Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

starcommander Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:30:38 AM(UTC)
starcommander

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I was working on some t-shirts yesterday and my black ink was probably just a tad old. Normally, I rinse and dry my screens in between each shirt, but today I thought "hmm I can work fast and screen them all at the same time"! Not so!! The black ink dried into the screen and I thought I was doomed. I scrubbed and scrubbed and couldn't get all of it out with warm soapy water. I tried gentle laundry detergent, I tried non-acetone nail polish remover, I tried vinegar, I tried milk (an internet suggestion??), to no avail. I then tried hairspray, that removed a little, but then I tried another specific brand of hairspray and YEAH!! it worked!! The ink melted right out of the screen. My screen looks good as new. I wasn't sure if it was "politically correct" to post the brand of hairspray on here, so if anyone wants to know the brand I will send it to you in a private message.
Thanks!
Patty
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:27:51 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I post brands all the time. Fess up!! We talk about Magic Eraser and Speedball and Jaquard all the time. I think Hairspray is the least of our worries.

I am so happy for you that you got it off. I was going to say I NEVER wash between shirts. I even had mine at a huge church event and it was out with ink for about an hour. Maybe I rinsed it once. But we had a line of people so we were using it a lot.

Congrats on getting it back to new........now spill the beans!! BigGrin
starcommander Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
starcommander

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Okay okay....just didn't want to get into any trouble with the messageboard police Flapper!!
It is the Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray in the purple aerosol can. I sprayed it on, scrubbed it gently with a soft sponge, and then rinsed with warm water. I then washed the screen with dish detergent and warm water to get all the hairspray out. Looks good as new now!!
Hope you never have to use it, but it worked for me!!
Thanks!!
Patty
 1 user thanked starcommander for this useful post.
NewfyMom on 12/30/2011(UTC)