Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

alleigh29 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 7:14:06 PM(UTC)
alleigh29

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm new to the world of Cricut. I recently purchased a Cricut Expressions 2 and since then I've spent hours searching tutorials, reading blogs, and contacting customer service. I believe that I've done everything I need to do in order to link my preloaded cartridges (cricut alphabet & cricut essentials) in Craft Room, but it's NOT linking. The feedback I received from customer service said to make sure my Expressions 2 is registered with the same email as my Craft Room account (check) then wait 2 weeks?? Is that correct? 2 weeks? Then I've read that updates are done on Thursdays (I registered on Tuesday and it's now Friday...still not working). Every thing it updated, installed, and synced...but I still get the "missing cartridge...install cartridge" message.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, even if it's just to be patient, wait the full 2 weeks, and everything will magically work! I'm working on a mac if that makes any difference.
Thanks!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:02:49 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7861 time(s) in 3677 post(s)
Originally Posted by: alleigh29 Go to Quoted Post
I'm new to the world of Cricut. I recently purchased a Cricut Expressions 2 and since then I've spent hours searching tutorials, reading blogs, and contacting customer service. I believe that I've done everything I need to do in order to link my preloaded cartridges (cricut alphabet & cricut essentials) in Craft Room, but it's NOT linking. The feedback I received from customer service said to make sure my Expressions 2 is registered with the same email as my Craft Room account (check) then wait 2 weeks?? Is that correct? 2 weeks? Then I've read that updates are done on Thursdays (I registered on Tuesday and it's now Friday...still not working). Every thing it updated, installed, and synced...but I still get the "missing cartridge...install cartridge" message.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, even if it's just to be patient, wait the full 2 weeks, and everything will magically work! I'm working on a mac if that makes any difference.
Thanks!!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble getting your pre-loaded carts working with CCR! Crying

It's correct that the E2 registrations are added to the registration data base on Thursdays.

If your E2 is up to date and everything else checks out and they still aren't showing as linked in CCR by next Friday (just in case the reg didn't go through last week) I can only suggest you give customer service another call.

Good luck and I really hope it's working for you soon!
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
alleigh29 on 4/28/2012(UTC), pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC)
keysdeb Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:57:12 PM(UTC)
keysdeb

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Are you waiting a few seconds for the cartridge to show up? I have the original personal die cut machine and I thought I was having a problem until I realized that it was taking a bit for the cartridge to be recognized. Also I think I read on the MB somewhere that in order to use the digital cartridges that it helped to have any other cartridge inserted?? Just a thought.
 1 user thanked keysdeb for this useful post.
pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC)
alleigh29 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:28:32 PM(UTC)
alleigh29

United States

Originally Posted by: Debra Wonderlin Go to Quoted Post
Are you waiting a few seconds for the cartridge to show up? I have the original personal die cut machine and I thought I was having a problem until I realized that it was taking a bit for the cartridge to be recognized. Also I think I read on the MB somewhere that in order to use the digital cartridges that it helped to have any other cartridge inserted?? Just a thought.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll try again, but I've tried linking over and over after my E2 said it was connected. Also, I haven't purchased any other cartridges just yet, so I can't try the tip of inserting another one. But thanks! I'll try calling customer service on Monday and hopefully they can walk me through everything again and like the pervious post said, I'll just wait until Friday Glare I guess I was a little disappointed that with all of the incredible things this machine can do, I have to wait two weeks just for an update.
Le Murphy Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:11:36 PM(UTC)
Le Murphy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mad I'm also still having this problem. I was told ONE Week, on Thursdays. I bought my machine AND registered it fully a week ago (Saturday). I waited out the time period (ONE week) until after a Thursday. It is Saturday again. It is a FULL WEEK SINCE REGISTRATION and my cartridges STILL don't show up! Cursing

As far as inserting another cartridge first, why would I spend $60+ on a new cartridge if they won't even let me use the ones that come with the machine?!

SO Frustrated right now! Cursing Mad
alleigh29 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:24:29 PM(UTC)
alleigh29

United States

Originally Posted by: Le Murphy Go to Quoted Post
Mad I'm also still having this problem. I was told ONE Week, on Thursdays. I bought my machine AND registered it fully a week ago (Saturday). I waited out the time period (ONE week) until after a Thursday. It is Saturday again. It is a FULL WEEK SINCE REGISTRATION and my cartridges STILL don't show up! Cursing

As far as inserting another cartridge first, why would I spend $60+ on a new cartridge if they won't even let me use the ones that come with the machine?!

SO Frustrated right now! Cursing Mad

I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same problem, but I am a little relieved that I'm not the only one Unsure My husband is very computer savvy and couldn't help me. His solution...return it! I'm not completely ready to give up just yet though.

Please let me know if you get anywhere and I will do the same Smile
 1 user thanked alleigh29 for this useful post.
pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC)
Le Murphy Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:34:02 PM(UTC)
Le Murphy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same problem, but I am a little relieved that I'm not the only one Unsure My husband is very computer savvy and couldn't help me. His solution...return it! I'm not completely ready to give up just yet though.

Please let me know if you get anywhere and I will do the same Smile

Thanks! Personally, I'm on your husband's side right now. I would have returned mine last week, but the store I bought it from has a no-return policy on opened electronics and this was on sale to top that off. I should have ordered it from Amazon since they would have taken it back. As it is, I'm apparently stuck with a very expensive brick that I have to invest hundreds more into just to be able to use it. I am certainly NOT happy with the Provo Craft.

Since I've already done all the other things you mentioned--have it registered to the same email, etc--I'll be sure to let you know if mine starts working AFTER Week TWO.
 2 users thanked Le Murphy for this useful post.
alleigh29 on 4/29/2012(UTC), pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC)
alleigh29 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 11:16:12 AM(UTC)
alleigh29

United States

Originally Posted by: Le Murphy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! Personally, I'm on your husband's side right now. I would have returned mine last week, but the store I bought it from has a no-return policy on opened electronics and this was on sale to top that off. I should have ordered it from Amazon since they would have taken it back. As it is, I'm apparently stuck with a very expensive brick that I have to invest hundreds more into just to be able to use it. I am certainly NOT happy with the Provo Craft.

Since I've already done all the other things you mentioned--have it registered to the same email, etc--I'll be sure to let you know if mine starts working AFTER Week TWO.

Just wanted to give you an update...I spoke to customer service today and they were able to add the cartridges to my account! Everything seems to be working now. I'm hoping you have the same luck! I have to say, it was a big relief to see those cartridges in bold BigGrin
 2 users thanked alleigh29 for this useful post.
pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC), faulknerwhitney2c93f42d on 2/22/2013(UTC)
Le Murphy Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 5:23:45 PM(UTC)
Le Murphy

Just wanted to give you an update...I spoke to customer service today and they were able to add the cartridges to my account! Everything seems to be working now. I'm hoping you have the same luck! I have to say, it was a big relief to see those cartridges in bold BigGrin

Sadly, my cartridges STILL do not work after TWO FULL WEEKS. And since the customer service line is rarely open during times I can access my machine--i.e. NOT on weekends or nights--I have no idea how I'm ever going to get this stupid piece of Cursing to work.

Glad to hear yours is working and I hope you are able to get it to do what you want. But for me, my Cricut Expression 2 has turned out to be a complete waste of money and a case of totally FALSE ADVERTISING. I would go so far as to say that the company is guilty of Fraud by not providing what the box says you are paying for.
ImTheNana Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:01:06 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This is an older topic, so maybe things have changed in the meantime, but I am able to print my preloaded content from CCR even though it doesn't show it as linked (bold), and indeed will not yet link it (it's only been 2 days since I registered). I just made a project as normal, using the preloaded content on CCR via "All Cartridges", and it cut without issue.
 2 users thanked ImTheNana for this useful post.
pamborlandd6a75776 on 12/19/2012(UTC), lotrngs on 6/2/2013(UTC)
pamborlandd6a75776 Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:44:53 PM(UTC)
pamborlandd6a75776

I'm having the same problem!!! Very frustrating I cant even register my e2 because the paig is down. But this forum has helped my sanity. I was ready to drop kick it accross the room. :)
sralbrittond1505127 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:47:29 PM(UTC)
sralbrittond1505127

Cursing Mad
Cricut support should be renamed!
I have spent hours trying to "Get Started" and I'm still not there! I attempted to use my $50.00 gift card only to find out I can ONLY use it on a few things....not the things I want. WOW, that's false advertising on HSN's part! Then my credit card was charged for my gift card purchase. It will take 7-10 days to get my refund. Next I tried to link my preloaded cartridges....not happening! I just read the previous posts. This company has the most UNFRIENDLY processes!!!! I would have gone with another product if I had known!!!!
jeck486fbb04d Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:22:19 PM(UTC)
jeck486fbb04d

I am new to Cricut. I received the Expressions 2 as a Christmas gift. I am not liking some of the things I am hearing on here...two weeks? Not acceptable.

The good news is I got mine up and running. Made some easy cuts on card stock and some vinyl. Today I progressed to layering and did a project from the French Manor cartridge/book. I don't think the instructions are clear enough and some of my cuts are very ragged. Is my blade dull already? Also, my mat seems to be losing its grip already too. I haven't used it THAT much!

Why do I have to link the cartridges I buy? Can't I use the images on my cartridges without linking it? This doesn't make sense to me.

Is there anyway to make my own design and cut it out on the Cricut? Glare
lotrngs Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:45:48 PM(UTC)
lotrngs

Originally Posted by: ImTheNana Go to Quoted Post
This is an older topic, so maybe things have changed in the meantime, but I am able to print my preloaded content from CCR even though it doesn't show it as linked (bold), and indeed will not yet link it (it's only been 2 days since I registered). I just made a project as normal, using the preloaded content on CCR via "All Cartridges", and it cut without issue.

Just wanted to chime in (in case anyone runs into this same issue) I just got my E2 this weekend and this totally worked for me! I couldn't see the pre-loaded content, and I did the same thing (after reading this post), made a project via "All Cartridges" and it cut without issue. Thanks for the solution! BigGrin
Lisa L. Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:40:14 AM(UTC)
Lisa L.

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Mine didn't link to CCR either after 2 weeks. I called Customer Service and they linked them up right away.