Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7778798081>»
Nancycs Offline
#2341 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 6:10:06 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning!!

Laurie we had storms but nothing severe here.

Lizzy your retirement party sounded wonderful and then drinks with friends after that....sounds like a great way to end the day.

RHonda you have a busy day planned. HOw are things going with your job. Are you still working late? Yes we will do the work ourselves to level out the land. My FIL has a skid loader so we can do it whenever we want and and redo it if necessary. We have used it to clear the property already.

I was up early and got more grass seed down. I had run out so Rick picked up more for me. We have a bunch of areas that our grass died and never came back. It is so much of the back yard where the kids play. I have never had it happen before. I have done 2 areas in back, around a tree and one area in front. I have more to do in back but if I did it all the kids wouldn't have anywhere to play and they would have a maze to follow to get around!BigGrin I actually did a little research to find a good seed. The seed I planted last year died as well. I am not sure why but maybe I planted it too early in the fall and it was too warm. I may have to wait with the rest of the yard until fall because I don't want it to happen again.

Well time to get in the shower and get ready for the day. We will go to the fundraiser and then into town to run a few errand and then we will go to church.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Flee57 Offline
#2342 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:11:22 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone!

Lizzy, I was in tears with your description of your party. I can only imagine how emotional it was for you. It sounds like the house things are coming to a close soon. do you have an idea of when you'lll be listing it? It must be getting close.

Nancy, hope the fundraiser is a successful one.

Rhonda I'm glad you didn't get the severe weather. We didn't either. We are under the threat most of the day today though. Glad your Brother and Sister are ok. I'm telling you...I would have to move away. My BIL and his family are traveling home from FL today, driving right into it starting in Nashville. I don't think they've hit it yet but they will. I don't think there's any avoiding it.

My list...it's still there LOL I've done some of it but I gave myself til Sunday to finish it. I will come up with a new one on Monday.

That's it for now

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2343 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 6:13:48 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello, hello!

I haven't read up on the posts yet but wanted to say we are home. We had a nice week. Cold and rainy, but good. :)
imnchghere Offline
#2344 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:22:48 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Sunday morning.. Twice I have tried to post and both times the MB timed out on me. So I will keep this short and sweet.

Lizzy, I am so glad you had a wonderful retirement party with the school and it sounds like you will have some really nice memories. Soon lesson plans, report cards and grading papers will be in the past.

Carrie, I made a lot of my girls clothes when they were little as well. I made a few for the dgd's, but not as many. Did any of your guys play in the tournament? What else have you been up to?

Laurie, I haven't got my big list made yet, but I do need to do it. We took care of a few things in the yard yesterday and we might get to a few more today. We have a chance of t'storms this afternoon, so Jim needs to deal with the lawn and edging first. Anyway, I hope you made a dent in last week's. When will you start work with the realtor?

Nancy, we are having lawn problems also, but it is more with the weeds. Jim put down weed/feed and it appeared to be working, but now they are back. So he is going to have to put it down again.

Rhonda, I wondered if any of those storms were near you. Glad all your family in OK are ok. I have been working a little on research. In trying to make sure I have anything I might need while in CA, I have found a few things I had not put in my data base. Then I couldn't find a note I knew I had and got totally sidetracked trying to figure out where I found the info. Jim says I have gotten a little sloppy with my recording keeping.

Still no date set for CA. It should be sometime this month. But there are some things that need to be worked out with my sister and it has not been easy. Sometimes I feel like she is discouraging me from coming until later.

Paula, glad you had a good week at the cottage, even though it was cold and rainy.
rm920 Offline
#2345 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:30:17 AM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning all...

Welcome home Paula! Glad you had a good time even though it was cold and rainy.

Laurie, if we moved every time there was bad weather, where would be go? There is some type of bad weather everywhere! Hope you can knock out that list today.

Nancy, how was the fundraiser? Hope your grass seed takes this time. I have some areas I would like to re-seed and over seed but the last two very dry years have kept me from doing it. Maybe will try this fall. So far this year we are getting near normal rains.

Pat, your life is like mine! I have put the weed/feed down and it looks like it is working, then the weeds just come back. Almost want to give up. I think we all loose track of some info - even though I try not to. It is a challenge to keep a handle on all the information we find. Hope you can get the trip to CA worked out soon. I think you should just make a plan that works for you and go!

I did get everything on my list completed yesterday plus a few more tasks. The only thing I have to do today is pay a few bills. The rest of the day is free! I plan to head in to take care of the bills now and then try to get some layouts done!

It is a bit cool this morning - woke up to 52* - sure was nice sleeping last night. Should be a nice day again today then chance of storms again most of the week!

What is everyone else up to today?
lizzyea Offline
#2346 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 10:08:02 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Sunday morning....it's good to hear from most everyone, too! I'm glad that everyone has been safe from the tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Remember that everyone is subject to something dangerous wherever they live.

Rhonda, I hope you have a great day today doing what you enjoy doing....research or crafting or just being lazy!

Laurie, I guess today is L-Day...meaning the last day to get your list done! You will succeed!

Paula, so glad you had a good time at the cottage. Maybe a cool, rainy week was nice. Were you cozy indoors?

Nancy, I'm glad you are making progress on your land. Sorry about the problems with the grass, though. We are the world's worst when it comes to growing a good yard.

Pat, yes, we are narrowing down our choices and it looks like NC is coming in first. We are looking at what we call condominiums, what they call townhouses...but I guess it is all the same. We want a two-car garage, a great room (or living room), kitchen, dining area, at least three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. Some have a bit more room than that...perhaps one more bedroom, or a breakfast room and a dining room, or a loft. No matter what, the other deciding factors will be, of course, cost, proximity to Terry's business, and other things the community offers. I really would like a swimming pool not because I'm so svelte in my suit, but because it gets hot there and cooling off in a pool is nice. I'd like to have shopping nearby enough to walk to as well.

We have found one development that includes a shopping area with stores, restaurants, and some other amenities and we both like it quite a bit. There are quite a few units there for sale and they are still building in it as well. If I had to make a prediction, I'd predict there's at least a 75% chance we will end up there.

As for our house, we are getting closer and closer. Everything is done, except for finishing the painting, which is mainly the kitchen, and some of the odds and ends around the house. There is still some packing to do, mainly some breakables and all the wall pictures. There are odds and ends upstairs to take care of, still, but mainly there is stuff downstairs.

Our painter, Frank, will return on Monday and I imagine one more week should get it all done. We have a few windows being installed on Monday, too.

As for Terminix, who knows. We are now supposed to hear from someone in the corporate office. The local office told us they are waiting for a building permit from our city, but our city has no record of a request for a building permit. Getting a building permit in our city takes about 20 minutes...so someone is not being honest. I am supposed to get a call from this woman at the corporate office tomorrow....if not, she'll hear from me on Tuesday AM. Fortunately, I can call her before work because she is in Tennessee which is Eastern time.

On top of all this house stuff, I am still planning lessons, grading papers, etc. And, I'm trying to stay cool and calm....patience and learning to accept whatever is meant to be despite what I want.

I've got to go and work on school stuff or house stuff or whatever stuff. Everyone take care.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2347 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:22:59 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good Sunday afternoon!

Pat no none of my guys played in the tournament. Although Jim may think he could. He had a hole in one the other day. I am sorry that CA is being so difficult. Hope it all works itself out soon.

Rhonda glad things have settled down in the storm front. I have a lot of family in OK that are near the damage area. So far they are all good too. You sure work a lot in your yard. Is it therapy or just a PITA?

Nancy I had to laugh at the good seed.

Lizzy I loved reading about our retirement party. You're going to miss those gals. It will be sad but sweet. Where in NC are you looking? I have lots of friends in the Charlotte area. I would love to move there. I think it's time to tell Terminex they are going to read about themselves online and you have friends all over the US who are going to share it.

Laurie don't you hate that the list never ends. Keep plugging away.

Paula welcome home.

Well I have been at the tournament a lot both watching and helping. I got a new ipad with wifi for my birthday and take it will me so I have something to do and know what's going on with the tournament when I am posting letters and scores. We have decided that Chris needs more training than Dakota does an so he starts advanced training with her next Sunday. She knows that I am boss because I spend more time with her. She needs to learn that Chris is boss too.

Well I have to get ready. We are going out for Jon's birthday tonight. He got home from NC outer banks last night and was gone on both his and my birthday.
imnchghere Offline
#2348 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:16:24 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning all.
We had a good weekend making lots of progress in the yard. Jim hauled a lot of *junk* to the landfill/recycle from under the deck. I am sure my neighbor is glad to see that cleaned up, even though he can only see it when he mows his side yard. We also cleaned out all the old flower pots and leaves from under the stair landing. Hauled the pots away and mulched the leaves into the compost. We filled 2 large buckets with yard waste (weeds, leaves, branches).
Late afternoon, a line of really nasty storms moved in and we started with just rain, then it got ugly. Thunder/lightening right on top of us. I spent that time working on a pile of research notes. Tried to sort them into family lines. I even threw a few pieces of paper away. Oh horrors!!!! LOL
Today, I have some errands to run. I have to get a birthday card in the mail an return a cookbook that I don't want. I need to figure out how to cancel that offer. I never did get my list made this weekend. I just know I have a LOT to do.
I will deal with CA. This is my Mom and I should not be stressed about going. I try to keep in mind that my sister has had a lot put on her plate this year and it has disrupted her life. BUT...... and I will leave it at that.

Carrie, I had seen on FB about Jim's hole in one. Was that his first or has he had others?
Good plan for Dakota and Chris getting training together.
Lizzy, I will be very excited if you choose NC. And it is good to read about projects getting so close to be finished. We had a Terminex guy stop by the house the other day. They are *working* the neighborhood and I told him I have a friend who is having all kinds of problems with the company. I did say it wasn't local, but also didn't say it was CA. I did say it involved CS. I told him I would need to talk to my husband. He was going to return later that day, but we had some t'storms pop up and he didn't. That was a week ago and still no return follow up. Several people on the street were getting their service plan, so I am not sure why he hasn't been back.
Paula, you must still be catching up after being gone a week. I have one load of laundry I will probably do today and I need to vacuum and mop.

I need to get moving now. Catch you all later.

Edited by user Monday, June 03, 2013 6:18:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rm920 Offline
#2349 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:58:23 PM(UTC)
rm920

Pat, sounds like you made some great headway on those outdoor projects. Seems there is always something to be done in the yard! I laughed when you said you threw away a few note scraps. I too find myself hanging onto notes far longer than I need them, but you just never know! I am glad you have finally decided to just make your travel plans to see your mother!

Lizzy, you will be so excited to have all the projects completed. I just hope you can get the Terminix situation moving forward to a positive resolution. I know you are now counting the days and you have had such wonderful tributes from both students and your peers! That says a lot about the awesome teacher you are!

Carrie,you are busy as always. I hope DS and Dakota both learn a lot at their class!

I did spend most of the day on Sunday at my craft desk on layouts. And I have several more pages lined up and ready to work on. So I felt the day was productive.

As for the yard, it is both - therapy and a PITA! As for mowing, now that I have a good dependable mower, I really do not mind mowing. It is relaxing for the most part. I just wish I could afford a nice yard with no weeds! But I sure do enjoy sitting on the deck watching the hummers and other birds!

UGH!!! I see I have the "security image" againAngry Cursing
Flee57 Offline
#2350 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 7:13:09 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Rhonda, you got to scrapbook! What is it like? LOL
Flee57 Offline
#2351 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 7:16:28 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I didn't have the security thing when I posted
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2352 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:42:40 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies...I am still around. :) Trying to catch up to life.
Spent the first half of today at the courthouse. Doing my civic duty..haha. I did not get called to sit on a jury so I finally got released. Too late however to clean either of the two houses I was going to do today with Vonda. They have both been rescheduled which is a pain in the drain...oh well, at least I don't have to call in the rest of the week.

Carrie, so sorry I missed your birthday, sounds like you got to celebrate twice. :) Happy Birthday late, I know celebrating those years is a wonderful blessing!! :D

I read all the posts yesterday and am trying to comment today...big mistake!! Can't remember...

This Sunday is our big Do Something day at church. We have about a thousand people going out in the community to serve in many ways. DH is heading up a crew to paint the light poles in Stevensville. (a group of ours did St. Joe's last year) I am heading up a group that will cook 100 meals for the emergency shelter that will be froze. That way when someone comes in they can pull out a meal to eat.

Anyhow...I need to get the groceries for that and now clean on Friday too. It kind of jams up the week.
Flee57 Offline
#2353 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:12:09 AM(UTC)
Flee57

good afternoon Friends!

Wow Paula, that grocery shopping sounds like a big task. Are you doing it alone? How many of you will be putting together the 100 meals? Sounds like you church will be doing lots of good things.

Lizzy, is there a link to the condos you're looking at? I'd love to see them. I love looking at floor plans and how people decorate. I watched a show about staging on DIY the other night. It was a lady out of LA I think who has a huge warehouse full of stuff. She decorated and LA mansion that was owned by Goldwyn of MGM. did a beautiful job! Another one did a little bungalo on Venice Beach. Will your house be staged with you things or is your realtor bringing stuff in? See, if I went into a house that was staged, I would want them to leave everything in the house for me! Hope you're having good days at school. Not too much longer! I'm so excited for you!

I scrapped today. Digitally anyway. Felt good!

Later!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2354 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:35:23 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow Laurie! That does sound like a lot of meals!! Actually...it is 100 individual meals. Plus we will make little baggies of slushy fruit and a desert. (I am thinking of granola bars and peanut butter bars) That way, however many new people show up, they can pull out a meal for each. At this shelter, they are responsible for buying their own food but when someone arrives, they are often in a crisis situation (and often at night). They would not arrive with food or money to buy any. So...this will provide them with something to eat.

I did not realize the pages you posted on FB were digital. I really like them. My fav is the one with the ribbons.

Think I might mow the front lawn so DH just has to do the sides and back. hmmm...
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2355 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:57:22 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning!

Must be a busy time of year for everyone.

Laurie, I have 14 people helping me Sunday. We plan to have it all done in four hours. Last year I didn't have that many and we ran over so I asked for more help. This year's menu is a bit easier I think too.

Nancy, are your schools out yet? Ours got out last week but my sister's area goes through this week. Will that mean a change in the kids you have?

Lizzy, I bet things are really hopping for you!! So close to the end of the school year and the house projects, how are you doing??

Pat, what are you up to these days? I thought of you when I was at the cottage. I was trying to do some outside work and the bugs were a challenge. When I went in I had a spot of blood under my eyebrow. I couldn't see anything else. Well my SIL looked at it later and said it was a bite. Strangely, it didn't swell up and itch until much later. Those little black bugs were pesty! It was very windy most of the week so that did help.
Did you guys get your garden planted? I can't remember what you did.

Rhonda, where oh where are you? Is your job going well?

Carrie, what is the news with the puppy? Are you surviving that?? :)
How is Jen liking having a house? Is that working out well for her?
They are going to hold the Senior Golf tournament here again in 2014. DH signed up to work it. If fact, our church will man a hole. You may want to take a road trip this way and check it out.

I don't know if it's the weather, time of year or what but I keep thinking about our group getting together. I know many have been so very busy but is anyone thinking about a gathering?? Maybe move it back to the fall a bit?? I am open and would like to hear what all of you think.

Well, today I do my newest house. (Carrie, it's on the Harbor Shores golf club), then I may grocery shop for staples for Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day!! :)
imnchghere Offline
#2356 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:01:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and happy middle of the week. I am on my way to the yard to plant flowers in the island. I hope I can get them all in, as we have rain coming from a tropical system the next couple days. We are also hoping to go to back to back baseball games for 2 of the grands on Saturday, so anything I can get done today will help. Plan is to make a dump run on the way to the game. Other than that, I have 2 piles of paper to deal with. One is my passwords and the other is my research notes. I am checking each p/w to make sure if they are still good and trying to make an updated list. Some sites I no longer care about also.
Jim said he would help me with the research notes and if I still don't want to throw them away (Rhonda, I know you understand), he will scan them for me and put them on one of my clouds, then we will throw the paper away. I promised I will also go back to jotting notes in a spiral notebook like I did when I first started.
Paula, I am glad you didn't have a reaction to the bite. Today is breezy and I am hoping if the bugs are out, the breeze will help. I didn't notice any when I fed the fish earlier and picked up branches in the backyard. I also checked the garden and we have lots of volunteer cucumber plants. I would love it if any of them produced since I know they are the English cucumbers. We did get everything planted and a new compost box built. Jim still needs to move the contents out of the old one, but it can wait, until other things are finished up. Still have a few piles of fieldstone to move from under a tree. I can do that, but need to decide where to move them to for the short term. We bought 2 pallets and had quite a few leftover. Plan was to use them on the pond area, but that is another project on hold right now.
Glad you have more people to help with the meal assembly. While it seems like a lot of work, when people get a routine going I am sure it goes faster.
Anyway, the yard is my main goal today. Laundry is caught up and yesterday I vacuumed top to bottom, all 3 floors. I also re-arranged the LR furniture. I still need to mop, but if I can get the yard taken care of, maybe I can steam mop Friday when we have a rainy day forecast.
As for getting together, I would love to be able to make it this time, but it will depend on where and when. I have a number of commitments on my calendar already and I try to keep as much open as I can for family.
I hope everyone’s week is going well so far.

Flee57 Offline
#2357 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:48:05 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

I could use some opinions. I am in a digital scrapbooking contest. Had to work with a free kit that comes with each round. I probably would not choose a kit like this so I had a bit of trouble with coming up with something. Of course my subject was Sadie. There are 4 rounds and if I win I would be on their design team for 4 months. Thanks for looking'

Paula, life here is in such a limbo that I cannot commit to a get together. I would do my best to get there. I wish I had a big enough place for you all to come here. I wuld have to bring my laptop and work on digi stuff cause my stuff is all packed LOL

So, her's the layout
Flee57 Offline
#2358 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:51:13 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Do it didn't take my pic I'll try again
Flee57 Offline
#2359 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:56:42 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Try again
Flee57 Offline
#2360 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:01:04 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I'll try again tomorrow
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2361 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:21:45 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Bummer that your pic won't post Laurie. :( I will check tomorrow. :)
lizzyea Offline
#2362 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:54:18 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....sorry I've been so MIA but life is extremely busy here. But first, a very belated happy birthday to you, Carrie. I'm sorry I missed your special day and I'm glad it was special for you! I'm also glad you are getting some training for Jon and the puppy...(do I have the correct son?). You really don't need more responsibilities, do you?

And, Pat, why don't you tell us the dates you already know you can't make a get-together and we can work to plan around those, knowing that your family will always come first no matter what. I'm glad you have caught up with your yard work, at least for now!

Rhonda, you must be busy with work...or at least I hope that is what is keeping you busy.

Laurie, I saw your digital pages on FB which are good. I'm glad you have found something to do to keep yourself busy and not so "at loose ends" with life.

As for me, I am busy with these last weeks of school: Open House, report cards, cleaning out my room. The house is coming along nicely. Frank is starting on the kitchen and that will be the last major project and then he will go back and finish up all the odds and ends.

Terminix FINALLY has come through. I had to resort to a call to their corporate headquarters. The branch manager called me and pretended that he had had absolutely NO messages that I had wanted to speak with him. (I don't believe that because the woman with whom I spoke told me there were notations in the file of my requesting that he call me.) I gave him pure he%% about everything I've experienced and told him he needed to be aware that I was not going to back down since I had been treated so poorly. He kept apologizing and I finally told him that I didn't want to hear another apology, I wanted him to acknowledge that the way I had been treated was totally inappropriate. Finally he did and I felt better. Then I told him that I expected to be called within 24 hours after the repairs had been made so that we could move forward with the rest of the work they were to do and he said he just didn't know if they could do that and I said yes they could and they needed to make sure they did it. I also had told the corporate person how inappropriate the phone messages had been from whomever it was that had called the house and that they needed to work with their people about how to make a business call: (Hello, my name is John Doe and I'm with Terminix; etc. If you have further questions or would like to speak with me, again, my name is John Doe, I'm with Terminix, and my phone number is _______.) He actually began the conversation appropriately which totally shocked me! So, I guess the corporate person ripped him a new one on several counts. I hope he's sitting a bit uncomfortably tonight, especially for all the angst he has caused me!

My housekeeper is coming on Saturday and we are going to clean together. She is such a sweetheart! I'm so happy she is coming. Maybe on Sunday, I can go buy the things I need to get like mirrors. The stagers are coming on June 17 which will require my taking at least the morning off from work...maybe the entire day. Maybe I need a massage that day! LOL

Laurie, I don't have any links just yet for either our home or homes we've looked at. Right now, there is just to much up in the air. We had narrowed our choices down but now the places we liked are sold, so we'll have to scare up some other properties!

I've got to go...I'm about to fall asleep. I have to plan what I am going to do for school tomorrow. YIKES!!

Everyone take care.
Flee57 Offline
#2363 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:31:55 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Well, I just woke up and I'm sitting her drinking a glass of milk so I will try to upload the page again.
Flee57 Offline
#2364 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:37:07 AM(UTC)
Flee57

It didn't even give me the opportunity to upload on that last one. something must be up with the site
imnchghere Offline
#2365 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:38:45 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. We have rai showers in the forecast and since I only got half my flowers planted yesterday, I need to get the rest done this morning. I also want to walk today, as I didn't yesterday, nor did I ride the bike. Mad

Lizzy, good news on Terminex, but it is too bad you had to go through all of it. Sorry though that the properties you had been interested in have sold, but that means they weren't meant for you. I will try to come up with the dates that won't work for me to get together.
Today I need to talk to my sister and make my plan for CA. I have a feeling this won't be my only trip and that the steroid injection in Mom's hip is not the answer, which means hip replacement surgery is the other option. Her back also is still healing, causing a lot of discomfort. She has good days and bad.

Paula, I forget what you were up to this week. Shopping for the cooking on Sunday and catching up on your houses I think??? How are you doing?

Laurie, sorry about the picture problem. Earlier in the week the mb pics weren't showing up, but then they did. Are these the ones you put on FB?

Well, I need to get out to the flower project and then I have my 2nd pile of papers to work through. Last night I finished working on my p/w pieces of paper. Have a whole new list and
tonight Jim is going to help me change a bunch of them. Mostly the financial and shopping ones.

Going to try to post a picture and see if it works.

It worked.. this is one of my peony plants full of blooms propped against the fence.
Laurie, are you following all the steps when you upload the picture?

Edited by user Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:43:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: adding picture

imnchghere attached the following image(s):
DSC_0392 (685x1024).jpg
imnchghere Offline
#2366 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:34:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Laurie, glad you finally got a picture to post. Did you downsize the photo? Usually when they have to be opened it is because they are too big. Your picture was over 3 MB which is too big for here. Unlike FB that allows up to 4 MB.

I forgot you were using a kit and I agree it is not one I would choose either. Too glitzy except for maybe a NYE layout or a princess party.
I like the position of the pictures, but the center one is almost lost. The frame overshadows the picture. Do I assume that the sizes of things are pre-set? I have never done digital layouts, although Kristen has been doing it for a while. She just doesn't have room to do traditional scrapbooking right now and has most of her stuff packed up until they can find/afford a bigger place.
Anyway, those are my thoughts for what they are worth. Meant to be constructive.

It is raining here also. Just very lightly, so I am able to be on the deck. I hope it does this for a while to get my plants settled in the ground. If it pours, it will just wash the fresh dirt all over. I would like to work on my research note pile out here, but if it starts to rain hard or the winds kick up, I can't with the laptop.

So, I best get busy while I can.
Flee57 Offline
#2367 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:53:31 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Pat, that is the exact kind of constructive opinions I need. I agree about the main picture. I don't know why I felt I had to "fit" it into the silver part. there are other not glitzy papers in the kit. Back to the drawing board. I can change sizes and colors on most of the elements in the kit. If it's something textural, like the green buttons in this layout, then adding color will only make it solid. Another prob I see with this layout is the title. Everything else is glitzy but the title box is flat. I'll come back with what I come up with.

thanks!
Flee57 Offline
#2368 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 1:10:17 PM(UTC)
Flee57

BTW Pat. I forgot to tell you that I just love your flowers. they are so beautiful. Would love to see a pic from the distance to show what it would look like if I drove by your house
Flee57 Offline
#2369 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:04:58 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Here's the 3 layouts

Flee57 Offline
#2370 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:07:25 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Here's all three. What do you like best?
File Attachment(s):
Round 1_edited-4.jpg (3,224kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Round1_2_edited-1.jpg (3,088kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
round 1_3_2.jpg (3,681kb) downloaded 23 time(s).