Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6970717273>»
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2101 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 2:27:42 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yay Lizzy! Happy vacation! Rest up a little while you can. Did your dress work? I liked the idea of the pink sweater too. Have the flowers been picked out yet? What else is left to do? Are you having any company during the wedding?

Pat sorry you had a trying day yesterday! Hope today is better. It can't be all bad if you got into the work room.

Nancy hope you don't get the stomach bug right before Easter. How is the car?

Paula, Laurie and Rhonda hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

Well I have been busy in the craft room today. I made bunny bags with the silhouette and they are mighty cute if I may say. You could do it with the Cricut cutting a bag and then make a bunny head and feet and glue them on to the front of the bag. I will take a pic later to share. I also think I have Easter dinner taken care of as well as breakfast. I went to the pet store while I was out today and they have a baby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I almost brought home. Sometime soon, maybe next week I am going to have to take Berkley to be put down. He is in a lot of arthritic pain and can barely walk. He doesn't eat very well and his meds are put into his food. He sleeps most of the time. I know it's getting time soon but just can't make the decision yet.
lizzyea Offline
#2102 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 6:37:12 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Groups: Registered

Hi friends. Well, I ended up spending the day sleeping. I surely needed it so it wasn't so bad. It was fabulous! Then I organized all of my school stuff so I can roll that into the garage instead of leaving it sitting in the family room like I usually do. Flapper

Carrie, I'm very sorry to hear about Berkeley's failing health. You will know when the time is right. You need to get yourself ready and when you are ready, the time will be right and you will know it and be ready to ease the way for him. My heart is with you.

I may just not do any more work in Sarah's room since it is overwhelming me so much and move into the bonus room. I have to pack up my scrapping stuff and I think I will work on that tomorrow. I can make so much more progress there than in Sarah's room. Then, as I pack upstairs, I can move the boxes into the bonus room to be moved downstairs....also the garbage bags! LOL And, the stuff for the garage sale and Goodwill. WHEW! No wonder I feel overwhelmed!

Well, I'm going to go...dinner time.

Flee57 Offline
#2103 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 6:48:38 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

I'm watching the end of the MI/KS game. Rhonda I am sure you are cheering for KS. I'm not a MI fan...I'm a MI State fan and I'm waiting for that game to start. My Nephew is at the game. If you see a crazy MI State fan in the Duke student section (he even has the black stuff under his eyes)...well that's him. they are at the game and going home back to MI either after the game or tomorrow morning because they are having Easter at their house tomorrow. Then they are driving back to Indy for the game Sunday. Told you...crazy State fan LOL

Happy Vacation Lizzy! I hope it's not stressful with all you need to get done. Take it all one step at a time. You are making awesome progress on your house...so much better than me! I really wish I was able to come and help you out while you're on vaca.

Carrie, I am so sorry that you have to make that decision about Berkley. Like Lizzy said...you will know when it is time. My heart breaks for anyone having to make that decision and I dread the day that I may have to.

I hate the fouling in the last seconds of a game. But MI just tied it with 4 seconds left. Great come back but they have to win it in OT. Josh must be freaking out. he does not like MI but would love to see them play in the final 2 LOL

Ok, gotta go. I've been scrapping all day and I'm itching to keep going!

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2104 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:35:08 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Wow that basketball game Laurie was a nail biter. Very exciting game. Glad you took a little time to play with scrapbooks. The house can't be perfect all day.

Lizzy glad you got some rest yesterday. I like your plan to leave Sarah's room for now. You can always come back to it.

Well yesterday I got a bargain on Woot. I have wanted one of the cast iron casseroles but didn't want to put $200 into it. $49 on woot. Yippee! today is beautiful. I took the dog for a walk. The boys are all out playing golf and I have no idea what Jen is up too. I know that she and her boyfriend broke up last night. Too much distance and he insisted she move. Loser! Glad she's done with him.

Hope Spring is here to stay!
lizzyea Offline
#2105 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:16:26 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...I worked today getting my scrapping stuff organized and somewhat packed up. I didn't get it all done, but I am working on it. I am most confused about exactly how to pack it because I don't really know where it will end up...in the garage? ...in the storage unit? there really aren't any other storage placed other than that! I'd almost rather keep it in the garage if I can get everything into sealed things such as plastic boxes or zippered cases. It won't be a long time, so I'm not terribly worried about the heat. It doesn't get all that hot in the garage anyway.

We've also been watching the NCAA games. I was rooting for Wichita State (sorry, Carrie, if you were rooting for Ohio State). Years ago, I worked with a guy who was from there and I remember how crazy he was for his team!

Related to the dress for the wedding, I may have found a dress! I have one, but it's too big. I ordered one size smaller, so we'll see how the smaller one fits. At the same time I ordered the smaller size, I also ordered another dress I happened to see...I don't think I will like it as much, but just in case I do, I'm going to give it a try. I feel like I'm closing in on it! LOL

The rest of the wedding is coming together. Sarah has been in touch with the MGM Grand's bakery about baking the wedding cake and she is working on that. I still have to do the gift bags for the guests and arrange for a photo of Sarah and Yash for guests to sign the matte (instead of a guest book).

In the meantime, I am going to watch a TV show and then get back to my work upstairs.

Everyone take care.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2106 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:04:52 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
HAPPY EASTER!!

to my Challenged Friends. :)

Took a road trip up north and visited with my dad. My sister had Friday off so we took advantage of it. Her son came home Wed. and then him and Tay drove up to my other sister's to spend time with their cousin. Pam and I drove the next day and went to my dad's. We all went out to dinner together Fri. Then Sat. Tay and his cousin helped my friend move. (family friends since childhood. My friend now has a son that is good friends with my nephew. Their family and ours had kids that matched, we each had one our age. They lived right next to my dad's.) Pam's son headed back to the other side of the state where he lives and had to go to work. So we went by to see the new place. We also went to my friend's son's to drop off a old dining room table I have had stored at my dad's for 20 years. They needed one and we certainly weren't using it. Then we loaded up and came home.
So...that's where I have been.

Lizzy!!!! So glad your break is here!!! It sounds like you have been the Purging Queen!! :) Way to go. I hope the dress you reordered fits! I am glad you found one you like. I don't remember the date of the wedding but am thinking in about two weeks?? Seems like all the details are coming together.

Carrie, I don't think I have heard of woot. I checked it out. One more place to hang out now...Drool
How are your guys doing? Sorry to hear about Jen and the break up. (Well...kind of sorry from what you said, but sorry for her having to go through it.)
Sorry that Berkley is failing. It is hard to take that step. Not wanting to have him suffer will help to know when the time is right.
Pat, sorry you had such a difficult day the other day. Hope yesterday was better and today is even better yet!! :)

Laurie, what are you up to? (besides taking pics of Sadie and D, :)) Did you get back to the scrap room?

Rhonda, what are you up to? How is that new great grand baby? I don't think I read how dinner with your brother went.

Well, I suppose I should get moving. Tay has a friend that stayed the night so I should get in the shower before they get up. DH is at work, my sister will pick me up and we will go to church with DS and his friend.

Hope everyone has a good day.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2107 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:42:40 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

HAPPY EASTER

Paula it seems like you have been very busy. I wondered if you went somewhere. How is your dad doing?

Lizzy glad to hear the wedding is coming together. Just curious, what is Yash's last name? I am wondering how it will work with Sarah. Oh and if you think I was rooting for Ohio State, then you don't know me very well. LOL I will be parked in front of the tube tonight cheering on Michigan.

Laurie I saw all the cute Easter doggies you posted on Facebook this morning. Too cute. I wish my dogs would wear something. I have yet to find a dog that will.

Pat hope you are having a wonderful time with the little ones.

Rhonda are going to get to see the baby today?

Nancy did you have a warm day yesterday? I know today it's back to winter. Sure hope Spring arrives soon. I'd hate to miss it.

Well Berkley is doing pretty well today. He has good days and bad days just like everyone else I guess. We went to church this morning and arrived 1/2 hour early just to get a seat. Then came home and fixed breakfast for Jim and me. Wondering when my kids will roll out of bed. Jim is going to try and make gluten free popovers.

Have a wonderful day!
lizzyea Offline
#2108 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 1:28:36 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I have been working in my scrapping area today. I've purged down to one Iris cart...and am now loading things into my two Navigators and my Extra Large Navigator - whatever it is called. I have decided to pack things in such a way that I have a little stash of stuff so that in the event that I get a chance to scrap or make a card or whatever, I can. Therefore, I am going to put my basic tools and my few kits I have made up and some pages into my small pink traveling tote. That won't require much in the way of repacking at this time! It will also allow me to make the tags for the wedding gift bags that I wanted to make, too.

I must confess that I am feeling overwhelmed with the work that lies ahead of me on this house. The purging and sorting and packing feels overwhelming. I have been saying just one bit at a time...over and over again...and as much as I am saying that, it still feels overwhelming because I haven't yet finished a single room. There is absolutely nowhere to put the finished, packed boxes and Terry is so busy with work, he is unable to help me move much downstairs when I have them finished anyway. I desperately need some able-bodied helpers to tote and lift for me. I have asked around and so far, nothing has materialized. Two strong young men would be fabulous! (whine...moan...perhaps Tay and a friend would like to come to California and help for awhile!!)

It is a gloriously beautiful day here. The temps looks to be around 70 right now with a slight breeze. It's enough to make the wind chime sound ever so often. It is a beautiful wind chime...one of those frightfully expensive ones tuned to "Amazing Grace" which I splurged a number of years ago and bought. I don't regret it and will likely have it forever.

We are driving up to LA later to trade cars back with Kat. She has had a wonderful vacation with her girlfriends up in Santa Barbara and Ojai...wine tasting, shopping, and spa enjoying! Good for her.

Nancy, so sorry the weather is still cold for you.

Carrie, actually, I didn't think you were an Ohio fan...I just wanted to err on the safe side! I know you are a Michigan fan...and are you also one of those "and anyone who is playing against Ohio State" fans, as well. I'm like that with University of Southern California! LOL

I, too, am sorry to hear about Jenna's break-up, but on the other hand, who is this fellow that expects her to move! HELLO...this is the 21st century, Mister!

Laurie, did you get a real estate agent in? You never did say.

Rhonda, what did you do today? Did you see your little Easter bundle?

Well, I've cooled down a bit and am going to go back and hit it some more. I am on a purging streak and must go before it wanes. Then, I have to hit the shower and then the road. Take care all.
Flee57 Offline
#2109 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:23:57 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening friends!

Lizzy, the big one is the XXL. I hated it! I understand how you feel about doing all the work andoom complete not getting even one room complete. I do almost have the spare room done and that feels good. And yes, I've been waiting for that last name! LOL

Carrie, I forgot about the MI game today. D is a big Gator fan so he's not happy. Even my Nephew (the huge MSU fan) said that MI is playing great. Took a lot out of him to say it too LOL

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2110 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:22:16 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....it's me again! I am done for the night! We drove up to LA and met up with Kat and Malcolm. We had a coffee at Starbucks, visited, exchanged cars, and then we drove back home. On the way, we got dinner at a place called Corner Bakery. We each had some sort of Asian chicken salad. Actually, I like the Asian salads at Panera better. Overall, I'm more of a fan of Panera Bread than Corner Bakery. Oh well! I guess I gotta let Terry have his way every so often, huh?

When we got home, I hit it hard. Kat's room is nearly finished. There are a few items still in her room...one of her American girl dolls including a few pieces of furniture that goes with the doll and all of her Snoopys from her extensive Snoopy collection. I think I need to get a plastic tub to store all of those guys. LOL I want to strip the bed and wash all of the bedding before remaking it, after the room is completely done. While it is being "done", I may cover it with a blanket from the garage we are going to be getting rid of...just to protect the mattress.

I hauled all the garbage bags downstairs and left them in the garage. Terry will have to lift them into the dumpster tomorrow for me as I cannot lift them high enough. Tomorrow, I will spend the day in Sarah's room and try to finish that up completely. If all else fails, I will drag all the boxes into the bonus room which does not have to have the ceilings scraped and does not have any wallpaper to remove. That is what is most crucial at this time. That buys me time to find a person/people to hire to carry boxes downstairs and help shove them all around, etc.

I can continue to work on the scrapbook stuff as time goes by, but the most crucial rooms are the ones with the popcorn ceilings and wallpaper. The next room will be the guestroom. There isn't all that much in there except for the closet which is packed. Aargh!

I did not see the broken leg during the Louisville-Duke game but heard it was pretty gruesome. At least he will recover and if he wants to play again, he can. He had an excellent hospital (Methodist) to go to, so he was fortunate in that regard.

OK...gotta go and relax. Oh, Sarah's fiance's name is Yashmin De Souza.
imnchghere Offline
#2111 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 6:14:11 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Monday morning... going to try a bit of catch up here and then I need to get busy on everything I couldn't finish up this weekend.
Lizzy, I see now that one of your first goals is to get the rooms with popcorn ceilings done so that work can be started. Sounds like you are getting close. I often have to wait for Jim to get home from work so he can move things for me up or down stairs. That causes me to lose momentum and then I jump over to another project. Anyway, you are making progress. I didn't realize you had wallpaper to be removed also. I have wallpaper in 3 rooms that needs to come down. Two are powder rooms, so could go quickly.

Carrie, I am sorry to read about Berkley. We went through much the same thing with our cocker spaniel many years ago. And then our cat a few yrs later. We haven't had any pets since. Sometimes I think a pet would be nice and company during the day.

Paula, you had a busy couple days on the road. I forget, did you make a decision on the new house?

I am not a basketball fan, but I heard about the Duke/L'ville game and the guy who broke his leg. I think my sil said yesterday that MD is doing well for now. He is an alum. Our Easter was nice with all the family here including Kristen's fiance's two children. Of course it was drizzly, dreary and wet outside, so 7 kids were stuck inside and that created a lot of noise and confusion. It is not as bad when they can be outside, but they all just get louder and louder trying to be heard and they have trouble respecting each other's space. Anyway, we got through the day, none the worse for wear. It seemed to bother Jim more yesterday, than usual though. He was very quiet.

Well, for today I am going to finish up a couple layouts left from the crop a week ago and then Jim has a computer project for me to do for the meeting that I will start on. I am going to run a swiffer over the kitchen and dining area to get up the "big chunks" from yesterday and also do 2 loads of laundry. Since the laundry area is in the craft room, I can do that while working on the layouts.
I also want to do a walk. Even if it's a short one. I need to be ready for the March of Dimes walk the end of the month.

Hello Nancy & Rhonda. Hope your weekends were good also.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2112 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 7:27:36 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Lizzy, you are really going at it!!! Way to go, almost being done with the bedroom. I did check out air fare to LA last week and it wasn't horrible. (I have already forgot what it was, haha) I think it is a really good idea that you did the harder room first. Even if the other closet is packed, it will be easier that Kat's room.

Pat, I see you are up and checking things off your list today! I do have L going but that is about it. I don't have to clean today or tomorrow. Seems strange but monster house has gotten off it's regular week so that opens up this week.
I did take the new job. Not sure why. Huh I met with them Mon. and did a partial clean Tue. They were having people over so I did the main area. It is a beautiful new house and will be super easy. The couple is so very nice. The wife has been dealing with lung cancer that had spread to her brain before it was detected. She is starting to have just a bit trouble getting around, but has low engery level. I will be doing this job on Wed.s and haven't told Deb yet. Crying

Rhonda!!! Where are you?

Nancy, how was your weekend?

Laurie, I see you have been busy on FB posting pics! Sadie was such a cute little puppy. Can't believe how big she is now.

I got another e-mail for a free collage print from Walgreens so I used some pics I have of Katies Africa adventure and made one up. Tay will take it to her. He is going to NC Thur. It will be the first time he has flown alone and he is excited.
I also got an e-mail from Shutterfly last night for 101 free prints. It doesn't end up that great by the time I pay shipping but I may do it. (it motivates me to print pics) The Walgreens one is totally free because I can pick it up. Love

OK, off to clean something.
Nancycs Offline
#2113 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 10:19:30 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter.

I don't have time to catch up right now. I have a full house with no school.

I had a bummer of a weekend because I dislocated my toe again. This is the second time since the initial injury last summer. THe last time it popped back in by the end of the day. I think it may have gone back in this time but it is a little more tender but that is probably because I was messing with it. It really doesn't hurt so it is fine. I am wearing the special shoe and have a DR appt. with the podiatrist I saw last summer. We'll see what he says about it. I may have to have that surgery after all.

Have a great day everyone!
lizzyea Offline
#2114 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 10:38:03 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Ouch! Nancy, I'm sorry about your toe. It does sound painful and especially worrisome. I'm sorry you have a houseful, too, on top of your toe. (No pun intended there!)

Thanks for the words of encouragement about the house. I have still not finished Sarah's room...that is the worst one. Although today, perhaps after having had a break, I can finish it up! I have to work in it during the daylight hours because there is no light in it. The ceiling light broke and we have yet to repair it. Hmmmmm.....

If I can get at least two rooms ready for those guys, I will be happy....then I can work while they work. I don't know how many rooms they will get to tomorrow.

Terry is balancing filling the dumpster today and working his regular job. We have the dumpster just one more day (today) before they come and get it (tomorrow) so we want to maximize it. I think I have at least one garbage bag upstairs to haul down. Otherwise, I cannot think of too much garbage I have left upstairs. I have tons and tons of clothing, though, and it's very tempting to toss that in the dumpster rather than haul it to Goodwill...but that is just lazy on my part.

I did find out about a woman in the northern part of the county who will come to your house after a garage sale and haul off everything that is left over (for free). She them puts all your leftovers into her garage sales and that is how she makes money for herself. It works for me just fine. I need someone to haul this junk away and I really don't want to have to pay someone. I am tickled she will do it and I'm also tickled I don't have to pay her. She will come at the end of the day to get it, too. PERFECT!!

Pat, I can totally understand how the noise and the squabbles about personal space and interrupting (with the children) can get on one's nerves after awhile. It would drive me nuts. I'm sure much of it has to do with me teaching school and dealing with noise all day long, but absolutely nothing is more blessed to me than a quiet home at the end of a day.

Rhonda, I trust all is going well for you...please drop in and let us know how you are doing. We miss you!

Paula, it's good you took on the extra house and can help the family out. It probably won't be all that difficult and they will be most appreciative of your help, too.

That's all for now, folks. Terry is working away and I'm feeling a wee bit guilty. S'long for now.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2115 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:34:44 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good afternoon!

I was watching the basketball game when the knee injury occurred. Poor kid! This may be a career ending injury too. Very sad. For anyone wanting to satisfy their curiosity, you can see the part of the game that has the injury here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xJWU_41G28

Nancy that is awful about your toe. I sure hope it heals without you having to be off it for long.

Lizzy you are really moving. It may not seem like it to you but looking at your past posts, you have accomplished quite a bit. The garage sale lady sounds like a great solution. Oh and I ma not one of those fans that cheer against Ohio State even though almost all of the Ohio State fans cheer against Michigan in every game and sport. No class in my eyes. I am glad his last name will go well with Sarah. What else do you have to do for the wedding? I am having fun hearing all about it.

Laurie tell you nephew he should want Michigan to keep winning since it means more money for all of the big 10.

Pat sorry the weather did not cooperate. Hope you are enjoying the peace a quiet today. Stripping wall paper is not fun. Hope your wall was sized before it went up. It makes it coming down a lot easier.

Paula your new job could become very sad. You are doing that lady and her family a great service.

Well I went and got Jim a new coat since someone stole his. I am going to embroider his initials on the pocket edge if he likes it. Then I got a couple black dress pants for me since my older ones have out grown me. Not much else going on here. I am hoping to get up to the craft room today but it's not looking good. I have to finish cleaning up the messes from yesterday first.

Flee57 Offline
#2116 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 1:18:47 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Meeting with the Realtor Monday morning! I'm so excited!
rm920 Offline
#2117 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 8:09:14 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all....

Glad to hear all had a nice Easter.

Pat, I can sure understand how Jim feels. It is so nice to have the family but we are so used to the peace and quiet. Sounds like you are checking things off your list.

Paula, I'll bet Tay is really excited about his trip and he will really enjoy visiting with Katie. Now you will be able to get all those free pictures scrapped!

Carrie - how frustrating to have DH's jacket stolen! Hope you were able to get the cleaning done and still have some time to be creative.

Nancy - OUCH!. Sure hope the dr. can help so this doesn't continue happening.

Lizzy, you are really going to town on the cleaning and purging. And you have a great plan on how to help get the extra items out of the way! Glad you have found a dress you like for the wedding. Sure hope you can find some time to enjoy your short vacation.

Laurie, keeping my fingers crossed for your meeting with the realtor!

Nothing much going on here. Still dealing with family problems, but I have decided I have to let things go as they will. I did get to spend some time on Sunday with Amber - so that was good. Work is keeping me busy, but I am finding that working with so many people has its own problems. I worked for 26 years with just 2 of us in the office, so this is a big change.

Better finish this and get busy and finish a birthday card that needs to be put in the mail tomorrow!
lizzyea Offline
#2118 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:33:16 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends! It has been a very productive day! In addition to having a therapy appointment which was quite productive, I have just about finished Sarah's room! I still have a few things on the walls and on the top shelf of her closet. Those will require a step-ladder. I took all of her breakable items into the bonus room and will wrap those and pack them separately...but first I need to get some plain newsprint paper (without the printing on it). I may have to repack one or two boxes of books for her and then figure out what is in those boxes on the top shelf and how to pack them. Then, that room will be done! I'll haul all the linens downstairs and wash them.

As for Kat's room, it's almost the same, but not quite as much to do. There are some things in the closet to move out, into the bonus room. There are a bunch of formals from high school from both girls which I will take to a charity in another city for a special event they hold for girls in foster care and group homes - or at least they did. Or I will donate them to the local Assistance League shop to be resold. Whichever is easier.

We filled another dumpster - our last one for now. The next step is to move more things to our storage unit and get ready for the garage sale.

Tomorrow the guys show up to scrape ceilings and wallpaper. Wednesday, the electrician shows up to do his thing. In the meantime, I need to call some more people to come by and give us more estimates for work. Whew! It's never-ending....but I am making forward movement!

The next most overwhelming room will be the guestroom closet which is chock-full of stuff that Terry has to decide on...I have no trouble deciding on things, but he has such a hard time. So, that is another dilemma for us.

Laurie, I will be excited to hear what the realtor has to say!

Carrie, when did Jim's coat get stolen? At a party? Was it an overcoat? A jacket? A sportscoat? How totally weird!

I agree with you, Carrie, about openly "booing" the opponent at a game. I really hate that. I actually have never experienced that until several years ago at a baseball game between the Yankees and the Angels. I was shocked when the spectators booed the other team. I think it is such poor sportsmanship.

Rhonda, it is very true that when you work with lots of people, there are lots of "stuff" going on that one has to learn to deal with. If you can avoid getting involved, it is best all around...but that isn't always easy! Good luck with that one.

I'm sorry your (extended) family continues to create difficulties for you. That is something I discussed (my family - siblings, parents) with my therapist today. I am light years happier than ever before ever since I "divorced" my family. Many days will go by without even thinking about them and my obsessing about what is going on with things there just doesn't take up my energy the way it once did. It is such a blessing for me. Of course, it was a very drastic move and not necessarily recommended or feasible for everyone.

I'm physically tired, but amazingly energized by all the work I did. Very odd! I think I will take some ibuprofen before I retire tonight because the knot on my back that always hurts is hurting. Boo!

Everyone take care...thanks for listening to me whine and carry on about getting this house ready! Someday....someday....someday!!

imnchghere Offline
#2119 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:30:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and happy Tuesday. Chilly start here, but it is going to be sunny, so maybe thaat will warm us up a bit. I will be off to the PO and bank and then I am going to spend today concentrating on society stuff for the meeting. I also need to get Stephanie's birthday present ordered. She put some ideas on my Amazon wish list on Sunday.
Nancy, ouch on the toe. I remember last year when that happened. Hows the snow melt coming along? I am sure the day care kids are ready to be outside more. Yesterday I pulled a few weeds in the front yard, when I went out to get the trash cans off the curb. They came up pretty easy since the ground is soft.
Paula, maybe you and Deb can change your craft day. Or maybe not since you have houses on the other day. I guess you will figure something out. How long will Tay be in NC?
Rhonda, I do love my peace and quiet as much as I love the family being together. Are you enjoying your job for the most part? Jim loves it when his co-workers are on travel or working elsewhere.
Lizzy, lots of progress for you yesterday. I hope Terry can get the closet of his stuff gone through. Our guest bedroom closet is the same. Except it is mine. Everything on the floor is Society and one the weather gets nice and the deck cover is up, my plan is to go through all of it and throw out the things that do NOT need to be archived. It is all the secretarial papers.
Laurie, hope you get some good ideas from the Realtor. At least then you will know where to concentrate your efforts and how to move forward.

Well, I am going to get moving here and get the errands ran and move on to the next project for this week. Maybe I can get it taken care of today.
lizzyea Offline
#2120 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:52:55 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! The wallpaper removers are here and working away in the diningroom. One wall came off pretty readily, but another wall is stuck super hard. These people did not apply the wallpaper correctly. If the next house has wallpaper, I am going to remove it right away. Ugh! That is probably one blessing of being retired!

Today, I will finish up the girls' bedrooms and do a bookshelf we have in the upstairs hallway. It mainly has photos in frames, in boxes, and scrapbooks on it. That should be fairly easy. Then, I think it comes apart in some manner. Kat wants it, I believe. I'll have to check with her again tonight.

We did do some work in the guest room as there is also paper in there. I tossed out four nasty-looking bed pillows and kept two nice ones. I put some bed linens in a bag to save. I am giving the twin beds to a woman at work so I will also give her the linens since we won't need them. I plan to wash what we have and pass all of that along to her as well. She is one of the playground supervisors and doesn't make lots of money so I'm sure the linens will help her out considerably. There isn't much there....two sets of sheets, mattress covers, and blankets for both beds. I may not give her the pillows because I can use them on the other beds in the house as I'm sure many of the pillows are nasty at this point in their lives! LOL

I should go ahead and pull all the linens off those beds before they get in there to do their work, especially since the quilt is an antique. Hmmmm.....

I have a helper this afternoon and plan to move a bunch of boxes to our storage room. That should help clear out some space considerably in the garage. I sure hope so! I'm hoping I can also get some other stuff loaded into my car for Goodwill and the like.

Good luck, to you, Pat as you go through the Society's paperwork and begin to purge it! I love purging and am eager to begin on the stuff I really want to get rid of...kitchen stuff, especially. I have to do that before this weekend's garage sale!

Oops...I'd better go. I wanted to see if I can make an ad in the newspaper for the garage sale of if I'm too late. TTYL
lizzyea Offline
#2121 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:21:47 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Carrie.....your pages for the wedding album you are all making just arrives and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! I would never, in a million years, have created anything as beautiful and creative as those are! The blue matches her colors PERFECTLY! Thank you so very, very much! I absolutely cannot tell you how very much this means to me...for oh so many reasons. First, having to pack up my scrapping stuff is hitting me hard and giving me the jitters! LOL So, now having these pages, is relieving me somewhat of those pangs! I am so excited now. Thankfully, I am hiding my current projects in my little pink bag and hoping I can pull them out and work on them if I ever get any time!

Must run here and do a few things before my helper arrives this afternoon!

Thank you, again, Carrie, for being so thoughtful and for your creativity!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2122 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:27:43 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

BigGrin Love
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2123 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:34:41 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Lizzy we knew you were going to be so busy that doing any scrapbooking wouldn't happen and may not for a while. I am so glad you like them. They are a little out of the box for me.

There will be more and more arriving from others as you get closer to the wedding. If all is timed well there will be surprises every few days.
Flee57 Offline
#2124 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:35:15 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I can't believe we pulled this off without blowing the surprise.

I almost did. I wasn't shopping looking for a table for my living room. I went to Archivers looking for paper. I almost said Archivers and that would have put up a red flag because I'm getting rid of so much sb supplies LOL

Mine should be there Thursday or Friday. I sent it by post office.

lizzyea Offline
#2125 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:15:45 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Well, you gals certainly fooled me completely! I'm so gullible. LOL But, I'll love all the surprises and will completely enjoy it. Sarah will, too, of course! She had already asked me if I would make a scrapbook for her.

Well, I hired the girl two doors down and she helped me move boxes to the storeroom today. We took some book boxes and our Christmas tree over there which opened up a bunch of space in the garage. I had her load some stuff into my car, too, for the Friends of the Library as well. That will be grand. I will have her load some bags for Goodwill tomorrow and hopefully I can get that stuff dropped off tomorrow. I've actually gone through all of my clothing! I can't believe it.

The guys have the dining room walls stripped of wallpaper and are now in the downstairs bathroom and guestroom. I need to get back upstairs and finish what I started earlier. I was working on photo albums but ran out of boxes so quit. I'm not much motivation to work today.

Actually, I could work on paying bills, so perhaps that is what I will do now.

Thanks again, my friends!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2126 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:46:14 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Giggles!

Lizzy I really do have a friend whose daughter is getting married this summer and her color is royal blue too. I am helping a little bit with that wedding but no where near what I told you. It was quite difficult pumping you for information. We all had to gang up in a way.

Laurie good luck with the realtor meeting. I put my layouts on my old blog. I did do 8 of them.

Pat hope you got the birthday present ordered and your errands done.

Rhonda Jim's jacket was taken last Wednesday night but he got it back on Thursday and then on Friday night it was taken again. LOL Hope you get all those family problems taken care of.

Well I need to get back to payroll. I want to get it all finished so I can watch tv for a while.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2127 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:53:48 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies. :)

Spent yesterday figuring out pictures. Shutterfly had 101 free pics so I ordered them. I am pretty sure 2011-2013 is organized and done. Now I have to go back and figure out 2007-2010. The bad part is they are on our old computer and it moves like a slug.
Today is new house. I will do areas I did not do last week.

Lizzy, do you have anything left in your house?? hahaha You are really making great progress. Having the guys working on the rooms will keep you hopping. I am so glad you found someone to help you haul items too. :)

Pat, did you get your errands ran yesterday?
Tay leaves tomorrow and comes home next Tue. He is using the SB airport so that makes it easy.

Nancy, how is your toe? Does your son help a bit with the extra kids this week?

Laurie, I suppose you will be busy getting the house ready for the realtor.

Rhonda, you sure are quiet these days. How is work going? How is little Payton doing?

It was 21* this morning and DS started work at 8 to wash windows. Not sure how that will go. He wasn't supposed to start till the end of April (spraying for mosquitos) but they were in a bind and needed help this week with windows.

Time to get going. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!! :)
imnchghere Offline
#2128 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:28:15 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. sunny but still chilly here. I threw a small tarp over my rosemary that is on the deck because it was supposed to be in the upper 20's.
Lizzy, I am so glad we were able to surprise you. You might be gullible, but are not an easy one to get info out of sometimes. My pages could arrive tomorrow via USPS. I also added some of my leftover larger pp pieces in case you want to to do a page.

Well, it is down to the wire on being ready for the meeting this weekend. Mostly it is my reports and then Jim & I have a couple presentations to make. Scrap booking has been set aside at this point. I have one set of pages that I want to finish, but they will have to wait until next week.

I have got to plan a trip to CA soon. My Mom took a fall and is in the hospital. She will be ok, but they won't send her home until she is mobile. She fell on her behind, but she has bursitis in one hip and she is in a lot of pain. My sister said no need to go right now, but once she gets home will be a different story.
I did get Stephanie's birthday gift ordered and it will be delivered on Friday to her house. I also took care of my other errands. Only thing I didn't do yesterday is zest/juice some lemons. I had forgotten I wanted to do that. I will then make lemon curd.

Paula, can you just copy your pictures off the old computer onto a flash drive or external hd and then work on sorting them using the new computer?

I need to get busy here and let my cousin in VA know about my Mom. Also my girls.
Hope everyone has a good day.
lizzyea Offline
#2129 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:01:17 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good morning, friends!

Pat, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother's fall and subsequent pain and suffering. OUCH! It doesn't get any better as you age. It's so hard when our loved ones are far away. Keep us posted on her progress.

Yes, indeed, Miss Rhonda, do let us know how you are doing. Don't let the family problems get you down. You cannot control them and thus, you cannot let them get to you too much. (I know, easy for me to say.)

Well, Carrie, whatever type of jacket Jim had, it must have been a good one getting it taken by others so many times! Was it lined with gold?

Yes, I guess I was a hard one to squeeze information out of. I didn't mean to be that way.

I have made a "to do" list for today. I have the wallpaper strippers and the electricians both today and may feel a bit nutso. I have a list of things to do although I may not get to much of it as they will both be working downstairs and much of my list requires me to be downstairs. I will have the electricians start in the kitchen, though, so hopefully I can do much of my work in the family room first. Here goes:

--tidy family room
--take all photo albums upstairs
--put school stuff in living room
--move all Christmas stuff into garage/truck to go to storage unit

My helper, Sarah T., is coming back today, but I don't know if she will be able to help me much so I may cancel her until tomorrow. I need these wallpaper guys out of the downstairs hallway because it's just too crowded for us to be taking things out of the house with them in the hallway and the front entry is not convenient to taking things out to the driveway. I'll give it some time to think through before I cancel her entirely.

I can do lots of work upstairs if some of this stuff falls through. I still have my scrapping stuff to continue packing. Sad

And then, if that was not feasible, I have a cart full of school things to do. ThumbDown

I hope you all have way more fun things to do today than I do!

Flee57 Offline
#2130 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:00:46 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends.

So sorry about your Mom taking a fall Pat. when my Mom fell and broke her hip I wanted to go right up to MI but it made more sense for me to wait til she got home. I'll say a little prayer that she hels quickly.

Lizzy, you are making me tired LOL I'm glad that you found someone to help you out. We are going to get a dumpster to get rid of the junk in our yard. It's just kind of been piling up on the side of one of our out buildings and it's time to get rid of it all

Ok, I just made something for a craft show I am doing with a friend of mine. it's a small clipboard and 4 recipe cards. I'll attach a pic. What would you guys price this at? I don't have a clue. Thanks for looking.

going to lunch tomorrow with a friend from the newspaper office I worked at. Haven't seen her for a few years so it should be a nice visit. I am also meeing someone I worked at the hotel with. She just bought my steam cleaner. I will be glad to get that monstrosity out of my house!

This week I went back to doing a menu and I'm loving it! I hate figuring out what to eat so now I'm just figuring it out on Sunday and then shopping on Monday. And my grocery bill wasn't that bad because I only bought what I needed. Usually I just buy whatever. I like this new lifestyle of mine! LOL

Later!
File Attachment(s):
DSCN1972.JPG (3,219kb) downloaded 31 time(s).