Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

joule266c0052752 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 8:23:33 PM(UTC)
joule266c0052752

Groups: Registered

I haven't used my Cricut Mini but a couple of times, and now it acts like I'm just a Guest here to practice designing on it. It has the little circle with the slash through the cuttiing knife, and it's not cutting at all. Does this mean I have to re-install it or what? I thought I was really going to love this machine, but actually I think it was a total waste of money. I'm going to get rid of it and go back to using my Expression, although I heard that there are problems with up-dating that and the Gypsy. I don't think I can deal with that too!
Has anyone else had this problem?
Judy
craft'nHeather Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:55:53 PM(UTC)
craft'nHeather

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I didn't have that problem, just that the cuts were not lining up correctly. My imagine wouldn't work at all with CCR either. I had to delete CCR from my computer and reinstall it. After that I was able to get the update for the correct drivers to use the cricut mini & the I. Now my cuts line up and with a brand new mat (the one that came with the machine was crap) it works great!
I haven't retried my gypsy with it yet, but I'll let you know when I do

Edited by user Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:58:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added additional info

tompkins41faf7bcc Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:40:28 PM(UTC)
tompkins41faf7bcc

We can't get the Mini to work effectively. After a lot of work with the helpful customer service people, we can't get the item to line up cuts or cut paper to a uniform depth. The mat does not seem to hold the paper (tried different weights) well enough. Also, I can't figure out to adjust the cutting speed. Any ideas?
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:45:55 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tompkins41faf7bcc Go to Quoted Post
We can't get the Mini to work effectively. After a lot of work with the helpful customer service people, we can't get the item to line up cuts or cut paper to a uniform depth. The mat does not seem to hold the paper (tried different weights) well enough. Also, I can't figure out to adjust the cutting speed. Any ideas?

The cutting speed for the Mini is adjusted in CCR or the Gypsy as it cannot be adjusted on the Mini.