Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
ANNA Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 6:51:12 PM(UTC)
ANNA

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
We all have scraps around from other projects. This is a NO COST (except postage) swap. You use your scraps and make 10 cards. They should be the same layout. Since you are using ONLY scraps, colors and embellishments can be different.

You will make 10 cards. You will get back 9 different cards plus one your own. (You do not have to send yours if you don't want to.)

Make them size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, no envelopes, use at least 2 embellishments.

Please send what it takes you to send with a little extra postage just in case. I will try to reuse your envelope. Please use a DC# and send the number to me or post to the board when sending. I will cover ALL return DC#'s.

Please put 1 group in 1 bag, with your name, address, group number and board name on the bag.

The due date will be September 30th. They will be mailed back to you no later than October 11th. If they are late they will be returned to sender.

If you sign up please make sure you can follow through, if something comes up please let me know as soon as possible so I can get an angel.

Group 1
Birthday
1. Anna Cool
2. Birdseye7776 Cool
3. wmayr Cool
4. scrappin-witch Cool
5. Familyscrapper Cool
6. Family_Scrapbook_Twilight
7. Scraplifter1 Cool

Group 2
Just Because
1. Anna Cool
2. wmayr Cool
3. Familyscrapper Cool
4. Family_Scrapbook_Twilight
5. birdseye7776 Cool

Group 3
Thank You
1. Anna Cool
2. Birdseye7776 Cool
3. wmayr Cool
4. Familyscrapper Cool
5. Family_Scrapbook_Twilight

Group 4
Any Occasion
1. Anna Cool
2. wmayr Cool
3. Family_Scrapbook_Twilight
4. croppin4funn Cool
5. Birdseye7776 Cool

Group 5
Your favorite Holiday
1. Anna Cool
2. wmayr Cool
3. scrappin-witch Cool
4. Family_Scrapbook_Twilight
5. croppin4funn Cool
6. birdseye7776 Cool

On time incentive: The first person in each group will get free return postage. You can only be eligable for 1 group so there will be 5 winners.

RECEIVED Cool

Winners of on time incentive
1. Scrappin-Witch
2. Familyscrapper
4. Croppin4funn

Edited by user Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:10:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ANNA for this useful post.
scrappin-witch on 10/25/2010(UTC)
wmayr Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:36:11 PM(UTC)
wmayr

I'm here.
scrappin-witch Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:31:37 PM(UTC)
scrappin-witch

I'm here too!!!ThumpUp
ANNA Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:22:58 PM(UTC)
ANNA

Wonderful. I hope everyone else finds their way.
Birdseye7776 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 5:54:09 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I'm here too. well I think I am
wmayr Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 4:38:32 PM(UTC)
wmayr

I'm going to try to post a couple pictures of my grand daughter's arm. I'll post one from right after the surgery and one from just a day or two ago. The first one will be kinda graphic. SorryBlushing

Here's the second one.

Birdseye7776 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:29:38 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

it really looks better in real life. I got to go see her today while they changed the bandages. And she is still a typical 2 year old, and trust me I have one of my own
 1 user thanked Birdseye7776 for this useful post.
wmayr on 9/23/2010(UTC)
scrappin-witch Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:18:21 PM(UTC)
scrappin-witch

BTTBigGrin BigGrin
ANNA Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:37:06 AM(UTC)
ANNA

Ladies,

I am still waiting on two peoples cards. The due date is quickly approaching. If the cards are not received I will swap out and send as planned.

I will not be able to angel any spots, there is life happening here at home and at the school (two bomb threats in one day, 3 total in a 3 week period). You will be sent back your extras.

I just wanted to keep you posted.

Wendy- I'm so glad she is doing so good. I don't think I've talked to you since she was able to leave the hospital. But I do see the pictures on FB. Give her hugs from Great Auntie ANNA
ANNA Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:38:06 AM(UTC)
ANNA

P.S. Wow I was able to change my name. Please take a note of it.
Birdseye7776 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:20:35 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Note taken.
 1 user thanked Birdseye7776 for this useful post.
ANNA on 9/25/2010(UTC)
ANNA Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:35:37 PM(UTC)
ANNA

Birdseye7776 wrote:
Note taken.

You are a HUGE brat!
wmayr Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:28:18 PM(UTC)
wmayr

Isn't she though?
ANNA Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:09:22 PM(UTC)
ANNA

wmayr wrote:
Isn't she though?

We both Know it!

croppin4funn Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:47:47 AM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 91 post(s)
now now sisters be nice.....Flapper
ANNA Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:58:42 AM(UTC)
ANNA

I will try but it's really hard.

Ladies, I believe the last two sets of cards were put in the mail yesterday or today. I am awaiting DC#'s but both have contacted me.

ANNA
familyscrapper Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:26:00 PM(UTC)
familyscrapper

Location: Living in TX; heart and son in Colorado, MQ #83, page 4

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
That's great news.
familyscrapper Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:01:57 PM(UTC)
familyscrapper

Anna,

Any news on the receipt of all of the cards?
ANNA Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:09:29 PM(UTC)
ANNA

HI Ladies,

I am still waiting on Veronica's cards. I know she had to go to Los Angeles because her sister was hospitalized. I have tried to pm her but I think the pming system is down.

On the first post this is what I have as the schedule:

The due date will be September 30th. They will be mailed back to you no later than October 11th. If they are late they will be returned to sender.

I am going to have them packaged and ready to go so if they don't arrive in time I will get the ones that I have out.

Thanks for your patience.
ANNA
croppin4funn Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:56:48 PM(UTC)
croppin4funn

LOL LOL LOL
ANNA Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 9:06:34 PM(UTC)
ANNA

Veronica's are in the mail and I have a DC#. If they don't arrive ontime I will send them in another envelope. They should have arrived today and I am wondering if a neighbor got them??

I have these sorted and will send them out after I get Monday's mail. (crossing my fingers Veronica's will get here.)

I will pm you and also post DC#'s when I get back on Monday.

Thanks for being so patient with me I have really had a bad couple of weeks with my CFS.
ANNA
ANNA Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 9:08:02 PM(UTC)
ANNA

Wendy and Bridgette,

Do you want me to mail you yours or give them to Sheri when I see her on the 21st?
familyscrapper Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:16:08 PM(UTC)
familyscrapper

Anna - tomorrow may be a postal holiday; not sure, but since it's a federal holiday I believe it is. I have no problem waiting if others don't.
wmayr Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 10:21:25 PM(UTC)
wmayr

Giving them to Sheri is fine with me.
ANNA Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 12:27:47 PM(UTC)
ANNA

familyscrapper wrote:
Anna - tomorrow may be a postal holiday; not sure, but since it's a federal holiday I believe it is. I have no problem waiting if others don't.

I think you might be right. My mail lady is usually here by now but hasn't shown yet.

I will get these in the mail tomorrow. Guess I should have checked for holidays before making a mailing date.

Thanks for the heads up.
ANNA
Birdseye7776 Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

So..... Anna wanted me to get on here and let you know that She had to make another trip to Utah, this time because her Father In Law is passing. She did bring her computer but doesn't know if she will have internet. she is staying with a cousin until everything is taken care of. if you have any questions, you can PM me and I can call her and ask. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
She feels REALLY bad she isnt going to be able to get these in the mail tomorrow. Please be patient.
Thanks
Bridgette
ANNA Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:22:01 AM(UTC)
ANNA

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know for those that may not yet know I am in Cedar City, Utah.

I got an e-mail yesterday from my brother in law John that was a copy of a letter from my sister in law Jeanne. The letter was addressed to her children and as an after thought was sent to both John and Jeff (also my brother in law).

Grandpa wasn’t/isn’t doing well. Grandma is pretty scared, though she’s trying not to show it.
Angela discovered that Grandpa had MRSA—it’s pretty yucky stuff. (if you want to be grossed out, look at it on google images.) The staff took swabs and tested and confirmed it. Angela said it looked better today after all the things she had him take. She has been giving GP lots of herbs and good food as opposed to the white bread and Koolaid she told me they were trying to feed him.
He finally got on oxygen again too—after Ang hounded him, and his O levels are up almost twice what they were yesterday.
If anyone wants to go visit GP, then stay with GM, that would be nice. Angela is staying up there until Thursday. Bret is coming Thursday with Housten.
They will stay for awhile. I will be going up to stay for a week when Housten leaves. Probably next Thursday, the 14th, or so. I can stay until the following Tuesday morning.
I will let you know updates. I’m praying for GM too—she seems to need it most of all. GP is in high spirits. You can reach him at 435-865-3421—at a nursing care hospital.
Angela is hoping he can be moved in two weeks to Panguitch hospital, but for now, he is expected to be there 4 more weeks. Thanks for your prayers for GP and GM. I’ll keep you updated.
Hugs, Mom PS—Jeff & Diane and Lan and Cheryl, I copied you to this at the last moment—I didn’t know how much you had heard, so here’s the scoop!

So after receiving the above letter from John I wrote him back to ask what was going on. He called me and told me what Jeanne had told him. Gene is going down hill. He didn't tell the doctor he was diabetic and they had been giving him glucose his levels were in the upper 300's when they should be in the 100's. When I got off the phone with John I called Angela (my sister in law). She told me she has been here since Saturday. When she had called after the surgery, I don't know what day, Bernice (my mother in law) told her everything went good and Gene was doing good. There was something in her voice that didn't sound right so Angela came up. She found Gene not in a hospital but in a rehabilitation center for his physical therapy. No round the clock nurses or anyone to check in on him routinely. His leg was swollen and had blisters all over his back. He was eating only cheese, kool aid and white bread. The Dr's hadn't even noticed the blisters, she brought them to their attention. Angela said she thought they looked like MRSA (don't know what it is? I didn't either until I googled it.... it is NOT pretty!!!!) They tested and it did indeed come back as MRSA. But it is so infected the antibiotics are only making it worse and Gene is getting weaker. Angela is a Master Herbalist, She started putting herbs on the blisters right away and feeding Gene a healthier diet that is within his diabetic range. The blisters are still moving up his back but the big ones are looking better.

Gene was not healthy enough for the surgery but told the Dr.s he was in a lot of pain and wanted to go through with it any way.

This letter is from Bernice that John received while on the phone with me. He forwarded it to me.

angela took over and began to work on gene on saturday. he had BIG blisters on his back and all down the left side. they wanted to put antibiotic stuff on them but nothing did any good until angela started on them they were getting worse until she got there. she went to the health food store and got tea tree oil and eucaliptis oil. she also makes sure that he doesnt get junk food like white bread, yukky cheese and kool aid. that is a dinner meal. bret is coming tomorrow and then jeanne is coming. i will take off most of the nest week and maybe the rest of this week.
thats it for now. he is so much better already but only if he gets the blisters worked on 4 times a day
love mom

Both John and Angela have told me that Bernice has "checked out". She is under a tremendous amount of stress and isn't letting it out. She is very angry and is being very mean, especially to Gene. Angela told me she has never seen her mother this way. I am almost scared to go see her given our relationship over the past 22 years. Angela told me not to call her because she will be mean and hurtful.

Bernice is still in Panguitch and Gene is in Cedar City. They are about 60 miles apart. Bernice has 3 cords of wood that haven't been cut up for use. It has rained and snowed in Panguitch. She has no heating in the house so she is living in their camping trailer until Bret (my brother in law) and Houston ( my nephew) can come and cut the wood. I think John is also bringing a trailer of cut wood when he comes down from Oregon?

So any way. I know this story is all over the place. My thoughts are just so jumbled. This is a great shock that I never would have expected. My feeling and emotions aren't what I expected either.

I will be staying here in Cedar City with Lynn (my couson), as long as him and Lana will let me then I will check into a motel for the rest of the time. Hopefully I can stay there at least until next Thursday when Phil gets paid. I do plan on staying the 4 weeks that Gene is in "care". He needs someone there 24 hours. John and Angela are going to fight to get him in a hospital in Panguitch but that probably won't be for at least 2 more weeks. "If he makes it that long". Their words not mine.

Bridgette has been a great help in getting me a hotel room for tonight (even though I can't sleep), stepping in and helping me with the swaps I am hostessing and getting Kristi a plane ticket to go home on Sunday so she can go back to school.

Please be patient with me. the last thing on my mind was to grab your packages to bring with me to mail. I am extremely sorry!!

My daughter will mail them when she gets home .

ANNA
familyscrapper Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:48:25 AM(UTC)
familyscrapper

Anna,

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself.
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:10:10 AM(UTC)
----------

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
My cards didnt make to Anna I think cause DC is still not poping up so I went ahead and re made the card a few night ago it took me 3 days to do it but I did it. I will be mailed them out tommoroow to everyone but can everyone PM your address so I can make sure i have the correct address I have a few of them from swaps in the past.. thanks Veronica
croppin4funn Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:15:41 AM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Anna, my prayers are with you and your family, Im so sorry.