Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5455565758>»
Nancycs Offline
#1651 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:08:33 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I posted the pinecone ornament on my blog!
rm920 Offline
#1652 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:30:06 PM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nancy, the pine cone ornament is so cute. I know the parents will really enjoy them. And there were probably easy enough for the little ones to do a lot of the process themselves. Hope your storm isn't too bad. By mid morning the wind had stopped and that made all the difference. Not sure how much snow we really got as it was blowing so much. The worst was that we had rain before the snow started so the roads were slick. The sun this afternoon melted most of it but it will probably re-freeze over nightMad And yes I did do to work today. I just took it slow and careful and gave myself plenty of time.

Lizzy, loved the pics of DH, Ruby and the grand pup! Hope the girls don't have any weather problems and all make it to your home safely.

Paula, hope the rain doesn't turn to snow/ice - that is what is so bad.

Oh, just about forgot to post this! I am watching a country Christmas special on TV and the were singing my favorite Christmas carol - Oh Holy Night - and I had to stop and listen.Smile

Pat, how did the wrapping go?

I made some Chex mix and whole wheat snickerdoodles tonight. Want to try a couple more things tomorrow evening or this weekend. I want to have a box of goodies to send home with everyone on Monday.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1653 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:41:50 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Rhonda, glad you made it to work and home safe. I am afraid we are in for what you got but who knows how bad. They canceled a bunch of flights in Chicago today. My friend's hubby was supposed to fly in from VA and it was canceled. He said the next flight would be Monday, what??? So he is driving, yuck!
We got a whole lot of rain today, everything is soaked so if it does freeze tonight like they are saying it will be a mess. The wind is really picking up, I can hear it howling. If you don't hear from me tomorrow it means no power. I sure hope that doesn't happen.
Lizzy Offline
#1654 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 1:25:13 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Ohhh, Paula.....it sounds like your winter storm is coming in. I hope you don't lose your power, especially with coming up on the weekend. If you do venture out, do be careful!

We are having a lively political discussion here...which I hope will be the only one this vacation, but I doubt it. My older daughter and my husband often lock horns over this type of thing.

Tomorrow, we are going to take Sarah's dog to our vet as his vet in Houston said he has a heart murmur. They said a variety of other things, but then said they would not do any more testing of him for several months. She is concerned about him and we suggested she get a second opinion from out vet here who is one of the best vets in the county. (She tends to be an extreme worrier.) I also want to get the packing boxes tomorrow and then I want to do the present wrapping. Otherwise, I don't have plans. If I can get Sarah to work on her books, I'll drag the wrapping stuff upstairs and wrap gifts at the same time.

I think our weather is going to warm up and stabilize for a few days, but by Christmas, I think it's going to be cold and rainy. I love the cold and rainy....I'm really sick of the sun. I know some of you probably think I'm crazy, but really, how much sunshine can a person tolerate?

I think tomorrow evening, we'll have an enchilada casserole we bought that is frozen. We also bought some broccoli to steam which we can have to go with that.

Alright folks....take care....stay warm....drive safely!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1655 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 7:38:29 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Doing a little happy dance this morning!!! :) Not a flake of snow!!! The wind is howling like crazy but the snow missed us. When I flipped on the TV this morning it pretty much said we got snow but .... nothing. :)

And Lizzy...as far as sunny days...you can't have too many!!! This is coming from a girl that lives where we can go weeks without seeing it. I did not realized it until my SIL was here once and she said "I have been here 11 days and haven't seen the sun yet". hmmm.... People here buy special lamps to get their sunshine fix.
Sorry about the worry over DS's pup. It sounds like a great idea to get it checked out by a vet you trust so she can know what is going on and go from there.
I do agree with you about rainy days though. I like them too. I guess that's one think I like here, the change of seasons keeps it interesting.
Wow, I just read what I wrote and am feeling a bit scattered...

So, today DH is off and I didn't realize it until he told me last night. He worked last weekend so he gets today off. I would have planned my days a bit different. I bought a bunch of food yesterday that I need to prepare. I want to make chicken pot pies, meat loaves, lasagnas, beef stew and maybe brocolli soup. Tomorrow I am the travel companion for the girls tour day so I will be gone from before 7 until around 8 at night. It will take care of that day.

I have found a bike on the BC yard sale site that we want to look at. It's not the brand DH wants but we may check it out.

What is everyone else up to today??
imnchghere Offline
#1656 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 7:57:26 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening...been a long day, but that is good, because I can use all the extra hours I can get.

Paula, glad you ended up with no snow. While it is beautiful most times, not so when there are things to be done. We have had the howling winds here and they will continue through tomorrow. Cuts right through to the bone. I had to go out this morning to make a society bank deposit and mail some member pkts, as well as a personal bank deposit (different banks). There were minimal waits, so I was able to get back home quickly.
I worked on wrapping the few last gifts. Can I tell you how much I despise those molded plastic boxes for toys. So hard to wrap and I didn't the right size gift bags. I refused to buy any, because I am using up the wrapping stuff I have on hand. In fact I have enough for next year also I think. I am also making do with tags and ribbon.

Did you get all that food prepped? Seemed like a lot of kitchen time. But you do it often. Probably comes easy.

Nancy, I think it is great you are going back to school. Especially if it is for your work field. I had not realized Riley was leaving before the New Year. What a wonderful experience for him though.

Lizzy, hope your vet can come up with some answers for Sarah's pup. I saw the picture you posted of Terry and both dogs. Appears the pups get along.

Rhonda, how are things going in your neck of the woods? Did you get the baking done? I quit. We have enough food to feed a small army. And I have other things to get done. Not as much decorating as I thought I would do, but I had to draw the line. I will get rid of some things when it is time to put it all away.

I need to cut some vinyl letters before I go to bed. I am hoping to call it an early night. Lots to do tomorrow and I will have Jim to keep me focused.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1657 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:20:36 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello.

Didn't have internet or cable for about 30 hours. :(

Today was tour with the girls, good day. :) Tired though, don't think I will be up much longer.
rm920 Offline
#1658 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:14:46 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Paula, sorry you had to survive so long without internet and cable! Glad you made itBigGrin How did the tour with the girls go?

Pat, you have been so busy. Hopefully things will slow down after the holidays are over.

I had big plans for yesterday and had some problems come up and didn't get anything I wanted to do finished. So my plan for today is to clean the floors and do some baking. Other than that I am ready for our Christmas tomorrow afternoon.

Lizzy, I hope you are enjoying time with the girls.

Carrie, hope you are feeling much better and ready for your Christmas with family.

Nancy, is DS getting excited about his upcoming trip?

Laurie - where are you? Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Give Sadie a big hug for me.
imnchghere Offline
#1659 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:13:03 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning everyone... sunny and cold here, but the winds have blown out to sea. We do have some chances of wintery weather over the next few days, but no accumulations and hopefully no problems.

I had wondered why it was so quiet here yesterday, but I had forgotten about Paula being gone all day. Rhonda, I am sorry you had problems to deal with. What will you be baking today?

Jim & I made good progress yesterday. I have one gift left to wrap and then finish filling the kids little gift bags. Need to figure out how to put their names on them. Hmmm, maybe I will just cut their initials with the cricut. Problem solved.
We spent a lot of time moving furniture around yet again. I will be so glad to have all the extra chairs and tables gone after tomorrow. Because we have to use the tables for all the food, people will have to sit other places and hold their plates. There is just not enough counter space in the kitchen for all the food. Hoping that will change with the remodel plan.

Today we need to marinade the chicken wings and make a cheese ball. Yesterday I did Chex mix. That took care of everything that could be done in advance. The rest is just heat up and put in the buffet server pans and the roaster oven, which has 3 individual containers. I was going to make Wassail, but I think we are going to do mulled wine instead and a plain spiced cider (no brandy) for the kids.

I am sure everyone is very busy with last minute stuff. Hope it is all going smooth for all of you.

Lizzy Offline
#1660 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:05:19 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends. Well, the last two days have been very emotional for me. On Thursday, I found out that a family friend's husband had just passed away. He is actually around my age, perhaps a year or two younger. We have no idea why he passed away, but the news was absolutely shocking. Kat and their daughter were good friends in Middle and High School. Today was the funeral and I am just wrung out from it.

In the meantime, we have been having generally good family time. I must explain: Sarah is a good person, but she has some aspects to her personality which can be difficult. Sometimes she is very inflexible, at times, she is intolerant, and at times she is ultra sensitive. I often think she has shades of Asperger's, especially when I take a few steps back and look at a much larger picture. On the other hand, she can be very sweet and loving and a fabulous daughter. My girls are very different from each other and sometimes, when we are together as a family, there are conflicts that invariably arise. Since there is inflexibility, intolerance, and incredibly sensitivity, they become magnified very quickly.

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I never mailed my mother's Christmas present - major failure on my part. I also have no presents wrapped....so of course, you know what I will be doing tomorrow! YIKES!

On a good note, however, the books were packed up yesterday! NO KIDDING!! There are many boxes in the bonus room, which still need to be labeled and taken to the garage. There are some odds and ends to finish moving to other parts of the house, but generally, the major work in that room is done. I still need to pack up my sewing machine and get that desk out of there. I am hoping my neighborhood fellow can help me...if not, Terry is going to have to do the major part of the moving. No matter...it will get done. I also have a lead on another fellow who could help me out. He works at my school but is only available on Sundays, but I know he would do it.

I have determined I have a TON of kid books to get rid of. I think I'm going to see if I can put them in our school's parking lot sale and then give the proceeds to the school's PTA to use for field trips and stuff like that. I am hoping that works out. We will probably have one or maybe two more parking lot sales before the year is out. After that, I guess I will bequeath the books to someone else to sell for me.

I am eager to take over all the bookshelves for my scrapping stuff and figure out how to set up my tables. I'm just excited to get rid of the clutter around my scrapping area and hopefully have dedicated spots for things. I am thinking really hard about possibly getting rid of one of my tables (or just collapsing it for now) so I'll keep you posted on what I eventually do.

Paula and Pat, I'm glad the snow skipped both of you. And, Paula, I do understand the need for sunshine to keep away the blues/depression. I just think it's hard to fathom how many days of sunshine we actually get out here - probably edging upwards toward 325 out of 365 per year. That's just too many!

Well, Pat, you sound very ready for your family gathering! How many will you have there? I know it will go well and I bet you will feel a bit frazzled when it is all over!

Rhonda, tomorrow is your family day, too.

Everyone take care.....I'll check in tomorrow! Love to all of you!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1661 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 6:54:01 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!! :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Pat, sounds like you and Jim were very busy getting everything ready. Enjoy your family Christmas!!

Rhonda, sorry you didn't get the things done you wanted to, hope you wrapped them all up yesterday. Hope your day is very nice!!

Lizzy, sounds like a busy, busy, house for you!! Nice job getting the books boxed up and getting the shelves ready for your scrapping things. :)
Hopefully the holiday spirit will prevail and Sarah will have a good weekend and you can enjoy each other's company!
I laughed when I read you didn't send your mom's present, my dad's is sitting in my dining room... Blushing

Nancy, hope all is well with you and your Christmas plans are all coming together.

LAURIE!!!! You need to check in and let us know how you are. I am wondering if you are going to your sister's.

Lizzy, have you heard from Laurie?

I think I am going to go over and work on my Thursday house. They are in Africa so it doesn't matter when I do it and I would like to have Thursday open because DH is hoping to be off work.

Hope everyone has a good day.
rm920 Offline
#1662 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 8:52:58 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Lizzy, sorry to hear about your friend's loss. It is so hard at any time but seems a little harder at this time. Hope they family can enjoy being together and not too many squabbles. But I think that goes with families. You are making great progress in the extra room. Soon you will have your own scrap area! Just think of how productive you will become. Can't wait to see all of the fantastic creations.Smile

Paula, good plan to work on Thursday house today so you can spend Thursday with DH. Do you have big plans for tomorrow. Guess you need to call your father and tell him about his present!

Pat, I know you are probably busy getting ready for family today. Hope you have have a great family day.

Carrie, what are you up to today? Hope you are ready for the big day tomorrow!

Laurie - where are you??

Yesterday I finished up all my to dos!!! I made the bows for all the packages and remembered to wrap Amber's birthday gift. We are having her Sweet 16 party next Saturday. I also made more Chex mix, baked snickerdoodles, coconut macaroons,and peppermint meringues. This morning I put some Crock Pot Sausage Potato soup in the crock pot and also made a pot of chili. The kids will be here shortly after lunch. We will eat, have gifts, play games, etc. Then most of us will go to Candlelight Church services this evening.

I think I am ready. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1663 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 10:38:29 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow Rhonda! It sounds like you are ready to party!! ;)
The sausage potato soup sounds really good, is it one you made before? If it's a keeper, after Christmas would you share the recipe with me?
No we don't have big plans. Tonight DH and DS will "work" all three services. DH works and DS is playing his saxophone at each. So...that leaves me to pick which service I will attend. Tomorrow it is us. I was going to fix the turkey DS got from work but I don't think it is going to be thawed by then. DS says we have stromboli because it's a tradition. I don't remember that but I got all the things I need to make it so we will see.

I did part of my Thur house today. I think I will do the rest with DS when we do monster house Friday.

DH is home for lunch so I am going to run....
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1664 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 7:32:37 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

A very Merry and Blessed Christmas to all of you! I hope that you all have sweet dreams tonight of Sugar Plum Fairies dancing.

I have been a wrapping and cooking fool the past couple days. I kind of over did it today. And something else happened that I will share another day.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your families!

Flee57 Offline
#1665 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:07:11 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Merry Christmas everyone!

I am here and alive...barely kicking though LOL I've had to work long days because the woman that works with me has been very sick with the flu and bronchitis. Just very tired here.

I tried to catch up but couldn't do it all though...my eyes are closing.

Just got back tonight from my sister's. had a great time and hated leaving but wanted to come home to be here tomorrow with D.

I will come back in tomorrow and try to catch up. I'm just really tired right now.

Sorry I took so long to respond

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day.

I'll be back tomorrow
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1666 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:07:43 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Merry, Merry Christmas to my Challenged Friends!! Love

No snow here...seems a bit strange but I don't mind. So many people on the roads it's better this way.

We are going to have a laid back day. Going to make stromboli and Carrie's Tortilla Soup. I already have the chicken and veggies prepped, just need to throw it together.

Laurie, glad you popped in. Sorry you have had to work such long hours, sure hope she is better soon. Don't get run down, you need to stay healthy!!

Off to fill stockings. hehe
rm920 Offline
#1667 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:35:02 AM(UTC)
rm920

Merry Christmas my friends!

Had a wonderful day yesterday with the kids. We ate, played games, and traded gifts. Ended with Christmas Eve Candlelight service.

Will be a quiet day here. The temps have dropped and it is quite cold here today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Flee57 Offline
#1668 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:25:18 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! Merry Christmas! Today will be a laid back day here. I had to stop at WM last night on my way home. 15 min before they closed! I had nothing in the house to make for Christmas dinner or anything. I was in and out of there in 5 minutes or so. There were some people who walked in a couple minutes before 8 and were taking their sweet time. I bed those workers didn't get out of there until after 9. How rude of those people. I did thank the person at the register who waited on me. I said Thank you for being here so I could pickup dinner for tomorrow. Merry Christmas. And he gave me a very tired looking smile and said Merry Christmas too. I thanked the lady at the gas station too. I had to go so bad I couldn't wait. I didn't want to stop at a rest area because they were so desolate. Didn't want to be there by myself.

I had a wonderful time with my family again. I am so blessed to have a family that laughs so much when we are together. I'm not talking a small laugh...I'm talking big belly laughs. So hearty that you can't breath. I love them all dearly!

Well thats it for now. Later!
Lizzy Offline
#1669 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:48:58 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good (very late) evening, friends! And, a very Merry Christmas to everyone, too. We have had a really nice day...lots of good food, great gifts, more good food, more gifts, naps, TV, games....

I'm glad to hear from everyone and to hear about your gatherings and good times together. I'm a bit sad that Sarah is leaving day after tomorrow...but such is life. We will likely be seeing her again in February or March, though, so I shouldn't be feeling too sad.

Kat is going up to LA tomorrow to meet with some friends but she'll be back in time for dinner. One of her close girl friends from college just got engaged so they are getting together for lunch.

Laurie, I'm glad you're home and that you had a great time with your family. I love the way you were describing them...the belly laughs...and that you have those wonderful times together. Cherish those times!

I'm so sorry you have been working so much and were so tired. Be sure and don't get sick...take care of yourself. I'm still battling the cough...boo!

Everyone take care. I'll check in either tomorrow or Thursday...so all take care.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1670 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:15:21 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

The snow's coming down... I'm watching it fall....

Happy Boxing day!

Now today, we are in the midst of a snow storm. He went stressing off to work and I can't shovel the driveway because of the surgery. Ugh!

But we had a very nice Christmas. One of the best in several years.

Glad to hear that everyone else had a good day too.

Pat beware this crappy weather is headed your way.

Edited by user Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:49:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: too personal

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1671 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:46:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Lizzy, it sounds like you have had a nice time with your family. Enjoy the rest of your time together.

Rhonda, where are you? I thought we would chat yesterday since both of us were haveing a low key day. hmmm.. I suppose you are back to work.

Carrie, I am so sorry about what you are going through with DH. What a difficult thing to hear. I am glad that things are turing around a bit and hope it continues. It's nice that you were able to have a good Christmas with your family in spite of what had happened. {{{hugs to you}}}

Pat, I have enjoyed your family pics you are posting on FB.

Well, I am packed and getting ready to head north. Yesterday my dad had a mini-stroke. (Carrie, my sister said a TIA) They did a cat scan and didn't see anything that caused alarm. Something was going on with his heart so today they will do another EKG and if all looks good they will send him home. The plan is for me to at least spend the first night with him. I will probably stay longer but will play it by ear.
He was having dinner at my sister's and she is a nurse so she notice the signs right away and called the ambulance. I was glad for that because he lives out in the country by himself.

So I am going to run and finish getting ready. I may check in before I go. I am waiting to hear from my sister to be sure he is going home before I take off.
imnchghere Offline
#1672 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:38:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Paula, I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Good your sis was there and recognized the signs. Have a safe trip north and I will say a prayer for everything to go well. I do have to ask what Frolfing is?

I will be back in a bit to read the rest of the posts. Just wanted to catch Paula before she left.
Flee57 Offline
#1673 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:16:39 PM(UTC)
Flee57

The plow just went by. First one I've heard since I got home this afternoon.

Hello everyone from snowy, blowy IN. Winter Storm Euclid is here.

I opened Curves this morning but decided to close at noon. We only had 3 ladies in 5 hours. The drive home was ok. Wet and slush...which I hate driving in.

Carrie I am so sorry that you went through that just before Christmas. I'm glad you had a good one though. Hope you find som inspiration that can help you both.

Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He'll be in my prayers for sure. Please, please be careful driving.

Lizzy it sounds like you are having some great family time. My time with mine is very precious and the belly laughing helps keep it memorable

Pat, love your fam pics on FB!

Rhonda, are you back to work now?

well, I'm in my craft room. What should I do? Hmmmm....
rm920 Offline
#1674 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:03:04 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all....

Paula, sure hope things turn out well for your father. Safe travels.

Carrie, what an emotional roller coaster for you. Will be thinking about you and praying all goes well. Glad you were able to enjoy Christmas with all the family.

Laurie, glad you checked in. Sorry you had to close early but given the weather forecast, it was probably the best option. Glad you had a great time with family. Be safe in the bad weather.

Pat, loved the photos you posted and those posted by DD. Looks like all enjoyed a great day.

Lizzy, glad you had a good day of food, gifts, naps and games. That is what the holiday is all about.

I loved everything about our family get together on Monday, but Tuesday was very hard. I talked to my brother and he and his wife continue to have troubles, that they feel may not be resolved. My heart aches for him. I also learned on Monday, that Cody will become a father in March. It came as quite a surprise to me. He seems very happy, so I want to be happy for him. But on Tuesday I realized that Heather won't be here to see her grandchild and that sent me into quite a depression. The pain came rushing back. I spent the rest of the day doing nothing. Glad I had to go back to work today. It took my mind off things. I will be glad when the holidays are over.

I also want to thank all of you for the lovely cards. I relish each and every one of them.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1675 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:10:33 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Are things winding down in Challenged land?

Rhonda your brother should check out The Art of Marriage on the Family Life website. It is good and teaches people how to talk to each other. You know men are from....

Laurie how much snow did you get? Everything here is closed and we are still under a level 2 snow emergency this morning. Good call on closing early.

Paula I hope everything is going well with your dad. Did they put him on a blood thinner?

Pat you never made it back. What are you up to? Hows the weather over there?

Nancy I bet you are in last minute preparations for Riley now. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Lizzy good that you were almost back to normal for Christmas. Sounds like you had a really good day.

Well I have a couple things to take back to the mall and a birthday present to buy. Another gift, house warming, to deliver.
Then a doctors appointment; hope I get my sutures out. I wonder if I'll get to vacuum, etc, soon.

Well I best get moving before someone steals my car again today.
rm920 Offline
#1676 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:00:04 PM(UTC)
rm920

Carrie, I have passed along the website to my brother. Thank you. Hope you had a good doctor visit today and that the sutures are history. I wouldn't rush into vacuuming Smile Did you get all your other errands ran?

Pat, hope you had safe travels to visit family.

Paula, how is your father doing?

Nancy, I hope DS has a fun and education trip. Safe travels!

Lizzy, what have you been up to?

Laurie, how much snow did you get in your area?

Nothing new here. Just the same things.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1677 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:02:15 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hey Rhonda the sutures are history but I am on more restrictions this week than last week. They are just concerned about the radiated skin healing. I thought almost 10 years out, I would be relatively safe. Oh well, all is good.

Any way I have a book for you to recommend to your brother or any one that is married or has a significant other. The book is called The 5 Love Languages by Chapman and is on the Family Life website and on Amazon. Everyone of us has a different "language" when it comes to feeling loved. For example, Wife has been home all day with the kids and has to vent when Husband gets home. He listens for a minute and then offers solutions to the "problem". Wife gets frustrated because she isn't looking to fix the problem, she just wants to know that someone understands what she is going through.

Well I have nothing planned today. I may read more of that book. I asked Jim to read it and also bought a video series but i don't think he has time to watch it.
Nancycs Offline
#1678 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:24:10 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Carrie I have heard of that book but have not read it. I have heard good things about it. Glad you have your sutures out. I hope it heals quickly!

Rhonda I am sorry you had a hard time getting through Tuesday. (((HUGS))) Congrats on being a G. Grandma though!

Laurie it is good to see you! The curves here always closed whenever the local schools closed. Are you open again?

Paula I hope your dad is doing OK. That was good your dad was where he was when he showed the symptoms.

Lizzy I am glad your holiday was a good one. WHen do you go back to school?

Pat what have you been up to?

We had a wonderful holiday here.

Now we are getting everything ready for Riley's trip. We just have a few things left to pack. He has to be at he airport by 4:15 tomorrow morning. We are just glad that it is the small local airport. It is only 30 minutes away and never as hectic. He will fly into the airport that is in the cities on his way home though.
Riley has actually not been feeling well. We are not sure if it is nerves or if he picked something up. He started thinking about how far away from home he will be and he thinks that may have done it. He will be with people he knows so I know he will be OK. He was feeling better last night.

Well I better get moving!
imnchghere Offline
#1679 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:23:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning everyone.. I have just not been able to get caught up here. The days seem like they are zipping right by.
The weather has been cold and windy. Tomorrow we have 1-3" of snow in the forecast. That includes rain, so not sure what kind of a mess it will make. I am going to go ahead and take up the little lighted trees in the front island as well as the little trees on the deck. There is no need to have them being part of weather mess. Normally I leave the decor up until Epiphany, but I want to keep working on the purging/trashing etc. I didn't do a lot inside, so that will all come down easily and weather won't be a factor.

Trip to VA to visit Jim's aunt was nice. We went to lunch and more family showed up while we were eating. Actually it was while we were having dessert. We moved back to her house and continued visiting. Jim's cousin/dh and her son/wife/baby. The baby is the one I made the album for. We hadn't seen them since the spring. He is walking and babbling. Too cute. He loved all the attention from my 3 grands. All in all a fun day, but very long and mostly on the road. There was talk of renting one of the HUGE houses on the outer banks and doing a big family gathering.

I am keeping each of you in my thoughts and prayers. Seems like there are struggles and during the holidays it is harder.
Carrie, you are such an active person, I know it is hard for you to stay down. But you know what you have to do to heal properly. I think I am going to try to catch a break in the weather and head your way. I could visit my aunt/uncle in Cleveland, as well as a long time friend and have a visit with you as well. It is just a matter of being able to avoid any storms.

Nancy, I think it is very likely that Riley is having a little pre-trip jitters. It is never easy to make a trip like this, but what an experience he will be having. And being part of a group will help.

Rhonda, sending you big {{{HUGS}}}. And congratulations on the new g-grand. A surprise, but a nice one to look forward to.

Well, I have been typing this for a good while, and I want to work on a plan for today. Jim is working from home and we talked about re visiting one of the furniture stores. I do need to go the grocery, as we are very low on meat. I am not sure what we are doing for his birthday, but my sister sent us steak and lobster from KC steaks that we could have.
I hope everyone has a good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1680 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 10:44:31 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Rhonda, I have another story for you and I hope it finds comfort for you. 21 years ago Jim and I bought our first house. We had two kids and I was pretty sure I was done. Anyway there were no plans for another child and then just before the closing on our house I went to aerobics and didn't feel well. Another nurse friend of mine dragged me to the doctor and I walked out stunned. Yup, pregnant. I was upset to say the least and I had been on a medication that was harmful to the fetus. I called my mom later that day in tears. I couldn't be pregnant right now. The next day my grandma called me and told me stories about herself and my mom and said to me "Just wait a week and see how you feel." That afternoon, she was killed in a car crash. No matter how healthy the baby turned out, I knew I had to go through with the preganancy. (I don't think I would have ended it anyway because of my faith but...) Jonathan is the child that pulls my heart strings. He is exactly like my grandmother in personality and kindness. I believe God sent him because of her. I hope that this child, gives you the peace that you need. I am sending airmail Hugs and hope that it gets easier.

Pat we are getting the same snow starting around 10 tonight. 3-4 inches on top of the 6+ we have from the other day. Stay warm and dry! Renting a house on the outer banks is one of my bucket list items. Sounds fun.