Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Georgiegirl2012 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:31:56 PM(UTC)
Georgiegirl2012

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I know there are others who have had issues with CCR so I'm glad it's not just me and my lack of technical ability. But I've looked at what I can find and have no idea how to resolve it.

CCR downloads, it lets me put my name and password in, then after I've clicked log in, it gives the that "CCRBridge.exe has stopped working and the program will be closed"

And now I don't care. Who wants to cross the bridge anyways

I never had this problem with a stencil and a pair of scissors.LOL
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:00:20 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7904 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Georgiegirl2012 Go to Quoted Post
I know there are others who have had issues with CCR so I'm glad it's not just me and my lack of technical ability. But I've looked at what I can find and have no idea how to resolve it.

CCR downloads, it lets me put my name and password in, then after I've clicked log in, it gives the that "CCRBridge.exe has stopped working and the program will be closed"

And now I don't care. Who wants to cross the bridge anyways

I never had this problem with a stencil and a pair of scissors.LOL

You don't have a gypsy attached to your computer and powered on? Or Cricut Sync open?

Georgiegirl2012 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:14:00 PM(UTC)
Georgiegirl2012

United Kingdom

Hi Narelle - no, there is nothing else attached or open. I am a cricut newbie so wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong but I also have a little netbook which I have successfully downloaded CCR onto, so I imagine there is something on my laptop which is in conflict with CCR.

As things stand at the moment, I'm not overly bothered, but it's just a little frustrating that it doesen't work.

Georgiegirl2012 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:51:37 PM(UTC)
Georgiegirl2012

United Kingdom

Just tried uninstalling Adobe Air and then reinstalling from scratch, but it still didn't work. CCRBridge.exe still wasn't working. The other message I got (which I did get before, but forgot) was Data Execution Prevention had stopped the program from working.
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:19:08 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: Georgiegirl2012 Go to Quoted Post
Just tried uninstalling Adobe Air and then reinstalling from scratch, but it still didn't work. CCRBridge.exe still wasn't working. The other message I got (which I did get before, but forgot) was Data Execution Prevention had stopped the program from working.

What operating System do you have on your laptop? Is it an older version than the one on your netbook?

I googled Data Execution Prevention. From what I read it seems that Windows is blocking CCR because it thinks its an unsafe program. (If your netbook has a different version of Windows it may recognise that CCR is fine.)

You can configure your DEP settings to allow CCR through. This link gives you the details. (The file you'd be adding as an exception is c:/Program Files/Cricut-Craft Room/CCR Bridge)

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_tur...n_prevention_errors.html

I would recommend you give PC customer service a call so they can take you through some trouble shooting.
magistra Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 5:11:17 PM(UTC)
magistra

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I tried to disable the DEP but I get a popup that says the file is needed...
HELP!
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 5:37:43 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: magistra Go to Quoted Post
I tried to disable the DEP but I get a popup that says the file is needed...
HELP!

Instead of disabling it did you try adding cricut-Craftroom.exe and CCRBridge.exe as exceptions? The instructions on doing that are at the same link as above.
Cyprainsrosed679d75c Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 7:31:07 PM(UTC)
Cyprainsrosed679d75c

I am getting the same message and its super frustrating. I have windows vista...it tells me that it needs to run the way it is and there is no way to add the exception. This is making me cranky because I have paid for digital cuts that I have used before but of course the day I need to make cards....Cursing
Granny510 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:04:02 PM(UTC)
Granny510

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I called provo craft and they took over my computer and did something with my Norton files to prevent interference with craft room. I still get that ccr exec message, but only after I have worked in the ccr for a half hour or more. Then I have to close out and start again.
Maybe they can help you in some way.
kazhops65d3ae51 Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 5:40:59 AM(UTC)
kazhops65d3ae51

I have spent a small fortune on my cricut and was looking forward to having great fun with it. BUT like everyone for months and months I cannot get CCR to work. I have the same problems as everyone else. Having read every posting in the forum relating to the problem. I have put in all the exceptions. Loaded, uninstalled and reinstalled all software. I have disabled my antivirus and firewall. I have rebooted my laptop. I have even tried and failed to put the exception in the DEP of My Computer. My son is a program writer so handed the problem to him and still I cannot use CCR. Provo craft ensured that we can not use any other program but refuse to take responsibility for their own program. Do they really think that we are so stupid as to think that the number of people with posts here are really all wrong. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL and in the meantime tell me how to access the CCR.
CricutGena Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 9:54:21 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kazhops65d3ae51 Go to Quoted Post
I have spent a small fortune on my cricut and was looking forward to having great fun with it. BUT like everyone for months and months I cannot get CCR to work. I have the same problems as everyone else. Having read every posting in the forum relating to the problem. I have put in all the exceptions. Loaded, uninstalled and reinstalled all software. I have disabled my antivirus and firewall. I have rebooted my laptop. I have even tried and failed to put the exception in the DEP of My Computer. My son is a program writer so handed the problem to him and still I cannot use CCR. Provo craft ensured that we can not use any other program but refuse to take responsibility for their own program. Do they really think that we are so stupid as to think that the number of people with posts here are really all wrong. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL and in the meantime tell me how to access the CCR.

Hello! I am sorry to hear you are having trouble running the Cricut Craft Room program. If you are having the same issues as the customers above, the solution is very simple. You will just need to add these programs to your exceptions:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
• CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

If this does not work or if you are experiencing another error please call customer service at 877-7cricut. Our customer service representatives would be happy to assist you!

-Cricut Gena
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:16:59 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I am sorry to hear you are having trouble running the Cricut Craft Room program. If you are having the same issues as the customers above, the solution is very simple. You will just need to add these programs to your exceptions:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
• CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

If this does not work or if you are experiencing another error please call customer service at 877-7cricut. Our customer service representatives would be happy to assist you!

-Cricut Gena

Gena - I'm wondering if it would be helpful to tell people how to ADD PROGRAMS TO YOUR EXCEPTIONS?

I feel like I'm fairly adept with issues in my computer, but I don't know where to go to add the exceptions you're listing. Maybe a lot of others don't know how to do that either.

Char
athena557e6941 Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:18:51 AM(UTC)
athena557e6941

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
What operating System do you have on your laptop? Is it an older version than the one on your netbook?

I googled Data Execution Prevention. From what I read it seems that Windows is blocking CCR because it thinks its an unsafe program. (If your netbook has a different version of Windows it may recognise that CCR is fine.)

You can configure your DEP settings to allow CCR through. This link gives you the details. (The file you'd be adding as an exception is c:/Program Files/Cricut-Craft Room/CCR Bridge)

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_tur...n_prevention_errors.html

I would recommend you give PC customer service a call so they can take you through some trouble shooting.

I tried this on my Windows 7 PC, it kept telling me that this program needs DEP to run. Would not let me add the exception.
Please give me a fix for windows 7!!!!
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:22:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

TRY THIS.....I would assume you mark whatever is not marked on your computer when you get to this screen.....so you might be turning DEP on (if it's already off) to get your program to work. I would go back and change it to what it was before you make a change here, because I have no idea what is is for. I found this out on the internet:

Turning Off DEP

You can, if you like, turn off DEP completely.

Right click on My Computer

Click on Properties

Click on the Advanced tab

Click on the Settings button in the Performance section

Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab

At this point you should be looking at a dialog much like this one:

Data Execution Prevention Options

Again, I found this on a SEARCH out on the internet to see what DEP was; you might want to do the SEARCH yourself before changing anything in your computer.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:28:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

It doesn't seem like you should need any kind of FIX for Windows 7....when I bought my new Windows 7; 64-Bit (the computer I'm on now), I didn't have to do anything with DEP when I hooked up my MINI and CCR. Right now, when I do the exercise listed below, my computer is set at: Mine is marked TURN ON DEP....so, you might just want to see if yours is turned on.

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
TRY THIS.....I would assume you mark whatever is not marked on your computer when you get to this screen.....so you might be turning DEP on (if it's already off) to get your program to work. I would go back and change it to what it was before you make a change here, because I have no idea what is is for. I found this out on the internet:

Turning Off DEP

Click on Properties

Again, I found this on a SEARCH out on the internet to see what DEP was; you might want to do the SEARCH yourself before changing anything in your computer.

Char

athena557e6941 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:38:06 PM(UTC)
athena557e6941

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

Turning Off DEP

Click on Properties

Char

On my windows xp laptop that I was using before, DEP was able to add exception, but it still gets ccrbridge error.(no antivirus or firewall)
So, I tried my Win7 PC, I also get CCRBridge error. I have a house network thru a router. But this was not a problem before. I uninstalled, installed older version, then updated to newer version. nothing seems to kick start the program.
I am at a loss what to try next. It was working a couple of months back on laptop, now today it doesn't work.??
 1 user thanked athena557e6941 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/3/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:43:07 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: athena557e6941 Go to Quoted Post
On my windows xp laptop that I was using before, DEP was able to add exception, but it still gets ccrbridge error.(no antivirus or firewall)
So, I tried my Win7 PC, I also get CCRBridge error. I have a house network thru a router. But this was not a problem before. I uninstalled, installed older version, then updated to newer version. nothing seems to kick start the program.
I am at a loss what to try next. It was working a couple of months back on laptop, now today it doesn't work.??

I would definitely take time to call PC. I also use a router; have had no DEP errors at all. There must be some easy solution.....please call ProvoCraft. Go to the SUPPORT button at the top of this screen to get their phone numbers.

Char