Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Godot's Girl Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:25:32 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3049 time(s) in 1834 post(s)
Hello! I am new and want to get involved in the card making for soldiers. I am not ready to get rolling yet, but was looking for some information. I live in Central Ohio. I was in my local HallMark and asked about a donation on the off chance this was possible. The sales person said HallMark's policy is to destroy cards after the holiday has passed that they are for, and they do not donate them! Imagine all those wonderful cards and envelopes just going to waste! However, that particular store does hold on to envelopes, as people seem to take them quite a bit. She said it might be possible to get some envelopes, if I were to write a letter with the information and contact people and such addressed to their manager. This may still be a long shot, but I thought the envelopes might help with the card crafting, and am certainly willing to do the leg work on this. Can someone please give me, or direct me, to the information needed....the name of the group, where and how cards are sent, who receives them, who is involved, etc.? I hope I have not over stepped in some way here, I figured it never hurts to ask. Thank you... And blessings to all of you who take the time to do this. I personally send cards to my cousin and some of his fellow soldiers to send to their families, and this helps them to stay connected. They always are so grateful, and I say it is the very least I can do for those who protect our freedom and the very lives of we and our children.