Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

anirtak19139418503 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:17:35 PM(UTC)
anirtak19139418503

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i was wondering if someone could help, i am a new user to the original cricut machine. and i am wondering if i am doing something wrong.
cutting with card is fine, but when i try cutting with backing paper, the paper rips. i have tried a number of settings for blade depth and pressure, and on the lowest speed, incase speed 2 was too fast for paper. anything in silhouette and letters/numbers is ripping. when i have cut with the card it is ok, but as soon as i use backing paper everything is ripping. i am also getting a problem with in some areas the blade doesnt quite cut through the card.

so like i allready asked, am i doing something wrong?

any advice and help would be greatly appreciated,
many thanx
kat
Narelle Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 8:34:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anirtak19139418503 Go to Quoted Post
i was wondering if someone could help, i am a new user to the original cricut machine. and i am wondering if i am doing something wrong.
cutting with card is fine, but when i try cutting with backing paper, the paper rips. i have tried a number of settings for blade depth and pressure, and on the lowest speed, incase speed 2 was too fast for paper. anything in silhouette and letters/numbers is ripping. when i have cut with the card it is ok, but as soon as i use backing paper everything is ripping. i am also getting a problem with in some areas the blade doesnt quite cut through the card.

so like i allready asked, am i doing something wrong?

any advice and help would be greatly appreciated,
many thanx
kat

Hi kat and welcome to the message board.

I'm not sure what backing paper is. Is it thinner than regular cardstock?

There are so many different types of cutting mediums out there it's hard to say exactly what settings you should be using.

However... Make sure your blades sharp and your paper adheres well to the mat.

You might like to download the PDF of the free Cricut Cutting Guide from Above Rubies Studio. She has listed many different types of paper/cardstock etc with the suggested settings. Here's the link:

http://broadcast.aboverubiesstu...RSS&utm_medium=email

anirtak19139418503 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 9:16:07 PM(UTC)
anirtak19139418503

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi thanx for getting back to me, its papermania backing paper if i remember correctly. cant remember what set it was. it had small and large flowers, stripes, dots plain in the set. and yes it is thinner than normal cardstock.
my blade should be sharp its a new machine. only just got it about a week ago. and thank you for the link will take a look at it.
thanx again
kat