Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
P.S. Offline
#301 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 9:38:52 PM(UTC)
P.S.

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 189 post(s)
How long would you folks wait until you report in flakers for this swap?

A month? Two weeks?
Celery Offline
#302 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:26:48 AM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Depends where ppl are from... stuff from me (canada) takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a mnth i have noticed to get certain places... I wouldnt be happy to be reported as a flaker when my stuff just takes longer... i think if you dont receive from ppl after a few weeks then post here and let them try to rectify... after a mnth if still nothing.. then post... speaking of... I am still waiting for brads..... from ms scrappy to you, gloria contreras3, christie adolf, eskana and thank you debbie for resending. I appreciate you doing that... if by chance I receive twice I will do something nice for you!!!

I won this brad swap at the end of OCT.. so we are running past a month and a half now.. what do i do?
I love this swap, so I hope things go better.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:42:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lady Bug Fever Offline
#303 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:40:08 AM(UTC)
Lady Bug Fever

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Here is the list for the Christmas week that I won.

Here are the people playing this week-
1.ScrapbookFairy - rec'd
2.DebbieBarnett1 - rec'd
3.Scrappy Tinman - rec'd
4.P.S. - rec'd
5.LadyBugFever - winner
6.Luvskrapin - rec'd7.pearls623 - rec'd
8.Eskana - rec'd

Only 2 haven't sent yet.

Everything has been rec'd as of January 7, 2011.

Edited by user Friday, January 07, 2011 6:35:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Celery Offline
#304 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:21:31 PM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

I Recieved from the oct 31 Brads/Eyelets that I won today from Dupree ( not sure what your msg board name is) Can you let me know so I can cross you off my list...

THanks so much tho I got some stars brads, cute fabric covered brads, red flower rivets, really neat copper clip things (love these) And a huge pack or making memoried gem collection in red.... so excited my fav colour!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Can the 3 other ladies that havnt sent to me yet or have and I havnt received please PM me,Thanks to debbie for msg here) pretty sure you all know who you are. If I dont hear from you by friday I will have to place you on the flakers list, and I hate to do that.

DebbieBarnett1 Offline
#305 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 2:14:03 PM(UTC)
DebbieBarnett1

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Scrapbook Fairy, i sent another box of brads today. since you didn't get the first box I asked for a DC#. I was told that you can't get one on something going to another country but I did save my receipt this time. Not that it will help get this box but at least maybe you would know I did send them. I would hate to be put on Flakers list because of this. I just didn't know what else to do. I can scan my receipt and email to you when I get home from work tonight if you want. So sorry for all this.
Celery Offline
#306 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:29:48 PM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

Oh how I love when the weekend comes :)....
Debbie I pmd you :).....

As for the ladies that I Havnt heard or receive from today is the day i put you on the flakers list, it's to bad, I hate to do it but I have only had one lady msg me like I asked. I understand it's the Xmas season but it's been a mnth and a half.... If I end up receiving from
One of you ladies I will put a
Note beside your name in flakers list stating it was extremely late in sending

Thank you to the ladythat did msg me that's all I asked

Sorry about this
P.S. Offline
#307 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:55:22 PM(UTC)
P.S.

GloriaContreras3, and Ms.Scrappytoyou!, could you please contact me. It has been over a month, and I have not yet received anything. I really don't want to report anyone for the Flakers List.
Ms.Scrappytoyou! Offline
#308 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 12:52:40 PM(UTC)
Ms.Scrappytoyou!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello, the Brads / Eyelets are from me - Nedine Dupree (ms. scrappy to you)

I'm running behind schedule on getting some of the packages out because my foot is in a cast so it's slowed my mobility. I mailed some remaining packages today. Sorry for the delay! I had problems logging onto the message boards for awhile so finally got in touch with Provocraft and they had to re-set my password.

Scrapbook Fairy wrote:
I Recieved from the oct 31 Brads/Eyelets that I won today from Dupree ( not sure what your msg board name is) Can you let me know so I can cross you off my list...

THanks so much tho I got some stars brads, cute fabric covered brads, red flower rivets, really neat copper clip things (love these) And a huge pack or making memoried gem collection in red.... so excited my fav colour!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Can the 3 other ladies that havnt sent to me yet or have and I havnt received please PM me,Thanks to debbie for msg here) pretty sure you all know who you are. If I dont hear from you by friday I will have to place you on the flakers list, and I hate to do that.

P.S. Offline
#309 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 12:54:59 PM(UTC)
P.S.

Ms.Scrappytoyou! wrote:
Hello, the Brads / Eyelets are from me - Nedine Dupree (ms. scrappy to you)

I'm running behind schedule on getting some of the packages out because my foot is in a cast so it's slowed my mobility. I mailed some remaining packages today. Sorry for the delay! I had problems logging onto the message boards for awhile so finally got in touch with Provocraft and they had to re-set my password.

Could you tell us whose packages were mailed out.
Celery Offline
#310 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 3:20:45 PM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

Nadine I will remove you from the flakers list as I received from u but isn't know your msg board name was not onthe package. I understand u have had a rough month with your foot etc but u still need to check in here. As you wrote in other forums. Thanks again sorry about this
MissScrapAlot Offline
#311 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 6:30:58 PM(UTC)
MissScrapAlot

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Can someone link me the place to post the Flaker's??? I was flaked on as well....and she is simply ignoring me :) after lying and saying it was sent! But I m not gonna let this ruin it for me...I haven only been flaked on 2 times now since 2006.....this game is fun and 99% of the ladies who play are awesome!!!!!

Hugs and Loves,
Anne
Lady Bug Fever Offline
#312 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:04:21 AM(UTC)
Lady Bug Fever

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 122 post(s)
JCI with everyone.Flapper

Here's a copy of the link for reporting Flakers.

http://community.provocraft.com...Results.aspx?find=unread
P.S. Offline
#313 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2010 4:34:47 PM(UTC)
P.S.

Thank you Ms.Scrappytoyou! for all my items. Merry Christmas!!!
Ms.Scrappytoyou! Offline
#314 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:10:49 AM(UTC)
Ms.Scrappytoyou!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
P.S. wrote:
Thank you Ms.Scrappytoyou! for all my items. Merry Christmas!!!

P.S. I'm glad they arrived for you and sorry for the delay. No one plans to be in a car accident and receive a compound fracture to their leg, but it could have been worse and thank God it wasn't. I also see you posted in another forum about me after I left an explanation here about my foot being in a cast. When I was the winner of this swap, not everyone sent items, but I didn't post them as a flaker or say bad things about them. I guess I'm too easy going. It's been a heck of the past 6 weeks but nonetheless, hope everyone had a good holiday.

Regards.
Luvskrapin2 Offline
#315 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:07:57 AM(UTC)
Luvskrapin2

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Lady Bug Fever wrote:
Here is the list for the Christmas week that I won.

Here are the people playing this week-
1.ScrapbookFairy - rec'd
2.DebbieBarnett1
3.Scrappy Tinman - rec'd
4.P.S. - rec'd
5.LadyBugFever - winner
6.Luvskrapin
7.pearls623 - rec'd
8.Eskana - rec'd

Only 2 haven't sent yet.

I sent mine awhile ago! Let me see if I can find the dc#! I sent you a pm!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:22:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EstherWheat Offline
#316 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:41:32 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Happy New Year. Are we about ready to start up with Winner Takes All 2011? I am not sure where we left off but I am ready!
DebbieBarnett1 Offline
#317 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:25:05 PM(UTC)
DebbieBarnett1

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Lady Bug Fever I am so very sorry. There is no excuse I am so sorry. I will mail to you Friday and send you a DC#. Will send something extra for being so long. I know I have had your address before in another swap or maybe this one but it is not in my PM's so please send to me again.

Scrapbook Fairy did you recieve the brads yet?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:32:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Celery Offline
#318 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:37:56 AM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

Not yet Debbie, but I am just strt to receive stuff that was posted on the 8th and the 12th...... Holidays makes the mail slow. I will let u know when it comes
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#319 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:32:58 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
EstherWheat wrote:
Happy New Year. Are we about ready to start up with Winner Takes All 2011? I am not sure where we left off but I am ready!

I was the last winner so I am planning on starting things off, in a fresh thread this weekend. Unless somebody wants to do something different.
Celery Offline
#320 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:16:56 PM(UTC)
Celery

Canada

Debbie,

Brads came in the mail box today!!! thanks so much for resending I really appreciate that!!

Scrappy Tinman... I think we could continue in this thread... then everyone will know its being restarted and we will be able to find winner takes all....

I am soooo excited to start up again!!!!!
EstherWheat Offline
#321 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:47:21 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

When we start up again could we have some specific rules posted...for example:

You must mail your item within a week of the drawing- or contact the winner and let her know why and when it will arrive--or you will be labeled as a flaker and not allowed to participate.
You must spend between X and Y dollars each week. (This keeps it equitable.)
Each package has to have your MB name as well as your real name.
Each drawing will be held on Sunday evening and by Monday the new item will be listed.

Whatever...just don't leave it vague. I think that this is where there have been issues in the past. One person thinks one thing and another thinks something else and someone is upset.

Just my opinion!

MissScrapAlot Offline
#322 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:04:44 PM(UTC)
MissScrapAlot

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I to have to agree with Esther, I think the rules need to be tightened up a bit...I think up to a month mail out a a gift is a little lax.....Two games could go by before the first person got there gift then maybe the next two get theirs a little late also, meanwhile people get a little upset and others get embarrassed.....I think 2 weeks tops is enough......JMO :)

I also think a set $ value is good too......
I really really think a DC# should be mandatory for both the sender and the receiver...I do realize it only shows that it was delivered but at least it shows that the sender tried!!!!

With my opinion out there enough said!!! Off my soapbox :))))

Lets start anew this year with an awesome game with great MB sisters :))))

Hugs and Loves,
Anne
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#323 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 6:27:56 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

mmmm I am not good at coming up with guidelines. I tend to be too scattered and will overlook something. I am also kind of lazy so I am more of a rule breaker than a rule keeper. I also have to just assume that everybody does their best and go from there. I spent a couple of years really upset about things/people I could not control. It turned out I was the only one that was unhappy. That said, I do know that there has to be a way to be sure that everyone is participating.

Let's brainstorm the ideas and I will post whatever. OR, I am fine if someone else wants to restart this. I know many people are much better at setting guidelines than I am so I usually avoid it.

What $$$ amount is equitable?
What time frame is appropriate?
Drawing time frames?
DC or not? I do have an opinion here....I tend to say not they are expensive and sometimes discourages me from participating in things.
New thread or same one?

I was wondering about suggesting that the hostess also has to gift the winner? Just a twist to keep things different.
EstherWheat Offline
#324 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 8:59:29 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Scrappy Tinman....there always has to be a Rebel!!! lol Good points. I will give my opinion on your questions:

What $$$ amount is equitable? $5-8
What time frame is appropriate? 1 Week- or personal notification as to why and when. Make it clear that Flakers are reported. It isn't fair to try to win without following through on your part.
Drawing time frames? Every Sunday evening
DC or not? With the small amount of $ spent on the item, I say "not" but that you have to post here when it is sent. If you don't post then we assume it wasn't sent.
New thread or same one? I say "new" so that we can start fresh and give everyone a fair chance.
I was wondering about suggesting that the hostess also has to gift the winner? Just a twist to keep things different. Would this discourage anyone from playing?

Who needs to make the final decision on this? I am ready to play!!!
~*craftymomma*~ Offline
#325 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:44:16 AM(UTC)
~*craftymomma*~

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 669 time(s) in 488 post(s)
i have never played this game sounds fun!! i want to play this week. also have never flaked anything before always do the cut raks and sell/trade threads and did a circle sister thing before. so should have a good name. When does it start???
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#326 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 12:12:16 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

We start playing on Sunday night and we will draw next Sunday night. And we would love to have you. I am going to start a new thread for the new year. Keep an eye out.
#327 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 12:35:17 PM(UTC)
--

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I would love to join as well :) i will keep a look out for the new post.
kimcar Offline
#328 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:19:11 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
This thread sounds fun and a great way to get to try new stuff especially other peoples favorites! but I have a few questions.

What is a DC#?

If you are new, how do you know what has been asked for?

Does the winner get to choose the item they would like and everybody who plays sends the winner the requested item?

Does the stuff have to be brand new or if you have stuff in your stash that is the value set can you send that ?

I have limited supplies in my area, what if you don't have
access to the item requested? For example, our store doesn't sell glimmer mist and to get it would take longer than the week time frame?

Can we order on line and do a direct ship if need be?

So, we have to list everyone who said they would join in? This is weekly so you can play one week, but not the next?

I am a little nervous about the $$ amount, I agree it should be a stated amount, but what if one person for example, sends the winner a package of embellishments with say only one or two embellies and someone else sends a pack with a lot more, might people think it wasn't equitable, or should we leave the price tag on?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I want to know the rules etc. before I join.

I think a time frame is good, I would opt for 2 weeks, especially this time of year, because of the weather, some people,( like me) don't drive in the snow and sometimes can't even get out of their driveway.

It might be fun to post a picture (optional) of what was received just to help inspire others.
 1 user thanked kimcar for this useful post.
-- on 1/2/2011(UTC)
EstherWheat Offline
#329 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:09:09 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

kimcar wrote:
This thread sounds fun and a great way to get to try new stuff especially other peoples favorites! but I have a few questions.

What is a DC#?

If you are new, how do you know what has been asked for?

Does the winner get to choose the item they would like and everybody who plays sends the winner the requested item?

Does the stuff have to be brand new or if you have stuff in your stash that is the value set can you send that ?

I have limited supplies in my area, what if you don't have
access to the item requested? For example, our store doesn't sell glimmer mist and to get it would take longer than the week time frame?

Can we order on line and do a direct ship if need be?

So, we have to list everyone who said they would join in? This is weekly so you can play one week, but not the next?

I am a little nervous about the $$ amount, I agree it should be a stated amount, but what if one person for example, sends the winner a package of embellishments with say only one or two embellies and someone else sends a pack with a lot more, might people think it wasn't equitable, or should we leave the price tag on?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I want to know the rules etc. before I join.

I think a time frame is good, I would opt for 2 weeks, especially this time of year, because of the weather, some people,( like me) don't drive in the snow and sometimes can't even get out of their driveway.

It might be fun to post a picture (optional) of what was received just to help inspire others.

Very good questions! I will answer the ones that I can.
DC# is Delivery Confirmation number from the Post Office. It is usually an additional $.75 (I think...something around that)

If you are new, how do you now what has been asked for? Things can be repeated if they are a popular item...such as bling or brads or something like that. The history of the swap will show up in the thread.

Yes, the winner chooses the next item to play for. For example...week 1 we play for brads. Suzie wins the week. Everyone who has signed up sends Suzie brads. Suzie then decides that next week we will play for buttons. Suzie then draws a random number on Sunday night and Mary wins. Everyone sends Mary buttons and it continues on.

Does the stuff have to be new. Good question. I would take a stab here and say "unopened" qualifies as new. If we have a ribbon week and I have in my stash unopened ribbon I think that would qualify. If I have a spool that I have used from, then no.

If you have to order something and it is going to take longer to ship out, then it would just take a PM to the winner to explain and that should be fine. Communication is essential. Of course, if you don't have access to glimmer mist, you could always pass on that week...unless you were feeling very lucky and really wanted glimmer mist!!! lol

You can order however you and the winner agree. Again...communication.

The list of players is new each week. You can play one week and not the next. No stipulation here. If you don't want buttons...don't play!

As far as the $ amount goes...again, good question...I am not sure how to answer this one. So many things don't have price tags on them anymore. It is pretty much up to the honor system as to whether you actually spent the $5 (or whatever) or not. Just remember to send what you would want to receive. That is the guide for me.

I like the idea of the picture!

I hope that I have answered your questions. If anyone has different ideas PLEASE jump in. These are just my opinions and nothing "official." Especially since I am in no way, shape, or form, official on anything!!! Good luck!!!

1 user thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
-- on 1/2/2011(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#330 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 4:10:58 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

I have started a new thread for the new year for this swap.

I hope you will come and play with us!

http://community.provocr...All-2011.aspx#post519482