Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

melissaturner1 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:17:44 PM(UTC)
melissaturner1

Groups: Registered

Just got my machine in and unpacked it put it all together and it won't turn on. Any suggestions?
JenniferJuers Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:27:41 PM(UTC)
JenniferJuers

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It could be your power supply cord, you may need to call PC tomorrow and request a new one! Has anyone tried using the end that plugs into the wall from their Expression to see if that will work (at least until you receive a new one in the mail)?
melissaturner1 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:34:12 PM(UTC)
melissaturner1

Thanks Jennfer, tried my expression power cord, still doesn'twork. Will have to wait until tomorrow!
~Wendy-Crafts~ Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:51:34 PM(UTC)
~Wendy-Crafts~

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 350 post(s)
Does the box on the cord have a light on it and is that lit up green?
NancyCorbin Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 6:37:06 PM(UTC)
NancyCorbin

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I have the same problem. I just unboxed mine and attempting to set it up. Hooked up the power cord and NOTHING happens. I was just searching here to see if anyone else had the same problem. I have been one of those on the fence whether to keep it or not. I have had it a week and have been reading all the pros and cons and it seems so many people are having lots of issues and at least 6 have said they are waiting for replacements. I think the power cord issue may just put me over on the "send it back" side of the fence. I do want one, but I can get one in the future (if I return it) and hopefully all the quirks will be resolved. I love my Expression and CDS.

craftykitten Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:05:45 PM(UTC)
craftykitten

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Mine worked earlier this week & now it won't turn on! The green light is lit on the power box but the I just won't come to life!
dragonfly Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:00:55 PM(UTC)
dragonfly

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I received my Imagine last week and it will not turn on. The little green light on the power cord is not on so PC says they will be sending me a new power cord. Have been waiting a week and they said hoepfully I should get it sometime next week. I am just hoping that this is the only problem I will have with it. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

cutebeagle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:13:51 PM(UTC)
cutebeagle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
My imagine arrived Monday afternoon but I wasn't able to open it up until today. I was so excited but to my surprise I could not get it to turn on. No power at all, no green light on the cord. It's so frustrating. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can call customer service. To top it all off next weekend we have a family wedding and a family get together Sunday as well so I won't be able to play with it then either even if I do get a new power cord by then. I'm just hoping that's the only problem with it.
lgibney33d442aa Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:34:15 PM(UTC)
lgibney33d442aa

This beats all. I have had the cricut imagine for awhile but it has less than 30 cuts on it. It stopped in the middle of a cut and now will not turn on. I have hit the reset button and the green light is on the power supply cord. Any suggestions? Angry
lgibney33d442aa Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:35:57 PM(UTC)
lgibney33d442aa

This beats all. I have had the cricut imagine for awhile but it has less than 30 cuts on it. It stopped in the middle of a cut and now will not turn on. I have hit the reset button and the green light is on the power supply cord. Any suggestions? Angry
pvmax3c5bba6e2 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:26:45 AM(UTC)
pvmax3c5bba6e2

My cricut imagine will not turn in at all. U ordered a power cord hope it turns on. I contacted support people and have yet to hear back from them. Mad
CricutGena Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:10:57 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello Everyone! I am sorry to hear that you are all having issues with the Imagine not powering on. The Expression power cord is not compatible with the Imagine, it will not power on the machine. If you are not able to power on the machine a new Imagine power cord should be tried. Please contact customer support at 877-7cricut. If your machine is under warranty we would be happy to send you a new cord. The power cord is also available for purchase on www.cricut.com. I hope that this helps!
-PCGena