Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5758596061>»
♥Stampmeblue♥ Offline
#1741 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:26:05 PM(UTC)
♥Stampmeblue♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello Everyone in the Castle

Pat --- Sounds like your working along

Jess -- Have a good day a work

Phyllis -- Will like to see all the stuff you make for the store and thanks for the cooler weather.

Deb -- Prayers for Prissy...I understand the pet as being part of the family. Our cat Junior past last December and I still miss him. We do have a new cat named Jack Sparrow and he thinks he is a dog. He chases the you around the house and grabs your leg. He is a real character and he stalks our Lab Lilly. We got him at the SPCA in Long Beach. He is a Maine Coon and is already 16 lbs and he is just over a year old and he is still growing. Yes, I still work at the College and in August 2011 got a promotion to Career Technical Education Coordinator. My parents didn't got to Hawaii this past summer because Hailey had cheer practice most of the summer and they couldn't find the right time to go. So, needless to say I didn't get any alone time. Still going to Disneyland and in fact I'm going tomorrow with a friend here at work (her husband works there).

Dbson Offline
#1742 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:44:49 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Kathy it sounds like your home is as busy as ever. Sorry about the cat, but happy you got another one....I also wondered about your lab.....yippee on the promotion....

Talked to the vet this afternoon, Prissy will be treated for Cushing's, she was in the gray area, a bit below what is the determining number, a low dose of the med, we pick up tomorrow and start on Sat. He sent me info by email to read, I had already found the site and read up on the pros and cons....if we do nothing she could easily develop other health issues....whew, been thru quiet a few tissues today too....Phyllis thank you so very much for helping me understand some things with this disease.....Wink Wink Wink Wink

Fried chicken, baked potato, apple crisp and gravy for supper...put up 6 quarts of sliced apples too...still have a pan full, but wanted to keep some handy, might make a fresh apple cake....hope you all have a wonderful night, I need to get my dessert and finally sit down for a while......
Phyllis Offline
#1743 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:46:35 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello Thursday. Been running around all day, back and forth dropping off DH's truck for service, returning something to M's and stopped by Target. I am looking for a big bowl for my bread to rise in, whew, Target wanted $25 for a bowl, I don't think so. My next trip will be to the dollar store.

Joanne, those toppers are adorable. Wowzer on the cruise, you are certainly making the best of your retirement, of course, that's the way it should be. Yes, Duke Energy is taking over. That's smart of Sammy to wait for DH. Dogs are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Scooter would be scared to death of kids in costumes. We didn't have any last night, didn't really expect any, we don't have sidewalks and it is dangerous for kids to be walking on the road. They tend to favor the subdivisions where they can walk from house to house.

Pat, I bet you are getting sick of all that purging and moving around. The project I'm working on now is not for my store, not sure if I'll do any Christmas holiday items, the fall stuff did not move well at all, everyone wants custom stuff.

Kathy, if you click on the link at the bottom of my post, it will take you to my store. Sorry you lost your cat, new cat sounds like a keeper though. Glad you're still getting in your trips to DL. I bet the girls are keeping all of you busy. How is your Mom and Dad doing?

Deb, you're welcome, hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. I think Prissy will be OK, Cody did not (that I could tell) have any side effects from the medication.

Hello Jess, how was your day?

Gramma, where are you now?

housefullofrotties Offline
#1744 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:54:45 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi everyone. Happy Friday Eve!

Kathy~So good to see you back and it's awesome that you're back to making cards. That's crazy how old the girls are now! I would imagine they keep you all on your toes! Six hours of sleep is not enough for me either but I don't usually get even that during the week! Congratulations on your promotion. Have fun at Disney!

Deb~Glad you made it home safely. Holy laundry. Poor Prissy, I feel so bad. Sure hope things are okay with her. Glad you got some news/information and that Phyllis is able to help you with this. That's very nice that the rental company gave you a break. Is MIL talking about what's going on with her? Thanks on the card!

Renate~Are you feeling better today or still kind of blah? I've been wondering if it's the weather too. I've been wearing my winter coat and mittens for quite some time!! I actually laughed at myself at work the other day. Went to the coat closet in the middle of the day and mine was the only one in there! I get picked on all the time there for being so cold!

Phyllis~Can't wait to see what you have in the store. Being low on inventory is a good problem to have! How is it that we never have enough time to get everything done?? I tell DH all the time that we won't feed the next dog people food. It's so hard!!

Joanne~The toppers are adorable! LOL at Sammy! They are such characters! How fun to be going on the cruise! I bet you'll get some attention doing the cards!

Pat~Hope you're day was as productive as you had hoped. Sure hope recovery goes smoothly for everyone on the coast.

Worked a little on stamp camp today. I think I over prepped again. Our numbers are down a little for a Christmas camp but still a few days for sign up. That's why I hate doing prepping so far in advance but I can't wait until the last minute! Oh well, with this camp and July's extras I'll have enough for my personal cards...or close to it. I'm seriously wondering if something is wrong with me because I am so, so exhausted lately. I'm napped every day this week and it's not made a dent in my energy/rested levels. Sure hope I'm revived by next week when DH is home because doing nothing around the house every day won't go over well with him!! I'll have a short work day tomorrow and I took Monday off so I'm hoping to have camp done by then. I got a good deal at Kohl's today. They had a rotating waffle maker on sale for $19.99 and I had a $10 coupon and 15% off so I got it for a total of $8.91. Don't ask how often we have waffles, let me live in my moment! I stopped and voted today just to get it out of the way. Not real happy with the news coming out of Ohio with their voting machine. Hope it's an isolated incident. Ok, I need to get myself ready for bed and go stamp a few more cards. Have a happy night!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1745 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:41:23 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
good evening everyone,
Joanne, I need to go back and read what the toppers are for, they are very cute. On the cruise, scrapping, I bet that's a new one. Great opportunity to tell about CFS LOL. Your Sammy does much better than ours would when the doorbell rings. We didn't turn the light on. Our subdivision is small and not too many kids, especially little ones.--You're welcome for the barrel. I did not go up on the Zugspitze, the kids were small and us girls stayed in town while the guys went up. The AFRTS camp site is right at the foot of the mountain and the view is beautiful. I looked for the boat on the house but no luck. Will ask my sister.
Deb, glad you are settled in at home, everything washed and put away. Sorry about poor Prissy, but with the meds she will hopefully be better soon. Glad Phyllis could help. Has MIL agreed to treatment? How did she do while you were gone?
Pat, glad you are getting done with the room, did you accomplish what you set out to do? I'm ok today. It wasn't quiet as cold today but windy. I think my winter coat is out to stay. I hear you, if winter goes like Fall started we'll be in for a cold one.--Did Gramma make it to your house? I hope she makes it around all that devastation.
Phyllis, did you find a bowl? Had to laugh, going from a $25 bowl to a Dollar Store. $25 is way too much. You must be tired from all the running around all day.--Did you get an 'A' flier in the mail today? More coupons. If they only knew how many Xmas cards we already made they would bring out the Valentine's Day stuff.
Jess, yes, feeling better. My coat would be hanging right there with yours LOL. I have not gotten my gloves out yet. It will go up to 50+ so maybe I won't need them yet. Sorry you are tired all the time. Too much work and too little sleep. It's hard to just do nothing but sit though. Have a good Friday.
Hello Kathy, Gramma, and Karen. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1746 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:20:44 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening... I am glad to have gotten a lot done today, but it was not everything I had hoped. Main thing is that we voted. Long line, but not as long as before Sandy. Jim said it was 20 mins from parking the car until we got our little sticker. Then we went out to dinner at Applebee's.
I am so sore from moving pieces of furniture, boxes of stuff and going up and down 2 flights of stairs. I just want this massive project to be over. Jim brought the barrister cases up for me and tomorrow I can get them positioned and filled with the things that will go in them. He was shocked at the 2 completely empty drawers in the desk.
I have a plastic grocery bag full of memorabilia that I want to give to the girls. Things from school that they might like to have. Some of it I will scan first and maybe put into scrapbook pages. I will probably have to go to M's or J's and get another large photo box to put some lose pictures in that I need to go through. Pretty sure they are all duplicates, but I need to make sure first.
Renate & Jess, I tend to always be cold, so I can totally relate to the coats and gloves being out.
Deb, I hope that the meds get Prissy on track. I have no clue about Cushings, except what has been discussed here. I guess I will have to look it up.
There was no plan for Gramma to stop by here on the way home, but she knows she is welcome.
Phyllis, I am tired of the purging and sorting, but I am at the point of no return now. Once I get the boxes of craft stuff hauled to my friend's for the sale in Dec I will see a big difference in the spare bedrooms. Jim said with a little luck we can get a lot of junk from the garage hauled off to the dump this weekend as well. Just hoping the weather holds out.

Well, I think I am going to call it a night here and get a fresh start in the morning. I took a couple motrin so hopefully I will sleep good.
#1747 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 12:36:57 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Have a delightful day! What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Renate~Glad you're feeling better. Have a good day at work.

Pat~Hope the motrin kicks in and you slept well. Good job shocking DH!!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1748 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:35:02 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday....wish AL had early voting, sadly we don't so every day next week I have something on the calendar....
MIL has not said whether she will take any type 'treatment' or not....not to me anyway. She did fine while we were gone, home health/bath aide are coming, other son brings her a biscuit almost every morning, Howard called her every evening too.
Good deal on the waffle make Jess, and just enjoy......whether you use it or not, you will have it....that's your story and stick to it....
Pat I hope you can get your purging done while Jim is home to help you. I still need to get in my outside building, but it does not have power to it so daytime is the only time I can be in there....plus we need to get things under control with MIL before I start a major project. Plus I need to cut down okra, border grass and peony....that grass will take a couple of days to do, I cut it down by hand with scissors....I don't like to use the weed eater and have the grass all over the place.
Cushing's is also in people, she produces too much cortisol....that is the nutshell version....it can be much worse and can be caused by the adrenal glands or a pituitary tumor....
Good morning to Joanne, Karen, Kathy, Phyllis, Gramma....and anyone else that might drop in, need to hit the shower, have to make a grocery run, then hair cuts, hubby has to pick up the dogs meds and I need to clean up the m/h inside so we can put it away.....will have to wash it one afternoon next week....later..
Gramma Offline
#1749 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 12:30:04 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hello Castlemates... from cloudy/light rainy State College, PA. Temps in mid-40's.

Visiting with cousins in the area and planning on a shopping expedition to a local toy store that specializes in educational toys. I found it a couple of years ago and love getting books and other items for the DGC. Probably headed home tomorrow after the shopping trip.

OJ has another list of stuff for me to work on and I am dying to use some of the "new" stuff I bought on vacation.

Everyone, thank you for all your concern over our welfare. DS says everything at home is fine. Glad we don't live 200 miles further east.

Hugz,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#1750 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 2:14:57 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Friday afternoon,
Pat, glad you got so much done yesterday and hopefully filled those boxes today. Anything you do will take you one step closer to getting done, so hang in there :)...I have some school stuff from the kids too when they were little. Plan to scan some and then let them have the boxes. It's funny how you and I seem to have saved some of the same things.--I get cold fast and hot fast. If the weather would stay around 70* degrees all year I would be good.
Jess, I don't know about you but I am soooo glad this week is over. Actually I think you are glad too. Hope you get some rest this weekend and some playtime too. Good deal on the waffle maker.
Deb, is it still warm enough to get all that outside work done? Glad MIL fared well during your absence. I read a little about Cushings online. Confusing since it can be a variety of things. Hope med is working for Prissy. Did the m/h get done?
Gramma, glad you are safe. Have a good rest of the trip.
Better think about dinner. I have no idea and no desire to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Will figure out something.
Hello to everyone else.
Renate
Dbson Offline
#1751 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 3:20:49 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Almost supper time, having a salad with my left over chicken.....got my WM shopping done....just about had a heart attack when I heard them asking the owner of a white VW convertible to come to the service desk, I was in the back at the milk and hurried up front, pushing a full buggy.....all I could think of was someone had hit it....nope....someone parked in front of me had a dead battery....he asked me to move so they could get it started....funny thing is the battery was not in the 'back', still haven't figured out why they needed me to move, but as soon as we got outside, someone had gotten it started.....whew...back in side to finish my shopping....
Renate the m/h is put to bed for a while....hubby washed it while I was on a couple errands, I got home and did the inside, put all the 'stuff' back inside....ready for the next road trip...yes it is still warm enough for the yard work, I will probably get some done tomorrow after it warms up...
Gramma glad to know your things on your homefront are well.....safe travels....enjoy shopping....
Hubby picked up the meds for the dog, will start them in the morning....Phyllis she is on 10 mg to start, goes back in two weeks for another set of blood test...
Hello to everyone that drops in, I am off the eat and maybe, just maybe I can hide in my room and work on my Christmas cards envelopes and sign my cards.....
Later....
imnchghere Offline
#1752 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 11:43:18 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I really should be in bed, but I am trying to wrap up a bunch of things. I am not tired anyway. Been a very busy day. Jim sent me an email this am that the lens fell out of his glasses, so he was going to leave work after lunch to get new glasses and could I meet him and bring his Rx. That through my work plan off. I did as much as I could then off I went to Lenscrafters in the Mall. Got his frames picked out and then went to dinner while they were were being made. Went back to pick them up and he could hardly see out of them. They finally determined that the Rx had an error, so they will have to call the DR on Monday to get the corrected version. Evidently when they emailed him the RX the #'s got messed up. They did tighten up his old glasses and they will be ok until they get the new ones made. Lots of wasted time. It was kind of fun walking around the mall. I don't go there very often. Never really have a need.

Sooooo the bedroom didn't get finished today, but I am really close. We have a lot of errands to run tomorrow hauling stuff to various places, but the plan is to get the room done if I can.

I did finish boxing up the cards tonight and they will go in the mail next week. I also posted the new theme. It will be a short one for general use cards. I have NONE on hand. I am going to try to do some quick ones as I am sure the sign up will be low.

Deb, thanks for the insight on Cushings. I hope the meds help Prissy. I am working on my Christmas cards on Mon or Tue at a friend's house. I would like to get them finished, but more so, I am just looking forward to not looking at everything I need to get done here. Just a nice break.

Well, I am watching a movie I have seen a bunch of times. I am going to try to go to bed instead.

Will try to catch up later. Hope everyone has a great day.
Dbson Offline
#1753 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:06:40 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, today should be a bit warmer out so I need to get out and do a few things....next week there is something on the calendar every day, plus 4 doz cinnamon rolls to be baked late Friday for pick up Sat morning....didn't get any work done on cards, I shut down the computer and went to the den....have clothes to iron today too....

Pat hope you got some sleep and today will allow you to catch up on some things. Sorry about Jim's glasses/Rx....they did that one time with contacts....I drove to the dr with one eye covered...I have some general cards to mail you in a few days....need to get envelopes with them and boxed up...should be 45-50..

Hello to everyone that might drop in, I am off to finish my coffee, get some b'fast and head out...I know the birds will appreciate food and fresh water in their bird bath.....
Phyllis Offline
#1754 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:22:09 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy Saturday all. Looks like I'm getting behind.

Gramma, glad everything is OK at home. Hope you had a fun shopping trip.

Renate, I agree with the 70 degree temps year around, and that time in the kitchen. I have bread to make today, well get it started on its first rising.

Pat, what a mess on Jim's glasses. I have never dealt with Lens Crafters but my DS and a friend had some problems with them not getting their prescriptions right. I'll have to check out the new theme. The only cards I have left are Mothers Day cards that were returned since the unit went home, I'll be ready next year though for them.

Deb, wow on 4 dozen loaves of bread. Hope Prissy does well with the help of the meds, Cody is on 30 MG. Scooter took one of his pills one day but the vet said just one wouldn't hurt him. I don't know why Scooter even lapped it up off the floor since he hates pills too, just being a brat that day. Cody spit it out and he thought it was a treat I guess. Hope you get your outside work done, we had frost last night.

Well I need to get busy, I have an order to finish, plus the normal things that need to be done, the laundry is screaming at me, yuck.

Hello everyone else.
Gramma Offline
#1755 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:22:40 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Greetings from chilly WNY... WE ARE HOME AT LAST! Other than two dead mice and the associated smell the house was in great shape. Just the way we let it (minus the dead mice).

Got all the new toys for the cave unpacked. Ready to start making some cards. OJ has a dozen or so projects for me to make as well.

Thanks again for all of your concern.

Super grateful hugz for super friends like all of you,
GrammaWub
#1756 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 5:00:10 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Hope Saturday treated everyone well!

Deb~Glad things seem to be going well w/MIL. Did you get your yard projects done? How soon should the meds start helping Prissy? Nice to have the motor home done and off the list of things to do. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead for you. Hope tomorrow you get to relax.

Renate~I'm always glad to have my work week be over! I really do like my job but in an ideal world I wouldn't have to work outside of the house. You sure get your moneys worth out of that scanner. Very ambitious and worthwhile projects you've taken on.

Gramma~Did you find some things at the toy store? Glad you're home safely and you came home to minor issues. How has DH been feeling? I'm sure you'll enjoy the work ahead of you as well as playing with the new toys.

Pat~Holy cats you were up late! Sorry to hear the eye glass issue through a wrench in your day. Hope you got the errands done today. Was it the shed or the garage that was going to get tackled? Is it done?

Phyllis~How did the bread turn out? Did you get the laundry to quiet down? What a vicious cycle, just doing all the things that need to be done over and over!

The usual here. Stamp camp prepping, did some cleaning, the last load of laundry just shut off so I need to fold and put it away. Then it'll be back to stamp camp. I've started on the third card so I have high hopes of finishing it sometime tomorrow. This one has wet embossing so it'll be a little more work for the kits. I also treated myself to reading a book! Best get back to work. Sweet dreams!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1757 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 7:41:39 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday morning, a wet one here so far.
I see Jess is still prepping stamp camp, good luck. When is your hubby due back?
Phyllis so far so good with the meds for Prissy, I think the thyroid meds are finally out of her and she is getting a bounce in her step again....even doing a little barking at BIL when he brings MIL b'fast. Oh it is only rolls I am baking, not bread....would take forever to get 4 doz loaves doneBigGrin, especially since I have thrown out some of the worn out pans....need to pick up a few more mini loaf pans.
Gramma happy you are home, your scrap cave is ok and eventually the stinky mice smell will go away. Glad you didn't have weather damage....how is your hubby's back?
Morning to everyone that drops in, I need to get a check written, clothes out and get ready for church. Need to run by the funeral home at 1, had a former church member (they had moved to B'ham/to be close to kids) pass away last week...he was such a kind, sweet man....very sad....91 years of age....
Later....

Edited by user Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:04:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#1758 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:17:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Sunday afternoon,
Pat, sorry about the glasses issue, what a waste of your time. Hope all will be well with them tomorrow.--You'll have so much fun working on your cards with a friend. I have a friend who I sometimes go to A's with but she works on an album where I usually to something for the CFS cards. I want to go sometime soon and work on a kit I bought there.
Jess, I see you are enjoying your me-time designing cards and even allowed yourself reading time - good for you. Tomorrow will be here too soon.--Yesterday I copied my scanned stuff on the flash drives and now the papers are ready to be shredded. My printer/scanner is great for this never ending project, hope to be done some day. Thanx for the words of encouragement!
Gramma, sorry about the dead critters but glad you are home. Have you introduced yourself to your cave again? DH's back ok?
Phyllis, caught up on the order, laundry done and all the other stuff on your plate?
Deb, glad to hear Prissy is feeling a little more frisky. Does she no longer need the thyroid meds? Sorry you lost a dear friend. At least his wife is near her family.--I never knew anyone who wore out baking pans. But you bake all the time and it was time for new ones. Did you find what you were looking for?
I got up early and had an additional hour from daylight savings fall-back. Busy morning. I am done with the soldier Xmas cards. 3 big boxes full plus some goodies. Still need my note, dh will do the addresses/labels and tomorrow they will go to the PO (I hope). I did a little shopping and am cleaning up my OMG room this afternoon. Spaghetti and Italian sausage will be for dinner and banana muffins for whenever.
Renate
#1759 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:52:20 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good evening!

Deb-So glad Prissy had a good day. Hope she has many more. Brad will be home tonight. Lita is going to go insane when he gets here! Sorry about the death of your friend.

Renate-Hope you get to plan an A's getaway soon! How did the cleaning go in your room? I'm hoping to get my Thanksgiving cards designed this week but you know what sometimes happens to plans!

So for now I am ready for stamp camp. Holy prepping this month. Looking forward to the day off tomorrow. I plan on staying up late watching football!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#1760 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 7:36:36 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Been running around again today, of course DH was with me the first time so you know how that goes. Had to return something to Walmart that DH bought, never send a man to do a woman's job, LOL. He was going there and asked if I needed anything, so I told him I needed a big bowl, he came back with a cake pan (thought I could use the lid but it had a handle on it and would not sit flat). I did find one there, he just didn't know what to look for I suppose. I went back to Kohls and bought 2 blouses, I had 2 $10 off, got the blouses for $1.81 a piece. They were marked down from $30 to $12 plus I had a 15% coupon also.

Deb, my bread would not rise, I had started another starter due to the other one not working. I think I know what happend to this one but still don't know about the other one. Today I started another using another recipe, just flour and water, we'll see. I'm determined to get a good starter. I did put the recent one in the oven with the oven lights on thinking it need a little more warmth than room temperature, but I think it got over 100 degrees which (from what I've read on the internet) can kill the starter. Good thing I have that 25 lb. bag of flour, LOL. Hope Prissy does well, have they taken her off the thyroid medicine?

Jess, you will be one sleepy puppy tomorrow, LOL, hope your team wins.

Renate, some of the chores got done, laundry but can't seem to stay home long enough to do the rest. I have to go to the PO tomorrow and mail my CFS cards and my recent order. Then Tuesday voting, which won't take too long I hope.

Gramma, have fun in your play room. Glad you are home safe and everything is OK on the home front.

Hello to Kathy and Joanne and any others that might drop by.

imnchghere Offline
#1761 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 11:05:15 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

hello everyone.. I have tried twice to post the past 2 days and lost both posts, by accidentally hitting the backspace button when the cursor was in the wrong place. Frustrated both times and just didn't feel like starting again.
The spare bedroom turned office is pretty much done. Or as done as it is going to be for now. I need to come up with a curtain plan, as the afternoon sun causes a glare on the computer screen. Right now I have roman shades which will do until I come up with something else.
Jim got the yard cleaned up again today. I worked on the inside. I offered to help, but he said he was ok. We are supposed to have a rainy nor' easter this week and I think we are ready. While in the yard he got his foot caught on one of the raised veggie beds and fell. Bruised his calf pretty bad. He is ok, but he had to keep moving to keep from stiffening up. He is going to work from home tomorrow to give it some healing time. I am going to my friend's to scrap a while.
We also put the bike in the craft/multi purpose room. I can watch tv while I ride. Not as good as being on the deck, but it will have to do.
All the holiday cfs are ready to go in the mail. Phylis, I have some Easter cards that came too late to send last spring. I also have Valentine cards that someone sent with their Christmas this year. Other than that I have NO general use cards. I do have some one sheet wonder cards I worked on during the summer that I am going to try to finish up. I will just need to get some sentiments to go on them.
Renate, that is great progress on your scanning. Jim has been doing a lot of papers and then shredding them also. I have a stack of vital records from my research I need to get done.

Well, I can't remember what all else I read, so I will just say hello to everyone and I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for whatever Monday brings.

Dbson Offline
#1762 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:39:23 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, hope and pray we will get some decision making information from the oncologist this morning, I plan to run some errands after the appt, but will let you know what the dr says when I get back to the computer later today...yesterday was a bad day for her...I am not quiet sure what I can do to help except what I am doing now.
Pat sorry about losing those posts, have fun today making cards.....I posted a couple pics of what I am sending you, there will be a few odd and end ones to finish out two packs of 25. Most will be like I have posted. Sorry about Jim's fall, sure hope he heals quickly.
Jess enjoy your off day.....hope your team won..
Phyllis sorry about your starter/bread...hope this new starter will do good for you too..I have lots of bread to get baked this week....
Hello to everyone else, I need to get a shower and get my errand list made....never did work on the checkbook, so that is one my list for tonightBored Bored.....later.....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#1763 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 8:32:55 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Morning Castle,
Seems like everyone is whirling madly around - and it is only the beginning of November.... I cannot see it slowing down for a long time either !
Gramma - glad that you made it home safely. It sure was nice seeing you again. Boo to the dead mice. At least they were dead and not running all over the place. Have you gotten to play in your cave? Hope the mice didn't visit in there....
Deb - how is Miss Pris doing on her new meds? That pic on FB is too sweet. It must be hard to ever say NO to those big eyes! Sorry to hear MIL had a bad day. I think you are probably doing all that you can for her. Hope the Doc can help make her make some decisions. Sorry about your friend. I would have freaked if I heard that message in WM. Glad it wasn't anything serious. Of course I would have been with umpteen other people at the service desk since I drive a gray Honda like everybody and their brother!
Renate - I am with you on always being cold. I keep jackets in the car, in Paradise, in Paradis Annex cuz I am always chilly. The cake toppers are for DGD#2's birthday. She is having a cake decorating party and all the kids are getting hats and aprons as favors...
Jess - Are you feeling better? I see one of your teams won this weekend. Neither of my teams played this weekend, but I always find a few to watch! Sounds like you are buried in card parts.
Phyllis - Sorry the fall items didn't move as well as you had hoped. Is it too much of a hassle to do custom work? I would guess it takes longer....
Pat - Grrrrr to the wasted day with the Jim's glasses. At least you got dinner out! If you ever decide to part with those barristers I will gladly take them off your hands! I love them! Hope you get what you need to get accomplished on that ever expanding To Do List of yours today.
Hello to Kathy and anyone else stopping by.
Working on my list of stuff for the cruise. I have seen other people working on scrapbooks etc. And there is a even a scrapbooking cruise that leaves out of Tampa in Feb. some day we will go on it! Oh BTW the ship we are sailing on is the Valor. The theme of the decor is "heroes" and there is a huge mural of Rosie the Riveter on the lido deck!!!! Photo Op for sure 😃
Joanne
Gramma Offline
#1764 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 10:00:20 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Greetings Castlemates...

The paper has been flying in the cave... we (DH and I) put the little cabinet together yesterday. It is the one we bought at the IKEA store in Orlando. Works just perfectly for my 8 1/2 X 11 papers and my laser printer fits on top. One project and 7 cards completed.

DH went and picked up our held mail this morning and behold there were packages with paper, stamps and "how to" books in there (can't imagine how they got there) LOL

Deb, I hope Priss is feeling better. "Egad" on the WM call! Hurrah's for clean, ready to go Motor homes! Hope your MIL gets the help she needs from the medical community. What's cooking in your kitchen today?

Pat, another storm doesn't sound like fun. Maybe you can find a tropical island channel on your craft room TV to watch while you ride. I have no room for Joanne's barristers she's keeping at your house, but I know they're fabulous. I missed scones this trip but "I'll be back!"

Phyllis, it sounds like things are on a roll in Ohio. I hope your business (both bread and retail) perk up for the holidays. Great job with those coupons!

Joanne, I had a great time at Violette's with you and Barb. I hope we can do it again sometime when you come to visit in Erie.

Hellos to Jess and Renate and anyone else I've missed.

Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#1765 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 11:25:31 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Finally home after pages and pages of medical info to fill out....I really like the dr, she was very thorough, but she only does chemo, so Thursday they have an appt with the radiology oncologist to see what he thinks, then may add chemo. If she does nothing, it will continue to grow, invade organs, bones, etc and will be a very painful time. They are giving her some pain meds to help, she isn't in terrible pain, more uncomfortable, but it has grown even more since last time I saw it...sad, just a sad situation. Be back later...
Dbson Offline
#1766 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 3:56:27 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Back to catch up if I can. I didn't get off to run errands until 1:30 and only made 2 stops. Tomorrow or Wed will be my big errand day.....
Phyllis good deal on the blouses....I got a light weight jacket this afternoon, tried to save more $$$ but you could not use the coupon on outer wear, so I just used my senior discount, $10 total spent.....
Joanne Miss Prissy is better, she has been a different dog these last few days, especially off the thyroid meds.....she is barking, wagging her tail, goes outside with hubby.....much improved. Have a wonderful cruise....one of my scrap friends had sent me an email about one a couple years ago....guess it was just a 'scrap/craft' type trip....I keep a jacket or two in the car, never go anywhere without one...
Pat I mailed my envelope with cards today, taped a couple $$ to one baggie....with the things we are facing here, I may have to skip the next theme....hope you had a fun day today....
Gramma glad you got the cabinet put together, get those projects done....how is the smell today? Those pics are so sad....such a tragedy that will take years to recover from.
Jess hope you enjoyed your day off....
Renate how was work for you?
Kathy did you make it to Disney?
Hello to anyone else that might drop in.....
I opened some biscuits, made gravy and we will have a scrambled egg with that for supper.....going to take a little time for me tonight......today has been a very stress filled day for us and I don't see it getting any better. Sad but the truth is they can't 'cure' MIL, so all that can be done is to do the best we know how....
RGK Offline
#1767 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:04:03 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle,
Jess, what fun thing did you do today on your day off? Did you stay up late to watch football? Happy to see the Colts win. They played their hearts out for the coach. I bet you're glad your stamp camp prep is done. I'm still cleaning my room, but it looks much better, for now. Hope to do my 'A' getaway soon. They're having a Holiday Open House this weekend, you know where you can find me and my coupons...:)
Pat, sorry about the posts. Hit one wrong key and it's gone. There should be a way to get it back.
Hope Jim's better, first his glasses, now his mis-step. Tell him that's enough LOL. Glad you can cross one room off the list. I'm maybe half way done with the scanning. I save it all on 3 different media. I know some files got mixed up over time but that's another project. I just want to make sure it's all saved in case my PC ever decides to crash again.
Phyllis, great deal on your shopping trip. Sorry about the bread starter, hope the second one is better. Now I see why your hubby got the big bag of flour LOL. Did your cards get mailed today?
Deb, what a day this has been for you. Sorry you have to wait yet again. Glad today's dr was good. Hope she and Thursday's dr can come up with a plan of action that MIL is willing to follow. --Work was good.
Gramma, glad all is well at the homefront and your cave was happy to have you back.
Joanne, I can tell you are getting excited about the cruise. Sounds like it will be a fun one. Scrapbooking cruise, wow, they cater to what ever brings travelers. When is the b'day party? The toppers are very cute!
I made it to the PO after work woohoo. DH did his part addressing boxes and filling out paperwork. The lady at the PO smiled as always. She always goes the extra step b/c of where the cards are going. The boxes weighed almost 40 lbs together and I had to use my dolly to take them inside.
Karen and Kathy, hello to you.
Have a good rest of the evening.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1768 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 9:57:09 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening from the land of pending storms.. sigh~~~~
Had a good day cropping at my friend's house. I was the only one who showed up, offered to skip it, but she said "no stay and keep me company". So I worked on my cards and we chatted for 5 hrs. It was a nice day. I really enjoyed myself.

Deb, I am so sorry for the news about MIL. I will keep her in my prayers as well as you, Howard and others involved. Thanks for the cards and if you need to take a beak, I understand. Glad to hear that Miss Prissy is feeling better and acting more like her old self.

Renate, you are doing well on your scanning project. It is kid of like my purging. One of those projects that just take a long time.

Phyllis, I hope you can get the bread starter going again. I should start a new one. I haven't made anything but quick sweet breads for a long time.

hello to Gramma, Kathy, Joanne, Jess and everyone else I missed. I am going to head to bed and start again tomorrow. I will be working on the family room and all the scrapbooking stuff that is stashed in there. Hope to make a pot of hearty soup in the crock pot for dinner. It is going to be hearty soup weather for the next few days.
#1769 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:35:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Election Tuesday! Hope everyone has a good day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#1770 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 9:45:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. oh my it was cold when I got up. Now I'm taking a break to have some early lunch and thought I would stop by the castle. Everyone must be busy and or out voting. Really glad I was able to do early vote.

Today I am working on the family room purging. This is where a lot of the scrap booking stuff got pushed to and now it is time to go through it and get it off to new homes. Be it the trash or charity donation or the sale in honor of one of my crop friends, it all has to go this week. The longer I have to deal with all of it, the easier it is to make ruthless decisions. I look at some things and think "seriously.. why??" Just get rid of it.

I am trying to decide if I want to do the one last crop for this year on the 17th. I was thinking I could probably work on general use CFS, since I have nothing else really ready and no time to prep page kits.

Well, there went the washer, so I am going to get loads swapped out. Be back later...