Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TH2011 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:43:51 AM(UTC)
TH2011

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was excited to receive this bundle!
I needed a laminator a couple of weeks ago and started looking and there it was.
I paid 19.95 on overstock as they matched another sites price. They refused to match the 12.99 price below... This bundle has the awesome paper trimmer too.
Of course once I saw the trimmer I had to go searching for blades like others had said....Scrapbook.com & Scrap mart.com carry the same style blade but is made for the American craft cutup trimmer.
I hesitate to order because of the ridiculously sky high shipping charges.
Both sites are 6 bucks and up. For a 3.99 product!!
I did a bit more shopping and found a couple more yourstory bundles on www.creativexpress.com for 12.99. Both sites offered no tax and free shipping.
Good deal except....with the very first use of the laminator I was concerned with the horrid burning smell!
Generally I know this can happen with new plastic products. So the question is does this smell go away with use?
If you have it and use it please let me know. Thanks for any help!
Dawn_112 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:05:42 PM(UTC)
Dawn_112

I got the same burning smell with mine yesterday when I used it for the first time. Hopefully a seasoned user will come here and tell us there's nothing to worry about and that it will go away BigGrin . My children left the room and complained that it made them nauseous.
NewfyMom Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:45:39 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Holy Cow. I don't know, mine had a smell but not bad and certainly not noxious fumes bad. Mine smells like a heating element but not crazy bad. Yikes. Good luck! Maybe call customer service, eh?
KBo Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 2:07:50 PM(UTC)
KBo

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Mine smells like that each time I turn it on. It is the same with our heat in the house. I was told it is the dust burning.
TH2011 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:29:20 AM(UTC)
TH2011

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
::::::Update:::::: I have used the laminator again and the burning smell I first smelled is noticeably absent. I assumed that's what would happen. It is plastic after all. Thanks for your replies much appreciated. I have also used a different brand of sheets and had the identical result as the your story sheets. In addition I have also made my own card stock covers. You tubers..thanksBigGrin! Versatility is a huge plus with this machine!