Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

usafamomsq8c8cf8899 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:56:05 AM(UTC)
usafamomsq8c8cf8899

Groups: Registered

I purchased my machine last year. I finally opened the box and looked it over.
But I have been busy taking care of my 2 yr old granddaughter and messing with a machine, fondant and a 2 yr old just don't mix. Now the problem..
We run a wedding consultant business and my partners son is getting married. The bride is currently stationed in Japan, the Groom is in Texas at flight training.. so everything is being done via Skype or email... They sent me link to their wedding invitation and it has damask designs on it. At first they said 3 layer cake with teal ribbon, perfect choice since I am also decorating the hall and church too. Now they want black damask designs on the cake too... I am currently in DC with the granddaughter, the Cricut is in Ohio and I have exactly 24 hr once I return home to purchase some (hopefully wonderful tasting fondant sheets) to put in the cricut mini and cut out the damask designs from the Elegant Cakes cartridge.

These will be used on butter cream frosting because I hate fondant frosting. I am also not going to try and wrap a cake in fondant for the first time 2 days before the wedding...

I am currently having panic attacks because of all the posts I am reading on the machine just not working ect.. I am so worried I will get to Indiana with the mixer and cricut and all the rest of the things needed since that is where I am baking the cake.. and this machine will not live up to my expectations and I will end up a hysterical mess because I can't give my best friends son and wife the cake of their dreams

So any tips on which ready made sheets to use and how to get them to cut perfect the first time would be appreciated because I won't have time to clean up a mess and start over.

Thanks for any help!!
Anna