Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JodiBarber Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 11:22:38 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Ok I just got the teresa collins stampmaker machine...I know not the same....I had the Yudu at one time but got rid of it because I mostly wanted to do pictures and couldn't get it figured out how to do...so now on to my idea...

the stamp maker uses the same concept burning images same way with black image.. however the stamp maker comes with software for using line art or photos where it actually turns them into negative for you....I don't know if you can buy just the software you maybe can check at photocentric site but thought I would pass that along to those having trouble doing pics

Jodi
 1 user thanked JodiBarber for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 11/18/2011(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 7:38:35 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12570 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
I love your idea and have been playing around a bit with something similar. I have been playing around with the design tools in photobucket and using inkstamp and contrast together.
NewfyMom Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 10:59:12 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
There are several ways to do photos with the Yudu and I have seen graphic artists really be successful. When they (PC) closed the original Yudu message board '09-mid '11 there were several artists who had, in depth explained their process.

That being said, I'm not one of them. I know that some lay down a grey image then put the black over the top as you would in a two color process. If you have Illustrator it's easy to break down your layers. But Illustrator is expensive and a toy for graphic artists. See the circular problem here.
If you have access to a greyscale printer you can also be successful. They are typically found in silkscreen businesses and graphic designers. Hmmmmm.

So the at-home-I-don't-know-what-I-doing version is Photoshop Elements. I picked up my copy on sale at Costco for $50. So you put in you picture, choose Filter>adjustments>threshold. Threshold drops out the color and you can turn any image into line art. Some pictures work better than others.

This is how I took Be Calm and Carry On, to a transparency. I opened in PSE, Filter>Adjustments>Threshold. I turned red to black and saved. I went through and did it again and reversed the colors so letters became black and background became white. I saved as a JPEG and printed the transparency.

Hope that helps.
Loves2Smock Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 7:05:49 PM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I am not sure what you are getting at with "making pictures" with the yudu. Were you wanting to convert a photograph into line art? The yudu doesn't use a negative image to start, it uses a positive, which you will use to create a negative image with the screen. The polymer that you use in the stamp maker reacts the same way the photo emulsion does, in that it gets hard when exposed to light, but you need the end result to be positive, so you start with a negative. Any line drawing will work with the yudu. You can even shade if you use a half dot capable printer. Anyway there are a lot of programs available for image editing. Did you find one that you like to use?