Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

angulamalone6bd83846 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:55:40 AM(UTC)
angulamalone6bd83846

Groups: Registered

I am new to CCR! I really want to start cutting with the CCR but once I am ready to cut a screen pops up that says "You have 2 of 2 computers authorized on your Cricut Account.
 You will not be able to authorize any additional computers until Tue Jun 19 2012."
I did try to download the software on a different computer but it would not work. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this message??
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or know how to de-authorize a computer!! Oh not sure if it matters but I have the Expression 2 and use a Mac.
Thanks so much,
Angie Confused
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:24:33 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1973 time(s) in 972 post(s)
you will have to call PC. I'm not sure if they will change anything until that date, but if you explain to them it would not work, maybe they can. I think they put that date on there so people do not try to share there account and always switching computers.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/5/2012(UTC)
Sure Crafts Alot Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:25:12 PM(UTC)
Sure Crafts Alot

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: angulamalone6bd83846 Go to Quoted Post
I am new to CCR! I really want to start cutting with the CCR but once I am ready to cut a screen pops up that says "You have 2 of 2 computers authorized on your Cricut Account.
 You will not be able to authorize any additional computers until Tue Jun 19 2012."
I did try to download the software on a different computer but it would not work. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this message??
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or know how to de-authorize a computer!! Oh not sure if it matters but I have the Expression 2 and use a Mac.
Thanks so much,
Angie Confused

If you have not linked any carts or bought any digital images you can just sign up for another account with another E-mail address and abandon your current account. My laptop for some crazy reason used up both my computer allowances also. I wanted to use a small faster desktop I just bought and this is the option I took. I've read post on this forum of people who called and PC said they don't have a way to reset your account yet.

If you call PC, please post your results.
JodiBarber Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:16:12 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sure Crafts Alot Go to Quoted Post
If you have not linked any carts or bought any digital images you can just sign up for another account with another E-mail address and abandon your current account. My laptop for some crazy reason used up both my computer allowances also. I wanted to use a small faster desktop I just bought and this is the option I took. I've read post on this forum of people who called and PC said they don't have a way to reset your account yet.

If you call PC, please post your results.

this could be an awesome idea I may give this a try...I haven't tried to even use imagine with ccr in months simply because it just doesn't work for me I saw someone mention before that they tried with an old pc with xp on it and it worked (I'm windows 7 64 bit)
however I am wondering if it actually recognizes the computer or the IP address.....

Jodi
charlottebc03a545 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:14:35 PM(UTC)
charlottebc03a545

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been having that computer authorization problem with the Imagine, which was recently replaced because it wouldn't update the firmware (another huge nightmare). I submitted a support ticket; they replied in fairly short order saying that they had reset my account and I could go ahead and use the program on my backup laptop, presto, no problem.

Meantime, I got my primary laptop back from the shop and installed CR - and it's still giving the "Authorize Computer" error message and saying I have to wait until Nov. 19 to change authorization, etc. So I plan on calling *again* tomorrow. Have already submitted a second support ticket. I haven't used CR on the backup system yet - took me 2 hours to set this one up.

What gets me is that it lets you get all the way to cutting the project before it blocks the cut. Why not just give the message when you start up CR? Or not at all!

I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome.
 1 user thanked charlottebc03a545 for this useful post.
Happishay on 10/4/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 8:12:28 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JodiBarber Go to Quoted Post
this could be an awesome idea I may give this a try...I haven't tried to even use imagine with ccr in months simply because it just doesn't work for me I saw someone mention before that they tried with an old pc with xp on it and it worked (I'm windows 7 64 bit)
however I am wondering if it actually recognizes the computer or the IP address.....

Jodi

Jodi - I also have WINDOWS 7; 64-BIT and I'm able to use CCR (but, I don't have an IMAGINE). But, I think there are other IMAGINE users who use CCR who also use the same system as yours and mine. It seems it has come up a number of times before.

I would think CCR recognizes our computers; but, I don't really have any knowledge of what it does recognize.

Char
JanisD Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 5:37:32 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Jodi - I also have WINDOWS 7; 64-BIT and I'm able to use CCR (but, I don't have an IMAGINE). But, I think there are other IMAGINE users who use CCR who also use the same system as yours and mine. It seems it has come up a number of times before.

I would think CCR recognizes our computers; but, I don't really have any knowledge of what it does recognize.

Char

I also have windows 7 with 64 bit & use CCR without any issues at all. I do not own an Imagine though.