Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cmw1819d1acfee Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:26:26 AM(UTC)
cmw1819d1acfee

Groups: Registered

I Have the Original Cricut and it doesn't have Center Point. How to get my machine to do center point?
stangermtp608458e7 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 10:40:38 AM(UTC)
stangermtp608458e7

Smile Hello,

I am a newbie also. When you find out how to arrive at the center of the 6 inch X 12 inch mat, please let me know also. I have had my cutter for almost a year and just now getting around to purchasing additional cartridges. They are so expensive. Smile

Edited by user Friday, December 16, 2011 10:41:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: miss spelling

GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 11:14:43 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 757 time(s) in 406 post(s)
I use Design Studio with mine, so I see it on the comp screen.

As far as carts, you can find them on Ebay and usually for under $20. I have bought carts there for as litter as $7. If you don't want to go the Ebay route, you could try Cricutmachine.com, cricutdepot.com, cricutexpress.com, cuttingbugs.com, hallmarkscrapbook.com, customcrops.com. I have purchased carts from all these sites and always for under $20. Right now I think cricutmachine.com has some carts for $14.95.

Good Luck!
GayleWheaton Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 3:21:49 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmw1819d1acfee Go to Quoted Post
I Have the Original Cricut and it doesn't have Center Point. How to get my machine to do center point?

The Original Cricut doesn't have a Centerpoint Feature. [P.S. that feature doesn't take you to the center of your mat - it cuts an image centered around where your image will cut out]

But here's how you can try to 'fudge it':
1) On a piece of scrap paper, make a '+' a bit down from the top and the right side. Put in the mat and use the directional arrows to go to the center of the '+' - now cut your image.
2) Remove the mat and take off the scrap and the image. Trim the scrap paper and tape it so that the '+' is attached to where the top of the image cut out. [The idea here is to have a record of where your blade began and exactly where the image was cut out]
3) Put your project paper on the mat. Place the scrap cutout where you want it to cut and then put another '+' where the scrap paper had it. Now load the mat and put the blade in the middle of the '+' and then press cut.

This method depends upon how closely you're able to duplicate the starting position of the blade. But it's a way to approximate the Centerpoint feature found on the Create & Expression...

Hope that helps! I had my Baby Bug for 2 years before I got my E and I figured out to 'fudge' several of the E features.....
Gayle
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 3:45:52 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19080 time(s) in 8526 post(s)
I would just download Cricut Craft Room {go to cricut.com and click on Craft Room}. It's a free design program and where ever you place you image on the virtual mat on your computer screen is where it will cut on your actual mat loaded in your Cricut.

Say you want to cut an image in the center of a 4x6 piece of paper.
Open CCR and put a rectangle on your mat, size it to 4x6. You will see a little + mark in the center of the image. Move that to the center of the mat You can actually use any of the grid marks on the mat, I just find it's easier to do it with the center and the center of the mat is rarely used so the adhesive is stronger there and the mat surface isn't nicked. That will show you where to place your paper on your mat.

Then, place the image you want to cut on the mat and move it so the + designating the center of that image is in the center of the mat.

Delete your rectangle or move it off the mat. Press cut and follow the prompts.

The photos show the 12x12 mat, but it works the same for the 6x12 mat.

If you don't want to use CCR for some reason, take a look at this video on the hinge method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzx1jOpWkw

Edited by user Sunday, February 05, 2012 3:57:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette attached the following image(s):
atest.jpg
atest.jpg
atest.jpg
atest.jpg