Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryStillman Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:44:43 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Here's a really fun and very complex looking card for you to make. This design is from the Ultimate Crafters Companion DVD. I think the Ultimate Crafters Companion is becoming my favorite tool.

The card on the DVD is a wedding card with a dangling heart. I used CCR and created a birthday dangling cupcake card. I used the free font/shapes cart in CCR, so anyone can make this card.

The complex part of this card is pasting the correct parts of the card together. I suggest using scrape paper to create your first card. I used my Wasua basic white 8.5 by 11 cut to 6 by 11. I created the parts many times before I got the process down correctly. I then went on to my paper, next up on the list and created the card.

Sarah (on the dvd) suggests using wet glue as the card needs a strong gond. Also, that gives some "forgiving" time to get things aligned properly. She also uses paper clips on the edges after she glues to make sure the edges stay together until the glue bonds and drys.

I used a tape runner for this card since I do not have any quick dry wet glue. The tape runner is not forgiving when gluing sides together. If you use a runner, use care when pieceing things together.

You don't need to use a cupcake for the cut out or the dangling piece, but whatever is cut out from the card must be symetrical. If you don't know if a piece is symetrical, fold it in half. All the edges must meet. I tried this first using the heart from the free cart on CCR, but that is not symetrical. Surprisingly, the cupcake is. If you want to dangle a different Cricut image, then use a square, triangle, circle or rectangle for the cut out for the card part. Then size your image to fit within that cut out, perhaps on a smaller square, triangle, circie or rectangle.

I really like to figure out how to do stuff, not decorate. I'm sure you can come up with lots of very unique things to decorate or change this card.

If you accept this challenge, please post what you have made.

The instructions are in the zipped file. Download to your computer, right click and choose extract all. A pdf file will be extracted that contains pictures and very simple instructions on how to create the card.

Mary

Edited by user Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:49:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
CupCakeDanglingApertureCard.ccr (5kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
CupCakeDanglingApertureCard.gypsy (3kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
DanglingApertureCupcakeCard.zip (298kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
MaryStillman attached the following image(s):
P1010072.JPG
P1010073.JPG
craft'nHeather Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 5:17:39 PM(UTC)
craft'nHeather

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
thanks for sharing. I just got the ultimate crafters companion on Saturday in the mail (ordered from Joann's, they had the best price). I wanted to be able to create different shapped cards other then your basic A2 card and I wanted something to guide me with this. BigGrin I still need to watch the video and played around with it to make an envelope for a wedding card I made on my imagine. The envelope I made for the card with my imagine was to small and I didn't have time to remake the card so I figured out how to make an envelope it would fit in with the UCC!
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:00:31 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craft'nHeather Go to Quoted Post
thanks for sharing. I just got the ultimate crafters companion on Saturday in the mail (ordered from Joann's, they had the best price). I wanted to be able to create different shapped cards other then your basic A2 card and I wanted something to guide me with this. BigGrin I still need to watch the video and played around with it to make an envelope for a wedding card I made on my imagine. The envelope I made for the card with my imagine was to small and I didn't have time to remake the card so I figured out how to make an envelope it would fit in with the UCC!

I love that you don't have to worry about having a big enough cutting mat to make an enveope to fit a card you just made!

The dvd has some really nice projects.

Mary
geemommy Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:16:56 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Thanks so much for sharing this! I think I'll try a star when I get a chance!