Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#211 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:29:49 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
PM'ed you my vote ... it was so hard to get it down to three ... I would get down to 6, and then realize I had to consider THAT one, too, ... okay, I'm at 10, got to say "no" to a few of these ... TOOOO-NEEEEE, I need your help! (Yelling to DH in another room.) No, dear, don't vote for that awful one ... yes dear, it's mine ...

Well it took an hour but he got it down to four, and I had three that he didn't like that I put in and took out one of his faves, ... That made it six, and from there, I just had to be hard-hearted, and so I eliminated all but three, and voted.

I think they were all beautiful in their own way. There wasn't one that I looked at and said, Yuck, somebody's worse than mine ... I have certainly learned a lot in the past three days.

My church obligations are over for the rest of the month, and my clothes are back in the closet hanging up (oh, didn't I mention that while I was in Houston my closet pole and shelf, with all my clothes and boxes, fell off the wall and were piled in a huge heap on the floor? and we didn't open the closet until Monday, even though we got home Saturday evening?) so all I have to do now is ... I'm not going there. My to-do list is 4 1/2 pages long and growingBlushing

Edited by user Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:30:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sharla Offline
#212 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 1:27:50 PM(UTC)
Sharla

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I can't wait to get mine!!!!! I am so excited for these!! And I need to start thinking of ideas for the ones due in March. Cool
Dawn W Offline
#213 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 2:32:06 PM(UTC)
Dawn W

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I've gone through them and they are all great. I have about 4 or 5 favorites. So I will get you my votes shortly.
SherryNicholson Offline
#214 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:36:25 AM(UTC)
SherryNicholson

Location: Beautiful State of South Carolina / MQ page 7 post 169

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I received my card fronts. I love them all! Great job ladies!! It was hard to decide on 3 but I just had to play an elimination game and just not look back because they were all terrific! Thanks and a special THANKS to Teri for hosting this swap!!
GypsyRoe Offline
#215 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:49:20 AM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
I just had time to open my box and these card tops are fantastic.......great job everyone!!!

It's going to be so hard to pick threeWink

Good luck ladies!
Dawn W Offline
#216 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:47:32 PM(UTC)
Dawn W

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I pm'd my vote.
Terri Leader Offline
#217 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 4:58:26 AM(UTC)
Terri Leader

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Hi all, I have to go through the list again to see if I'm I'm missing any votes, prizes are packed up so I will announce winners on Sunday, mail on Monday. Can anyone post a picture of them all, I got an error message when I tried.

I'm mailing out one set to you Judy, today, I'll send the other down south. After all the talk, it has to be killing you. Still won't cash your check until you get both swaps.

I'm hoping Sharla gets hers either today or tomorrow,

I've been involved in another swap that I'm having a hard time doing, I never did a layout swap and that is the reason why I bought my E almost 2 years ago. Boy have I gone through the paper. IT's due on Monday the 15th.

DH decided to post our Silver coins on Ebay, (that's me doing the work of course) but I have to share this, are you sitting down, we sold 127 dimes, that's $12.70 US money, It sold for $243.00, but after the fees and all, we pocketed around 225.00. But that's just one sale, so far, $1,168 in sales. Makes me a nervous wreck watching the bidding. If you go on ebay, our selling name is jimteril, don't worry, won't sell the swap stuff,lol.

MamaC2 Offline
#218 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 6:11:35 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Here is a picture of all the card fronts. They are not in any order.

Again, thank you for such a delightful swap! The cards are all beautiful!

Edited...
OOPPS!! Little BugHead says, "I'm sorry, I left one out!"

Edited by user Friday, November 12, 2010 6:20:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MamaC2 attached the following image(s):
Challenge cards.jpg
Challenge cards 2.jpg
Terri Leader Offline
#219 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 6:40:04 AM(UTC)
Terri Leader

thank you MamaC, thank you thank you thank you. keep your camera handy.
MamaC2 Offline
#220 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 7:28:41 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Terri Leader wrote:
thank you MamaC, thank you thank you thank you. keep your camera handy.

You are welcome! Camera is ready!BigGrin
#221 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 9:19:23 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Looks like several of us like that butterfly from Gypsy Wanderings!... Aren't they all beautiful in their own way? I couldn't be happier, and now I can't wait for the Christmas card fronts and the card front swap due March 1st (golly Terri, that's ... four months away! I don't think I can stand the suspense!).

Good luck to all who participated, but I think we are all winners ... Look at that pile of loot!!

MamaC - what did you make our little goodie out of, and how? I've never seen anything like it! Love it, to, thanks so much! (again!)

Cathy W
MamaC2 Offline
#222 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 3:47:19 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

NotGoingGreyGracefully wrote:
Looks like several of us like that butterfly from Gypsy Wanderings!... Aren't they all beautiful in their own way? I couldn't be happier, and now I can't wait for the Christmas card fronts and the card front swap due March 1st (golly Terri, that's ... four months away! I don't think I can stand the suspense!).

Good luck to all who participated, but I think we are all winners ... Look at that pile of loot!!

MamaC - what did you make our little goodie out of, and how? I've never seen anything like it! Love it, to, thanks so much! (again!)

Cathy W

Our little BugHead is made from cardboard, cardstock, and UTEE! I cut the little BugHead from Potpourri Basket Bonus from green and white cardstock and then one from cardboard for the base.

I glued everything together. Put a little green dot for the eye. Then sprinkled with UTEE and heat embossed about 3 or 4 times.

I usually add a pin back, but that would have made my package too bulky. So, if you make jewelry and have a pin back handy, you can put one on the back and have a lovely piece of jewelry!BigGrin
 2 users thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
Terri Leader on 11/14/2010(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 11/14/2010(UTC)
Terri Leader Offline
#223 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
Terri Leader

thanks mamac for the directions, I love it.

I'm missing 3 voters, (or I could have accidentaly deleted the message)plus big h is going to get hers tomorrow and hopefully sharla will have them tomorrow. I have to give two more days for winners to be listed.
 1 user thanked Terri Leader for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 11/14/2010(UTC)
Terri Leader Offline
#224 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:21:22 AM(UTC)
Terri Leader

Still missing 3 voters, sharla's, she in Canada, hoping she gets them soon, can't find Betsyboo on the MB, she had her cards in before the switch over and never checked in, and then BigHouseRn's, I sent her a set so maybe she'll vote today. I can't even be the tie breaker, I didn't count my votes yet just incase of a tie because I pick the same ones. Does anyone mind waiting for sharla and Big to vote?

We do have one winner that noone can catch up with, but no fair to list her until other votes are in.

Eskana Offline
#225 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:56:06 AM(UTC)
Eskana

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I'm ok with waiting for them.
MamaC2 Offline
#226 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:04:34 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

I don't mind waiting!
#227 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:21:29 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

I'll wait, Terri. I think we are all winners, we each got 25 absolutely beautiful card fronts, and only had to design one!

I think BestyBoo has gone into hiding. I sent her the cuts she requested on the September Cuts RAK, and never heard back whether or not she got them. I posted on that thread and this one, PM'ed and emailed her and never heard a word... Hope she's okayConfused ...

Card front #1 for the Christmas card front is done and ready, card front #2 is cut and layering and ready to get glammed up ... and the cards for the card exchange are designed and cut. I've got a ton of stuff to go postal tomorrow or Thursday, because Saturday we leave for Thanksgiving in AZ with the dreaded in-laws ... and I won't be back until next month!! So one of the million things I have to do is go by the cell phone place and get my email (and hopefully web access as well) set up on my cell phone so I can keep in touch for the rest of the month. I may go into cricut withdrawal!!
BighouseRN Offline
#228 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:40:07 PM(UTC)
BighouseRN

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
sorry Terri and company... haven't been on line lately and forgot about the voting... I'll get you a PM Terri tonight before bed...

Great job everybody!
#229 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 7:33:26 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Saw a post by BetsyBoo last night, she has been unable to access the boards for almost two months!! Poor thing, I know I'd have Cricut Withdrawal Syndrome (CWS). As a matter of fact, I may suffer from it myself come the end of the month.

I am going to Arizona for Thanksgiving with my in-laws, and we will be going up into the mountains for Thanksgiving proper. St. David and Show Low both have very poor cell signals, so I may not even be able to check my Yahoo email, which I finally got set up on my phone yesterday. The addy is
<cathyweitekamp@yahoo.com>

Please use only in emergency, as I will not be able to check in often. BTW, posting the winner DOES constitute an emergency!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, and you are all on my list of things to be thankful for!!

NGGG aka Cathy W
Terri Leader Offline
#230 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:49:26 AM(UTC)
Terri Leader

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

First of all, thank you MAMAC our photo lady. Keep the camera ready for the other swap PLEASE.

This was hard for everyone but it was fun I have to say. Top vote getters are:

# 19 - Gypsyrose

# 4 - Heart2hand

Tied for 3 place Eskana and Jenniferchock

It was very hard on some people to list a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place so I had to add up the votes,

Ladies, I will be sending you a PM with your DC# for the prizes coming your way. They will be put into the mail on Monday.

congrat's to everyone else, EVERYONE DID GET VOTES
Lady Bug Fever Offline
#231 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 11:00:20 AM(UTC)
Lady Bug Fever

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Wub Congrats to the winners.

All of the cards were great. I know I had a hard time narrowing down the selection.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday with their loved ones.Wub
Heart2hand Offline
#232 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:08:27 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
OMG.....I actually WON something....I NEVER win anything....LAdies you have made my day...THANK YOU TONS.....what an honor...I feel soo blessed...

Terri...thank you for the prize as well....whatever it may be...I will be honored...

MEGA Hugs to you all
rhonda
BetsyBoo Offline
#233 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 6:37:14 PM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Finally I am back and alive. When the boards changed, somehow I was unable to access the new one, then school started, I was the director of the 6th/7th grade fall play at my school with 85 little ones needing daily attention. The play ended last weekend and this past week I have had time to finally get to things I enjoy, my cricut and the boards, I was able to call provo craft and now I am back!!! The cards are beautiful, I love to just look at them all.

Looking forward to the next round.

Betsy
#234 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:37:15 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

OMGoodness, some poor fool voted for mine???? I talked to Terri today; she is as much fun inperson as ahe is on the board - more so, if possible. DH and I both put gypsyrose in our top 4 pile, and disaggreed a little after that, but I still say we all won - 25 beautiful, different card fronts!!

Terri, I have tried twice to email your yahoo account, and twice they have bounced back. I tried a friend back home - I'm in a motel in Deming, NM - and I set to her and she sent back to me with no trouble, so I must have entered your email addy dislexic or something. I guess I will have to call with my DC# when I send out my christmas card fronts. From the in-laws' I can walk to the St. David, AZ Post Office. Yes, St. David is that small ...

Congrats to all who won. It was all DH and I could do to narrow it down to three, let alone rank them. I thought they were all marvelous, and I have learned a great deal from my Cricut sisters. Thank you, too!
Lynne Offline
#235 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 6:37:27 AM(UTC)
Lynne

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
congrats to all the winners!!

This was a very nice swap ladies!!

Terri..I got the other one yesterday, thank you.

I am unsubcribing to this thread now..it was so nice to have a great swap!!
Eskana Offline
#236 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:11:25 AM(UTC)
Eskana

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Congrats to all the winners! It was so hard to choose just 3 out of all the beautiful creations. My BFF was over last night and kept commenting on how pretty they all were. I am looking forward to the next round!
SherryNicholson Offline
#237 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:22:16 PM(UTC)
SherryNicholson

Location: Beautiful State of South Carolina / MQ page 7 post 169

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Congratulations ladies for a much deserved win! They were all great and I am looking forward to the next card swap. LOL
Terri Leader Offline
#238 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 4:57:23 PM(UTC)
Terri Leader

Unseasonably high temperatures in the Chicago area are being accompanied by severe weather warnings.

The National Weather Service has issued warnings for severe thunderstorms and flash floods, as well as a tornado watch.

The weather is affecting service on several Metra lines, causing some trains to travel at slower speeds, thereby operating behind schedule.

The flash flood warning was in effect until 10 p.m. for Cook County, according to the weather service.

At 4:06 p.m. weather service Doppler Radar indicated slow-moving thunderstorms across the area, with a line of storms producing heavy rainfall approaching the area. Rainfall rates with the initial area of storms was about half an inch per hour, but the next line was producing rainfall rates of more than one inch per hour, according to the weather service.

Runoff from the excessive rainfall will cause flash flooding, according to the weather service. Some locations that could experience flooding are: Arlington Heights, Barrington, Brookfield, Chicago, Cicero, Des Plaines, Evanston, Forest Park, Hoffman Estates, Lansing, Lemont and Lyons.

There was also a severe thunderstorm warning in effect until 5 p.m. for Cook, DuPage, Kendall, southeastern Kane, southeastern Lake and western Will counties, according to the weather service.

At 4:04 p.m. weather service radar indicated a line of severe storms capable of producing quarter-sized hail and damaging winds in excess of 60 mph, extending from Schaumburg to Ottawa and moving east at 45 mph. These were expected to affect northern and northwest suburban areas.

A tornado watch was also issued until 6 p.m. The weather service warns that severe thunderstorms can produce damaging winds, in excess of 60 mph, with very heavy rain, large hail and deadly lightning.

Motorists are urged not to drive into areas where water covers the road.

The weather roller coaster began before the rains came and will last through the Thanksgiving holiday period, according to the weather service. Monday's high temperature reached 66 degrees at 4 p.m., just shy of 1913's record high temperature of 69 degrees.

But the warmth won't last for long with Tuesday's high expected to reach just 41 degrees with the night's temperature expected at 29 degrees.

By Thanksgiving Thursday, the Chicago area will see a 40 percent chance of snow and a high of 44 degrees with a blustery low of 21 degrees on Thursday night, the weather service said.

I copied at pasted the above from the home page of yahoo
Prizes were not mailed today, at 3:30 when I was about to go to post office the rain came down in buckets, and it hasn't stopped. I'm pushing this weather to the EAST so watch out girls.

thanks,

Edited by user Monday, November 22, 2010 4:58:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sharla Offline
#239 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 5:09:24 PM(UTC)
Sharla

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Holy Cow!!! Keep safe Teri!! I keep hoping the mail lady will bring my package every time she comes but no luck yet!! I looked at the picture though, and they all look awesome!! I really liked mine until I saw what the talented ladies in this swap put together ... Wow!!!
Terri Leader Offline
#240 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 6:17:15 PM(UTC)
Terri Leader

Sharla wrote:
Holy Cow!!! Keep safe Teri!! I keep hoping the mail lady will bring my package every time she comes but no luck yet!! I looked at the picture though, and they all look awesome!! I really liked mine until I saw what the talented ladies in this swap put together ... Wow!!!

you haven't gotten yours yet?