Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dayswife Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:55:15 AM(UTC)
dayswife

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am having a problem with my Cricut Create. I am using with the Gypsy. I get this message: Communiction with Cricut lost. Please Power off and back on, check your connections, and click ok. If this error continues, click UPDATE to see if you need to update your Cricut.

I have tried all of the above multiple times and no success. Please help!
Kimi.n.ga Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 6:28:31 PM(UTC)
Kimi.n.ga

Was thanked: 367 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I am having this same problem and have tried to update my create with both my Gypsy, and also with Design studio and neither worked. I continue to receive the same problem. You have had no response either :(

I dont know what to do. If you happened to identify a solution could you post here for me ? I am not able to contact PC during the day from work and that leaves me to this MB for assistance.

thank you so much and hope for us both these little machines are chirping soon.
mandys Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:21:17 PM(UTC)
mandys

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Thanks Given:
Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Ia m getting similar probelms. After a failed update, I can't even cut without the G! Did anybody ever get this resolved
Lennymay Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 3:02:40 AM(UTC)
Lennymay

Scared Did anyone get this figured out? I am having the same problem.
Please post if you did.
Thanks
LauraPayne1 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:31:34 PM(UTC)
LauraPayne1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am getting the same error message. Sometimes I just turn my Create off and try again. It may take 2 or 3 tries, but it finally cuts. I've tried updating, but it won't complete part 2. It just started!! What happened!
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:11:43 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraPayne1 Go to Quoted Post
I am getting the same error message. Sometimes I just turn my Create off and try again. It may take 2 or 3 tries, but it finally cuts. I've tried updating, but it won't complete part 2. It just started!! What happened!

Are you turning your Create off and putting it back into firmware update mode before starting the second pass?
SherryBarnes1 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:22:53 AM(UTC)
SherryBarnes1

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 202 post(s)
Same problem for me after updating the G yesterday :(
Cindy J Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:01:42 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I've been having the same problem for several weeks now and am getting ready to throw my G out the window. The portability of the Gypsy is one of the main features that convinced me to buy it but I enjoyed crafting much more without all this frustration. I've tried updating my Create firmware through both DS, CCR, and the G; and I've tried updating my G without much progress. I've even called PC and they didn't help much either. I'm going to try one last time to reformat my G and if that doesn't help, then I give up. I've already started pulling some of my linked cartridges out of the closet to use manually or with CCR (many were linked through CCR). Meanwhile, if anybody has any answers to this, PLEASE let us know ASAP!
Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:32:33 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cindy J Go to Quoted Post
I've been having the same problem for several weeks now and am getting ready to throw my G out the window. The portability of the Gypsy is one of the main features that convinced me to buy it but I enjoyed crafting much more without all this frustration. I've tried updating my Create firmware through both DS, CCR, and the G; and I've tried updating my G without much progress. I've even called PC and they didn't help much either. I'm going to try one last time to reformat my G and if that doesn't help, then I give up. I've already started pulling some of my linked cartridges out of the closet to use manually or with CCR (many were linked through CCR). Meanwhile, if anybody has any answers to this, PLEASE let us know ASAP!

What is the firmware of your Create?
Cindy J Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:18:25 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

My Create version is 1.61. I've put it back several times to 1.54 through CDS but with that version, my Gypsy won't even go into cut mode. I can't remember exactly what it says, but an error screen appears saying something like the Cricut must be updated to a newer firmware to work with the Gypsy. The only other option is 1.61, which I've updated through both CCR and Gypsy but neither will make my Create and Gypsy communicate right with each other. On some cuts, it just stops mid-cut. I used CCR with my Create (v.1.61) last night with no problem.

As a last attempt, I reformatted my Gypsy last night, but haven't had a chance to try to cut with it yet. But I turned it on and noticed that most of my cartridges were still linked on it, with the exception of a couple of them. I have a hunch these are the cartridges that I've been having the most trouble with AND also that I linked through CCR (they stop in the middle of cutting with the communication error message), but I will have to take a little bit of time to check it out to be sure. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to play around a little bit since I will be getting ready to go to a crop on Friday.

We'll see...

Edited by user Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:19:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cindy J Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:24:41 AM(UTC)
Cindy J

Hmmm... just as I suspected. After reformatting, the only cartridges still linked to my Gypsy are those that I linked directly (not through CCR first). I haven't updated the "digital rights" yet on my Gypsy so I tried cutting with my Gypsy using a cartridge that had previously linked directly to it. The communication error came up so I turned off my Cricut, leaving my Gypsy on, unplugged the Cricut USB cable and replugged it, turned the machine back on and tried to cut again. And it worked fine...

It's getting late tonight so I need to call it and get to bed. Tomorrow, I'll try cutting with my Gypsy using one of the cartridges that have been linked first to CCR and see if that makes a difference. Now that I look into into it a little bit more, I notice that my problems with the Gypsy and Create are happening when trying to cut cartridges originally linked through CCR. Has anybody else noticed this? Or are those who have cartridges directly linked to the Gypsy having problems cutting/communicating too? Just curious... wondering if I'm onto something here... hmmmm.....
Cindy J Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Okay, so I was wrong. I'm still getting the communication error on my Gypsy when trying to cut with my Create regardless of which cartridge I use - even those originally linked with my Gypsy. Angry Oh well, CCR still works fine.

Mercy Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:32:47 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Okay, so I was wrong. I'm still getting the communication error on my Gypsy when trying to cut with my Create regardless of which cartridge I use - even those originally linked with my Gypsy. Angry Oh well, CCR still works fine.

What is the G's two part build of your G? Until PC releases a fix, some Creates will not be able to cut via the G.
Cindy J Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:14:46 AM(UTC)
Cindy J

My Gypsy is up to date. The current build on it is 0227:0241. I really didn't have any problems with it and my Create until recently.

There is good news though: Even though the G isn't cutting right when connected directly to my machine, the update that was released last week seemed to have helped. I'm now able to easily transfer my Gypsy files to CCR without any problems. When I did this, the project was a bit off the mat in CCR so I had to move it over so it would cut, but other than that, I think it transferred fine (if I remember correctly).

I also figured out how to access and use CCR on my iPad so I'm able to design while away from home or just away from my computer too. The main things I don't like about that is:
1) I have to have wi-fi to connect to CCR - it won't connect through 3G. But I guess that's when I can use my Gypsy and then just transfer the file (hopefully) when I get home.
2) I don't care for the orientation of the cutting mat on CCR. I wish PC would make it possible to turn the mat on the screen so it can be seen easier.

Other than those two dislikes, using CCR and my iPad is working out.

Note: if anybody else is interested in using the CCR and iPad, I would recommend saving often...
Mercy Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:37:35 AM(UTC)
Mercy

My Gypsy is up to date. The current build on it is 0227:0241. I really didn't have any problems with it and my Create until recently.

There is good news though: Even though the G isn't cutting right when connected directly to my machine, the update that was released last week seemed to have helped. I'm now able to easily transfer my Gypsy files to CCR without any problems. When I did this, the project was a bit off the mat in CCR so I had to move it over so it would cut, but other than that, I think it transferred fine (if I remember correctly).

I also figured out how to access and use CCR on my iPad so I'm able to design while away from home or just away from my computer too. The main things I don't like about that is:
1) I have to have wi-fi to connect to CCR - it won't connect through 3G. But I guess that's when I can use my Gypsy and then just transfer the file (hopefully) when I get home.
2) I don't care for the orientation of the cutting mat on CCR. I wish PC would make it possible to turn the mat on the screen so it can be seen easier.

Note: if anybody else is interested in using the CCR and iPad, I would recommend saving often...

Cindy, are you saying that the current G build allows you to connect your G to the Create that is running version 1.61 but it does not cut correctly?

I have not updated my G to the current build :) so did you transfer your files one at a time, a mass transfer or did you use the automatic backup in C Sync?

While running CCR on your Ipad, is the program slow and are you using CCR on your ipad with or without an external keyboard?
Cindy J Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:39:15 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Hi Mercy,
Both my Gypsy and my Create are up to date and running the most current versions. The current G build allows me to connect my Create and usually gets as far as loading the mat and starting a cut. Most of the time, it has been stopping in the middle of the cut and displays the same error message that is described above at the beginning of this post... every once in a while, I get lucky and it cuts perfectly without any problems. This began happening about two months ago (the end of April) both before and after any updates to either the Gypsy or the Create firmware.

I had reformatted my Gypsy to see if that would help my cutting/communication problems with my Create so I didn't have any files on my G, except for one that I created to test to see if the problem had been resolved. (I didn't want to waste my time designing several layouts that I wouldn't be able to use.) When I realized I still had the communication problem, I decided to try to figure out a way around the problem. So I thought maybe I would try to transfer a G file to CCR to see if I could cut from there. (Note: files weren't transferring before the update last week.) When I connected my G to Sync, I noticed they had an update available titled "software support" or something like that (can't remember exactly but I know it had the word "support" in it). So I ran that update (I don't have Imagine so I don't do those updates) and then went to Project Files. As far as I know, I didn't do the automatic backup. To transfer the files to the C Sync, I did it one at a time since I only had one on my G to transfer. I followed the directions for importing/exporting files on the CCR page (FAQ section): http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/default.html. I didn't have to do the last two steps listed there since my "project" was already imported. I plan to test this out a little more in the next week or two... if you want, I can let you know what happens re: multiple files, etc.

The CCR program does not run slow on my iPad. If you're curious, I have the original iPad (not iPad2 or 3)and use an app called "Rover". This is basically an educational app (FREE!)that streams Flash content to the iPad. (We travel often and my daughter "goes" to school "online" so we needed something that would work with her school program and my iPad.) The app does have a tendency to crash unexpectedly on occasion, that's why I mentioned it's a good idea to save often. I just started using this with CCR (the web version of CCR) last week so I am still testing it out and finding any "glitches" it may have with CCR (ex: one time, I logged in to CCR on our PC to cut a design created on my iPad. I noticed the last layer in the project that I designed was missing.) I don't have an external keyboard - this app has an on-screen keyboard and arrows so it's not necessary... it's almost exactly like using a regular computer but using your fingertips or stylus to drag and drop instead of a mouse. I imagine an external keyboard could be used, but like I said, I don't have one so I don't know for sure. I still like using my Gypsy when I don't have a wi-fi connection to design on my iPad, but I'm not missing the wasted time and frustration of trying to get it to cooperate with my Create. I also enjoy logging straight into CCR and my files being there already. So, for the time being, I'm using both depending on where I am at the time I want to design.

Sorry this reply is so long... just wanted to make sure I answered your questions well enough for you to understand. Let me know your thoughts... =D
Mercy Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:32:51 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Hi Mercy,
Both my Gypsy and my Create are up to date and running the most current versions. The current G build allows me to connect my Create and usually gets as far as loading the mat and starting a cut. Most of the time, it has been stopping in the middle of the cut and displays the same error message that is described above at the beginning of this post... every once in a while, I get lucky and it cuts perfectly without any problems. This began happening about two months ago (the end of April) both before and after any updates to either the Gypsy or the Create firmware.

I had reformatted my Gypsy to see if that would help my cutting/communication problems with my Create so I didn't have any files on my G, except for one that I created to test to see if the problem had been resolved. (I didn't want to waste my time designing several layouts that I wouldn't be able to use.) When I realized I still had the communication problem, I decided to try to figure out a way around the problem. So I thought maybe I would try to transfer a G file to CCR to see if I could cut from there. (Note: files weren't transferring before the update last week.) When I connected my G to Sync, I noticed they had an update available titled "software support" or something like that (can't remember exactly but I know it had the word "support" in it). So I ran that update (I don't have Imagine so I don't do those updates) and then went to Project Files. As far as I know, I didn't do the automatic backup. To transfer the files to the C Sync, I did it one at a time since I only had one on my G to transfer. I followed the directions for importing/exporting files on the CCR page (FAQ section): http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/default.html. I didn't have to do the last two steps listed there since my "project" was already imported. I plan to test this out a little more in the next week or two... if you want, I can let you know what happens re: multiple files, etc.

The CCR program does not run slow on my iPad. If you're curious, I have the original iPad (not iPad2 or 3)and use an app called "Rover". This is basically an educational app (FREE!)that streams Flash content to the iPad. (We travel often and my daughter "goes" to school "online" so we needed something that would work with her school program and my iPad.) The app does have a tendency to crash unexpectedly on occasion, that's why I mentioned it's a good idea to save often. I just started using this with CCR (the web version of CCR) last week so I am still testing it out and finding any "glitches" it may have with CCR (ex: one time, I logged in to CCR on our PC to cut a design created on my iPad. I noticed the last layer in the project that I designed was missing.) I don't have an external keyboard - this app has an on-screen keyboard and arrows so it's not necessary... it's almost exactly like using a regular computer but using your fingertips or stylus to drag and drop instead of a mouse. I imagine an external keyboard could be used, but like I said, I don't have one so I don't know for sure. I still like using my Gypsy when I don't have a wi-fi connection to design on my iPad, but I'm not missing the wasted time and frustration of trying to get it to cooperate with my Create. I also enjoy logging straight into CCR and my files being there already. So, for the time being, I'm using both depending on where I am at the time I want to design.

Sorry this reply is so long... just wanted to make sure I answered your questions well enough for you to understand. Let me know your thoughts... =D

Noooo, the reply wasn't long as it is informative. Thanks!

I was hoping that the current update fixed the Create and G issue but I guess we have to wait longer for that fix.

Yes, let us know if you are able to transfer multiple files and if are able to backup the files automatically by going into Files I think in C Sync.

Thanks for the info about the Ipad as I might try it one day.BigGrin
Cindy J Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 10:00:28 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Hi Mercy,
So I've had a chance to play around on my G and create some designs (while we were traveling for the past two weekends). I tried several times to backup my G files through Cricut Sync... it didn't work. Sad An error message comes up that says: "This feature is currently unavailable. To backup files, please drag and drop them onto your desktop."

I'm still working on transferring the files... so far, it's been hit and miss with that.
Mercy Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 10:23:06 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Hi Mercy,
So I've had a chance to play around on my G and create some designs (while we were traveling for the past two weekends). I tried several times to backup my G files through Cricut Sync... it didn't work. Sad An error message comes up that says: "This feature is currently unavailable. To backup files, please drag and drop them onto your desktop."

I'm still working on transferring the files... so far, it's been hit and miss with that.

I hope you enjoyed yourself! :)

I was hoping that it was fixed as I don't know why it will allow you to drag and drop one file but not another file. I guess that's G acting up! lol Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
DALIA Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:57:51 AM(UTC)
DALIA

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 79 post(s)

What app you use to run the CCR in the ipad?
Cindy J Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:16:03 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Originally Posted by: DALIA Go to Quoted Post
What app you use to run the CCR in the ipad?

I actually use an educational app called "Rover" (designed by iSwifter). It's a FREE educational web browser in iTunes that enables/streams Flash content to the iPad. Since it's free, you have to bypass the educational content and sign-in to the web version of CCR (bookmark the link). My daughter is enrolled in an online charter school, so I originally downloaded this specific app to use for her education but soon figured out that I could access almost any Flash content through it. Overall, it works pretty good when I want to use CCR on the go or not be tied to the computer at home.

However, on the down side:
1 - It isn't the most stable app (has crash and error message issues). That's why I recommend saving often.
2 - The app only works on a wi-fi connection (not 3G). So when we're traveling (which is often), I can access it only where I have wi-fi such as restaurants, hotels, libraries, etc.

The nice thing about this is since CCR is web-based, I don't have to transfer files. I just simply save the design and then when I get home, I can access the CCR program on my desktop and cut. And it's a bigger screen too. If I'm in a place that doesn't have wi-fi, I use my G but then have to transfer files when I get home.

Here's a link to it if you want to check it out: http://itunes.apple.com/...ucation/id483262612?mt=8

Hope this helps.

Edited by user Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:23:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified