Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~tallulah~ Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 2:59:31 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
ok i followed the tut on sassy's blog. here are the questions i have before i cut this:

do i want two of the welded shape so the inside and outside are different colors?

do i have to have two of the welded shapes and flip them OR can't i just do two cuts of the welded shape, put one on top of the other and glue?

and finally i am welding a phrase to a part of the shape. do i want that on both cuts or just one? or is it personal preference and makes no difference?

thanks!!!!

~tallulah~ Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:20:53 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

anyone?? sassy? southernbellescrapper???
Deanna M Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:33:37 PM(UTC)
Deanna M

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Kimmie, I will see if I can answer your questions. In looking at Sassy's tutorial if you look at the picture of the Gypsy screen, it looks as if the top images are welded and are cut from yellow. the pumpkins below it are not welded and cut in orange and green for the tops. The orange pumpkins are adhered to the yellow welded shaped card.

In Sassy's example the yellow pumpkins are welded and there is no face on them. The orange pumpkins aren't welded but the face is welded to the right hand pumpkin.

As for the boo, each letter was welded to each other but not welded to the circle. Hope this helps some.
TheBugBytes Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:11:00 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
kimmie wrote:
ok i followed the tut on sassy's blog. here are the questions i have before i cut this:

do i want two of the welded shape so the inside and outside are different colors?

do i have to have two of the welded shapes and flip them OR can't i just do two cuts of the welded shape, put one on top of the other and glue?

and finally i am welding a phrase to a part of the shape. do i want that on both cuts or just one? or is it personal preference and makes no difference?

thanks!!!!

Here is how I do it.
1) first question usually I use the shadowed option if available for the welded shapes and then I cut one layer of inside shapes - unwelded. The insides can be layered too again depending on shape . This is usually and as I said depends on the look I am going for.
If the shape does not have shadowed feature and I want quarter inch margin I can get a nearest approximation by unlinking the golden chain and playing with the width and height

2) flip - yes definitely flip for even if the shape looks symmetrical like a circle it usually is not. If you have observed the cricut does not cut the perfect circle.So yes I would flip and obviously if the shape is unsymmetrical then you flip because when you fold you want them to coincide

3)whenever you weld something to another check with preview . And yes this is personal preference.

You will want the focal point to be the brightest and rest popped up a bit but still in the background without being boring. So depending on this you first design and then check with the paper's you are using and then choose how you layer and weld and pop up a shape.
Hope that helps my dear.I am sure sassy will clarify the rest when she comes on
SassyLady Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:59:42 PM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
kimmie wrote:

thanks!!!!

Well I sure am glad that you ladies cleared this up for Kimmie. DeannaMoulder your answer is correct for this particular situation. This was just a simple card and I was trying to give you the least amount of steps possible to product a card. I will revisit the shape card next week using a shadow like Pam explained in hers as she offered a different method that you need to learn too. How exciting that we are learning these basic steps as our skills will only continue to grow. Thanks for asking and I will address this next week in a video.
~tallulah~ Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:00:00 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

thanks for the answers. i'm getting ready to go back to church for a wedding in about an hour and am not going to start cutting this yet. when i get home i will cut it and then take a pic and show you what it does.

i have the baby carriage from mother's day 2010 cart. there are two on there and while i don't think it is a shadow it doesn't have the same intricate design as the first.

anyway, i flipped the plainer one to use for the back, then welded them. then i welded *welcome baby* (with a rubber ducky in the middle of the words) to the back image (in the opening).

i want the inside a different color than the outside. so i copy/pasted to get a second image. then i deleted the *welcome baby* from the copied image. this one will go on the outside. so why would i have to flip the second image since it's exactly the same? i'm thinking i should be able to glue them together, the back on top of the other and then fold. wouldn't that give me what i want?

say the back is blue and the front pink. if i put the blue image on top and glue it to the pink, then fold them i should have a pink carriage then i open it and there is blue on the inside...right? what am i not getting that is the reason for flipping the back image?

Edited by user Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:01:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Southernbellescrapper Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:19:04 PM(UTC)
Southernbellescrapper

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Can't wait to see your shaped card!!! Sorry I missed this post earlier today, but glad the other 'gypsy goddesses' came to the rescue! BigGrin
~tallulah~ Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:51:56 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

so this didn't turn out at all. lol

i realized why i had to flip the *front* of the card...because unless i use double-sided paper my front is on the wrong side.

the other thing is that i used two different images and even though they matched up for me to glue them together when i folded them they didn't match up and it looked weird.

here are the pix:

so i've redesigned it and am using the same image, cutting out the heart on the inside so it's a true window card and will try cutting it again tomorrow. lol

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2010 9:52:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:32:00 AM(UTC)
~tallulah~

btt
SassyLady Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:07:57 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Talulah,

You picked a very hard shape for your first shape card and you are using two different size shapes which is one of the reasons you are having such a difficult time. I don't know if I can explain this in a few short words but lets give this a try. First you are doing the right thing you are trying and trying so you will get it.

You are using the shadow which is what I would use for the base. Make the complete card using the shadow flipping it as you learned. Then use the carriage as 2 seperate pieces to be attatched as a layer on the yellow base. I think you will find it a lot easier that way. See the photo I attatched; the snail is the shadow and the snail is the regular piece, just make 2 copies, 1 for each layer and flipping 1 so it fits each side of your base.

I am doing shape cards again this Saturday morning complete with three videos that will take you step by step, unfortunately it won't help you in time for this one. PM me for more details if you don't understand.
~tallulah~ Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:11:07 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

well it's getting better! lol. and i know what you mean about it being a hard shape to start with. those thin little spokes are horrible to cut and glue.

so what you're saying is the base (or inside) should be the shadow BOTH sides of it. then the front should be the thinner version. makes sense. and i have a few months to get this right...it's for a baby shower i know is coming.

but for the challenge tomorrow and the 1 hour daily challenge today THIS is mine.

i'm not too proud of it. i know it could be (and will be) better but i am glad i am sticking it out and learning little things as i go. lol

thanks for your continued help and i will be glad to see what the videos on saturday will show me.

here is a pic of it which i am posting in the challenge threads today.

SassyLady Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:17:24 PM(UTC)
SassyLady

~talulah~ wrote:
well it's getting better! lol. and i know what you mean about it being a hard shape to start with. those thin little spokes are horrible to cut and glue.

so what you're saying is the base (or inside) should be the shadow BOTH sides of it. then the front should be the thinner version. makes sense. and i have a few months to get this right...it's for a baby shower i know is coming.

but for the challenge tomorrow and the 1 hour daily challenge today THIS is mine.

i'm not too proud of it. i know it could be (and will be) better but i am glad i am sticking it out and learning little things as i go. lol

thanks for your continued help and i will be glad to see what the videos on saturday will show me.

here is a pic of it which i am posting in the challenge threads today.

I am so proud of you! This is what it takes and I am azazed at the delicate cut ou chose. TENACITY is what you have and you will be sucessful in getting this buggy done. IT IS GORGEOUS!