Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7980818283>»
Nancycs Offline
#2401 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:36:30 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning!

Pat I am glad you have your trip set up but I am sorry you won't be able to all you want. You will get to look through all those pictures finally! Sorry about your rain. We have been dealing with it over the last 2 weeks off and on. It is raining right now. It has been good for the grass I am trying to grow though.

Paula I am like you and not sure where to start with digital scrapping. I can do the books online, but have not tried any other way. I am glad your Do Something Day went well. It looks like you had enough help this year. Enjoy your day at the camp? Do you have anything planned to do while you are there?

Rhonda WTG on your LO's. We had to turn the AC on last night too. I have the windows open right now getting the cool morning air in.

Laurie it sounds like you are enjoying your digital scrapping! I guess you have to play somehow!!

Lizzy a new SLR! How exciting. I don't know anything about the Canons, but I know you will enjoy it! I can't imagine having anything that I can't change a lens!! BigGrin Enjoy it!

Carrie you have been busy with your house. Having company come just keeps you moving to get it done! I am glad you are liking the changes!

We are getting a new shed built. There is a couple that are trying to start a business and are giving us a great deal. They want to be able to use us as a reference and to take pics of the shed to show what they have done. The are building a 12 x 9.5 foot shed with a loft, shelf, window, vents & a flower box for $1500. They told us not to tell anyone how much they were building it for because it is really low. We couldn't get a kit to build it ourselves for that. They have built quite a few for family and friends as well as their own shed and garage so they have experience. They just haven't built one for people they don't know. Rick is loving the fact he doesn't have to build it himself!

The kids have bible school this week so my morning have been pretty quiet. It has been kind of nice though. You would think I would get more done than I have but I have just enjoyed the quiet time with the few kids I have. We have to finish up our fathers day gifts though. It is a little harder when they are all gone in the AM and then we are outside in the afternoon. We'll get it done though. We just have to mis up a trail mis of sorts. The project part is done already.

Well I hope everyone has a great day!
imnchghere Offline
#2402 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:01:27 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good afternoon Nancy. Nice to see you pop in. Glad you have the FD gifts under control. I saw you had been pinning ideas on pinterest.
Everyone else must be very busy also. I did see a post on FB from Lizzy. She has so much taking her time right now, but the end is near.
This morning I took a good walk and now I am going to park on the deck the rest of the day. We have UGLY weather coming the next 2 days and I will work on cleaning inside then. Was going to do the top floor today, but it can wait. Nice deck days are few and far between.
Intention is to get the scrap paper research notes gone through and then trashed. It is just tedious work.

My sis called yesterday and Mom had a change of heart, so part of the trip is looking a bit better. There will be time for me to visit the vital record's office, but not the Historic library. I will also not have time to meet a long time friend for lunch before heading north (4 hrs) to Mom's. Not sure about lunch with a classmate who lives near her. Unless Mom joins us, which I don't see happening. But one never knows. I will take what I can get and be happy. This trip is to help my sis and visit with Mom.

I guess I better get back to the scraps of paper. I'll be back later.
rm920 Offline
#2403 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:29:17 AM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning all...

Pat, sorry about the soggy weather you have been having. Did you get through the mountain of scraps of paper?

Nancy, I know Rick is really liking the new shed since it required no work on his part. That is a great deal for you. I know the shed will really come in handy.

Paula, how did the Whirlpool study go? Sounds like a fun/easy way to earn a few extra $$.

I did turn the AC on the other night but soon found out it is not cooling. Had the repairman out yesterday and he could not get it cooling right so he will have to return today or tomorrow. It was nearly 90 in here last nightThumbDown Sure glad the basement was much cooler so I have been staying down there. At least it was cool enough to sleep. Hope they can get things cooling down soon.

Lizzy, how is the wind down of the school session coming along? I know you will sure be happy to have the house projects all finished.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2404 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:42:53 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I don't think we got the storms as bad as they predicted last night but the news says there are still 8000 people out of power in Berrien Co.

Rhonda, so sorry to hear about your lack of air conditioning. 90 is hot! It was 85 out yesterday and it was miserable, the humidity was so high!
The study was fine. They had about a dozen or so ovens set up for us to look at and evaluate the racks. Sometimes I feel like I am not observant enough to do this but...it was fine.
How are things going at work?
What airport did you say for us to look at?

Pat, glad things are falling in to place for your CA. visit.
Did you get to spend time on the deck?

Nancy, sounds like the shed deal will be a win-win situation. :)
I think the bad weather we got last night came from you. We didn't get the bad stuff though, they said the winds could be 60 mph and large hail but not here.

This has taken me so long to type, I am out of time.

Off to Thur. house, be back later...
imnchghere Offline
#2405 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:48:18 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning .. Rhonda, I sure hope they can get the AC problem figured out and working. I have ours on because of the storms rolling through. This is the line that hit Carrie hard yesterday and probably Laurie also. Maybe even Paula.
It is very dark right now and the wind is picking up. Not looking like I will get a walk today, so I will ride the bike and maybe do a little Zumba.

Still working on the pile of scraps. Jim was able to give me a little help when he got home yesterday. He thinks I am making it harder than it is. He also pointed out that it might not even make a difference while I am in CA. For sure nothing that won't wait until I return.

Today, I am going to try to get the top floor completely cleaned. Tomorrow, I will do the main floor. The basement is in good shape, just needs vacuuming/dusting.
I do need to set up the sewing machine, so I can attach some buttons on a pair of pants. Actually 2 pairs of pants.
I have CFS to box up and maybe send before I leave. I also have pictures to print out to take to Mom and sis. Need to change out ink on the printer first though.

I see Paula typed faster than me. I had to go unplug the pond so it doesn't trip the freezer and got behind. I need to get busy anyway.
Flee57 Offline
#2406 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:01:59 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon evryone!

Pat, I hope you aren't getting hit to hard with this. At least it's not as bad as they said it would be. The Columbus arealook like it was bad last night.

Hope to hear from Carrie soon.She may not have any power.

It is raining again here but at least it's not coming down sideways like this morning. My sister said it was nasty in Ft Wayne for about 4 hours last night but no trees down (she has tons of them in her yard.

Lizzy, sorry I missd your call this morning. I was in the shower. I hope you are having a good day.

Nancy, that's an awesome deal on your shed...especially that Rick doesn't have to do anything. We were approached by a pool company once doing the same kind of thing. Didn't do it though.

Paula, sounds like you didn't get as bad a storm as you were supposed to...like us. I don't mind that at all!

Rhonda, 90 with no A/C must have been rough. Hope it gets fixed soon and doesn't cost too much

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2407 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:34:17 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Greetings from Canine Corners. Puppy training is going smoothly however, she needs to be watched constantly and that is something I don't have time to do right now.

It was rockin and rollin last night. Lots of people in Ohio are out of power still. Ours went out but not for long. Jim and I went looking for a generator last night. All the cheap ones were gone and then today I talked to an expert about one and he said only to go with the Honda ones as they have more even power. The cheap ones can fry your computer and other electronics if you plug them into it. We lose power so much that I think we will be investing in one soon.

Pat I am glad your trip is now planned. I hope you get to do all that you have time for while you are there.

Laurie I finally got to look at the layouts and love your layout. I hope you win.

Rhonda hope you get your air conditioner recharged before it gets really hot. I have trouble sleeping when it's hot.

Nancy are you getting much done with your quiet mornings? What is going in your shed?

Paula hows the weather up there? Every time I look at the radar it looks like Michigan is getting soaked.

Well I guess I'd better get back to work. I still have lots to do in the guest room and then clean the house. I have been doing laundry for 2 straight days now. I also need to go get a bow for the FD gift. I bought Jim a new lawn mower. His old one is on it's death bed at the shop. For the $1000+ they want to fix it, I thought a new one was in order. I hope he's okay with it. I have never spent that much money without at least asking him before. Yikes!

Have a wonderful afternoon!
Flee57 Offline
#2408 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:09:38 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon Friends!

Carrie, glad your power only went out for a while. it did look like the Columbus area was being pummelled last night. Hope Jim likes his lawn mower LOL

Pat, I did also mean to tell you that I'm glad you have your travel plans to see your Mom.

ok so round 1 was a non elemination round so everyone is moving forward. So I really don't know if my layout was good enough to move on but that's ok. I just finished my round 2. The kit is a picnic theme. I don't do picnics. I hate bugs flying around and crawling around my food and I think public picnic tables are gross LOL Anyway, I do remember Jalen and I having a little picnic once so I found the pic and used it for the layout. If anyone would like to have a look at them, the gallery is the Round 2 gallery. i just want to show my layout to you guys just to make sure everything looks good and everything is spelled right LOL
File Attachment(s):
MASHE_Picnic_Paper4_edited-2.jpg (3,179kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
Flee57 Offline
#2409 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:15:58 PM(UTC)
Flee57

BTW, the tan butterfly and bird in the lower right corner with the watermelon are supposed to be animal crackers. Do they work on the page?
imnchghere Offline
#2410 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:54:39 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Laurie, I absolutely LOVE this layout. I am not seeing anything I would change, but will revisit it again. Because you had watermelon and animal crackers that element works good. Obviously not the usual animal crackers, but the color is right. I LOVE how you only colored the flowers annd hat in the pic.
Honestly I think this one is a winner.

Carrie, so glad you checked in. Jim & I talked about a generator at the end of winter, but we don't often lose power, so skipped that idea. His Aunt in VA Beach has one along with solar panels. She is always in good shape when a hurricane rolls through.
I am with you on spending big $$ without discussing it. He might fuss at first, but it beats a dead mower or an expensive repair.

It is still and quiet here now. The 2nd storm pushed through with just heavy rain & some wind gusts for us. Other parts of the area did see tornado type activity, but not sure there was any damage. I need to put a weather app on my new phone. It came with accu weather, but I am not crazy about it. I have a couple local ones on my tablet so will have to see how they are on the smaller screen.

I am going to see how wet the deck stuff got and then see about a dinner plan. Then I am going app shopping.
rm920 Offline
#2411 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:43:26 PM(UTC)
rm920

Laurie, I am with Pat. I really like your first layout. And the coloring of the picture is perfect. Personally, I like it better without the second photo. I don't think I would change anything. Great job!

Carrie, I think it is a great idea to get DH a new mower! He will appreciate it when it is time for taking care of the yard. I have looked into a generator as well. But it is a bit pricey and I am not really without power very often. But I will keep your hint about getting a Honda in mind.

Pat, hope the weather passes quickly. You have had round after round of storms lately!

Paula, you should probably look into Kansas City or Wichita airports. I never know which will be cheaper - but most of the time it is KC. Topeka does have a small airport, but I don't think flying into there will be cheaper.

Tonight when I got home it was 91* inside. UGH!! But they did call and the tech will be here at 7:30 in the morning so should be cool by the time I come home for lunch! Somehow I don't thinks this will be a cheap repair billSad Sure glad the basement is still staying cooler so at least I can rest.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2412 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:07:13 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Carrie, we were supposed to get rain yesterday but it didn't come until last night. Today was sunny and windy. Yesterday 85 with killer humidity, today 64 and windy. So strange.
I think the lawn mower is a great idea.
The house next to me and our house loses power so often. The houses in front of us don't so I think it's the line coming back to our houses. A few years ago she had a generator installed. It kicks in when the power goes off. She has used it a few times and likes it. That is certainly not cheap though.

Laurie, I can't look at your layouts. I get an error message. Bummer!

Rhonda, I will check out those airports. I don't know what month you or Lizzy are thinking about but I will check in to it. :)

Glad the storm didn't hit you too hard Pat. Sounds like what we got.

Tomorrow we are going to the cottage for a week. I haven't done laundry or packed. ugh! I was also going to make up some meals. I ended up with a painful sinus headache this afternoon. Now I am just wiped out. Not sure I will accomplish much tonight.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2413 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 9:07:42 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Monster dog is sleepy sweetly right now so thought I'd read a bit while I have 5 minutes peace.

Laurie I didn't get to see the layouts. I get an error that says resources have been moved or deleted. Would have loved to see it since that is the only exposure to scrapping I am getting lately.

Paula sure hope you feel better. You seem to get headaches often. Have you told your doctor?

Rhonda hope the air conditioning repair isn't too painful. We didn't have air conditioning when I was growing up. I don't ever remember being overly hot like now. Hmm.... The problem with the cheaper generators is that they don't give continuous power. It goes in spurts. The Honda ones give a steady, continuous stream. The guy I talked to owns the lawnmower business and is also a good personal friend. So remember the continuous if you look into one.

Pat I have an app on my phone called Dark Sky. It is an hourly app with Radar. Now matter where I am I can look at it and it will tell me what to expect over the next hour or two.

Thanks for the advice on the lawnmower. The problem is I didn't buy a cheap mower. We have an acre lot and he loves the John Deere mowers and also loves the lines made with a zero radius turn mower, so that's what I bought. I traded in the old tractor and the boy's big mower from their landscaping business. I know he will love it, but it was still a lot of money. That's what I am worried about. Well we'll see soon though, won't we. LOL

Well I need to do some other things will the little trouble maker is resting. She wears me out! I never thought anything could ever wear me out but there it is.
Flee57 Offline
#2414 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 11:17:13 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon Friends!

Monster Dog...LOL Carrie I just emailed the page to you and Paula. I already submitted it. I used the first one I showed...with just the one pic. I like it cause it's about Jalen.

I think my baby birds will take off soon. They have their heads up over the nest now. I got a pic of mama bird up there with them. I should become a bird photographer LOL

It's another gorgeous day here in RS

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2415 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 2:02:06 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Laurie, I am lovin the bird pictures! What fun you are having. When we were at the cottage two weeks ago there was a robin sitting on eggs under the roof of our deck. Wonder what we will find.

Carrie, this was a weather headache for sure. The front of my face hurt so bad that my glasses hurt just by being there. :(

We are walking out the door, in fact the dog is loaded. We will be back next Sat. Hope everyone has a great week.

Oh, Rhonda, it would cost less for me to take a train that drive but it arrives in Topeka after midnight...ugh! The flight wasn't much more than that so it would be more convenient.

OK, now I am really going. :)
imnchghere Offline
#2416 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:34:59 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. Really nice day here. I spent some of it on the deck after I got my hair cut. Worked on the research items I want to take to CA. I do know nice deck weather won't last for long.
I also walked today and increased my distance, which was good. I am hoping I can continue the walking while in CA, but it won't be as easy.
Carrie, I've not been doing much scrap booking lately either. I have lots of page kits ready to work on. And pictures that need papers matched to. I am hoping to do a 3 day crop after we get back from Maine in August.
I will check out the Dark Sky app. Thanks.
Rhonda, I hope your ac got fixed today and the cost wasn't bad.

Well, I am going to call it a night here. Tomorrow we have errands to run and I want to get some things taken care of in the yard.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

rm920 Offline
#2417 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:30:21 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

The AC is fixed! It was so nice to come home from work last night and the house be cool. Haven't received the bill yet, will deal with that later.

Paula, I would love to take the train if time was not an issue. I want to take a train ride sometime. Hope you have a great time up north.

Pat, hope you can get some good research time in while in CA. Sounds like you are getting back into a good exercise routine. Guess I need to set myself up a challenge to get back into my exercise routine.

Carrie, I can't wait to hear what DH thinks of his present. Yes, we never had AC when I was growing up either but I am not sure I could do without it anymore. Especially at night. I just cannot sleep when I am hot!

Lizzy, I saw where you only have one more week. Hope the final push on the house this week goes well so you can have some much deserved relaxation time.

Laurie, love the bird pics. I think cardinals are such beautiful birds. Any more interest in the house?

Nancy, how are things in your area? How many kidlets are you watching this summer?

I mowed last night and I heading out to do the trimming this morning. We have rain chances this afternoon and tomorrow so want the yard work done first. Then I have hairapy this afternoon. I did have to bring some work home so I need to work on that - probably tonight. I want to spend most of tomorrow on research and/or layouts!

Hope everyone has a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#2418 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:28:09 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening. It is an absolutely gorgeous one. If only it would stay like this. Rhonda, we too have a chance of rain tomorrow afternoon, so Jim said he might mow early. It will be ok for a few days, but as soon as he lets it go, we will have rain. Today he moved the the old compost pile into the new "box" and now we just need to dismantle the old frame. We got mulch this morning and I put it down in the front beds. I don't normally do mulch, but I am hoping that and Preen hold back the weeds. Also makes the beds look finished.
We also did a couple find a grave photos today. When we got to the cemetery, I realized my camera card was in my laptop so I had to use my new phone. It took nice pictures, but I prefer my DSL for picture taking. We didn't have to search much, as a groundskeeper told us where to find the stones.

This evening we did a short walk. I think this is 5 straight days of walking now. Usually, I get one or two and then miss a couple and start again. I am trying to be consistent, but I won't be able to keep it up when I get to CA. Rhonda, I hope you can get back to a routine.

Tomorrow will be spent going over the scanner and how to save the scans to the computer and the cloud.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2419 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:15:31 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Wishing all your significant others a Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday we got the lawn mower and decorated it with ribbons and put it in the garage so that when he wouldn't be able to put his car in. Jon went out to greet him and explained it all. Mom sold the farm, etc. and Jeff (the store owner) would't let her waste her money on the cheap one. Ya da Ya da! Good kid coming to my defense. So Jon hopped on and started it up and showed him how to work it. Then he put his dad in the drivers seat and Jim played around in the driveway trying to get used to it. We told him not to turn on the mowers unless he planned on keeping it. So after a few minutes he pulled into the grass and looked at us with a devilish grin and engaged the mowers. He did part of the front lawn but had a bit of trouble controlling it. Then it started sprinkling so he came in and took a nap. No comment yet!

Chris went out and finished the front yard for him and made it look nice. Then Jim went out again and finished the back yard in about 10 minutes. He zipped right along. Came in and said, "Wow! That thing is fast. I love it! Thank you!"

Still not sure if he loved getting a lawn mower but there it is. I'll put a photo on FB for you to see.

imnchghere Offline
#2420 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:15:24 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening.. hope the Dads in the group had a great day. It was quiet here. Jim mowed the yard and then spent the day helping me with the scanner, so that I hopefully don't have any problems while in CA. He kept reminding me he is only a phone call away, but I reminded him there is a time difference and he might not want me calling in the middle of the night. Tomorrow I am going to practice on a stack of pictures without him sitting next to me. I think I will be fine once I do a few in a row. I think there are about 50 pictures at my Mom's to scan.

Carrie, had to laugh at Jim & the mower. Sounds like he will enjoy it once he gets real comfortable with it.

I managed to get another walk in today. That is either 5 or 6 days in a row. We have had wonderful weather for walking. We walked 45 minutes. Lots of hills in the neighborhood plus lumpy path.

I am going to call it a night here and hopefully can get an early start tomorrow.
Flee57 Offline
#2421 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:43:29 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Just want to say hello so there's a message on here for today.

HELLO!
imnchghere Offline
#2422 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:25:22 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Hello Laurie and everyone else. Busy, busy, busy here trying to get all my ducks in a row. I need to gather t-shirts and tops to take. Even though. I will have a washer/dryer, I also don't want to spend all my time doing laundry. Also trying to keep my carry on load manageable since there will be no Jim to assist me. sigh~~~, but I am sure I will manage.
I have the scanner under control and am anxious to start working on the pictures at my Mom's. I am also looking forward to getting the old vital records from the 1860's when I get to my sister's tomorrow.
I will have internet at Mom's, so I hope to be able to check in here periodically. If for no other reason, to maintain my sanity. My sister has already warned me that Mom is not always easy to deal with.

So what is everyone else up to these days? I know Paula is lazing at the cottage.
Lizzy, it is down to the end for school and the house projects. I hope everything is going well.
Laurie, when will you know anything for the DT ? I know a lot of people on the MB who have made DTs and aren't all that good IMHO. I hope you make it, since it will also give you something to do while your stuff is packed up.
Rhonda, I have been walking everyday and it sure does feel good. Better than riding the bike, but of course I have to work around the weather some days. Jim & I have been pushing each other which helps.
Well, I need to feed the fish and take a package to the PO. Stephanie is stopping by at some point to drop off a fish for the pond. Hope it survives. Then I need to get back to the packing.
Flee57 Offline
#2423 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:33:01 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone!

Pat, I had to laugh and read part of your post again. I thought I read that you had to pack up your fish LOL

Last night I found out I made it to Round 3...they actually eliminated about 10 layouts. Got the new kit for Round 3 and this one called My Main Man. this one is going to be hard because all the elements have nothing to do with Dion LOL I will really have to think outside the box on this one.

Lizzy, sorry I missed your call last night. Tess came over after work to watch the Voice finale with me. I must not have heard the phone.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2424 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:29:53 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

So quiet here.

You probably won't hear from me til Sunday night. Headed to Ft Wayne at 6:30 and then my sister and I are going on to MI. First stop is IKEA LOL

Hope you all have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend.

Lizzy, Friday is almost here!

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2425 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:59:18 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all...

Everyone seems to be traveling now.

Paula, hope you are enjoying your time up north.

Pat, I see where you made it safely to CA. Hope your mother is doing better. I also hope you get to do some research also. Have fun going through all those old photos! That would be a highlight of the trip.

Laurie, you are at your sisters by now. Don't spend too much $$$ at IKEA! Have fun!

Nancy, what have you been up to? Is school out for the kiddo's up there?

Lizzy, the countdown is on! And the house is nearing completion. So many changes going on for you right now. But lots of exciting events on your horizon. Have you settled on NC for your new home? How has Ruby taken to all of these workers in the house?

Nothing exciting going on here. Just work and home. I have been studying at night to learn more about some of the programs used in the office. Also working on new personnel handbooks. We also lots two co-workers in the last two weeks - one found a job closer to her home; the other was terminated. Management has decided not to hire anyone to take their place so each one is taking on extra work as well. So far it hasn't been too bad.

Hope to spend some time this weekend getting a few cards made. And doing research. There is a workshop Saturday afternoon I may try to attend.

Will check in later.
lizzyea Offline
#2426 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hello....you may not remember me, but I am your long-lost friend, Lizzy. I used to post regularly here, but in the most recent weeks, I have been kidnapped by a coalition of people set on having me finish out a school year and ready a house for sale. The people in charge of closing down the school year allowed me to return to the house to finish getting it ready for sale. I found this computer and while the big boss is working in the yard, I thought I would sneak in a post. I do hope you remember me!

First of all, Paula, I hope you are having a wonderful time at your cottage and that your nasty sinus headache has abated! And, when are you going to Rhonda's? I wanna go, too!

Second, Carrie, how is the dog training going? I love the idea of your buying the lawn mower for Jim and it sounds like he liked it. Fabulous!

Nancy, uh....you are getting one heck of a good deal on that shed! You are so fortunate to have friends doing that for them...and vice versa, of course!

Laurie, I wondered if you had gone north? Have a great time at Ikea! Let me know what you think. Did you buy anything?

Pat, I saw that you were in California. Good luck with your visit to your mom! I'll be thinking about you.

Rhonda, it sounds like you are one busy lady! Sorry about the AC. Thankfully you have the basement to sleep in, otherwise, it would have been horrible. It sounds like work is keeping you plenty busy. Sorry everyone has to take on additional responsibilities with the job vacancies but I suppose that's sign of the economic times.

As for us, well, I retired. It was a very busy, crazy, chaotic, last week...but I'm done. Lots of laughs, tears...the whole gamut. I can't really believe it's over. I still have some loose ends to tie up with my retirement benefits, but then I will be done.

The house is nearly finished. Frank is working on a few last things; next week are the exterior repairs and painting. Then we will be done. Next week will be, I hope, pretty calm. I will be home for the most part although I am going to go up to Kat's school one day, one day to the opthamalogist, and one day to the head shrinker. I need to plan my trip to bury my brother's ashes and visit my mother. That's about it. I see that Southwest is having a sale so I might check into their fares.

That's about it for now. I am getting sleepy again so may go back to bed. Anyway, take care....talk to you later.

imnchghere Offline
#2427 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:20:53 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening everyone. As you know I am in CA at my sister's. Tomorrow, we head up to my Mom's where I will be for 16 days. I am hoping everything works out while I am there and I can give my sister a break and have a good time at with Mom. She is doing well, still a ways to go, but I think she has a good attitude and is trying to have patience. I can see my sister is stressed and probably just generally tired. Hopefully she will trust me to be able to handle everything without her. She often treats me like I am clueless. The
I am having problems with my internet hot spot card. It is trying to die and Verizon told me there is 2 months on my contract, so it will cost me $300 to get a new one. I guess there is a cancellation fee when you do anything early. I was frustrated, and just didn't feel like arguing the point any more than I did. The guy at the Verizon store showed me a way to get it to work, but what a pain. Jim said just get a new card and we will still be able to eat. I amm going to try to survive with the my phone and the part time aircard.

Lizzy, Happy Retirement !!!! You made it!! Hope the last few things for the house come together without issues and you can get it on the market.
To everyone else, I hope things are going well also. I ill try to check in if I can, but it isn't looking too promising. Posting on FB is easy from my phone, so I will likely do a lot of that.

Time to hit the bed here. Going to try for a walk in the morning before we head north.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2428 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:07:05 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

back to internet hook up. :)

We got home last night, unpacked, rested a bit and went to check out the Relay for Life event. It was dark when we arrived so the luminaries were going and that was good to see. The Miss SW MI had a booth because Relay/beating cancer is her platform. We visited with her a bit and did a few laps checking out all the booths. I think we got home around 1:30.

So... after church we went out for dinner and now DH is setting up the tent, getting ready for the fishing trip him and DS are going on next weekend.

So I am going outside to check out the activity and I will read up here a bit later. :) Hope everyone is having a great day!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2429 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:21:30 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Greetings!

Lizzy congratulations! Happy happy retirement. I was cracking up over your post.

Pat I hope your wireless card holds up. Enjoy your mom and fingers still crossed that you will get to all those places you want to go while you are there.

Paula welcome home. We had Laps for Life event here on Saturday. It used to be a huge deal but has been dwindling in past years.

Puppy training is going well. Chris has hired a trainer to come out every Tuesday to help him as he and I have different ideas. Guess it doesn't matter much that I have trained 6 dogs in the past. And there is a fight over mowing the lawn now. Ha ha. That's a good thing.

Oh breaking news. We will be eating broccoli from my garden for dinner tonight. The first time ever.
lizzyea Offline
#2430 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 10:55:30 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....

Yahoo for home-grown broccoli, Carrie! Let us know how it tastes! As for Chris not listening to you about the dog training, what can I say. You are JUST his mother and this other person is the REGISTERED, CERTIFIED, DOG TRAINER to whom REAL MONEY IS BEING PAID. Perhaps you have a proven track record of 6 dogs....but I don't see your shingle hanging out there advertising your services, blah, blah, blah! Let him learn for himself as long as he is spending his money. And let his learn from his mistakes. Give it all to him...the triumphs and the failures! Yes, I know, easier said than done.

OK...my trials and tribulations of the week. I bought bathroom mirrors yesterday. One is too small so back to the store with it. I will know soon enough if the remaining two are the right size. I still need to get two more for the other bathroom. I will go to another Home Goods and look. I bought another one for another space upstairs but if I can find a match for it at the 2nd Home Goods, I'll use it in in a bathroom. I might then use the "too small" one where I would have used this single that I have (and will use in a bathroom). Are you confused yet?

I need to go to Kohl's and look for towels. I'm sick of this towel situation. I have more towels in this house than you can imagine and am only liking the dark brown ones so far. Aargh...I have light tan, light green, and navy; but only like the dark brown.

The biggest, hugest problem this week is the house painting, window, Terminix repair work issues. Terminix and the house painters showed up today. The house painters wanted to power wash the house; but decided to wait until tomorrow. Oops...one window that has been installed has not yet been sealed. Big oops because when they power wash, the window will leak. Now what? I hate to delay them more days and I can't get the window man over here until late tomorrow and the sealing stuff needs a couple of days to seal. Aargh!

The yard is looking good, but Terry is leaving tomorrow and now I must take over the yard. We bought many plants yesterday and I will become the replacement gardener. Such fun!

Otherwise, not much else is happening.

Pat, good luck with the internet connection. I don't know if I could live with dial-up again. How is your mom faring?

I may have to turn off the AC. It's very hot in this house with the windows closed and I don't want them open because of the outside work being done and all the dust coming inside. Hmmm...

I'll look forward to hearing from everyone else.