Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 10:55:38 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
I am in the process of tossing stuff I don't use anymore. Any suggestions on what I should do with my old rubber stamps mounted on the wooden blocks? Not interested in selling them on Ebay or Craigs List not do I like doing garage sales. Confused
okie_ladybug Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 10:59:24 PM(UTC)
okie_ladybug

Was thanked: 3347 time(s) in 1125 post(s)
You might check with a local adult daycare facility, nursing home, school, etc to see if they are interested. And if all else fails pull them off the wooden blocks and send them to me! HAHAHAHA
SumMama Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:42:41 AM(UTC)
SumMama

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 53 post(s)
I recently just un mounted all my woodden blocked stamps. It clears up SO SO SO SO much space. I forget about my stamps often but when I take the time to look I find some fun stuff. Laugh
SAR Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:45:55 AM(UTC)
SAR

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
If you really want to get rid of them, I would donate to a non-profit. I like to give to Boys and Girls Club and have taken lots of my "extra" scrap stuff there.
♪MMcKinney♫ Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:50:38 AM(UTC)
♪MMcKinney♫

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I would like to know how to unmount them from the wooden blocks. I have a ton of them as well but I don't want to get rid of them, I would love to have the extra space. Confused
ylrosebud270 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:52:21 AM(UTC)
ylrosebud270

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
♪LilBug♫ wrote:
I would like to know how to unmount them from the wooden blocks. I have a ton of them as well but I don't want to get rid of them, I would love to have the extra space. Confused

Me too.
okie_ladybug Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:08:53 AM(UTC)
okie_ladybug

Was thanked: 3347 time(s) in 1125 post(s)
Here is a link to where I show how I did some of mine. I am now using a different method. Greenbean has the link on a youtube video on it is done with the thin foam I am using now.

UNMOUNTING STAMPS
 1 user thanked okie_ladybug for this useful post.
♪MMcKinney♫ on 9/18/2010(UTC)
Alecia Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:31:09 AM(UTC)
Alecia

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 5 post(s)
About two years ago I got rid of a huge box of wood mounted stamps because I didn't have space!

Then I found out how to unmount them and put them in CD cases!! I love the space I save now but wish I would have found out about it earlier!
ladybugstamper Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:45:27 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 493 time(s) in 250 post(s)
I unmounted my collection of rubber stamps were wood mounted mostly from Stampin' Up! and other big name companies, some were foam mounted. I've been collecting rubber stamps since 1995. I unmounted as many stamps as I could about 5 years ago. I haven't bought stamps from anyone in 5 years, but I have a little over 7,000 images so it's not like I need to buy stamps.

Anyway, I just peeled the die right off the foam or wood. No microwave or anything, 90% just peeled off, it's a wonder they didn't just fall off. A few from weird random companies had to go in the microwave to loosen the glue. One was so thin that I would have torn the rubber in the process so it stays on the wood block. I have placed all my unmounteds on plastic sheets (from sheet protectors) using Aileen's Tack it Over and Over. I use clear blocks and no cushion. I use cushion under the paper when I stamp. By cushion I mean a magazine or a few sheets of paper under the piece I'm stamping on.

I like the idea of the CD style, each set or several of a theme in a little CD case. However, that meant buying the CD cases which was money I could use for cartridges. So instead, I put 2 pieces of WM card stock inside a document protector sheet, also from WM. Used my big paper cutter to cut the card stock and document protector sheet to fit inside a sandwich bag. I stapled the corners because the plastic and paper were flapping. Then I stuck the stamps on the document protector sheet, and slipped it into the sandwich bag. These little bags of stamps are stored in plastic shoe boxes, no lids, and I made little index tabs to find the images. Like Birthday, Christmas, etc. I use 9 shoe boxes to hold all my images now instead of 7 multi drawer tall Iris carts like I used to do, this method saves so much room.

Hope this helps. There are photos on my blog, I can't figure out how to include pictures yet

http://ladybugstamperscr...nted-storage-system.html
 3 users thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
AngelaMcLean1 on 9/18/2010(UTC), SAR on 9/18/2010(UTC), ♪MMcKinney♫ on 9/18/2010(UTC)
JuliaG Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:48:30 AM(UTC)
JuliaG

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I followed Okie's advice and unmounted all of mine and now store them in CD cases (see link from Okie above). It took a long time because I had so many, but oh my gosh do I have room in my scrap haven now!
ScrapperinVT Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:57:05 AM(UTC)
ScrapperinVT

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Most Girl Scout troops would love the donation, too!
grammasue Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:06:58 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Thanks ladies for all your help. I do have someone that would like to have them so will see what she wants and donate the rest.BigGrin