Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
purpleluvnscrapper Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 11:24:55 AM(UTC)
purpleluvnscrapper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 599 time(s) in 307 post(s)
YAY!!! You are doing another one in February!!! You all will LOVE CricutCrazy's swaps--she is a awesome host--and I am not just saying that because I happened to win both of her prizesLOL LOL LOL LOL Everything runs so smooth on her swaps--no drama!!!!!!
I can't wait til Feb to sign up for the Easter pin cushion!!
Have FUN!!!!!!!
 1 user thanked purpleluvnscrapper for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/16/2012(UTC)
DonnaSchnees Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 2:51:10 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Sorry I missed this swap. I will try to get in on the next one. I am hoping to make and get one for each holiday. I will try to stalk the boards more often. BigGrin
 1 user thanked DonnaSchnees for this useful post.
Jewelsx19 Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 8:17:25 PM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I got my stick pins done, and I have started on the pin cushion. Boy this has been a challage for me, I have never done anything in the theme my partner has chosen (Mardi Gras), and I didn't even know what colours to use. After lots of research, and alot of imagination...I have finally come up with something, and I started on it tonight :) I am hoping to have a sneak peek to show in a day or two.
 1 user thanked Jewelsx19 for this useful post.
NatalieSheeran Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 8:22:49 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have completed everything. I had so much fun and look forward to joining another swap like this. I hope you like what I created barb
 1 user thanked NatalieSheeran for this useful post.
CathyG421 Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 8:34:53 PM(UTC)
CathyG421

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Barb, I saw what Natalie made you and I Love Love Love it!!!! If for some reason it is not to your liking, you just let me know and I will get you my address to send it to. Flapper
 1 user thanked CathyG421 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 9:08:42 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 694 post(s)
Hey Girls !! Wow !! You have all been sooo busy and working so fast ! I must say this has to be the fastest group I ever had....
I was out of town over the weekend to sell some Cricut stuff at a Crop and thought I would share a photo of me that one of the other members took of me and my Cricut Buddy... I had a great time. But, that means I also have not been able to work on my pin cushion much and also tags for another SWAP that I am doing. I will be finished on time however.
If anyone wishes to go ahead and mail early, that is okay with me. Please be sure to wrap items securely (especially if it is breakable) Scared . It is sad when someone's lovely tea cup or pottery gets smashed by the USPO and your partner gets a box full of pottery shards. Crying Now... if you were on an archeaolgical dig in Egypt and sent me some pottery shards I wouldn't mind at all !! But, please use bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts and a sturdy box. Check out the Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes, but sometimes it is cheaper to use your own box and send Parcel Post...since there is no real RUSH on delivery. Please get a Delivery COnfirmation Number. If you learn to buy your postage online through Paypal the DC# is free ! That is what I use and have good luck with it.
I enjoyed reading everyone's messages and posts. Thank you for the compliments...it means a lot to me. Love
If everyone gets their pkgs. and posts photos of their pin cushions quickly, I will start the next round as soon as we are done...sounds like a few more people want to join our happy group ! LOL Night All !
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
000_0004 (640x546).jpg
CricutCrazy Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 9:12:08 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: Jewelsx19 Go to Quoted Post
I got my stick pins done, and I have started on the pin cushion. Boy this has been a challage for me, I have never done anything in the theme my partner has chosen (Mardi Gras), and I didn't even know what colours to use. After lots of research, and alot of imagination...I have finally come up with something, and I started on it tonight :) I am hoping to have a sneak peek to show in a day or two.

Oh Jewels, sorry about the theme problem for you...you should have sent me a PM or posted...we all are willing to help. For me, Mardis Gras is PURPLE, GREEN & GOLD ....a really fun and wild color combo ! Lots of beads and feathers and party hardy ! I am sure you will come up with something adorable.
NatalieSheeran Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:55:45 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

ok ms barb; you should rec'v your pin cushion in/around friday.

DC 0311 2550 0000 3772 2835

it was a ton of fun creating for you!
CricutCrazy on 1/18/2012(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:48:48 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks Natalie ! You are so quick !! I hope I can get your finished this weekend Flapper

Having a VERY rainy and chilly day here in Central Florida....it has zapped my creativity today !LOL
Jewelsx19 Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:01:38 PM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

I haven't got anymore work done on my pin cushion, unfortunately I go put on bedrest yesterday so crafting has become a little harder. (I am currently 30 weeks with a surrogate baby, and found out my cervix is very short already).

Thankfully what I have left to do I can do out of bed, but I have to have hubby cut a few things from my cricut for me, thankfully I have a gypsy and all he has to do it plug it in and cut :)
CricutCrazy on 1/20/2012(UTC)
terig Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:10:40 PM(UTC)
terig

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Jewels, best wishes for you while you are on bed rest.

I have been shopping and gathered my supplies. I think I will start with my stick pins tomorrow.

Teri in San Jose.
CricutCrazy Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 12:11:19 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: Jewelsx19 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't got anymore work done on my pin cushion, unfortunately I go put on bedrest yesterday so crafting has become a little harder. (I am currently 30 weeks with a surrogate baby, and found out my cervix is very short already).

Thankfully what I have left to do I can do out of bed, but I have to have hubby cut a few things from my cricut for me, thankfully I have a gypsy and all he has to do it plug it in and cut :)

Oh wow !! Thanks goodness for the Gypsy and a hubby who will help !BigGrin Gotta LOVE that guy ! Take care of you & the little one... sounds like an early delivery is possible. Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 12:14:51 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Well I finally got a jump start on my pin cushion last night and it is coming along nicely ! I also went to Michsel's on a "quickie" lunchtime trip and found a HUGE selection of beads and charms that were on CLEARANCE + another 70% off ! I loaded up on some great buys at .39 to .89 each ! Some were as much as $4.99 originally....so I will be using some on my stickpins - lots of interesting heart charms !

HAPPY TGIF everyone ! BigGrin
NatalieSheeran Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

cathy and i stocked up on the same sale, barb. in fact, made 3 separate trips to michael's. apparently, they've added to their stock each night. they must have a ton they are trying to get rid of.

i just looked at the tracking and your cushion is out for delivery, barb. so you may have happy mail when you get home BigGrin
CricutCrazy on 1/20/2012(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 2:58:40 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: NatalieSheeran Go to Quoted Post
cathy and i stocked up on the same sale, barb. in fact, made 3 separate trips to michael's. apparently, they've added to their stock each night. they must have a ton they are trying to get rid of.

i just looked at the tracking and your cushion is out for delivery, barb. so you may have happy mail when you get home BigGrin

Hi Natalie ! I DID get some HAPPY MAIL !!!BigGrin Love Woot Woot

I absolutely Love the pin cushion you made for me ! It is adorable ! I will post a photo of it later on tonight for all to see....sending you a PM too...
Wub Hugs ~ Barbara
KauaiMelody Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:19:27 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2042 time(s) in 935 post(s)
Sharon, so looking forward to seeing what you made!Smile I am looking at yours as we speak as I am crafting it at this very moment.
CricutCrazy Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:38:27 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

.....Working late tonight on pin cushions & pins !! Hope to have in the mail on Monday or Tuesday !! Have a great weekend everyone ! <HUGS> Barbara

NatalieSheeran Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 9:25:00 PM(UTC)
NatalieSheeran

here are some pics of the pin cushion i made. i went a totally different direction and made mine out of a frame. i used the DCWV "linens and lace" stack, although it's minimal. painted the frame a pearlescent white, my cricut cut is from wall decor and more (dress form). i cut several to give it some added dimension. i stuck to the colors that reminded me of valentines--pinks and reds instead of going all out in cupids and arrows. added a pearl flourish, as barbara said she liked those. thimble/needle threader were alcohol inked. other touches include lace around the frame, as well on the dress form, tiny rosettes and spool wrapped in red/white twine. also 'b' for barbara.

sorry i didn't use styrofoam, barb as part of your requirements. i overlooked that simple step, so i apologize again. this was my first pin cushion, so i hope you can forgive the "learning curve".

can't wait to see everyone else's creations.

NatalieSheeran attached the following image(s):
Pin Cushion Swap 2012 001.JPG
Pin Cushion Swap 2012 002.JPG
Pin Cushion Swap 2012 004.JPG
CricutCrazy Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 10:02:41 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks for posting the pics Natalie... I have trouble with my camera sometimes....it is a cheap one and getting old too ! I really love how you made this and it is so pretty !
I can certainly forgive the lack of styrofoam. The styrofoam makes it sturdier for holding up the long stick pins. But it is certainly usable this way as well...no problem BigGrin

Just a "heads up" for those who are new to the pin cushion world...even a small square of styrofoam is a big help. In a pciture frame application just cut a square flat piece the size of your opening and then cover it with batting. Love

Will be back soon !
KauaiMelody Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:50:03 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Natalie, that pin cushion is most wonderful. Very unique and clever. Wub Now Barbara, you are looking so good in that pic you posted, but I just have to ask,are you and your cricut "buddy" just friends or is there more to it, and does your hubby know you are hooking up with some guy in a green suit when you leave home???!!! I posted this question in the key swap I think, and thought I'd catch you here as well.Laugh BigGrin LOL
KauaiMelody Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:53:59 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Waving to partner and wondering if she thinks Barb and Cricut "buddy" are just friends.Smile
CricutCrazy Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 4:04:25 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: KauiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Natalie, that pin cushion is most wonderful. Very unique and clever. Wub Now Barbara, you are looking so good in that pic you posted, but I just have to ask,are you and your cricut "buddy" just friends or is there more to it, and does your hubby know you are hooking up with some guy in a green suit when you leave home???!!! I posted this question in the key swap I think, and thought I'd catch you here as well.Laugh BigGrin LOL

Well my secret is out... I decided to cheat on my DH with Cricut - he looks so good in green that I can't resist LOL Love

Big waves to my partner.....Your pin cushion is almost ready for a box... should go postal by Monday !!
Jewelsx19 Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:35:51 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

My pin coushion is done...It will be postal Monday :)
CricutCrazy on 1/30/2012(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:39:24 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Hi Sharon , I will send DC# on Monday. I keep perseverating, and tinkering on it. If it wasn't for the deadline, I would be adding things to it forever. While Barb, I must say, you both make a really cute couple. He's a little on the short side though.
 1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 1/30/2012(UTC)
CathyG421 Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:49:43 PM(UTC)
CathyG421

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello all!! Big wave to my partner TeriG. JCI and letting you know I am putting the finishing touches on your cushion and it will be postal tomorrow.

I can't wait to start seeing all the fabulous cushions everyone receives.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Cathy
CricutCrazy Offline
#56 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 7:31:43 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: KauiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Hi Sharon , I will send DC# on Monday. I keep perseverating, and tinkering on it. If it wasn't for the deadline, I would be adding things to it forever. While Barb, I must say, you both make a really cute couple. He's a little on the short side though.

Melody - you are just toooooo much ! LOL

Jewels , I hope you are feeling better by now and glad to hear you have finished your P/C -

Natalie - Good news ! I have finished yours and it will go in the mail tomorrow ! I hope you like it !

I hope everybody is having fun with this... I plan to open the next enrollment for the Spring PinCushion Swap this weekend - IT will be an EASTER or MOTHER's DAY Theme - These should be gorgeous !! I will be changing some of the other rules, so please be sure to read them thoroughly before you sign up. Thanks !!

KauaiMelody Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:38:55 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Sharon has sent me a most wonderful pin cushion. It is so unique. Words cannot describe how lovely it is. Will post pics tomorrow and then you will see what I mean. Thank you so much Sharon!!! . Barb, I would like to send your new guy some extreme elevator shoes, so he doesn't have to stare at your knees everytime you go out.Laugh ( not that your knees aren't purdy to look at)
SharonChatterton1 Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:43:23 PM(UTC)
SharonChatterton1

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Hi KauiMelody...you are so nice. I definitely think her new "guy" is adorable and I would totally date him!!

Have a wonderful day ladies.
KauaiMelody Offline
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:01:34 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: SharonChatterton1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi KauiMelody...you are so nice. I definitely think her new "guy" is adorable and I would totally date him!!

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Barbara I have good news and bad new. The good news is that you did it again, a wonderful swap with happy swappers. The bad news is, you had better watch your back, as you can see from the quote above, Sharon thinks your new beau is adorable and would totally date him so you better treat him right!!! Sharon is so cool to jump into the fun like this. Laugh
SharonChatterton1 Offline
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:36:30 PM(UTC)
SharonChatterton1

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Cool nothing..I am totally serious..I REALLY want your new man!! BigGrin But then who wouldn't. But don't tell my hubby cause he is really jealous of little green men!