Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~tallulah~ Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 6:02:26 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i don't think i have registered my g or any of my carts. i have redeemed the points and i have linked the carts but unless i had to register the g when i got it to actually use it...then i may have done that.

so here's my question...if something happens to my g and i have to get another one from pc how will they know what carts were linked so they can re-serialize them on the new one?

does registering have anything to do with this? if not WHY should i register the carts?
MaryC Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:57:36 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I am afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I do have a few more questions. I just got my gypsy girl last Monday. I have her registered, that happened during the sync update, but how do I register the carts? when I clicked on that, it wanted the serial number, but the carts are digital and there were no numbers in the package. Do they automatically get registered when the G does?
ohana Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 4:01:50 AM(UTC)
ohana

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I, too, have this question. When I first got my E in 2007, I was really good about registering carts, but did about 12 then quit (now I have 80).... hope someone knows the answers :)
*myamagoo* Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:08:56 AM(UTC)
*myamagoo*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 423 post(s)
kimmie wrote:
i don't think i have registered my g or any of my carts. i have redeemed the points and i have linked the carts but unless i had to register the g when i got it to actually use it...then i may have done that.

so here's my question...if something happens to my g and i have to get another one from pc how will they know what carts were linked so they can re-serialize them on the new one?

does registering have anything to do with this? if not WHY should i register the carts?

hi Kimmie! *magoo waving

Your question is a great one...and it seems there are a lot of new gypsy owners who aren't aware of this - so I'll try to help :)

YES ~ register your carts...every single one of them. If your gypsy crashes and you send it in to PC, and they in turn say they have to give you a new Gypsy....the DO have to re-serialize...they use your registered cart list as a way to verify you own those carts. Otherwise anyone could just say - yeah I had 100+ carts on there.... KWIM?

It does take awhile...and I only just recently got all mine loaded in July...estimate the month you bought the cart (if you can, do your best) and get them registered just in case.

Also, if you've been using gypsy sync at all - I would imagine your Gypsy is already linked...as the first page of the Gypsy Sync getting started asks you to register your G.

Clear as mud? have a great day!BigGrin
JeanneLee Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 214 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I started registering mine in 2006 and just every time I buy a cart/machine would go and register them so its not like one big job.

Its not hard..when you joined Cricut, you have an account and when you sign in, its located on the right....click on My Account and go to the Registration History. Click on the item you want to register(you will need the info on the back of your cartridge)...it will ask your info and the item number and when and where you purchased it.

Its nice to be able to print off the list and carry with you so you don't accidentally buy a duplicate cart! Flapper
debramay Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 7:37:37 AM(UTC)
debramay

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Mary101 wrote:
I am afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I do have a few more questions. I just got my gypsy girl last Monday. I have her registered, that happened during the sync update, but how do I register the carts? when I clicked on that, it wanted the serial number, but the carts are digital and there were no numbers in the package. Do they automatically get registered when the G does?

When you registered your Gypsy, if you look at your list of registered carts and machines, you should see the Gypsy as "Gypsy Bundle" so that would include the digital carts within the Gypsy. HTH!Wink
ladybugstamper Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:57:59 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
It is a good idea to get those cartridges registered. I had a problem with a cartridge, but of course couldn't find the receipt. PC wasn't very helpful because I didn't have proof that I actually owned the cartridge, then person asked if it was registered on the PC site and it was, so that allowed them to send me a replacement cartridge. That was my proof.

Now registering is part of my opening the new cartridge package. Open package, register in my binder (my paper file of what cartridges I own), register on the PC site, log in rewards points, label the cartridge, overlay, handbook and box, link to my Gypsy, check off on the Cricut App that I own the cartridge and update my Good Reader handbook file. Repeat if I bought more than one cartridge, then go and play.
 1 user thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
ThisisJulz on 9/20/2010(UTC)
ThisisJulz Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:27:38 AM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)
ladybugstamper wrote:
It is a good idea to get those cartridges registered. I had a problem with a cartridge, but of course couldn't find the receipt. PC wasn't very helpful because I didn't have proof that I actually owned the cartridge, then person asked if it was registered on the PC site and it was, so that allowed them to send me a replacement cartridge. That was my proof.

Now registering is part of my opening the new cartridge package. Open package, register in my binder (my paper file of what cartridges I own), register on the PC site, log in rewards points, label the cartridge, overlay, handbook and box, link to my Gypsy, check off on the Cricut App that I own the cartridge and update my Good Reader handbook file. Repeat if I bought more than one cartridge, then go and play.

This sounds like a great organizational system! I am definitely goign to try your ideas!
~tallulah~ Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 12:26:11 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

hiya mya!!! LOL

thanks everyone...ok then...register those carts today!!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:23:15 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1553 time(s) in 1244 post(s)
Another reason to register: If for some reason a catastrophe happened to your home and you lost all of your Cricut things, you would have proof for insurance that you owned all of those wonderful toys.
~tallulah~ Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:24:32 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

OK GOT THEM REGISTERED...EXCEPT ON CHRISTMAS CHEER AND OPPOSITES ATTRACT IT SAID it wouldn't be visible for 72 hours...anyone know why? they were the only 2 it didn't take right away.

also, how do we register the gypsy font and wanderings? there is listing for it but i'm not sure where to find the serial numbers for the ones that came on my g.

thanks for all the info!!!!
cynthiagrant1 Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:09:20 PM(UTC)
cynthiagrant1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Oh no! I haven't registered any of my 80 plus carts. Now what? I don't have dates and places of purchases. I have purchased most of mine from ebay. Advice???
~tallulah~ Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 4:38:48 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

they don't ask you for date of purchase just where you purchased and the serial number. on the ones i purchased from ebay i just put ebay, on the ones i purchased from people on the board or a friend i juts put private sale.

do it now before you have ny more then do it as you buy them...that's what i'm doing!