Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

utebandmom Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 8:58:25 AM(UTC)
utebandmom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Thank you to you and the kind ladies volunteering with you for the awesome Christmas cards we received in our care package here in northern Afghanistan. They are so amazing and CUTE!!!! I can't believe the time and effort put in to make each one. We have already been using them to mail cards to family, friends and new friends like you all.

You have a card or two on the way as well, but it may take a month to get there. Letters take forever but packages are quick.

We work in a multi-national environment, so the non-Americans were especially thankful for the cards. They can't believe how much Americans love the troops! Thank you!!! We still have plenty to go around. We try to use our free time at night to write back home. Sometimes we're very tired at the end of a 14 hour day. We thankfully are not on combat patrol. We have staff jobs, however, we're still away from home and your cards are a great way to connect. I also plan to use some to write cards to my co-workers here that don't get any attention.

Thank you for being a Mom who cares. I know you know too well what it means to be a mom and receive a card from your kid.

I'm attaching a pic with me and some of our team and your cards. If ever the ladies get back together to make more cards after Christmas, we'd love them.

Very respectfully,

Lieutenant Junior Grade Cheryl Collins
Regional Command North Public Affairs
International Security Assistance Force
 1 user thanked utebandmom for this useful post.
dml on 12/4/2011(UTC)
Alingra Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:24:32 PM(UTC)
Alingra

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Thank you so much for taking the time to pass this note on to us. It made my day as they always do. It's not that I need to be thanked but I guess I like the connection with the receiver. It makes every card worthwhile. Merry Christmas!!
housefullofrotties Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:13:05 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Thanks for sharing the great letter!

Jess