Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7172737475>»
imnchghere Offline
#2161 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:06:09 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. wow, am I ever behind on here. I need to go to the store and get some meat and fresh produce. I have one load of laundry to get done and I really want to spend some time in the yard. Much like the cherry blossoms down town, suddenly everything is having a growth spurt. I want to keep the weeds at bay and that is going to be hard. Going to be upper 70's most of the week. I also have a LOT of plants that need cutting back drastically. And many that need moved.

Lizzy, it does sound like things are progressing well with the house. I get a kick out of your stories/updates. I am also glad you have your dress for the wedding taken care of. Hopefully you will be able to knock out of some of those papers that need grading while babysitting for Kelly.

Laurie, I hope you can move forward, now that you know what needs to be done. I thought about a red door when we had our house resided. The house is white with black shutters. But we kept the door white. Not sure if I told you, but I do like the cards you are going to sell.

Rhonda, so glad you got some time with the kids and Payton. I am with you on the *rain is good, but can do without the winds*. I've been thinking about you as I have worked on my research. I've been using Family Search a lot lately and wondering what books there might be in all their stacks in SLC.

Paula, hope you get MH done and Tay's flight is on time.

Carrie, wow another trip. Will you be gone long?

Nancy, hope the weather is taking a turn for the better in your area. Winter just kept hanging on everywhere. Jim's cousin in CO had snow yesterday I think. He is near Denver I think. I hope also you can get the toe taken care of.

Well I need to get busy here and get to the store and then into the yard.
Have a great day everyone.
lizzyea Offline
#2162 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:25:49 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good morning friends. Whew! There were so many posts to read after mine last night....and I missed your post, Nancy, which was before Laurie's. So, I had to go back and read it.

First, Nancy, I'm glad your toe went back into place. But, keep that appointment so the doc can decide what to do about it so this doesn't keep happening. I'm sure it isn't pleasant and you don't want it to keep happening over and over again! Sorry your weather doesn't seem to be giving you much of a break, but soon enough Spring will have arrived in Minnesota for you! (I hope....I hope....!)

Carrie, tell us about your trip to NYC! Business for DH and fun for you? Or just fun? Or are you even going with DH?

Pat, it sounds like your daily chores got away from you with the weekend meetings, so I hope you get caught up! Those cherry blossoms look gorgeous...I know you don't get down to the District to see them every year, but they sure a beautiful!

Laurie, good luck with the red door! I believe a red door signifies a sanctuary in the realm of the Christian church customs. Can anyone verify that?

Rhonda, I'm so glad you got to watch the game last night with the kids and baby! (How are kids and baby different? Nevermind...we all know!) I only saw the last few minutes, but I guess it was exciting. I usually always root for Louisville, so I didn't mind that they won. (Sorry, Carrie!) Anyway, I'm so glad they came over and you got to spend time with them!

Paula, I'm sure you will be excited to see Tay when he returns and hear all about his trip! Do fill us in on all the details!

As for me, I hope to hit Costco before getting to Kelly's. I am going to buy some clear plastic container boxes there to put stuff in...stuff I don't want to put into cardboard boxes...for the storage shed. I think that will help me get moving again on the packing. I'm kind of at a standstill here and need to get cracking again.

The only group that picks up in this general area is the Vietnam Vets which would be fine but they cannot come for a couple of weeks and it was right when we were to be in Vegas...so that didn't work out. I'm not sure what we will do, other than put the big items in the garage for a later pick up. Grrr.... I called the woman who picks things up after yard sales but she hasn't called me back yet. Today's only workers are electricians. Tomorrow the ceilings are to be scraped and then the walls textured. Supposedly the painting can begin on Monday...I hope and pray that is true.

Well, I'd better get moving. I have to get dressed and take the dog to the vet. I will have to see how much time I have between getting dressed and leaving for the vet...see if I can get a box packed or stuff moved to the garage...or whatever!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2163 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:12:11 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Oh I have to jump all over the historical significance of the red door. There are a few but this is fun.

• In Ireland, a red door is thought to ward off evil spirits. Hence, the religious significance; the ground beyond the door is holy and sacred.

In Scottland, it means that the mortgage has been paid.

US history states in several sources that red doors were safe houses especially on the underground railroad.

In China, they paint the door red right before the new year, hoping it will bring good luck and happiness into the home. Which also brings in the Feng Shui where the door symbolizes the mouth. So by painting it a bright color, it draws "chi" or positive energy into the home.

As for NYC, this is a business trip for JIm. He has to go to these meetings every couple of years. I will have to go to a software class Friday. I never learn much but by doing this I can put my two cents in and get them to change the software a bit. That is my agenda again this year. Then I go to the vender area and look at new and exciting things and get deals on other things we either sell or use. Jim is in classes off and on all day through Monday. I'll be doing shopping and site seeing when he's doing that. LOL So it's both business and fun.
Flee57 Offline
#2164 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:38:40 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

Carrie thanks for the red door history. Interesting. i knew about the underground railroad thing. I just want it painted red for the "oh" factor. My house is quaint and cute but I think the red door will add pizazz to my house. The house front is red brick and the shutters are like a colonial blue. Those 2 colors are a fave combo of mine. how exciting that you get to go to NYC. That's on my bucket list. I've seen it from the George Washington Bridge looking backwards but thats it. After a 3 hr traffic jam in the Bronx, I just wanted to go home. I had just wanted to go to the Jersey side and view it and take pics. That was in 2000. Wish we had stopped cause 9/11 changed that skyline forever :(

Rhonda, I'm so glad you got to see Payton Monday night and enjoyed the visit. I was rooting for L'ville to win. It was an exciting game! Hope you get to see them more often.

Lizzy, you are just on a roll! It's sad that more organizations won't come and pick up stuff. When I do my yard sale, on the last day I am inviting all the ladies who have bought or looked at my stuff online to come and just get what they want because it's not coming back into my house! Tonight I sold my biggest item so far...my sewing table. I honestly don't know what I have left to sell but I'm going through everything again saying "do I really need this?" That will hopefully let me let some stuff go.

Paula, I'm sure you're glad to have Tay home. I hope he had a great time.

Nancy, your toe going back into place sounds like OUCH! Hope you don't get the snow they are expecting. it was 80* here today! And things are blossoming everywhere!

Pat, I hope you're getting caught up with everything. And yes, spring is here and everyting is suddenly blossoming. My Niece, who just actually moved right into DC got a pic of the cherry blossoms for me. I'll have to post it here for everyone. She has a real good eye for photo taking.

I've got a lot of work on the house ahead of me to get it ready for May 2 but I think it's a great idea to have it for sale during the commuinty yard sale.

I had Thai food for the first time today and I really liked it. Wasn't sure if I would or not. Will have to go back again some time.

well that's all I've got for now.

Later
Flee57 attached the following image(s):
559886_569556618635_1184138767_n.jpg
rm920 Offline
#2165 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:53:53 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday we were in the 70's. This morning it is 33* We did get some nice rain last night. But it may turn to sleet today. Glad we missed the hail and real high winds yesterday.

Carrie, have a great time in NYC. Glad you were able to go "topless" yesterday. Hopefully there are many more days like that to come.

Laurie, you must have a good buy/sell network in your area. You have done really good at selling your items. I have never had Thai food - would like to try it some day.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Happy Hump Day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2166 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:38:16 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Laurie, you are having nicer weather than we are. It did hit 70 yesterday but it was rainy so it was damp. They had asked DS to work today because they have lots of windows to do and not enought workers but he got a text last night that the customer canceled because of the rain. It's not raining now...wonder if it's coming.
My niece who goes to George Mason got some pics of the blossoms too. Pretty time of year in DC! I am thinking this rain will encourage the buds here.
I think having your house up for sale during the sale is a great idea. Lots of extra traffic.
We have a Thai place here, I have only been there a few times but it is yummy!

Wow!! DS just got up...wonder what they did to my son in NC!! haha, just kidding. They had to be up between 5:30 and 7 everyday he was there. 5:30 yesterday so he was tired and went to bed early last night. Maybe we will see if we can drop his car off for a front end alignment before I go clean.

Carrie, interesting info on the red door. I didn't know those fun facts! :)

Pat, what are you up to out there?

We leave Friday for KY for the dental mission trip. We were going to ride with BILs group because they got a new church bus but their numbers went down so they are taking their 18 passenger van which means we are back to driving. So...I took our van in for an oil change and they said we needed tires. Those got put on yesterday. Today I do my new house, then I am meeting Deb for coffee and then will help with the dinner at church.

I have been typing this for a long time and need to run to drop off the car.

Hope everyone has a super day!
imnchghere Offline
#2167 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:26:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful day here again, but it will be upper 80's. Some areas could hit 90. Then we will inch back down to normal (70's) with rain on Friday.
Paula, I had forgotten you were going to KY soon. Hope you get all the cars taken care of. I hate when you go for one thing and they find another. We are having the windshield done on the JEEP today. I am hoping it turns out to be a pressure crack which is covered by warranty. It is NOT from a rock. I am hoping to get out to the yard today and get some of the weeds taken care of. I also want to get back to work on the purging of the spare bedroom, but will do it on Friday when it is raining. I need to get the holiday tubs out of there and the few odds and ends items first.
Rhonda, glad you didn't get the hail and wind.
Laurie, I have pictures very similar to the one you posted. Taken from the end of the mall. I have been watching the blossom cam online. Did you see the link to it I posted on FB? I would have liked to go down town, but Jim wasn't really interested. I guess because he goes down there every day. oh well.... Saturday is the parade and will be jam packed with tourists.

Well, I am going to get outside and take on those weeds, while the temp is bearable. Have a good day everyone.

Flee57 Offline
#2168 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:53:53 AM(UTC)
Flee57

good glorious morning to you all! We are experiencing 70* with a breeze and intermittent sunshine. with my window open last night, the birds got me up early but I closed the window and went back to sleep :)

Paula, is your Niece involved with Relay for Life at George Mason? If she is then she might know my Niece. She works for the ACS as the relay coordinator for 4 colleges and I beliee George Mason is one of them. I really wanted to go see the blossoms this year but with all this house stuff I wasn't able to.

Rhonda, that is a drastic weather change. Glad you didn't get the hail and wind

Pat, I did get the link and was watching it this morning wishing I was there! Looks like a gorgeous day today. My Niece moved into her DC apartment over the weekend. I don't remember the neighborhood she's in but it's on quincy place NW. She lives in the basement apartment of a row house. she's so excited about living there now

Well, I best get to working on the house. all the windows are open and I'm enjoying the fresh air.

later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2169 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:26:34 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

I have a to do list a mile long for today.
Starting with taking DS's car in to have a chip fixed in the windshield. I took mine in yesterday and made an appointment to do DH's this morning, forgetting that he was leaving for Chicago at 6:30 this today. ugh! so...I am taking DS's instead. We have never had chips in any windshield and now we all have them....weird.

Anyhow, Thursday house and then I will tackle my list.

We had thundershowers here yesterday. I did get lunch in with Deb at Panera. :) Picked up some water and snacks to take on the trip too. Oh, I dropped off a load of stuff at a thrift store too.

Speaking of that...Lizzy, are you buried under a stack of boxes?? Hope all is well.

Gonna run..

Carrie, I hope you have a great trip!! :)

rm920 Offline
#2170 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:00:09 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

Paula, hope you can get all the errands completed today. It sure is odd that all of your vehicles have chips in them. I haven't had a chip in quite a long time.

Carrie, safe travels and enjoy the big city.

Laurie, glad you could enjoy the open windows. We actually have wind chill of 19* this morning. Hope this is winter's last blast and spring will come to stay.

Lizzy, how is the house projects coming along? Hope you haven't been buried under boxes.

Nancycs Offline
#2171 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:47:03 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning from cold, icy and now snowy MN! YUCK!Tongue

RHonda I also hope this is winter's last blast. We will only get to 35* and with very poor weather so the roads will just get worse as the day goes on. I just hope that the ice and wind don't knock down power lines and trees with this. It wasn't too far from here where that has already happened. I am glad you got to see Payton again. Hopefully it won't be so long until the next visit.

Paula that is weird about your windshields. It has been a long time since we have had one. Have you gotten all your piles you made in your house put away? I have to assume that is how you got your thrift store stuff.

Laurie send your weather my way please!! Doesn't having those windows open just make it enjoyable to work on the house after having it closed up for so long?

Pat I will take you weather too! (Keep the rain though, we have had enough of that) Did you get all your weeds taken care of?

Carrie that is interesting about the red door. When do you leave for NYC?

Lizzy I imagine you will have a mess today with the ceilings being done. I imagine they do a fairly good job of cleaning up after themselves. When will all the remodeling be done?

Besides our yucky crazy weather there isn't anything new here. School is 2 hours late here so we will see if it is canceled. The kids hope so!

We will be getting together to scrap on the 20th so I should see where I am with my scrapbooks. It has been quite a while since I scrapped. I think I may need to cut some titles from last time. I think I have them ready in DS but I can't remember.

I better get the oatmeal made!

Have a great day!!

lizzyea Offline
#2172 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:32:54 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Thursday morning friends....

Am I buried under boxes? Or just junk? Or perhaps in a dumpster? I'm not sure and honestly, my anxiety is sky-high right now. I'm working to keep it under control, but I'm not doing a very good job. I am hoping to vent a bit of it here.

Sorry many of you are still having a bit of winter weather. We are enjoying warmer weather, although earlier this week we had ferocious winds during the night. I incorporated those into my dream and dreamt that Terry was out and got into a terrible car accident involving the wind. (I think I incorporated a TV show I had watched, too.) Talk about vivid!

Anyway, our weather is good which is good for all the work being done here. The work that is being done presently needs warm, dry weather so it is cooperating!

The housing market is very HOT right now here in California (as well as several of the other western states). Therefore, the goal is to get our house to look its very finest...to get the maximum price...possible even get buyers into a bidding war. Yes, that is actually happening and people are ending up selling their houses within days after they go on the market at prices over what they are asking. Therefore, we are sprucing our house up like you have never seen.

It is being "staged" to look like a model home. Nothing is being left untouched. From walls to ceilings, from to back, every piece of furniture...every single thing is being scrutinized. It takes quite a bit of time. The first contractor was a week late starting and that has thrown all the interior work behind. The subject came up of having him do more work on some new items and I just nixed having him do more because I feel like I cannot rely on getting him here when he says he will be here. Once he starts, he's good....but it's getting him to start.

Anyway, I am so far from being packed up it's ridiculous! I finally got everything out of the girls' rooms, but it's all piled in the bonus room and now I have to get in there and get all that packed up and out of there. Then, there's the downstairs...family room, living room, and kitchen to do. I honestly don't know how much of that stuff we will keep - ultimately. Fortunately, there isn't much storage (except for the kitchen) so there isn't much squirreled away.

Today, my tasks are to drop off a load of donations at a Thrift Shop, go to Home Depot and pick out a new sink, go to Costco and pick up the photos of Sarah and Yashmin. Then, come back home and work on packing up the bonus room. I'd like to drop off another load of donations tomorrow at the same Thrift Shop, this time stuff from the downstairs and my closet and bedroom, but I already kinda know what that will be.

I am getting hairapy on Friday so that will take a couple of hours, but overall the rest of my time needs to be spent at home for the most part just purging and packing.

OK...enough about me!

Carrie, I love NYC! We have had several very enjoyable trips there. I think this time of year would be good - maybe it isn't so hot. One year we were there in August and it was hot and humid...yeech! No matter, you will have a good time!

I have never had to have a windshield fixed...at least not that I can recall. I know on one car, I had a nick, but I didn't have it fixed, although I think I should have. Hmmm...don't have that car any longer. Whew! I dodged a bullet.

OK, friends, I need to go. I'll check back in and let you know how my day went. Send me silent wishes for much success in my endeavors!

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2173 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:18:28 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hello all. I am packed and ready to go.

I went to Macy's this morning to buy a raincoat and got home and they hadn't removed the security tag. So I called them and got thru to a manager and asking how to get this thing off since I had to leave for the airport in an hour. She came over with a removal tool and even gave me a $25 coupon for my trouble. How nice was that! So now I am sitting here in my new coat.

Lizzy you aren't going to be able to live in your house. It will be so nice you won't want to touch anything. Hope it sells quickly. I know the housing market is up here too for the more expensive homes. I would love to get rid of this monster.

Nancy I sure hope spring arrives soon for you. That is just too cold for April.

Paula maybe the squirrels were throwing acorns at your cars. That is very weird that all your cars have chips. Better to fix the chip than replace a windshield though. And Pat has a cracked windshield too.

Pat did the warranty kick in on your crack? I bet the cherry blossoms are just beautiful. I am reading the book Mrs. Lincoln's dressmaker right now and she talks about the cherry blossoms.

Rhonda so glad you got some quality time in with Payton and the kids. Hope you get to do it again soon.

Well I have to shut down now. Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2174 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:24:00 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good afternoon Friends!

Rainy and chilly here today. I think we've avoided the severe weather we were supposed to have. I still have the windows open...not only for fresh air but the smell of rain too.

I had such a hard day yesterday. My BIL's dog had to be put down and I was just so heartbroken for them. they had Beamer for 16 years! I made me think about my own pain I will feel some day. I only hope I get that many years with her. I just kept crying all day. then, when I was taking pics of my magnolias I got all emotional about this maybe will be the last spring that I wait for them to blossom. So I cried more. then I cried because I can't reach the corner by the toilet in the bathroom to paint it. D can't reach it either. I'm thinking of just hiring someone to paint the 3 bedrooms and my sb room. I would rather concentrate on really cleaning everything. And if I hire someone, they will get it done a lot faster than me. I don't have a large home so there's no showcasing but I want it to look nice and be very clean! I hope we can get it listed before the community yard sale so we get exposure.

Carrie, how nice that they came to your house with the removal tool. They should. After all it was pretty careless that they didn't remove it at the register. Have fun in NYC and take pics!

Paula, sorry about your windshield. We had a crack too close to the edge so it's couldn't be repaired.

Lizzy, sorry your anxiety is getting the better of you. I think you are just overwhelmed with the enormity of the job, the wedding coming up. Just sit back during hairapy and breath.

Rhonda and Nancy, sorry about your winter weather. Hopefully it will be the last blast for you.

Pat, I hope you've gottn all caught up with everything since getting home.

Later!

lizzyea Offline
#2175 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:31:14 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....

Carrie, you are fortunate the woman from Macy's came to your home to remove the security tag. We had that happen years ago when we were on vacation but didn't realize the tag was still on the garment until we returned home. What a pain!

Laurie, I'm so sorry about your BIL's pooch. It is a terrible loss to experience. Yesterday, we threw out Arizona's water and food dishes, and I cried again. We still have to dispose of her bed and it will be another loss. Every time we let go of another thing it is another loss.

I lost it today at Lowes. I had to get a kitchen sink so I went to Home Depot. The sink I wanted had to be special ordered. I waited at the customer service desk (oops...the not-customer service desk) and finally the woman said, oh every special order takes 7-10 days. I suggested she tell the people on the floor so they can tell the customer so they don't have to wait at the customer service desk for a piece of information that is so automatic and standard. (Yes, I was a bit peeved.)

Then, I went to Lowes. I asked the first person who worked there for help. He said he would get someone for me. He returned and told me the helper was helping someone else but would help me as soon as he was finished helping this other person. After 15-20 minutes, it appeared that the person I saw helping someone was done...however, I saw the man then go to help someone else. So, I went to the guy and waited until he was finished and politely asked him if he had been the person who had been asked to help the person waiting in the kitchen sink area. He said no he did not know someone was waiting but he would be happy to help me. At that point, he was so extremely nice and helpful, I became teary. He then helped me....I got the sink, paid for it, he pushed it out to my car and loaded it up for me. Oh my gosh....I still feel like crying. I am so overloaded and stressed. I just feel like crying my eyes out for every single thing in this world.

Don't worry, I will be fine. I am just overwhelmed. I am hoping to get the bonus room packing finished today. It's a big jumble in there because I've dumped lots of stuff in there from everywhere upstairs! LOL But, if I work steadily, I can get it finished. I should turn on the TV and just watch something and work away.

Thanks for listening to my drama!

Everyone take care. Laurie, enjoy every second with Sadie and don't spend time thinking about when she is not with you. Just savor your time now. Always do the best for her now so you will not have any regrets.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2176 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:36:13 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello

Lizzy, you have a lot going on at one time, it's understandable that you feel overwhelmed! Take a deep breath....you can only do one thing at a time so do what is in front of you and when that is done...go to the next.

Well, I am packed and ready. We will be leaving for KY before 8 so I won't be getting on the computer. You probably won't hear from me until Tue. night or Wed.

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one. Lizzy, hang in there.
imnchghere Offline
#2177 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:55:45 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Safe travels to you tomorrow Paula.

I will have to catch up with everyone else in the morning. It has been a busy day and I am tired.
lizzyea Offline
#2178 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:58:58 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....and thanks for your support and reminders to take it easy and breathe! I know that in a few days or a few weeks this stress will be behind me and I can relax. Terry is worried about the money, but I'm not as worried about that as he is - surprise! I'm just concerned about getting everyone organized and getting it all done. I know I need to relax and recognize I don't have super-powers and absolutely cannot mastermind everyone and everything, and can only do the best I can do. So, enough said about all that!

After I posted my earlier message, I got our taxes done and then proceeded to pack more boxes. The bonus room got cleared out and Terry ended up making two runs to the storage shed. It is almost full and we are going to have to rent another one! YIKES!!

After my hairapy tomorrow, I should finish the bonus room and be able to move my efforts into my bedroom. Finishing up in there shouldn't take too long, then I hope to be able to move downstairs by Saturday. Most of the downstairs will be purging stuff and then wrapping breakables. I might have told you this before, but I'd like to go ahead and pack all the dishes we plan to keep and just leave the ones in the house that we plan to throw away. It will make our departure much easier...however, we'll still need to use our pots and pans that we will keep! LOL At least some of our things in the kitchen we can toss when we move! It will make our escape a bit easier!

Paula, maybe next year when you do the dental clinic, I can join you down there and help as well! I have always been interested in helping there...and now that I am retiring, it's my chance to finally help out! So.....yea!

Your view from the hotel room looks great, Carrie! Do you plan to go to any shows while you are in NYC?

Well, ladies, I need to go. It's chilly in here...sorry, but I need to bundle up!

Talk to you tomorrow!
rm920 Offline
#2179 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 5:37:20 AM(UTC)
rm920

Lizzy, sorry about all the emotions. Customer service is so frustrating at times and so helpful other times. Glad you were able to find a sink and good help. I do understand about letting go of our pets items. Hang in there. As for all the work going on at the house, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and soon it will all be done. Just imagine how great it will look and how much more you will get for it!

Safe travels to Paula.

Carrie, enjoy the big city.

Last night was genealogy meeting and tonight is Amber's play. She is so excited. The first performance was last night and they did well. She wanted me to come tonight. It is called Happy Valley High - a very small play. There are only 16 students involved in the whole production. (Her school is a small rural school) Each student does many things. I can't wait to see it.

Pat, enjoy all the beautiful blooms in your area. Our pear treas are in full bloom now and they are beautiful, but we have been around freezing the last 2 nights so keeping my fingers crossed for them

Nancy, hope your nasty weather is on its way out of your area. I think it is time spring makes it's appearance and stays!

OK off to work.
Flee57 Offline
#2180 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:02:23 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

I will be leaving soon for Ft Wayne. Hopefully I will be able to check in while I'm up there. Only staying a couple nights because I have so much to do here. We are going to the Vera Bradley outlet sale. kris lives right near the big VB factory.

Lizzy, I'm so sorry you are overwhelmed. I've seen how big your house is. I would be overwhelmed too. (((Hugs))) to you. I can only imagine how tough see AZ's stuff has been for you. and yes, I live every day feeling blessed for all the days I have with Sadie. When it's her time, we will know we gave her a good life.

Paula, we may cross paths LOL Probably not. I'm not leaving til about 11. But we might. Are you coming down 69? That's where I'll be.

That's all...gotta get in the shower.

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2181 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 2:42:15 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! Thanks for all your words of support...I am keeping them in my mind at all times. Today, I am working on keeping a positive attitude and just getting things done. I hope to have the bonus room done sometime today, although it's already 2:30 and I've made no progress. I did go to hairapy, but that's been about it.

This morning, around 4:00 AM, I got a phone call from my former SIL, Julia, who told me that my brother was near death. He has been in the hospital for nearly a week with pain, probably related to the blood clots he has been having trouble with for the past year. Yesterday, they did surgery to deal with the clots, but his lungs and heart did not recover from the surgery. He passed away around 7:45 this morning. I am so very sad for this loss...especially to my nephew who loved his father very much...for my brother who lived a very sad and troubled life...who never felt truly loved and accepted and who hid his shame and sadness in drugs and alcohol.

I am fine...Terry and I talked more about the gift bags for the wedding and came up with some plans. I talked to my painter and the woman who will be coordinating the granite install. The guy working on the ceilings and the wall texture is working away. I need to call about a termite inspection and about a fellow who will help move things tomorrow. Otherwise, I need to work on purging and packing.

Everyone take care...I love you all and cherish our friendship.
imnchghere Offline
#2182 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 8:14:54 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. Lizzy, I am so sorry about your brother. May he rest in peace. I am not so good with the words in these situations, but know that my thoughts are with you.

I didn't have a real productive day either. Although I did get a good ride on the bike while watching an original Hawaii 5-0 episode. I also spent a little time pulling weeds in the back yard. I had walked up to the veggie garden area and noticed how soft the ground was, so I just started pulling a few weeds. My garden gloves were in the house and I didn't feel like walking back down to get them, so I just pulled everything around 2 of the planters. It was a start and the plan is to get back out there tomorrow and take the gloves this time, along with a yard waste can to put the weeds in. Hoping I can get Jim out there as well to cut back branches on a couple bushes.

Got all the CFS packed up for now. Plan to get a couple boxes in the mail next week. Really want to get back to my purging, but I want to spiff the yard up first and this weekend will be perfect weather wise.

Lizzy, I can't imagine doing as much as you have been doing getting the house in order. I had forgotten you were having granite put in. That is one of the things I want if we are able to move forward on the kitchen remodel. I am still hopeful, but we might have to scale it back some.

Well, I am calling it a night. Tomorrow is another day.

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:35:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lizzyea Offline
#2183 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:03:16 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....thanks, Pat, for your reply.

I think it's very difficult to express oneself when someone loses a family member. It's just so awkward. My situation with my family is even more awkward. My relationship with my siblings is so difficult, especially the one with my brother. However, he was the only one I felt didn't stab me in the back...but I could no longer deal with the lying he resorted to because of his alcohol addictions. Nevertheless, it is sad that he has passed away. In a sense, he had a long suicide because the things that led to his death were of his own doing...years and years of drug use simply broke down his body.

OK...now on to other things. I am just about done with the bonus room. I thought I was done with Sarah's things, but saw another box of her stuff last night! YIKES! Oh well, it's just one more box. I'm also nearly done with Kat's stuff. Next, I will work in my bedroom...clearing out so the ceiling and wall man can get in there. I will likely start that today because I don't exactly know when he will need to start in there. I think I will put my clothing into a large suitcase and empty out my dresser so it can be moved out of the room.

We are getting three older boys over here tomorrow to help with heavy boxes and large furniture so having my dresser ready to move out will be good. They will also help move out the large bookshelves that are ready to be moved either to storage or given away. Whew!

Well...I'd better get moving. They are coming to measure for the granite today...but I cannot remember the time frame....10-2; 12-2; 10-12? Something like that. The woman called me and told me but I was in the middle of getting a quote from a guy on windows and I didn't write it down and... whoosh...it flew right out of my head!

Everyone have a good Saturday....I'll likely be back later.

rm920 Offline
#2184 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:55:05 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Lizzy, so sorry to hear of your brother's passing. I know your relationship with him has been difficult. But know you are in my prayers. You are making great progress on the house. I would be loosing my sanity if I had that much going on at once! Did they come to measure your countertops?

Pat, getting CFS packed up and weeds pulled is being productive! And you also got a bike ride in. I'd say you did alright.

Hope all the travelers are having a great time - Carrie, Paula, and Laurie!

Last night I went to Amber's play. It was set in the late 50's and there was lots of good music. The kids did a great job and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I thought they did a great job of making the scenery with little to no budget at all. I was very proud of all of them!

This morning I did some errands then came home and sprayed some round up to get an early start on weeds. This afternoon Cody called. He wanted to go fishing with his cousin over night so Drew and Payton came and are spending the night with me! She is just such a doll. I am really enjoying spending time with them. Both are sleeping now. I told Drew I would take the night feedings tonight. I hope I can remember how to do it BigGrin

Will check in again in the morning. Drew is looking forward to Belgian waffles!
lizzyea Offline
#2185 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:47:52 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...busy day again...although I think Terry was way busier than I was. Yes, the man came to measure for the granite. It turns out that we were unable to get the least expensive, mass-produced granite, so we had to go back to Home Depot and select a different one. Oh well...the once we are getting is more expensive, but has a better guarantee, etc. Then, it turned out that the sink I bought also was wrong. I chose a different sink from Home Depot and it turns out I can get it in about 5 days. The new sink is actually pretty cool. It's a double sink and the bowls are more square than rounded. Quite modern! Apparently, I will call in the sink model to the granite people and they should be able to cut the sink hole without having the sink here today. Let's hope so.

Tomorrow, we have three guys coming to help move some furniture to the storage shed. That will help considerably. We will also have them move furniture down to the garage as well. I emptied out my dresser and am hoping they can move it to the garage, too. We will have to see how far they can get it. Maybe all the way to the shed.

I have started projects in three different areas...the bonus room, the family room, and the kitchen. I may have ADD! I am working on packing in each of those rooms, but haven't finished anything anywhere! Aargh!

Rhonda, I am tickled that Drew and Payton are spending the night with you tonight! How fun. I hope Payton doesn't keep you up too much. I bet Drew is going to love getting a night's sleep, too! What time is breakfast? If I take the 2:00 am feeding, may I please come over for breakfast, too?

I'm also glad that Amber's play was a great success! I really enjoy those high school productions...it's fun to see how they manage to create costumes and sets on limited budgets!

I'm not sure how I am going to manage to get everything done I need to do in the next three days. I still need to buy things for the wedding gift bags, get the photo for the reception ready, do some clothes shopping for myself, and buy the actually gift bags. It boils down to a big trip to Michael's and a small trip to a department store. On top of that I need to return the sink we won't be using and work like crazy on packing. Last, I have to be ready to hit the road very early on Wednesday morning. So.....I guess I need to get very, very focused!

On that note, I'm going to say g'night and relax a bit before bed.

Flee57 Offline
#2186 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:06:14 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening friends!

Lizzy, I would give ANYTHING to come out and help you! I would if I wasn't going through my own house stuff and not trying to get it ready by 5/2. I want to come and give you a (((BIG HUG))) too. You've got a lot on your plate. Hang in there! You are doing great! Are you taking pics of your progress? I would like to see pics of your counters and sink though!

Rhonda, I'm so glad you got to spend more time with Payton. And good for Cody to realize you are a vital part of her life. I hope that continues for you. Glad Ambers play went well.

Pat, great start on the yard work. D and I are going to be working completely in the yard on thurs and fri to get it ready.

Door guys are coming to measure tomorrow. Tonight I am going to work on the cards and clipboards for the craft sale.

Better get to it

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2187 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:27:01 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Last night went very well with little Payton. It was so nice to be able to enjoy her for so long. Drew enjoyed the waffles - she had never had them before. Then Drew and I worked on a wall hanging for Payton's room. We didn't quite get it finished before they had to leave. So they will be back some evening this week or next weekend.

Lizzy I would have loved to have you join me for the 2:00 am feeding and then for breakfast this morning. You are welcome anytime! You have a busy week ahead. Is DD getting excited yet?

Laurie, hope you are making progress on your house projects as well. May 2nd will be here before you know it!

After Drew and Payton left, I went out and mowed the yard for the first time this year. Finished laundry and then showered. I am now relaxing with a hot cup of tea and watching TV.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Flee57 Offline
#2188 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:23:12 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Yet another sad day for these here United States. I'm afraid this one will be found out to be the home grown type...like Timothy McVey in OK city. I just don't understand this kind of hatred. What give us hope is to see people helping strangers. I know the first instinct is probably to run but I think most people would realize they were ok and go back in to help they say most of the runners kept running right to Mass General to donate blook. We really do live in a world that is mostly kindness and caring but those few who don't grasp the concept of good are out there and they make days like today yet another dark day in the history of the US.

lizzyea Offline
#2189 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:09:22 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Monday evening, friends!

Rhonda, I'm so glad you had a good time with Payton and Drew! I had no doubt that you would not be able to do the nighttime feedings - that they would come back to you with no problem! Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to come and help out and I'll partake of some waffles!

It also sounds like you and Drew are developing a very nice relationship...so nice for both of you!

Laurie, I enjoyed talking to you on and off today as I drove around running errands. I was a busy gal...returned a kitchen sink, returned two dresses, was fitted for bras, picked up more boxes, and went to the flooring store where I picked out carpet, some tile, and wood flooring. After dinner, Terry put 11 tall bookcases, a recliner, and a variety of other items on the driveway for the Salvation Army to pick up tomorrow. I hope they don't freak out when they see all the bookshelves! We are making progress in the house...it's just hard to see it, I think. We had the girls rooms just about completely emptied until we had to empty our room and then we put too much stuff into their rooms. Ugh! I think once we can go back into our room, things will look better. I am slowly making progress in the bonus room. I emptied out my desk tonight and got everything into smallish plastic boxes. One of them I am going to keep out and the others I will pack. I think I want to get rid of my desk, too, and plan to get something else after we move.

My plan for tomorrow is to run more errands and get the house pulled together enough for our painter to begin while we are away in Las Vegas for the wedding. I have an appointment at 10:00 in the morning and after that I will go to Michael's, then Costco; then home. After I'm home, I plan to do nothing except get the house ready, pack, and prepare to leave!

So, having said all that....I'm going to sign off and relax before turning in. Oh gosh....it's already 11:00...no wonder I"m tired!
Flee57 Offline
#2190 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:44:03 AM(UTC)
Flee57

good early morning everyone!

I went to bed early, so I am up early...since 4:30. But I am using this time to check FB and Cricut and then making more stuff for the craft sale. Then once D is up I will start tackling my scraproom. That is the one room that we are definitely having someone else paint so I have to pack up what I think I won't need. How the heck do you accomplish that when you have no idea how long it's going to take to sell the house and move? Lizzy, I think we are going to rent a storage unit here in RS like you are doing. If we don't, we'll have boxes everywhere. Now with hiring this guy to do all the work, I really have to step it up. It's going to cost a bit more than we expected but they will be doing a lot of stuff. We are so ready to go and get started in the new adventure. Now it looks like we are taking a huge stip in the right direction. Up until this point, I aimlessly went from one room to another not quite knowing what needed to be done. Now I gotta get my butt in gear! LOL

I have about 30 cards made so far. I am focusing on Mother's and Father's Day now. I bought 2 cool stamp sets to make them (only bought because I had nothing to use for these types of cards...I'm getting so good at buying only what I need!) So far I have 2 altered composition books made, 3 clipboards with recipe cards and working on a mini album. I have an explosiong box that I am making recipe cards to go into it. I will have the recipes on the cards. I think I will go with simple healthy snacks. The paper is a country/rooster motif so it will look good on a kitchen shelf. I was going to paint a canvas but I just packed all my canvases and painting stuff. I may just go ahead and bring one that I've already finished.

So this will be a very busy week for me. i hope it doesn't go by too fast LOL

Lizzy, you can call me today if you're out and about again. I'll be home most of the day.

Later!