Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricutAngel Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
CricutAngel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hope someone can help me Now I know they say once you cut can't use to cut fondant but if you switch blade housing and mat to cut paper can you switch houseing and mat back to cake your not using same stuff. I'm thinking why not but need feedback. Thanks
Teresa Turner Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:40:08 AM(UTC)
Teresa Turner

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 114 post(s)
You CAN switch back and forth. They made the cake machines because people were using their cricut to cut fondant, gum paste, etc. It might not meet health codes if you were doing it and selling cakes, but for home use it won't hurt at all.
Debbie G Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:07:50 PM(UTC)
Debbie G

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)
yes mine cuts paper real well. However, as pointed out in other words. I would insist you use a different housing for each "purpose". Your blade will collect glue gunk and stuff as it cuts the paper projects and you don't want that blade touching your food products.
lisaaldiano Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:56:52 PM(UTC)
lisaaldiano

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Would I have to switch to a different blade housing if I was only going to cut paper with the cake mini? Or could I use the housing that came with the machine, but with a different mat? Need to know!
Doxieluv01 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:32:20 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
although it can cut paper if you are using it to cut food items you should not use it to cut both food and paper as the machine can leave little bits of paper in the machine and when you cut food the paper (which is not food safe). if you cut paper in the machine it will void your warranty.

If you choose to cut both items then you should switch blade housings
GraceBaxter Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2011 8:09:07 PM(UTC)
GraceBaxter

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I was told by a demonstrator at JoAnns that the machines are different in that Cricut Cake is all stainless steel inside (safe for food). But also, the Cake has only 2 rollers, one on each side to pull through the cake mat. The regular Cricut machines have four. I suppose if you did use the Cake for paper, you'd have to make sure your mat was good and sticky. Switching machines the other way, i.e., cutting icing sheets or gum paste in your regular machine would leave roller marks on your pieces. Plus, it's not very sanitary. The rollers do get dirty from your paper.
mommacas Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 9:20:20 PM(UTC)
mommacas

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So, the bottom line is that it will cut paper, but it voids the warranty? Is this correct? II realize you have to change your blades and clean it up between... but I really would mostly use it for paper, with the added benefit of getting to use it for fun cake stuff every now and then. It's so affordable. Even more so if it will do both jobs if need be. I do not have a Cricut yet, but my sister has the Expression and LOVES it. I do not have that kind of budget, so I thought this might be neat.