Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7374757677>»
RGK Offline
#2221 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:45:06 PM(UTC)
RGK

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening, just got home from the dinner theater a little while ago. We saw "Arsenic & Old Lace", great show.
Pat, woohoo on your 5m bike ride. How many cards are you making? Will you post some for us?
Gramma, glad you didn't have to stay. 2 weeks is a long time. Hope your blizzard has stopped. I vote for DH putting his tools to good use, hm, let's see, he could build you a cabinet for your CDs.
Phyllis, you typed faster than I. Yes, we are getting the same snow that is heading your way. As a matter of fact, there is snow in the forecast almost every day next week. Sorry about the glasses expense, but what can you do if you want to see?? Glad your arm is better.
Jess, happy weekend to you, I know you'll be in football heaven.
I'm not sure if I mentioned that I will be off next week. DS and family came to Indy today, staying with her dad, tomorrow to his sister and Sunday here. Grand will be 6 on Monday. Tuesday night a Pacers game (Monday night was sold out). Looks like DGS is taking after daddy, he's turning into a little sports fan.
I need to do laundry, cleaning etc tomorrow, no head start today. I don't know yet what the snow will do to my normal Saturday shopping. It's the only chance I get every week!--I feel much better today, staying home that one day did good.
It's way past my bed time, so I'll say good night to all. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2222 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:41:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. supposed to be getting some light snow later today (no accumulation) and then more chances of the same for the next few days. This is getting old. We are also going to be really cold.
Phyllis, I hear you on the cost of glasses. Mine are the no line bifocals, which makes them more expensive. I do try to get the lower cost frames though. I used my last pair 3 times, so really got my monies worth there. Thank goodness we have excellent insurance.
I should make yeast rolls instead of loaves of bread. Thanks for the idea.
Renate, the cards I am working on are simple spring CFS. Simple cuts I do for the grands to assemble. I do have a card I saw on a blog, that I want to try. I just need to find a pretty dbl sided pattern cs though. It will be got personal use though as it is quite involved. I will share it and the blog.
Gramma, glad you missed being on jury duty. Jim was called for a high profile murder case, but they got enough people out of the pool that he was excused. He had to report for several days until they got enough though.

Today I need to go photograph a couple headstones for Find a Grave. (volunteer group). It is a small church cemetery, so I hope the stones are easy to find. Will have to bundle up as it is only 16* right now and NOT getting a lot warmer. Jim is going, so he can help look.
Also need to pick my superbowl team. Being a CA girl, it should be the 'niners, but the Ravens are the home team. Maybe I will root for one the 1st half and the other the 2nd. Confused

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm.

RGK Offline
#2223 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:49:20 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good afternoon,
I did venture out today. The roads are ok, it's been light snowing on and off all day. 27* now, a heat wave LOL.
Pat, you gave me a good idea a couple of days ago, using up some of the paper scraps, punching out shapes for later use. I think I'll do that with some of my scraps, I use a lot of circles and squares as bases for sentiment tags. I did it before but forgot all about it again. thanx for the reminder. I like that you do it so your grands can help, especially since it is for our troops.--Looking forward to your blog card. Did you get the cemetery project done?
I'm doing laundry and other household chores. Jim and family are coming over in the morning, then go to my daughter's house for the day and come back to us Monday. I think I mentioned I am off this coming week to spend time with them.
The dryer buzzer just went off. I might come back on later. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2224 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:50:37 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning... it is cold with more light snow in the forecast. None of these snow falls are resulting in much accumulation and are dry snow, so sweep-able. I may venture out to the store later to get a few things, but I might just make do with what we have.
Renate, I also use basic shapes for sentiments. In fact I have a pile of squares and rectangles with curved sides that I should stamp on. I just need to find some stamps.
I have 2 loads of laundry to do today. I also have to make sure I have everything for the cards I will work on tomorrow. I don't like to haul too much if I can avoid it.
What is everyone else up to today? I might turn the game on later just to see the commercials. Then at least I know what people are talking about.
housefullofrotties Offline
#2225 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:06:10 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning! I'm a bit behind but will try and do a quick catch up!

Deb~Thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I had some magic words to ease the hurt.

Renate~Lucky you to have the week off! I'm glad you're getting some family time. Good to see you are feeling better.

Pat~Good job on the bike! Hope you were able to get everything together for tomorrow. It's alawys nice to have someone to chat with while working on cards. Hope you found the stones you were looking for.

Gramma~Glad you made it to and from jury duty safely! Two weeks would have been a long case. Another vote for DH to make you the cabinet.

Phyllis~Yummy to the rolls! I could do a meal just with them! Glad you got your glasses, they are a necessary expense.

Friday we went up to GB to pick up Brad's new rifle. He's so excited! Yesterday I cleaned most of the day and read a couple books, today I have to run to the store and I'm meeting friends for lunch and then the big game. I haven't started prepping for camp so I need to get in my room since it's two weeks away. Not ready for another Monday but it's going to come anyway! I put Kalua pork together yesterday so that'll be ready in a few hours and Brad can snack all day (after I get the buns!) Guess I better get a move on, things aren't getting done on their own! Have a nice day!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2226 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:35:58 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good morning,
quiet in the castle this morning. Pat, sorry about the snow, but it looks like we're stuck with the weather pattern for a while. It will get milder here later this week, and wet. Do you have your stuff packed for tomorrow? I hear you on not wanting to take more than you need. Go easy on the house hold chores.
Jess, hope you get all your must-do's out of the way so you have time for the fun stuff. Are you going to watch the whole game tonight since you get up so early for work tomorrow?
We haven't heard from DS yet but I'm sure we will soon.
I wish everyone a happy Sunday.
Renate
Dbson Offline
#2227 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Evening, a busy day here with the family....Austin liked his money roll box....got a few pics, sent food home and everyone was happy. I am pooped....but ran to Dollar Tree while I had time, not sure what the week will bring....hubby talked with the unit nurse and she said someone will be in contact with him tomorrow...we must get some help of some kind...it can't continue as it is....
Maybe I can hit the bed early....later......
#2228 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:58:30 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Renate-I am still up and was planning on staying up but this game delay may change that. The alarm goes off at 1:20 tomorrow!

Deb-Glad everyone enjoyed the day. Hope you get a good nights rest.

Hello to everyone! Sweet dreams! Woohoo Ravens!

Jess
#2229 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 12:36:59 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello everyone! Holy crap am I tired! Fingers crossed for a speedy work day for me, please!! Hope it's a good one for you!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2230 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:54:15 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, hubby has been on the phone most of the morning, some things are in planning at present.....
Phyllis Offline
#2231 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 11:27:41 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. Very quiet in the castle today. We had a very fast snow storm today, which I got caught in. I was sliding all over the place, almost hit another car. I was so glad to get home. Someone went off the road in front of our house, hit an electric pole and took out our mail box. His transmission fluid or oil or something was all over the road. All this happened and we didn't even hear it, found it later when DH went to check the mail. Evidence left behind looks like someone was traveling way way too fast on these slick roads, or someone playing around in a 4 wheel drive. He had to have had a 4 wheel drive or he would not have been able to get out of that ditch he was in. There was some snow in our forecast but not this heavy and fast. I was in the vet's office when it started. Scooter broke a toenail yesterday that was bleeding. We wrapped it and put neosporin on it. Vet says it has to stay dry to prevent infection, he is in a cast like bandage for a few days.

Deb, hope everything is working out with MIL issue. Glad family day went well.

Jess, I was thinking about you last night during the game and the delay and whether you stayed up to watch it. Hope you are getting some rest tonight, well at the time I am writing this, you are probably up and getting ready to go to work.

Renate, I think you got this snow before us, hope you made it home OK.

Pat, how did your crop to today?

Guess I'll get off here and get to bed.

#2232 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:39:30 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello everyone! I hope Tuesday treats you well!

Phyllis~Yikes! So glad you made it home safely. Someone's lucky after hitting that pole. Hope you're in dreamland by now!

Jess
Gramma Offline
#2233 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:32:24 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates.... great news... we had sunshine for at least half an hour this morning before the clouds rolled back in. It was great while it lasted.

Working on some CFS cards... general use cards until I read something different. I tried my hand at a few funky watercolors yesterday... definitely "funky"...rhymes with stunky(?)LOLL

Deb I hope things are going better.
Jess, glad you liked the "day after" puppy on FB.
Phyllis, "OMG" for that driving experience... those slick spots can sneak up on you in a hurry. Glad you're OK. Sorry about the dead mailbox though.
Greetings to Renate in snowy Indiana... you've had a lot this year compared to other years haven't you?
Pat, we still haven't made up our mind if we're headed your direction this weekend or next. DD has a 4 day weekend next week so we may wait. She said they have a spot of snow in their yard.

Off to finish..
Warm wishes and hugz to all,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#2234 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:46:09 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good afternoon everyone,
Jess, short night watching the SB, hope you got caught up on sleep. Happy MOW to you.
Phyllis, you had a scary outing. Glad you got home safely, ice is the worst. Bummer on the mailbox. Hope the driver wasn't hurt but should have stopped at your door to pay for the damage. It wasn't too bad here. Is Scooter's toenail healing? Poor thing, they don't like messing with their feet.
Deb, how are the plans coming along? Glad something will finally be done.
Gramma, wow you got 30 minutes of sunshine. Glad you didn't blink and miss it. We only have about 18" snow this winter, which is average. It's just so annoying, almost everyday we get some. It's been cold too, I think today we are actually going above the freeing mark. Last year we had almost no snow, really mild while we had the SB. What's 'normal' anymore??
We have DS and family here. Had 'Christmas' and DGS's bday all rolled into one yesterday. It has been over a year since we were all together. Tonight we are going to see the Pacers game, they are playing the Atlanta Hawks.
Hello to everyone stopping by. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2235 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:14:31 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Tuesday evening, things are the same so far with MIL, took hubby up today to get her insurance cards, etc that were carried up on Friday....he talked with the nurse this morning, she knows 'where she is', but I don't know if she knows the 'why'. So we are still in the holding mode tonight, she might be there up 14 days, hubby is mentally drained since Friday, caught up with him yesterday and today....I have most of my scrap stuff in the car, all but food and goodies I made....those will go in Thurs am. I am leaving about 11 to go by M's, those floating frames are calling my name.....hope they have them, otherwise we will make a trip to another one soon.....four bowls of bread rising tonight for retreat bread, plus bread for hubby to carry to the dr's office....
Phyllis glad you got home with no wreck, dumb people knocking down your mailbox....sorry about the pup's nail, hope it gets better soon....
Gramma sorry the sun didn't last long enough to melt your snow (I am a$$uming you have snow still)...
Hope Pat had a fun day yesterday with friends.....
Renate boo on your snow....are you still liking the new sofa?
Jess sorry about your crappy week....hope tomorrow will be better....
Hello to everyone that might drop in, I need to find something to eat before it gets too late....spelling bee in the morning for Austin so I need to be up early, bread in pans and head out....hubby is going to wash my nasty SUV tomorrow and get it half way decent for my trip......
Have a great night.....later.....

#2236 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:37:19 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! Have a super day!

Gramma~Enjoy any little bit of sunshine that you can get!!

Renate~Hope you're enjoying your time off and all your family time.

Deb~I'm going to say I hope for the 14 days... I'm so sorry you and DH have so much to deal with. I can only imagine the mental/emotional distress. I'm glad you have a weekend away to look forward to.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2237 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:55:20 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good early morning.. it has been a busy last few days and I feel like I have done nothing.
Deb, I am so sorry for all you and H are going through. I hope the retreat is relaxing for you. I have a feeling when the time comes, my Mom is not going to be an easy one also. She has already made some things clear to my sister and I.
I had a good time on Monday. We had a new lady join us and that was fun. She seemed to fit right in. Next get together is Mar 4th. That is the week of my 3 day crop, so I am sure I will just be trying to make sure I have any last minute kits together for the crop. Might even just work on cards.
Gramma, I think you asked about what is coming up next. Probably will stick with general use for a while, but Mother's Day would be a good choice and your cards are always cute for the kids as well.
Phyllis, glad you were ok after your *ice capades*. Black ice scares me to death. We were in an accident many years ago from ice.
Renate, I hope you are enjoying having dgs around this week. Even though our grands are close by, we don't see them as often since they are in school.
Jess... I hope you have a good MOW day.

I got up early this morning because I couldn't go back to sleep. Going to try to be productive today and get some housework done. I see piles starting to develop, so will deal with those before they get out of control.
Make it a good one everyone.

RGK Offline
#2238 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:40:25 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good morning everyone, just a quick fly-by, I hear everyone here waking up. I'm not used to sleeping in but that's what I'm doing this week. We went to see the Pacers win last night, great night out.
Glad to see that everyone is doing well. Pat, I'm sure you will get back into the routine in no time. Good you took a short break and had an enjoyable Monday with your friends.
Deb, continued good luck with the MIL problems, 14 days should be enough time for all to get the best arrangements worked out. I'm sure you and DH are drained from all the stress. Hang in there.
Yes, we still like the couch.
Jess, happy MOW day, hope you are doing well.
Have a great day everyone. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2239 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:43:00 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy MOW to you all......managed to get 13 loaves of bread in the pans before I had to leave for the spelling bee, second batch cooking now....will be a busy day with the ovenBigGrin BigGrin

Austin missed his first word this morning, he was pretty upset too, but he wasn't the first one to go down, 4th-8th grades (total 33 kids) so the older kids had a few years on the youngest....but to make it that far is great. Today he is 10, birthday present is a basketball game tonight at Auburn with Alabama...

Hubby talked with the hospital this morning, waiting for nurse to return a call, called lawyer's office but they are all out for the day, just as well....hubby wants me to go with him so maybe next week we can get things in place....

Pat glad you had a good play day, don't let too much pile up, you will be purging again if you doLOL, sure hope your mom won't give you troubles.....I am so happy we have all our papers in order, kids have copies, know where everything is, I do not want to be a burden on them...they have their own lives to live.

Jess hope work treats you good today....we are also praying for the 14 days too.....

Renate glad you enjoyed the game.....are you taking the week off?

Phyllis did your hubby get the mail box back up? Is the pup's nail better?

Saw where USPS finally decided to save some money and stop Saturday delivery, should have done that years ago and they wouldn't be in financial trouble, my opinion....

Gramma it is sunny here today, a bit cool...

Joanne when is your cruise?

Wish I had time to pull weeds, the grass is taking over but not getting warm enough to put out any type of killer.....

I best check the bread, we are determined to make it to church tonight, missed too many Wed nights as it is....Gracie is doing great, sleeping in her kennel, only peed one time in my bath on the rug last week, so she is learning...at least that rug is washable......have a great day, later.....
Phyllis Offline
#2240 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:04:13 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Another quiet day in the castle.

Deb, I can't imagine making 13 loaves of bread. Sorry DGS missed on the spelling bee, he was disadvantaged with the older kids. Hope everything works out for MIL. Scooter is still wearing his foot bandage but it comes off tomorrow, poor thing, he just can't figure out what is going on even though it doesn't slow him down much. Vet says these things heal fast.

Renate, I hate to sound sports illiterate (but guess I am, LOL), but what are the Pacers? Hockey? Glad you're having fun with your family.

Pat, sounds like fun at your crop. Our snow is almost gone, a bit of warm up today. I am glad I didn't have a long ways to go on the slick roads, about 4 miles but that was enough to scare the hebbie jeebies out of me.

Gramma, haven't heard your weather forecast today, LOL. The person that took out our mailbox obviously wasn't hurt since he left the scene, I hope he/she is OK. DH put the mailbox back up but it's just a temporary fix until weather is better. A few ruts in the yard to be fixed at some time too. Good luck on the watercolors, I have never been able to master watercoloring but I see some beautiful work by others.

Jess, hump day is out of the way, hope you have a quick next two days.

Got my new glasses today and was having some problems but the Dr. said the prescription changed a lot this time, different in both eyes, so I should be able to adjust in a few days, it's already adjusting some.

Hope everyone is having a good night.

#2241 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:31:54 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone has a productive, fun filled day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2242 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:46:28 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. this will be quick. Just wanted to wish Deb safe travels today to the retreat and I hope you have a relaxing, productive, fun time. I can't imagine making all that bread at pretty much one time either, but then you are a pro. I am lucky to get 2 loaves sometimes.

Hello to everyone else.. I will be back later to catch up.
#2243 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:41:54 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello...it's me, the one waving the white flag! I surrender to old man winter, mother nature, whoever it is that is running the weather show! I am so, so sick of snow and cold and wind!!
So how is everyone else doing??

Pat~Glad you had a good time on Monday. Did you get a lot done? I see you have another play date to look forward to!

Renate~Good to see you had a nice time at the game. Even better that you could see a win.

Deb~Holy cats on the 13 loaves of bread! Great job to DGS for getting where he did. Yesterday was my moms bday too, she would have been 69. Hard to believe she's been gone so long. Makes me sad. The USPS will find another way to waste money. I did a half laugh/groan when I saw your comment about weeds (because I'm covered in snow!)!!

Phyllis~Good to see the bandage isn't slowing Scooter down. On Tuesday one of my friends went home from work and one of their dogs had jumped over the baby gate (cuz it was knocked over) and must have gotten stuck in it because she lost a toenail (blood all over). Poor things, that's got to hurt. Renate hasn't been on yet...Pacers = basketball! Oh sure, rub it in about your snow almost being gone!! Hope you've adjusted to your glasses.

The usual here. Tired. Lazy around the house this week. I did cut a little paper, but didn't make a dent! I'll work on stamp camp all weekend. Was supposed to get together with a friend on Saturday but she needs to take care of her dad this weekend. Then Brad thought he was going to skip sturgeon spearing because the ice conditions are crappy so we were going to go shooting. Now he decided he's going spearing. So I've been ditched two times for the weekend and the weekend isn't even here yet!! Have a great evening!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2244 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:23:32 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello again. It's been a beautiful day here, over 60 degrees but for one day only, Crying . I gave both dogs a bath today, took off Scooter's bandages late last night and he licked that paw for an hour. His toenail has grown over the split, I was totally amazed how fast that happened. The bandages were probably causing it to itch. He was a little sick this morning, not sure what that was about but OK now. Cody just goes on about his happy little way even though he is 12 yrs. old. He always gets frisky after his bath. He hates a bath so not sure why so frisky, I guess he's just so glad it's over with.

Jess, I can't blame you for being sick of the snow/cold/wind. Today I was so thinking I would like to sell and move south, maybe Florida. I haven't mentioned it to DH yet but I'm sure he would not agree, or maybe he would. I would hate to move so far away from family but I am sick of winter also, getting too old to spend so many months inside, I need to breathe some fresh air. Sorry you got ditched twice for the weekend, you can sure tell what comes first with these men from Mars.

Pat, hope you had a good day. I see your area is in store for some bad weather. You wanna go to Florida with me?

Deb, guess you're at your retreat, if you get a chance drop in to see us.

Hello Gramma, Joanne and any other guests, we are a friendly castle.

RGK Offline
#2245 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:06:46 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Thursday evening to everyone,
Deb, enjoying the retreat by now, glad you are getting the time away to recoup. Yes, I am taking the whole week off. One more day, and I better get used to getting up in the middle of the night again.
Phyllis, 4 miles is way too long to slide home. I don't know if I'm more scared of driving on ice or the nuts around me. I see Jess answered your question. Pacers is our professional
basketball team. They are playing pretty good this year. If you have a sports question just ask my just turned 6 DGS, he can probably tell you LOL.--Hope you'll adjust to the new glasses quickly. Glad Scooter is sporting a healed toenail.
Jess, good grief I don't know if you're coming or going. I guess the last plan change is for DH to go spearing and leaving you ditched again. Hope he lets you know if he changes his mind again LOL. Seems like you have a busy SC prep weekend ahead now that you know you are staying put. Don't you always get lots of snow/wind/cold temps in the winter? I would be tired of it too. Wait a minute, I'm tired of our scaled down version of your winter too. Today we had beautiful mild weather but tonight we're getting rain and then a little nasty stuff. Have a great Friday, may the time go fast for you and slow for the rest of us.
DS and family went to her dad's house today. They have tried to divide their time here between all of us. They are going home tomorrow. The house is so quiet again, most of the laundry is done and the guest room put back together.--I've been working on making a simple quilt from all the bandanas Moses has come home with from the groomer over the last few years. He always looks so cute, and I've been saving them. This was on my to-do list, and tomorrow I can cross it off.
I hope everyone is doing ok. Hello to all. Renate

#2246 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:36:36 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Have a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2247 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:56:02 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Quiet in the castle. I spent the day working on cards, both personal and for the troops.
Ended up not getting any snow, but the winds have kicked up a little. Family in CT and MA are getting hammered. They have been able to keep us updated via FB which has been great.
I hope Deb is having a relaxing, fun, productive time at her retreat.
Jess, I see another storm is heading your way. I guess you will be hunkered down inside working on SC kits.
I think I saw that Gramma's neck of the woods might have gotten some snow, but not sure.

I hope everyone else is keeping warm and safe.

RGK Offline
#2248 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:55:51 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, it sure is quiet in the castle! Hope everyone is doing well.
My DS and family left yesterday. They were here for a week, dividing their time between all the family members. It's been hectic. I have to go back to work Monday.
Pat, glad you got to work on your cards. Do you remember the big 'binder' I have and take with me when I go shopping? It has my scrap inventory in it, all stamps, punches etc. Well, I finally got all of it scanned, only thing left to do is put it on my tablet. It was a bit of work but so worth it. I can easily add 'new' stuff as I buy it. I'm so glad this is done. I haven't done too much else today, just a little shopping and the rest of the laundry. I think I'll make a cup of tea and then decide what to do with the rest of the evening.
Glad your family is weathering the storm alright. What a storm it is!
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2249 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:38:02 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening......long day of keeping up with the storm reports from family (Jim's) in NE. OMG, the pics they posted on FB were mind boggling. Beautiful, but a LOT of snow for sure. We were able to get most of my list taken care of. Just have a few things left, but I may be able to knock one out before I go to bed.

Renate, I do indeed remember that binder. Your tablet will be so much more convenient. I need to put a bunch of research files on my cloud storage, which I can access on my tablet when we travel. Just a matter of finding time to make folders and do it. You know that old story.
I saw on FB that Deb did a zip line. I would be so afraid of that. I am a wimp.
Hope everyone else had a good day in whatever kind of weather they had.

Gramma Offline
#2250 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:23:15 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from chilly Maryland castle. We drove half-way down Friday and got here Sat. morning. DH was exhausted from driving through steady wet snow the whole way so we stopped in Breezewood for the night. It's chilly here today.. I think I heard 18 degrees, but no snow!

Phyllis... I really want to go south too! You've read about me wanting to do that for a couple of years. Family always keeps us where we are. Not an easy decision, but I totally understand your desire. We are definitely moving south if we win the HGTV Dream Home. (ROFLMAO) I might when we win the big lottery too! I need enough to be able to fly the family up north in and out on a regular basis. Phyllis, glad to read Scooter is better.

I wonder if all of Deb's bread is gone by now. 13 loaves is a bunch of bread! I hope she's having a relaxing joyful time at her retreat/crop. I hope H doesn't spoil little Gracie to bad while she's away.. Ha!

Jess I hear you on winter... I miss seeing the sun and blue sky the most.

Well, off to spend time with the gang..

Hugz and warm wishes,
Gramma
PS:
Hi everybody I missed Wub