Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mulverdale836dd08a Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
mulverdale836dd08a

Groups: Registered

Please help.....!

I have a Cricut Create personal cutter running version 1.52 and Design Studio version 1.0.21104.0.

I originally tried to run the software in Windows 7, 32 bit, but it kept crashing (not responding). I then tried to run it in Windows XP service pack 2 in administrator mode, but it still kept freezing as did the cutter.

I am able to play with the designs, update the cartridges etc, but when I click on cut, either the software freezes just showing the hourglass icon, or the cutter screen comes up with usb conected and then freezes. It started to cut once but the froze at 99%, and refused to unload paper and had to be reset. I was then unable to reproduce the cut even though I was using the same settings.

Please help me to sort this out as I have now spent more than 2 days playing around with this, and at my wits end...!

Barbara

MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:24:20 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
You don't have the latest update installed. I don't know if this will make a difference, but there were some fixes that went into place with the May 2010 update. You don't need to uninstall DS, just download and run the update.

I hope that helps. I have windows 7 and it does work with that. I have had it freeze sometimes, but not everytime.

http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx Here's the link to the May 2010 update. The version is 1.0.4.....

Mary