Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5859606162>»
Dbson Offline
#1771 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:44:25 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning.....we voted, home to leave Prissy and pick up MIL's grocery list, out to WM....hubby went in with me which helps a lot....have three loaves bread, 3 pans cinnamon and one small loaf of cinnamon almost baked,then two loaves of the 'new' bread is rising....still need to run a couple errands, think I will go back for the shirt I didn't get yesterday, this store has a 50% off one item when you show your 'I voted' sticker...that is if I can get all this bread done....
MIL seemed quiet upbeat this morning, she is asking for us to get a sitter for her at night, so we have a couple names to check out....we won't be able to sit out there 24/7 so someone at night will really help us out.
Hope everyone has a great day, need to check the last of the bread so I can hit the road.....later....
Phyllis Offline
#1772 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:54:15 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. It seems Ohio is going to be quite the center of attention tonight, a lot of the major networks are camped out in Cincinnati, particularly Hamilton County. I'm not in that county but its next door.

Deb, hope you will have some help with MIL, I know it's not an easy road ahead.

Pat, you sure have been busy, glad you were productive.

Gramma, I had to LOL at the sight of paper flying in your cave. Glad you like your new cabinet.

Joanne, post a picture of Rosie when you return from your cruise, that should be fun.

Renate, I have been looking for a dolly type thing to carry my CFS boxes to the PO, I usually have to carry them in tote bags because they do get heavy.

Jess, hope your day went well.

Hello to Kathy and anyone I may have missed.

Dbson Offline
#1773 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:20:31 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis my friend was telling me about Ohio being in the news....I was surprised there were no lines, my friend was there about an hour before us and she said no one in front of them....

Supper was a pizza from WM, probably not the most healthy meal but quick....did get my new shirt for $9.34 using the voting sticker.....by another store for some cake mix/icing on sale, home by the neighbors to drop off a loaf of bread....found out she had knee surgery, then reaction to the meds to wash out the knee, then a reaction to the meds to stop the first reaction....didn't see her, just dropped it off with her hubby....

Better get my laundry out of the washer and get another load going......later....

Edited by user Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:17:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#1774 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:25:12 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello everyone,
Pat, those hours spent with friends doing what you like to do are great. Glad you had a good time.
My scanning project goes in spurts, I have to be in the mood for it. You sure are determined to get the purging done. Having good places to drop the items off helps. How did your pot of soup turn out? Perfect for this time of year.
Jess, how was your day at work?
Deb, busy lady as always. Good deal on the 50% off. Glad MIL wants the night time sitter. Seems the perfect solution. So nice of you to drop off freshly baked bread with your neighbor.
Phyllis, Ohio is an important State, they were saying on the news. I'm just so glad that this is all over with now. Not watching the news, I'll find out soon enough what the results are. We went voting after work, no line at all.--The dolly is from Costco from a while ago. Not very big but it really helps with those packages or moving books and things around in the house.
I'm moving a few things around in some of the totes in my OMG room and other than that just taking it easy.
Greetings to the rest of the castle and good night.
Renate
housefullofrotties Offline
#1775 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:34:50 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
A middle of the night hello to all. Today would have been a good day to stay in bed with the covers over my head. Hope everyone else has a delightful day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#1776 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:49:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
**snow** in the forecast for today. Not a lot, no more than an inch, and who knows where in the forecast area it will be, but it is there just the same. Not what I wanted to wake up to. I should have watched the weather channel last night instead of the election returns.

Renate, I really did enjoy hanging with my friend. Usually there are 2 or 3 others and one of them is a conversation monopolizer, so it was nice not to have so many conversations going on.
I did count the bows I had finished and there were 16. I need 50, so I am going to have to work on those.
Phyllis, I also use a dolly for my boxes. I forget where I got mine, but it is very sturdy and the wheels fold in as well as the handle extends. Maybe I can take a picture and post it. I have wheeled as many as 4 or 5 of the large priority boxes on it which would be about 50-60 lbs. I can't remember where I bought it.. maybe Costco.

Speaking of boxes, I am off to the PO shortly and then the grocery. When I get back home it is back to the family room, after I get the herbs on the deck situated.

Hello everyone... I will check back later
Dbson Offline
#1777 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:57:07 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, long sit at the drs office, even though they got 2 pans of cinnamon rolls, 2 loaves of bread and a 1/2 dozen rolls to snack on at work....the nurse knows how bad I hate sitting in the waiting room....then off the HL, Bed Bath and Beyond, Arby's for some lunch, curb market and home.....then I went to the credit union to get my Christmas Club out so I could get my ideas together. I saw a card with trees on the front, you fold the money in the shape of a tree...that might be my decision this year if I can find the card again.....hubby is going drop off a Rx for me and get his shingles shot shortly.....supper will be left over pizza.......
Hope everyone has a great day, election ads are over and I am so happy for that...
Later.....
RGK Offline
#1778 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:07:50 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hi. Jess hope your day went better than it began. Were you just tired or not looking forward to going to work?
Deb, do you take something to read when you go to the dr and have to wait? You could even take a lapdesk and work on some cards, LOL, like Joanne will be doing on her cruise. Are you going to make the 'tree'cards for the grands for Christmas, if you can find them again?
Pat, did you get some of that snow? Glad your one on one visit was so enjoyable. What project are you making the bows for? Any progress in the family room?
I had a long day at work and am not getting much done here. It will be an early night.
Hello to whoever might stop by.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1779 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:22:11 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening .. sure was quiet in the castle today. I didn't get much done except a PO trip and short stop at the grocery. I tried to do a little more sorting/purging but just couldn't get a handle on it. I know I need to take a break from it periodically, but with the holidays coming quickly, I can't afford to take too many.
Deb, I am with you on not missing the political ads, not to mention the phone calls. I did notice one of our local loser's banner still up this morning near the PO. Not sure how much time they have to get them down. It is on the corner of a vacant lot.

I think I saw the money tree card you mentioned. I think I will probably be doing a lot of gift cards/cash this year. In fact M's will have iTunes gift cards on black Friday. I think $25 for $20. That would work good if I can get my hands on some.

I need to be tying little bows. I think I will also make it an early night.

Renate I see you just popped in. The bows are for my Christmas cards. As for he family room, I am still trying to go through the scrap stuff in there. Maybe tomorrow I can make some headway.
#1780 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:37:20 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! I hope everyone is having a good week. I need to figure out how I can get more hours into each day because I'm sure not managing things well the last few days! We'll see what today brings, hope it's productive for everyone else. Time to go to work, I have millions of mouths to feed.Wink Sad

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1781 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:39:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, apt cleaning day, probably be a bit later since MIL has the radiology appt at 9:30.....sure hope today they will give us more info on what will happen....

Renate I got rid of about 150 emails on my phone.....I am a people watcher when at the dr's office so reading is out of the question....I am always amazed at 'who/what/how' people go out in public....

Pat I have to say I saw one Board of Education person taking down his signs....meant to make a post on FB that I appreciated seeing 'him' do that....I know that signs get put up where they don't know they are but I like to see it 'all' down...and the roadsides cleaned up.

Jess I hear you....too many mouths to feed.....in fact I am still sending out resumes....haven't heard from them, but at least I am trying....

Hello to everyone else that stops in today, if hubby gets back in time/I am done cleaning in time, we may go out to lunch....if not, my house work starts, then tonight will be mixing up bread dough for the cinnamon roll order....hope to be able to bake them late tomorrow so they will be extra fresh for Sat morning....

Have a great day, I am out of here......

Edited by user Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:02:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1782 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:54:20 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. well I am off to a better start today, so maybe I can see productivity today. I forgot I wanted to take some chicken out to thaw last night. I've pulled a couple crock pot recipes from pinterest I want to try.
Deb, I am with you on get the signs down and clean up the sides of the road. I think the same supporters that put them up, should go back and take them down. And I agree on people watching. Always makes me feel better.

This morning, I am trying to finish up some sorting piles I created yesterday. I emptied out the 2 drawers in a rolling plastic cabinet. I am not sure if I want to keep it. The drawers will hold the hanging folders and those would work for research papers. BUT.. original plan had been to get rid of it. So I am going to give it some thought today. At any rate all the scrapping stuff in it is either trash or donation, so it is going to be emptied.
Then it is back to the family room, where I have about 6 or 8 shipping boxes (about the size of the 12/12 iris boxes full of scrapping stuff. I am sure I can put at least half of it into the donation boxes. I know when I am able to haul off the donation boxes (maybe Saturday or Sunday) and the charitable p/u comes on the 14th, I will see a huge difference in all the rooms I have been working on. I know you are all tired of hearing about this project.

Deb, I am praying for some answers today. This is the hardest time I would think.

Time to get busy here. Hello to anyone who stops by.

Phyllis Offline
#1783 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:23:26 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good morning all. It's been a busy couple days here. I don't know where the time goes.

Deb, are you trying to bribe the staff at the Dr's office with all that great food, LOL? Hope things will work out with MIL. My new bread starter seems to be going well, we'll see.

Renate, I looked on line for a dolly type thing and found something that looks pretty good at Sears for a real good price, may go to the store and see if they have it there. Hope your work day is going well.

Pat, did you get any snow? The East coast does not need anything else to add to the problems. Glad your day is starting off good. I may put that rolling dolly/cart on my Christmas list, never thought that would be something for my list, LOL. My DH would love to buy me tools.

Jess, I agree on the million mouths, be sure and work extra hard, LOL.

Hello to everyone else, I need to get busy on an order and maybe some laundry. I need to change the beds.

Gramma Offline
#1784 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:03:34 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from cold but sunny WNY. Unlike the downstate people there is no snow. The weather is certainly different... we always get the snow first. Nor'easters aren't that common.

Getting back to the routine. Got a few cards made for CFS. Need to start a project for OJ. Does anyone have the plate recipe for sissix "dies" in the cuttlebug?? The ones I'm referring to are the metal backed with foam dies. I cannot get those dies to cut through a sheet of cardstock. I haven't tried plain paper but that would defeat the purpose of buying them...

Pat, I am so jealous of your ability to follow through on your projects. I'm one of those "when the going gets tough, I get gone" people. Let us know how your crock pot recipe turns out. I have a crockpot coffee cake going right now. Apple streusel.

Hellos to the rest of the castle Queens.

Hugz,
Gramma
imnchghere Offline
#1785 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:48:37 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon... I am happy to report the day has been very productive so far. Came to a halt on the top floor, so I moved downstairs. Hoping Jim will be able to provide the muscle I need when he gets home from work. I tried to move the ficus tree, but I don't have the height or strength. I did work on the 2nd spare bedroom as much as I could. Eliminated one box of paper. It will all go to dgd Madison's class for art projects.
No snow here from the recent storm. It was not far enough inland to reach us. Unfortunately I have friends and family in NJ, NY, CT & MA that were still w/o power and had damaged homes from Sandy, who got snow and/or rain.
Gramma, thanks for the compliment. I really have no choice, but to keep persevering on this project. I need the space that all this clutter is taking up. And the fact that I had/have good outlets to take it all to is an opportunity I can't ignore. Glad to hear you didn't get snow either. Crockpot coffee cake sounds interesting.
Phyllis, I use my cart a lot. I think I originally bought it to use at crops. I like that it folds flat, but sometimes I do have trouble getting the wheels to fold out and the base drop down. But it sure does make getting the cfs boxes easier to haul into the PO. I too have laundry going. It is the last load. Thinking I might wash all the holiday linens this weekend. I am hoping to get rid of some of them. I have enough for several families.

Dbson Offline
#1786 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:03:41 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, hubby and MIL got home about 11:15 from the dr visit, Stage 3, he feels that he can shrink it some with 6 weeks of radiation, possibly enough for her to have surgery.....if that is an option later....she has a CT scan on Monday then see him again next Thurs. That it all we know for now...

Our plans for lunch didn't happen....so guess we will try another day next week.....

I see Gramma is busy on those projects.....Pat is still purging away......Phyllis has found a dolly for her boxes...

I am working on some cuts for cards....bought paper with pears, apples and squirrels (all different sheets of course)....will do fine with the apples and squirrels....would you believe not ONE piece of green paper I have matches the pears....grrr.....oh well....might have to do some inking around the edges......later.
#1787 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:17:41 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello to all! I'll see if I can do a quick catch up!

Phyllis~Great deal on your blouse the other day. I love good deals!! Have you gotten your bread issues resolved?? I did work extra hard, so many are depending on me. Wouldn't want to let them down, make them have to re-adjust their lifestyles.Glare

Pat~That's great that you can mark the spare bedroom off your list. Hope you enjoy the new office! Is Jim better from the yard attack? Sounds like you had a nice time with your friend. You deserved that break! I saw Sam's Black Friday ad and they will have an itunes 4 pack, $25.00 each for just under $80.00. It might also be good online through them. Happy bow tying to you! How'd your chicken turn out?

Deb~So glad you're getting some answers regarding MIL. Even if it isn't the best news you can at least start to deal with it all. Will keep you all in my prayers. Good deal on the jacket and shirt! Great news that Prissy is doing better. I just have to say it really sucks that you need to be looking for employment. These are supposed to be years for you to enjoy not for you to go back to work. In all honesty, I bet you could make some good side money doing baking for people. Just on the side through word of mouth. Good luck though.

Joanne~So when does this cruise leave? Are you ready? Maybe you're already on it! I enjoy watching most football too. I'm so bummed about hockey. I think their season needs a RIP sign.

Gramma~Sounds like you're happy with your cabinet! Glad you had some good stuff in all that mail! I'll look for a recipe sheet for the sizzix to CB stuff and will post a link if I can find it. I have a copy but that's not going to help you since it's been too long since I posted a photo on here!! I'm 99.9% sure that SCS has one.

Renate~I did a whold lot of nothing on my day off! I think, at least! I honestly cannot remember! I was glad that stamp camp prep was done until the other demo accepted two late signups on Tuesday night. The same mother/daughter that have signed up late the last two months.
So I have to take it back out tomorrow and cut some more. I like to have just a little extra in case someone makes a mistake. That's some heavy boxes of cards!

So, I'm pretty sure you all know how I've been doing! The fact that tomorrow is Friday makes me happy and I took next Monday off as well. In fact, last week was my last full week of work for the year. I work 19 more days in 2012. Those days will be packed full though. Hoping to get to bed early tonight. Maybe a good nights sleep will improve my disposition! Sweet dreams!

Jess
#1788 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:02:19 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

So, the MB isn't letting me login from my Ipad anymore. Grrr.

Gramma~Try this link...

http://www.splitcoaststa...t214770.html#post4505306

Jess

RGK Offline
#1789 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:17:58 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hello everyone,
Pat, woohoo on getting so much done. Like you said it helps that you have some good places to donate all the craft things to. I'm sure the recipients are thrilled. Once all the boxes are gone it will look better and will keep you motivated. Sorry your friends got caught by Sandy and the snow and rain after that. I'm sure the pictures of the huge piles of debris don't show how bad it really is. So sad for all the people who were affected.
Jess, I could use a few of those extra hours myself. I'm off Monday for Veteran's Day, we'll probably go to Applebee's just down the street. They are one of the many restaurants who honor our Veterans, dh enjoys the free meal and special treatment.--Glad you gave yourself some free time. Yikes to the constant late sign-ups. How inconsiderate.--I bookmarked the link you gave Gramma, it looks like a helpful chart - thanx.
Phyllis, glad you found a dolly you liked. Mine does not fold, but the handle extends. I got it when we moved a few years ago and I had tons of books etc to bring into the new house. I think it holds about 50lbs which is ok.--My work day was busy as always. I look forward to the weekend.
Deb, I thought the same thing Phyllis said about the bread and the dr office, but it did not seem to help you LOL.- Glad you have a plan of action for MIL. Better than waiting and worrying. I hope the rest of dh's family will pitch in too.--I agree with Jess about the employment situation. Shouldn't have to worry when you worked all your life.
Gramma, glad you settled back into life at home.
Hello to everyone else....Renate

Phyllis Offline
#1790 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:55:53 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good evening everyone. Just finished making brownies for DH, he has been asking for them all week and I keep forgetting BigGrin .

Gramma, glad Jess got the CB plate sandwich for you, I use my Big Kick most of the time and have not used those dies you are talking about for a very long time. I have bought some Memory Box dies that are fabulous, so delicate and cut beautifully.

Pat, don't you hate it when your strength as a woman puts a halt to your plans. I run into that a lot. Hope Jim was able to get the tree moved for you. Reminds me of the song High Hopes, ant moving a rubber tree plant, excuse my weird sense of humor. I didn't get the bed laundry done today, it seems one little thing after another pulls me in another direction. Since DH is home all the time now (too cold for fishing) he gets in my way (not saying that in a bad way) but I think you all know how that is.

Deb, hope the radiation will do what they want it to do and if surgery is an option, that all goes well. Is she feeling OK? I agree with Jess and Renate, you shouldn't have to be looking for a job. I hear you on paper matching, bummer. I am going to post a few cards on the sign up thread later, hoping to inspire some new people. I appreciate that you posted your cards.

Jess, woo hoo on the 19 days of work, this year has passed so quickly, only 2 weeks til Thanksgiving. Hope you can have some fun time while you're off. I will be trying my new bread Saturday, crossing my fingers. I was having trouble yesterday getting on the MB from my iPad too but also trouble getting on FB too, so not sure what was wrong.

Renate, I thought the dolly would be good for moving things around in the house too, the one I looked at on line had good reviews, holds up to 150 lbs. Give your DH a big thank you for his service, he should get the special treatment everywhere. I thank God for our veterans.

Hello Joanne, Kathy and all others who may drop in.

#1791 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 1:38:46 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#1792 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:38:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... going to be a sunny day with do-able temps. Will be like this through the weekend. In fact we could even see 70 one day.

Today I need to make arrangements to drop off the boxes of crafty stuff for the Dec sale. I need to get them out of my living room. I don't have to do it this weekend, but it would be nice. It can be Monday. I just need a day & time. We have the electronics to haul away also, but that can be done first thing tomorrow morning or even on Sunday.
Phyllis, I do hate it when something comes to a halt because I need help. Jim did get the tree out to the deck when he got home last night and since there is no precip in the forecast it is ok. I had 2 of these 8' ficus trees in my shop and for 13 yrs they have collected dust in the house. Time for them to go.
I am going to continue working on the scrapbook stuff today. I would also like to work on the fabric. Oh and more of my tiny bows. Guess I better get off the computer and get busy.

Gramma Offline
#1793 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 9:33:31 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Thanks for the chart link Jess! I'll keep trying, but maybe my cuttlebug has lived its ninth life and would like to retire. Is it time for me to get the "Big Shot?"
Hugz,
Gramma

Hi everyone!
Dbson Offline
#1794 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 11:27:00 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday.....I had a nice long post earlier, thought it posted.....oh well....got 6 dozen cinnamon rolls and 3 loaves of bread in pans by 9:45, dressed and we took a little ride to see the leaves...oh my goodness are they beautiful....trying to get them from 2 cameras to the computer.....
Jess enjoy those short weeks....I don't really have to go back to work, but I won't be able to draw SS unless I get 4 more quarters paid in....or have my Medicare payment in 5 years come from it...which means my pension check will take a big hit....
Gramma I think the Big Shot is an excellent idea, I love mine....I had thought about buying the bigger version, don't remember what it's called....have fun.....
Pat glad you are able to continue the purging....it will be worth every minute when it is done....I need to get in my bath cabinets, clean/paint and replace the stuff...the walls and outside of the cabinets can be painted later....but need to see what is going on with MIL before I tackle any big projects.
Phyllis glad you sweetened up your hubby with the brownies....Howard loves them too, with nuts and icing.
Hello to Renate, Joanne (who is probably enjoying the ocean blue), Kathy and Karen.....and anyone else that might drop in....I have the 3 loaves of bread in now so I better check....may work on a couple rooms this afternoon if I can find the cleaning fairy to help meBigGrinlater....
Dbson Offline
#1795 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 11:35:56 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Happy Birthday Jess, hope your day is a great one......
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#1796 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Afternoon Castlemates
Last check in before we leave on the cruise. Bags are all packed and in the car and I know I am forgetting something.....
Gramma - I sent you an email on another link from Pinterest on different sandwiches for the big shot and Cuttlebug. I couldn't figure out how to do it on here. If anyone else wants to see it - it is on my "techniques" board or I can email it. I am actually switching to a cuttlebug because I use it mostly for embossing and it is more compact. I still have the big kick (under the guest bed!) just in case!!!!
Deb - will be thinking about you and yours. Hopefully a plan of attack that MIL can accept will be formed soon. Have you found a green paper yet? I think it is one the harder colors to work with. It can "go bad" real easy!
Jess - yay on only 19 or 18 days left of work this year. Do you still get a paycheck? All those dependents of yours will be mighty hungry.... Great for more SC sign ups but so late again? No football for a week :( Maybe DH and I can find a bar on the ship that has the games. FSU played last night so I don't have worry about tomorrow.
Phyllis - I hadn't thought of that song in years!!! Sorry about having DH under foot. Nice thing about FL I can still send mine off to the golf course several times a week. How is your bread coming along? I got a KA catalogue in the mail the other day and I thought of you and Deb!
Renate - have nice lunch at Applebee's. I am wondering if the ship will be doing anything special. I was on a plane on Veteran's day one year and they let all the vets off first. Many thanks to your husband and all the other veterans in the castle.
Pat - I sure hope you will be done with all this cleaning business of yours by the time I get home! Your house is going to look so tidy when you are done. I am assuming your ficus trees aren't real? Or are they going to live out on the deck?
I will "see" you all when I get back I guess. I am not sure about Internet service. I think it is rather pricey on the boat and don't know how many places have hot spots...
Joanne
BTW. FL still hasn't finished counting all the ballots. I know it doesn't make any difference now but this paper ballot thing is just ridiculous. It is not the 1700's.....
imnchghere Offline
#1797 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 2:26:13 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon .. what a day it has been. Lots of interruptions, limited progress, but the sun is shining. I tried to concentrate on only the craft items, as I need to get them to the gals running the sale. I am delivering everything on Sunday, which will improve the living room. I will try to work some more tomorrow, but would rather see if we can make a small dent in the garage. The weather will be good and I really would like to take advantage. So we will see how it goes.

Deb the pictures of your drive were beautiful. Our color was pretty much over when Sandy blew through and took down a lot. My cousin had posted pictures from her area (Charlottesville) and they got more color than we did.

I just knew that with the limited dates available for family activities there were going to be conflicts and the first one showed up today. It is a cookie exchange that we all look forward to and it is the same day we were doing gingerbread houses, which also happens to be Kristen's birthday. Not sure if we can juggle everything. We almost always do the gingerbread and birthday together.

Well, I need o scrape something together for dinner and see if I can deal with a few more things before Jim gets home.
Hello to everyone else.
Joanne, yes the ficus trees are fake. Have an awesome cruise. Hopefully whatever you forgot is not that critical.
#1798 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 4:08:29 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. Hope Friday was happy for everyone.

Renate~All Veterans deserve that special treatment. Maybe you should see if you can find a free breakfast somewhere too! Make a day of it! Enjoy your day off with DH.

Phyllis~I'm sure DH appreciated the brownies and I know exactly what you mean about them getting in the way! I'll cross my fingers for your bread too! Time sure does go by fast.

Pat~Sorry your day wasn't as productive as you had hoped but glad you get to clear some stuff out on Sunday. Bummer on the scheduling conflicts, hope you're able to figure something out to get them all done.

Gramma~You're welcome! I love my BS. It isn't as portable as the CB but it's so much sturdier andthe handle turns easier (my opinion, of course!). I keep the CB at the chateau so I don't have to lug either around. I also have the Epic 6, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. Hope you're day is productive.

Deb~Way to go on all the rolls and bread. I love going to look at the leaves. That was a long time ago for us! Oh, I understand the work situation now, that does make a big difference. Still wish you good luck!

Joanne~I hope you remembered everything! Yes, all my days off will be paid by holiday pay or vacation pay. I'm a vacation hoarder and usually use most of it at the end of the year. I hope you find that bar and football! The Packers have a bye this week. We need it because the players are dropping like flies!

I got out of work early today and ran a few errands. Took a nap when I got home and then made a crumbcake for camp tomorrow. I did wake up (this morning) to an email from the other demo that someone was changing from attending to a kit, glad we got notice rather than her telling us the day of. Went through camp stuff again and think I have an idea for my family Thanksgiving cards. My sis is coming for camp tomorrow so we're going to shop a little in the afternoon after camp. The rest of the weekend is mine to watch football and get some cards made. I'd like to get a head start on next months camp cards but I have no ideas yet. Quiet evening here. Hope everyone has a good one.

Jess
RGK Offline
#1799 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:16:34 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Friday evening,
Phyllis, so nice of you to make DH's brownies. Mine keeps hinting at more banana muffins. He keeps telling me that there are 2 bananas left in the bowl and they are about ready to be made into muffins. What did I start when I made them the first time?? It will be Sunday before I will bake.--Your dolly sounds like a winner, yes it can be very helpful.
DH said to say 'thank you very much' and 'you're welcome' (for his 21 yrs of service).
Jess, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Glad you are planning a relaxing weekend, well part of it anyway. Enjoy, especially your visit with your sister.--There are several restaurants that do the Veteran's specials. If dh wants to go have lunch too, we'll go.
Pat, hope you'll get to do all you plan for this weekend. How much do you have to do in the garage? Glad you are not only purging but also moving it all out of the house. I don't blame you for getting rid of the trees. They look nice but are major dust catchers.
Gramma, I've had my CB for years and it works great on most things but it does not work well on intricate designs, like some of my Spellbinders and Sizzix etc. The Big Kick does much better on those.
Deb, I say you had a busy morning baking all those goodies. The (FB) leave colors are beautiful. Our Brown County is famous for the Fall colors. I don't think they did well this year with the heat and drought all summer. I'm going to Nashville tomorrow and will see for myself.
Joanne, enjoy the cruise and have a happy and safe trip.--I agree, we need to honor our veterans every day, I know there are more ladies in the group that have dh's, other family members, friends who are veterans. Thank you to all of them.
Time to get the laundry finished...happy evening to all. Renate
Dbson Offline
#1800 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:38:52 PM(UTC)
Dbson

A big THANK YOU to all the veterans......many don't understand what they sacrifice....
thanks for the picture compliments....my windows are tinted so a few were a bit dark, we did stop a couple times and I rolled the window down....we may go southeast one day next week and see how those leaves look..
Renate you aren't far from me in Nashville....about 4 1/2 hours.....how long will you be gone? Banana muffins, I haven't made them but I do love bananas...
Jess hope SC is good, enjoy time with your sis....
Joanne I am sure you are already logged off but enjoy.....no green paper yet....may have to go to plan b.
Pat keep on purging....bet you are tired of hearing us say that oneLOL LOL LOL
Cable issues for several days now, even before we went on our trip....local number was always busy so I sent an email...they replied it was on 'our' end to call CS, so hubby did...they tell him it is widespread troubles and are being worked on....he tells her what the email said.....I mean really....who is right? That is one reason I don't have my phone or internet with them....you can't talk to a live body half the time. Ordered envelopes Sunday night online, got the confirmation....well no package as of this afternoon....I call and they were checking into my order, she would email me (my choice over a phone call), never got one, so they are sitting somewhere with the USPS or they never shipped....if they don't arrive tomorrow I am going to call again Monday (guess they will be open)....have never had a problem with an order.....
Hello to everyone else, I am off to rest a bit...got half the house work done, will pick up first thing in the morning and will be an all day affair for me...either the mop, vacuum or duster.....night....