Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

hcprusak10d513953a Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:04:56 AM(UTC)
hcprusak10d513953a

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone figured out how to purchase individual images with the Mini. Part of the selling pitch was that you can now purchase individual images from any cartridge. Has anyone figured that out yet.

Just received machine yesterday and have had nothing but problems. Also had the problem with the 3D ornaments....thanks for that info.

New to cricut, but if it keeps up like this.....I can skip it.Blushing

Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:45:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hcprusak10d513953a Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone figured out how to purchase individual images with the Mini. Part of the selling pitch was that you can now purchase individual images from any cartridge. Has anyone figured that out yet.

Just received machine yesterday and have had nothing but problems. Also had the problem with the 3D ornaments....thanks for that info.

New to cricut, but if it keeps up like this.....I can skip it.Blushing

After you purchase a digital entitlement it becomes linked to your account. Then follow the below instructions.

When you click CUT in Cricut Craft Room, the application will recognize which cartridges you have linked to your Cricut.com account. When you design a project with linked cartridges and click Cut to view the Cut Preview, you will notice green “link” symbols in the Cartridges Used list (click to view image). Cartridges with a green “link” will not have to be inserted into your Cricut machine to cut! Cartridges in this list that have a gray “broken link” symbol will have to be inserted into the Cricut machine to cut. If you have used more than one cartridge not linked to your Cricut.com account, Cricut Craft Room will prompt you to insert those cartridges one at a time.
gramdinah2bf73ea3 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:24:41 PM(UTC)
gramdinah2bf73ea3

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
But are you purchasing the individual images, or do you still have to purchase the whole cartridge just to use a few of the images from it? I understood you could just purchase what you want, but I haven't figured out how to do it. I'm speaking of all cartridges, not just the Cricut exclusives.
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 2:52:23 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gramdinah2bf73ea3 Go to Quoted Post
But are you purchasing the individual images, or do you still have to purchase the whole cartridge just to use a few of the images from it? I understood you could just purchase what you want, but I haven't figured out how to do it. I'm speaking of all cartridges, not just the Cricut exclusives.

At this writing, you cannot buy individual carts as you have to either purchase the set or the digital carts. That could be an option down the road but we have not been given any details if that will be an option.
cricutkris Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 4:55:07 AM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I heard the same thing but I think the HSN hosts "misunderstood" the buying of images vs. cartridges digitally thing.

If you watch any of their sales pitches they do that a lot.

There are a lot of products they are pitching and I'm sure they can't know everything...but that's not an excuse for fibbing...
 1 user thanked cricutkris for this useful post.
hcprusak10d513953a on 11/28/2011(UTC)
hcprusak10d513953a Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 8:53:36 AM(UTC)
hcprusak10d513953a

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Seriously, though. I have mine up and running now. Someone on here suggested going to Live Chat and that worked great. Can now use the 3D ornaments.

But, about the indi images from cartridges, it wasn't only the HSN hosts mentioning that, it was also the girl from Cricut who mentioned it several times. That was one of the selling points for me. Now, I am going to keep my machine, but Provo and HSN have to be more careful about their selling pitch. They cannot false advertise.
 2 users thanked hcprusak10d513953a for this useful post.
lovethatbug on 11/28/2011(UTC), ChocolateDrop08 on 11/28/2011(UTC)