Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
CricutCrazy Online
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:40:07 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 698 post(s)
HELLO PIN CUSHION LOVERS !!

Here are the rules for this FIFTH round of PINCUSHIONS & STICK PINS.

I will keep this enrollment open until Weds Jan.11th at midnight. I will post partners on Thursday Jan. 12th . You will then have until [u]Weds, Feb. 1st to make your item and mail it. ~

1. Craft a pin cushion using the same / similar techiniques as the tea-cup items.. TEACUPS or COFFEE MUGS ARE OPTIONAL.... There are hundreds of items that can be used for a pin cushion, but if you need ideas, just ask. Lots of people here have some great ideas... You MUST use some styrofoam covered with batting and then fabric. So, if your base item is not round, then you will have to custom cut a piece of styrofoam to fit your vessel. Be sure your vessel is deep enough to support the length and weight of the stick pins.

2. I am requesting that this cushion be made in aVALENTINES or MARDIS GRAS or St.PATTY'S DAY theme. Check to see which your partner would prefer.

3. There should be at least 4 stick pins added to your pin cushion and they must be at least 2 1/2 inches long - preferably use the 3" or 4" FLoral Stick pins found at JoAnns and other craft stores. There should be at least one stick pin with a CRICUT CUT on it, or a CRICUT CUT should be on your base container. LONGER stick pins are found in the FLORAL SUPPLIES of most craft stores. I have also bought some on ebay and online at JoAnn.com . A local FLORIST may even sell you some.

4. Please use a variety of beads, ribbons, stickers, or whatever your creative mind desires...make your creation unique and pretty ! Remember that your partner should be proud to display your handiwork on her desk or table. I request that you do NOT use plastic beads...and PLEASE USE A GOOD QUALITY GLUE. Some people complain that their embellishments fall off due to people not buying good glue. If you are unsure of what to get, there are people in craft stores who will help, and also you can ask for help on the thread from your fellow members. Personally, I find that SCOTCH BRAND 3M Quick Dry adhesive works well for most surfaces. I also HOT GLUE some items, depending on the surfaces. If you are gluing metal , please buy the right kind of adhesive for metals.

5. You are responsible for obtaining your partner's addy through a PM. You will mail your item directly to her and please be sure to pack breakable items securely. We don't want them to arrive broken.

6. After you have mailed your item, Please post your DC# on this thread for all to see. Then, please post a photo of your item here for all to enjoy as well .

7. FLAKERS will not be tolerated. Please don't join if you have no intentions of following through.
If you have ever flaked on one of these MB SWAPS you won't be allowed to join.

8. Keep in touch with your partner and fellow pin cushion fans through this thread...AT LEAST WEEKLY.

9. WHen you sign up, please send me your contact info with your name, addy, email and a phone number through a PM.

10. Once enrollment closes, check in to see who your partner is ASAP !! then contact her through a PM.

THIS CAN BE LOADS OF FUN.... and VERY LOW STRESS - Oh - and ONE MORE THING....If we get enough people to join then we will be having contests that you will vote on for prizes !

FIRST PRIZE WILL BE A SERENADE CRICUT CARTRIDGE - DONATED BY KAUI MELODY !!! MANY THANKS TO MELODY for her generous donation !

Love Love
I get no freebies from Provocraft or any other manufacturer and I do not add my name to the prize drawings.

Okay - Who wants to join us ??

OKAY LADIES !! Please PM your partner as soon as you can and exchange contact info, as well as letting each other know what type of pin cushion you would like to have ! Please post on the thread within the next 48 hours and once per week until the SWAP is over... Please contact me if you are having any problems at all with this SWAP & have fun !
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MEMBER ............................Addy............ PARTNER ........... Mailed.......................Rec'd

1. Cricut Crazy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............NatalaieSheeran Love mailed, received & posted
2. terig #1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ........CathyG421
3. NatalieSheeran>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ...........CricutCrazy Love mailed received & posted
4. CathyG421>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............ TeriG
5. KauiMelody>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............SharonChatterton - mailed, received
6. SharonChatterton>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............KauiMelody Love -mailed recived & posted
7. JewelsX19>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............ TeriG
8. TeriG#2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ThumpUp ............. JewelsX19

Edited by user Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:47:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add names

terig Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:24:27 PM(UTC)
terig

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
BigGrin Please include me in your Swap. This is my first time at participating, but the previous themes looked like a lot of fun. Teri in San Jose
 1 user thanked terig for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/7/2012(UTC)
NatalieSheeran Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:52:45 AM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
i would love to join, too. this will be my first pin cushion swap, too. but the prior threads look fun and i love the creations everyone has come up with. thanks for hosting again!
 1 user thanked NatalieSheeran for this useful post.
CathyG421 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:51:30 AM(UTC)
CathyG421

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
First time pin-cushion swapping, but this looks super cute so sign me up please!

Happy crafting everyone!

Thanks for the oppurtunity!

CathyBigGrin
 1 user thanked CathyG421 for this useful post.
KauaiMelody Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:52:07 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2042 time(s) in 935 post(s)
Hi Barb, happy to see your new swap and would love to join in. What a gracious thank you for the cart donation. You are so generous with your prizes and thought it only fitting to send you my extra.
 1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
Cloud9 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:43:04 PM(UTC)
Cloud9

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Please count me I so need an altered pin cushion! I'm lovin your themes. This also will be my first time joining this pin cushion swap and I must also mention that I am from Canada just in case one has issues with mailing to Canada.
 1 user thanked Cloud9 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Online
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:17:10 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

WELCOME LADIES !!
Terig - thank you for sending your contact info....

Melody, as always, it is great to hear from you and thanks once again for the "SWAP CANDY" !!

CathyG, NatalieSheeran, and Cloud9 , please PM your contact info as soon as you can. I cannot pair you with a partner without this info. It is an effort to cut down on "flakers" (unfortunate that we have those occasionally) . I will keep this info confidential. Once I have you on file in my book you will not have to send it again unless you move to a new addy - please send first & last name, addy, phone#, and email address. Cloud9, Canadian members are always welcome .... Maybe we can get more of you involved ! My last partner was from SOuth Africa and she was awesome... postage was not too bad, considering the wonderful items I received from her and the new friendship we have now.

I am looking forward to this new SWAP ! Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance. I will always try to be of help. SOmetimes I forget things, but that is unintentional, so bear with me. I don't mind getting a reminder about things.

Have fun with the project and getting to know your Cricut "sister"

NatalieSheeran Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 5:19:00 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

I pm'd info.

Looking forward to creating a pin cushion as this is new territory for me
SharonChatterton1 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 2:26:03 PM(UTC)
SharonChatterton1

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Sign me up. This will be my first pin cushion so it will be interesting!
 1 user thanked SharonChatterton1 for this useful post.
Jewelsx19 Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 3:05:44 PM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Please Sign me up!!! I have wanted a Pin Cushion for a while now :)

1 user thanked Jewelsx19 for this useful post.
purpleluvnscrapper Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 3:16:36 PM(UTC)
purpleluvnscrapper

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 599 time(s) in 307 post(s)
Am thinking about this one!!!! I LOVED the Fall/Halloween and the Christmas swaps--you are a awesome host!! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked purpleluvnscrapper for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Online
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:44:29 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: purpleluvnscrapper Go to Quoted Post
Am thinking about this one!!!! I LOVED the Fall/Halloween and the Christmas swaps--you are a awesome host!! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Awwwwwwwwwww Purple...how sweet ! thanks so much for the compliments, and you KNOW that you HAVE to do this !! BigGrin I have faith in your decision...so much that I already added your name LOL Love

Ladies - I need TWO RED BLOODED AMERICAN GALS who are willing to pay a little more postage and trade with out 2 new members from CANADA ~ If you make your pin cushion from lightweight materials ( instead of ceramics for exampl) you can still mail it there for $5.00 or less. The key is to not use fragile glass or ceramics, there are lots of other things you can use for a vessel to make your pin cushion. Paper mache' or basla wood boxes are a good choice....stuffed toys work well...picture frames...etc.
Who will volunteer to trade with our Canadian members ? Please let me know soon BigGrin Wub Love to All !! ~Barbara
Armywifeof4 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 10:05:09 PM(UTC)
Armywifeof4

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Ok Ok ! I will play. And shipped to cannada. I have never done this. So who ever get it. I hope you like what I make.. Can soem one post a pic of one . thank you!

Edited by user Saturday, January 07, 2012 10:06:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Armywifeof4 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/9/2012(UTC)
terig Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:36:56 PM(UTC)
terig

If you are still looking for someone to send to Canada, I would be willing to mail my pincushion to Canada.

I have a few friends here in the states from Canada -- they are all sooo nice!

tlc
CricutCrazy Online
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:58:19 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks so much for the gracious ladies who have volunteered to ship to Canada ! You ROCK !! I will fill you in on some ideas about shipping later on.

A few have requested pictures of pin cushions. You can find several on my blog, as well as looking at the prior pin cushion swaps ... but I will oblige with a couple pic now of ones that I have made...You should make your pin cushion according to the theme chosen and make the stick pins to coordinate with your theme . There should be a little "CRICUT" cut on the pin cushion and/or the stick pins...after all, this is a CRICUT MEMBER project.

I was hoping for a few more members and may keep this open a couple of more days ladies...and move the due date to Feb. 1st.

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
003 (800x599).jpg
006 (512x640).jpg
011 (605x640).jpg
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:43:45 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
These look amazing! I'd love to join, but I'm currently in two other swaps. Will you be doing one for Easter?
 1 user thanked CrafteerMisadventures for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Online
#17 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 4:45:53 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: AliciaPettus Go to Quoted Post
These look amazing! I'd love to join, but I'm currently in two other swaps. Will you be doing one for Easter?

Yes - I plan to do one starting late in February for Easter & Mother's Day themes....please join us then !
CricutCrazy Online
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:45:27 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

HEY THERE !! Where are all my old Pin cushion swappers ??? Are you guys tired of them ??

BTT Hope to get a few more members on here soon ! This is a fun swap to do BigGrin
CricutCrazy Online
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:55:45 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

BTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sure could use a few more warm bodies on this swap... If you are not familiar with the pin cushions, don't worry - we will help you ! THere are also lots of videos available on YOUTUBE about making Tea Cup Pincushions....

I don't know how to make a video and get it posted...I am a little computer "challenged". BUt I can take still photos and walk you through it step by step if you like !

We have fun and great prizes for you ........... so give it a try.

Enrollment closing on Wednesday (tomorrow night) at midnight and I will post partners by Noon on Thursday...so you can contact her and get started on your project !

BUG HUGS TO ALL !! Love LOL
terig Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:01:25 AM(UTC)
terig

Good Morning. My daughter was excited that I joined my first swap. Please put me down for two slots and my daughter will swap with my 2nd partner.

All you nervous nellies join in. We can be 1st timers together.
CricutCrazy on 1/11/2012(UTC)
CricutCrazy Online
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:08:19 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: terig Go to Quoted Post
Good Morning. My daughter was excited that I joined my first swap. Please put me down for two slots and my daughter will swap with my 2nd partner.

All you nervous nellies join in. We can be 1st timers together.

Thanks Teri - it's a little "unorthodox" to do it that way, but it's okay with me.....I know you will have fun doing this with her.

CricutCrazy Online
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:33:02 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hello to my partner Natalie !! I will send you a PM soon , so be thinking about what type of pin cushion you would like ! BigGrin
NatalieSheeran Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:33:06 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

hi; looking forward to creating a pin cushion for you. i have a ton of ideas going through my head.
CricutCrazy on 1/12/2012(UTC)
CathyG421 Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:39:47 PM(UTC)
CathyG421

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Teri, I sent you a PM. I can't wait to hear back from you so I can get started creating a pin cushion for you!

Happy Crafting Everyone,
Cathy
CricutCrazy Online
#25 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 5:36:42 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

BTT !! Hope everyone has heard from your partner(s) by now...if not, please send me a PM BigGrin
CricutCrazy Online
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:33:54 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

BTT !!! Don't forget to check in at least once per week ladies.... I am here if you need any help BigGrin
KauaiMelody Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:16:56 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

The musical: BABES IN ARMS song: MY FUNNY VALENTINE. Wub Signed up for your blog as Kauai for some reason. Enjoyed exploring your Blog and hope to check it out some more. Best time for me is just before bed, instead of hopping in with a good book, I jump in with my laptop. Does anyone else bring their laptop to bed with them?

Edited by user Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:22:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/15/2012(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:19:24 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
BTT !!! Don't forget to check in at least once per week ladies.... I am here if you need any help BigGrin

Hi Barb, am a little backed up with my laundry, can u come over and give me a hand??? LOL
CricutCrazy Online
#29 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:26:34 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: KauiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Hi Barb, am a little backed up with my laundry, can u come over and give me a hand??? LOL

LOL LOL Sure ....I can help with laundry if you will do my dishes !! YUCK !! I HATE to wash dishes, but I am AWESOME at folding clothes....my hubby says I have " a gift" for it. I can fold KING SIZE sheets in mid-air by myself !....no kidding !!

I have to laugh at your last post Melody.... you are on the wrong thread for the POP QUIZ !! But maybe I have to send you the prize anyway, as you answered first ! Love I guess it comes from you trying to do so many SWAPS at the same time . I see you are on several ones. I am limited myself to 2 at a time so I don't get Flapper cRaZy !! GO back to the Tag Swap and post your answers...cause you are RIGHT !

SharonChatterton1 Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 9:42:06 AM(UTC)
SharonChatterton1

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Hey CricutCrazy..did you find enough people to match partners??? I am done with Kaui Melodys pin cushion and I could swap with someone else if you need me to. I loved, loved, loved doing this swap. My first pin cushion and now I am addicted. Let me know if anyone else needs a partner.

Sharon
 1 user thanked SharonChatterton1 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/16/2012(UTC)