Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
lynnk11131dffbe4 Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2012 1:32:26 PM(UTC)
lynnk11131dffbe4

Groups: Registered

Oh, and I'm working with a Personal. Firmware is up to date, according to Cricut.com's website.
scrapalette Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2012 4:44:23 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lynnk11131dffbe4 Go to Quoted Post
Oh, and I'm working with a Personal. Firmware is up to date, according to Cricut.com's website.

That's your problem. . .the personal is too old {even with the most updated firmware for that model} and doesn't have the ability to link carts. Crying
lynnk11131dffbe4 Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2012 6:05:23 PM(UTC)
lynnk11131dffbe4

Oh. That would have been good to know, especially since the software knows I'm using a Personal, and it still gives me the option to link. Any idea why I still have to insert and remove and insert and remove the cartridge before it recognizes it?

Thanks so much for the response!
Narelle Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:12:21 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7866 time(s) in 3680 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tammie.divaf6bfbcd9 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had trouble linking the George and Basic Shapes cart in CCR. I have several others (Orig Cricut, Imagine, and Cake) that linked with no problembut I just cannot get this one to do it. Any suggestions?

You won't be able to link George. The only way that one can be linked is with a gypsy and even then it's hit and miss. (George is basically just a shell of a cartridge and you can just leave it inserted in the machine).
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
jetsettingchipper on 7/14/2012(UTC)
lovejenbug0e86b3df Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:48:44 AM(UTC)
lovejenbug0e86b3df

Hello I have an E2 that I also got for Xmas. Just found out about craft room and am very excited to see what I can do. But I to am having the same problem. Its detects my E2, finds my cartridge and then I agree to terms and nothing. Its says to re-enter my cartridge and try again. In the meantime my E2 just keeps rebooting. Does anyone know if there is way to authorize cartriges with out linking that would be so much easier? The cartridges that I have tried to link are Designers Calendar, Damask Decor, and Jubilee. Thanks everyone.
Narelle Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:56:53 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: lovejenbug0e86b3df Go to Quoted Post
Hello I have an E2 that I also got for Xmas. Just found out about craft room and am very excited to see what I can do. But I to am having the same problem. Its detects my E2, finds my cartridge and then I agree to terms and nothing. Its says to re-enter my cartridge and try again. In the meantime my E2 just keeps rebooting. Does anyone know if there is way to authorize cartriges with out linking that would be so much easier? The cartridges that I have tried to link are Designers Calendar, Damask Decor, and Jubilee. Thanks everyone.

Have you connected your E2 to Cricut Sync and updated it?
imbish05e5cc843e Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
imbish05e5cc843e

I am seriously frustated with my BRAND NEW CRICUT MINI. After spending several hours and 2 different laptops just to get the darn thing to load the craft room software, it now WILL NOT allow me to link the 3 cartridges I got today with it. When I click the "link" button, and insert the cartridge like it asks, the led button light turns red and my computer says that no device can be dectected. If anyone has any advice. I am pretty sure that all the frimware is up to date as we just installed it today and my boyfriend is a IT tech. HELP!!!!!
audreyclarke84879d8a315f Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:39:27 PM(UTC)
audreyclarke84879d8a315f

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just got my cricut and eventually with help from this forum I have managed to get Craftroom installed on Windows 8 but cannot get it to link my Type Candy or George cartridges I get a message saying the serial number is wrong. can anyone help me please?
glynis.rose.jones2e5fb439 Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:01:17 PM(UTC)
glynis.rose.jones2e5fb439

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a Create and I can't link my George cartridge either, I keep getting an error message saying that its the wrong serial number!! Linked my Type Candy but it just won't have the George!!
filomae5872376 Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:11:14 AM(UTC)
filomae5872376

My question is, will PC fix the issue with not being able to link George to CCR or do we have to have the bandaid fix and just leave the cartridge in my Expression. Thanks to Narelle for her earlier response to another post, but surely PC would fix it so George can be linked to CCR. Just wondering, that is all.
ecolletta01b80aa Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:08:28 AM(UTC)
ecolletta01b80aa

I'm having the same problem but with a Personal. George won't link (wrong serial error) and since the 1.45 update it won't even read the cart 95% of the time! Never had that problem before. It's really frustrating when my 5 minute job takes an hour! Was really hoping I could link so that the recognition error wouldn't be a problem.

Also since the update my hangs up a lot which didn't happen before.

I would really like this to work since I am new to the machines (picked this one up on an incredible deal...guess that should have told me something Glare ) and I love using the CCR software since I can see everything on screen before I cut anything!

You would think they would fix this error since there are probably a ton if these carts out there!
ecolletta01b80aa Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:17:58 PM(UTC)
ecolletta01b80aa

Well, don't know if this will help anyone else, but I contacted CS about my error (see post above). They asked for the serial number on the back of the George cart and were able to manually force it to link to my Cricut account. BigGrin

Haven't tried it out yet, but it did show up in the My Cartiridges list in CCR...so here's hoping...
weffenstetteb93fb294 Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:07:01 PM(UTC)
weffenstetteb93fb294

Originally Posted by: lynnk11131dffbe4 Go to Quoted Post
Arrgh! So frustrating. Just want to cut from the CCR; CONSTANTLY asks me to insert the cartridge (despite the cartridge's presence). Cuts with the cartridge about one in five tries. Tried to link; got the message "successfully detected" and nothing else. Same thing with all three of my cartridges, including one that's brand-new. Replaced the cable, thinking it was an issue (I get a message on the machine indicating that it's communicating with the USB cable), but no difference. Any suggestions? I'm ready to give up.

I'm having this same problem. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Narelle Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 3:46:20 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: weffenstetteb93fb294 Go to Quoted Post
I'm having this same problem. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Is your Imagine up to date?