helped, but it still tears a little. I am going to check into everything you all mentioned, surely something will help. I'm SOO glad I found this site!!!!!!! :)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:28:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8082 time(s) in 4729 post(s)
When I use the softer papers, I use a mat that isn't very sticky and brayer the paper onto the mat and use the blue tape to hold the paper in place. I also use BLADE DEPTH 4 for most of the softer papers and SLOWER SPEED and PRESSURE on Medium. If the paper is too sticky, the soft papers don't do all that good.

I buy a lot of DCWV papers.....glitter/cardstock/paper stacks/textured. I LOVE the papers and hardly ever have any problems cutting out even intricate images.

Having said that, I use an Expression and the MINI. They both cut very good.

Be sure you have screwed the screw pretty tight on the blade housing.

The guide the OP mentioned is very helpful. I printed it out when I first came here in 2008 and forgot to use it at first....but, when I was having trouble with the softer papers, it helped me. It is very helpful on other things you might use in the future, too.

Char