Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Audacitie Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:08:14 PM(UTC)
Audacitie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I bought a Cuttlebug All-in-one set today at J thinking I could use it with my regular Cuttlebug plates A/B. But after I opened it I noticed that the backs of the embossing sets all have little green pegs on the back that get inserted in the type of plate set that is hinged at the top. Know what I mean? Do I need that special hinged all-in-one plate or can I use it with my regular plates & cuttlebug?

Thanks
Aud
Audacitie Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:17:23 PM(UTC)
Audacitie

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Just went over to Youtube & found my answer. I do need the special all-in-one folder in order to use the all-in-one plates. So here's my next question, do you think it is worthwhile to purchase the special folder to start a new system? Or should I return my all in one plates.....I'm tired of spending money.
MamaC2 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:44:51 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
I recently bought the all-in-one folder and 4 of the kits. I am happy with my purchases! The folder has a greater embossing area and allows you to make larger cards. (I hope this makes sense!). I love being able to create my own designs with the kits!
 1 user thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
Emerald on 4/2/2012(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:46:42 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MamaC Go to Quoted Post
I recently bought the all-in-one folder and 4 of the kits. I am happy with my purchases! The folder has a greater embossing area and allows you to make larger cards. (I hope this makes sense!). I love being able to create my own designs with the kits!

Oh, I agree. I just did a test card with the 'Beautiful' all-in-one and it is lovely. You can design a card anyway you want because there are so many pieces. Now I want the 'Art Deco' all in one.

Best, Mary R.
 2 users thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
Emerald on 4/2/2012(UTC), MamaC2 on 4/15/2012(UTC)
CuttleDawn Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 4:09:54 PM(UTC)
CuttleDawn

United States

I am having trouble getting my "All-In-One" to work. I keep getting those nasty crinkled edges where the folder meets empty space. That is not very attractive! The set needs a solid spacers to fill in those areas.....or is there something I am missing? I have the main plate and two sets to go with it and haven't had a single one work for me.
MamaC2 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 4:39:58 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CuttleDawn Go to Quoted Post
I am having trouble getting my "All-In-One" to work. I keep getting those nasty crinkled edges where the folder meets empty space. That is not very attractive! The set needs a solid spacers to fill in those areas.....or is there something I am missing? I have the main plate and two sets to go with it and haven't had a single one work for me.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble getting a wrinkle-free product. I have experimented with various weights of paper and found that some are more likely to wrinkle than others. The real thick cardstock doesn't seem to work well and the thin wrinkles, too! Keep trying! You will find the right combination.

I have had success with the all-in-one, but I had to try several times before discovering which paper worked best. Don't give up! There are probably videos available that will help. I am sure there are members on this message board that would be happy to help, too. Try asking in the Cricut Chat forum.

Good luck!
jatpwrn719b55a1ec Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:59:33 AM(UTC)
jatpwrn719b55a1ec

I keep getting crinkling edges too and I'm getting tired of it. I can't find the right combo and I'm seriously considering returning the all-in-one plate and the embossing folders that I have. PLUS last night I bought the Rachel's script and it has the embossed (raised area) on the back side of the paper--it is not raised on the front where I want it to be. I am SOOOOOO disgusted!Angry
acbuyb40897d2 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:38:18 PM(UTC)
acbuyb40897d2

I just bought both the Master Folder and Rachel Script and I was playing around with it today. I too was sooo disappointed that the letters were "debossed" and not raised. On top of that, I started with the letter "A" and tried different cardstocks, I just can not get a clean image without the paper buckling around the letter. It got even worse when I used more than one letter side by side. I've tried using other thickness plates (instead of B plate) so that it wouldn't press so hard, and I've also doubled and tripled up cardstocks hoping one of the layers will have a "softer" impression and not get the buckling. Not happy with the result so far. One of the layers did not have buckling, but then the impression is only half deep, looking really sloppy.

I had better luck with letter "B", no buckling. so some letters will work better.

On thing I did like was using the flat clear plate that came with it so that I only used the "clear letter plate" and left out the "green letter plate" (replaced with the big clear plate with 4 prongs). The letter impression came out crisp and in finer detail, but again, just debossed, not raised. The back of the cardstock is smooth since there was no green plate to let the paper "sink" in.

I hope this makes sense. I'm on the fence on keeping/returning it. I'm hoping someone has had better luck and figured a way to rid the buckling. I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by user Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:41:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: proofread error

acbuyb40897d2 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:07:09 PM(UTC)
acbuyb40897d2

BTW, I'm curious do any of you have the Master Folder with the clear plate (the top peg plate) having tiny scratch/arrow marks on it. I opened mine brand new and it looked like someone had drew in a lot of tiny arrows in the mold and so it transfered into tiny marks onto the clear plate was it was casted during manufacturing?

love196217c0cdba Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:13:17 PM(UTC)
love196217c0cdba

if you take a embossing tool and rub gentle on the back of those marks they tend to come out as the fibbers are not as stretched as the main embossed bit also leave for a while and a lot tend to disappear if you go over to http://bramwellsblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and ask Mel she will tell you the best way to use these she demos in the UK on creatandcraft TV a 24hr aday craft channel she is fab big love Marc