Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

paperlover Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:38:51 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 89 post(s)
My reasoning for getting a mini was that I could use it with my gypsy. So it came

yesterday and I opened the box to find that it had suffered enough of an impact to close the

lid beyond being able to easily open it on the one side and breaking off part of the inner ridge on

the other side...so I'm still fine, I can crazy glue it....then after going thru the

painful job of getting it all set up(I'm talking hours)....I got to cut 5 or 6 lovely cuts

before it stopped working...I was making a real time video...you can see...it was cutting

and then it wasn't...all captured on video,lol...so then after trying everything I could

think of, I had it narrowed down to a problem with the blade housing...and sure enough, I

switched it out with my expression blade housing....by the way...the mini's blade housing

even looks cheaply made compared to the expression's...both are plastic but you can see

the difference. Anyway...I have 30 days to play but if anything else falls apart, it's going

back to HSN. Why did they just cheaply throw this together? I'm just venting, don't need an

answer. DH says, for as much as I paid, I shouldn't have to fix it myself...

UPDATED I've been using my gypsy and cutting with my mini for 3 days now. It's working great and I'm thinking, it's all good...I like how the small intricate cuts come out on light weight paper. Could never get my E to do that without tearing the paper.

Edited by user Monday, March 12, 2012 1:37:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DebbieSheets Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:36:56 AM(UTC)
DebbieSheets

I just ordered my Mini from HSN yesterday. I have read that the Gypsy won't work with it. I have all my carts on my Gypsy, so I'd like to hear what you think. It would be great if this would work for crops and my camper. I have Expression and DS, but it is too big to carry around.

Thanks, Debbie
melodylanedesigns Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:59:36 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1950 time(s) in 961 post(s)
Debbie the Gypsy does work with it. Many pople are using it with Gypsy and love it. In the beginning it did not work but now it does, I'm not sure everyone knows that yet.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:44:48 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
Unfortunately, there is lots of outdated information on the net. Even some of the descriptions on cricut.com don't mention that the Mini works with the Gypsy.

But, it does! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
LibertyLyn on 11/1/2012(UTC)
craft'nHeather Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 11:35:00 AM(UTC)
craft'nHeather

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I agree...I bought my mini used & the lid must have broken during shipping (no mention of this in the description & I asked the seller about this) & now the other side broke as well. It cuts good, but the lid seems cheaply made.Glare Good to know it works with the gypsy now cuz the majority of my carts are linked to it.
paperlover Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 1:43:22 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craft'nHeather Go to Quoted Post
I agree...I bought my mini used & the lid must have broken during shipping (no mention of this in the description & I asked the seller about this) & now the other side broke as well. It cuts good, but the lid seems cheaply made.Glare Good to know it works with the gypsy now cuz the majority of my carts are linked to it.

I ended up using Fabri-Tac to glue mine and it's staying good...no more problems. Was trying anything I had on hand and this is what actually worked. It's made by Beacon and I got mine at walmart. I have no clue what made it break but I also think it happened during shipping and that it's just a cheaply made product compared to their other machines. Glad yours works!
craft'nHeather Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:38:14 PM(UTC)
craft'nHeather

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Thanks for the tip on the glue. I'll have to purchase some tomorrow. I haven't had time to play with it lately & I'm happy that it works with the gypsy. I just got TBBM2 about a month ago & heard ppl were having trouble with it and the Imagine (which I also own) for doing the scoring, something about it not lining up right. I purchased the mini since I sold my E & really missed it for cutting thicker materials (stamping material, stencils, etc) & wanted something small since the I is so huge!