Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LisaSouza Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:28:11 PM(UTC)
LisaSouza

Groups: Registered

I am wondering if there is someone out there that can tell me just how I am supposed to use these cuttlebug cartridges. I purchased about $100 on the cricut website to get the embossing plus cartridges and when I got them in and took the wrapping off I am not sure how I am supposed to use them. Am I supposed leave them in the cardboard & Plastic casing or do I take them off and use them as seperate plates? Can someone please help me out they are beautiful I just need to learn how they are used.

Thanks, Lisa
Emily Shroom Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:02:19 AM(UTC)
Emily Shroom

Australia

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Pop the cardboard off the top - the green brad-like things will go flying when you pull the cardboard bits apart. You keep the plastic all intact at the top so the two pieces remain together like a regular embossing folder.

The back plastic sheet (the one without the picture on it) has a cut out that you remove so you can use the plate as a stencil to colour any of the bits you have cut and embossed. You can remove that from the start or else leave it in if you aren't going to use it for stenciling.

You sandwich your paper in the folder and run it through the Cuttlebug using two B plates and an A plate. I did find that this sandwich was thicker that a regular folder sandwich so it took a bit of effort to turn the handle but without the two B plates it wasn't thick enough. Might just be my Cuttlebug though, or the particular folders I used, I know there are slight variations in these.

I also found that on regular paper some of the folders tended to cut at some points of the embossing, if you go up to a cardstock this doesn't happen.

Enjoy them, they really give beautiful results.

HTH
 1 user thanked Emily Shroom for this useful post.
Emerald on 5/4/2012(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2012 5:05:40 PM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 152 post(s)
I just purchased two of these on clearance and am so in love with them Got the tags and another one. they emboss so elegant love using them on the front of cards.
scrapnfan Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 6:25:59 AM(UTC)
scrapnfan

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I haven't seen these. I'll have to look for them. Sounds like something I need.BigGrin