Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CaseCo Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:46:15 PM(UTC)
CaseCo

Groups: Registered

Hi yall,

I'm brand new to knifty knitting, but I have started making a scarf on the 14 inch rectangular loom. I would really like to turn it into an infinity scarf, the one that is basically a big circle that you can loop around your neck, but I don't know how. I'm actually not even sure how to add the second skein of yarn to the first once I run out, which will happen because I am using a thicker wool yarn that will require using 2 skeins to complete a scarf.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO COMPLETE AN INFINITY SCARF AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

Thanks BigGrin

Casey
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:07:40 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Hi Casey,
I'm not familiar with all the looms but to start a new skein of yarn, to create stripes or use new color of yarn I find the end of my yarn and tie on the new yarn. I suggest that you put the two ends parallel to one another and then do a simple knot. I have found that when you do a square knot (like shoelaces) sometimes it pulls apart. Maybe others have different suggestions. I trim my ends and tuck them out of view.

To make the infinity loop I use my yarn needle and sew the beginning and end together. Hope that helps.

Hope that helps. BigGrin