Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LindaGibb Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:49:02 AM(UTC)
LindaGibb

Groups: Registered
Bahrain

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What I want to is do is cut out a nestabilities shape, say for example an scalloped circle and using my nestie emboss the edge, that I can do no problem. Then I would like to use an embossing folder to emboss only the centre of the circle.

I did wonder about just put the die cut shape together with the die into the embossing folder but was a bit of a scaredy cat as I didn't want to spoil my embossing folders.

I wonder if anyone has tried this before and if show how did they do and what sandwich they used.

Thanks in advance.

Izzy Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 2:07:50 AM(UTC)
Izzy

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
DON'T DO IT!...BigGrin ...not the usual way with the nestie/card inside the folder anyway - you COULD damage the folder permanently...what you could try is to open up the folder, place your die with the cut shape inside it AND upside down (with the cutting edge face up) on top of the folder, then lay your embossing mat/cardboard shims on top and then run that sandwich through the CB...try both sides of the embossing folder to see which comes out best...hth...I usually use embossing masks, which are just a single piece of thick patterned plastic...

Izzy

Edited by user Friday, March 09, 2012 2:11:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Izzy for this useful post.
LindaGibb on 3/9/2012(UTC)
LindaGibb Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 8:26:59 PM(UTC)
LindaGibb

Bahrain

Originally Posted by: Izzy Go to Quoted Post
DON'T DO IT!...BigGrin ...not the usual way with the nestie/card inside the folder anyway - you COULD damage the folder permanently...what you could try is to open up the folder, place your die with the cut shape inside it AND upside down (with the cutting edge face up) on top of the folder, then lay your embossing mat/cardboard shims on top and then run that sandwich through the CB...try both sides of the embossing folder to see which comes out best...hth...I usually use embossing masks, which are just a single piece of thick patterned plastic...

Izzy

Thanks Izzy for the advice. I did think that embossing the usual way would more than likely damage the folder.
LindaGibb Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:17:48 AM(UTC)
LindaGibb

Bahrain

Just wanted to say thanks to Izzy for responding to my question and pointing me in the right direction.

I had a play today and managed to get the result that I wanted. I thought I would share it with all here and with blogland. Wrote a wee bit on my blog explaining how I did it and added some pictures. Hope it is of some use to all of you.

Here's the link to my post

Also a picture of the final result

Edited by user Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:19:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: add picture

LindaGibb attached the following image(s):
P3250338.JPG