Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
GRKIDDO Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 1:03:54 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 38 post(s)
This is actually the NINETH round for this swap!!! We are going to change up the swap a little this time, and only do THREE MONTHS at a time. Please note you do NOT have to do all three months!!!!
Each month we will make 10 handmade cards (FULL CARDS)You ONLY NEED TO MAKE 10...(even if we have 50 swappers) . And of course you are welcome to do more if you choose! You will get back whatever amount you send, but they need to be in groups of 10 please. Please do not include envies unless you are making OTHER then an A2 size. (Aka invitation size..fits a 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock piece cut in half. Measures approx 4 3/8" x 5 3/4") These DO NOT HAVE TO BE IDENTICAL if you don't want them to be!
Please include a large enough envie so if someone makes larger cards then you are sending, they will not get ruined. Please be sure to include Postage NOT METERED POSTAGE!!!!!! This INCLUDES the Self Serve Labels you get at the PO. THEY ARE DATED TOO!!!! Not to be rude, but if I receive metered postage from you this year, I will ask that you send stamps out to me to return the cards to you. I love hosting, and don't mind picking up a little postage here and there, but I will no longer be covering for Metered mail. THE PO WILL NOT ACCEPT THEM!!!!!!! DO not let them tell you otherwise!!! (Some people said last year that the PO told them it was OK. It isn't! My PO will no longer accept them!!!!) There is no way for me to specifically tell you how much your postage will be. A good rule of thumb, include whatever it cost to send them to me, and add an additional stamp, If I don't need it, it will be returned to you.
The due date will be the last day of each month. First month is due JULY 31, 2012! Again, we will do THREE months at a time, so this will run July, August and September. We will leave this open to whomever wishes to sign up. It is nice to get a wide variety of cards!!! If for any reason you can't do a month, please let me know. I am pretty easy going, so don't hesitate to let me know!

I DO understand that at times life gets in the way, and that sometimes things will be late. If you are going to be late a month..PLEASE....let me known as soon as possible so I can keep people updated! I don't want people worrying that I am a flakey hostess!!!! Also if you don't want to commit to doing each month. let me know that and you can be a "Jumper" as in you can Jump in when you want!

PLEASE refer to the original post to see if your cards have been recieved. I don't mean disrespect to anyone, however I can't possibly PM each member to let them know when items arrive. If after you sent them and a few days have passed, and I don't post that I have gotten them, then by all means ask!

"New" for 2009 Please if you are making MORE then 10 cards in a given month, that is perfectly fine HOWEVER please limit the number of cards you send in to the number of participants involved!!! ie if there are 25 people involved, please don't send in 30 cards. If you do, you WILL receive the surplus back to you!!!

Just like last round, I have decided to post pictures to a Photobucket account. It took me sooooo long to take pictures, and then post each last round, that I thought this would just be so much easier! I will take the pictures prior to swapping them out, and you can sneak a peek if you wish, or not. I will post the creators name there as well. I will have a separate Album for cards, card fronts, and ATCs.
The original post will be updated as I receive your creations. Please note that our local Post Office recently closed, and all of our mail is being rerouted to a smaller town 2 towns away, (dont ask wy, I still dont understand it) but please keep this in mind, that it may take a little longer then normal for me to receive your swaps.
Please Sign your creations!!! We got so many beautiful cards last round, and people didn't know who to thank!!!

Please note: With my husband's new schedule, I am home alone with the kids most of the time, and I do not always have time to check in. Please rest assured that I have not disappeared, I just haven't had time to get to the MB. Please, if you have any questions, email me! GRKIDDO at Verizon dot net. I can get to my emails a lot easier then the MB, and I can answer faster!!

You may send in more then 1 month at a time. But please label them with month/theme and name of swap. Also please put your name on them. MB AND REAL NAME!!! (if it isn't obvious!) Please place seperate months into seperate baggies. This will also protect your cards from rain/snow. PLEASE NOTE>>>>IF YOU ARE SENDING MORE THEN ONE MONTH IN AT A TIME>>>If you would like them sent back to you after each month, you must include an envelope for each month as well as postage for each month. If you do not, I will assume you want them returned after all the months you sent in are swapped out. (ie if you send January and Feb, they will be sent back in March when Feb's are swapped out).
THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO ALL! You do not need to be in the USA!! If you have questions, please feel free to ask!

I will also put you down as a "Jumper" if you wish. As in you can jump in the swap when you are able to!

WHEW! That was a lot of typing! Tired of reading yet????

Send to me at:
Gina Thornton
115 Colonial Drive
Norristown, PA 19401-1804

Also please note, that the absence of a smiley face next to a person's name, does NOT mean they flaked out! They may have contacted me about skipping a month, and I just didn't add a note next to their name!

THIS ROUND PLAYERS:
1 GRKIDDO (skip july)
2 GINNIEGINNBigGrin
3 JEANPBigGrin Cool Love
4 ~~PAMELA~~
5 CandyHazzardBigGrin Cool Love
6 jefurr34 BigGrin
7 SheriKinsBigGrin
8 geemommyBigGrin (skip August)
9 kimcar (July and August)BigGrin Cool
10 Queenmommy
11 kelbill
12 noasarkgirlBigGrin
13 ~Marcia~BigGrin

Jumpers:
1 Rosecoloredglasses ??(july and August)
2 Vinniesmom
3 MaryR (July)BigGrin
4 yohill(for Sept)

Themes:
July - Due July 31, 2012 - Based on a Sketch -you choose the theme!(Sketch below, see post #6 for GinaK's version) BigGrin
August - Due August 30th 2012 - Make it Masculine - You choose the theme, or make it general
Cool
September - Due September 31, 2012 - Black and White - Any theme, just use black and white on your cards. This color combo can be everything from thinking of you, to very elegant wedding cards! You decide!Love

Edited by user Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:12:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRKIDDO attached the following image(s):
DSC07345.jpg
GRKIDDO Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 1:14:22 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Suggested themes:
Follow a sketch **Added**
Easel Card (easy and fun)
Use a picture or a colored image
Black & white only **Added**
One color with multiple textures
Anything goes
Masculine **Added**

Edited by user Monday, May 21, 2012 1:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 1:21:06 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
Thanks Gina!!!

I am in for all 3 monthsBigGrin I bought a great new stamp that will be PERFECT for a masculine card.

What's September's theme (in case I want to start early)Smile

Edited by user Monday, May 21, 2012 1:22:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRKIDDO Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 1:23:16 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Thnaks Gina!!!

I am in for all 3 monthsBigGrin I bought a great new stamp that will be PERFECT for a masculine card.

What's September's theme (in case I want to start early)Smile

Jean you are just too quick!!! I added it, "Black and White". Going to find a sketch now!
 1 user thanked GRKIDDO for this useful post.
JeanP on 5/21/2012(UTC)
CandyHazzard Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 1:27:13 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Sign me up Gina
GRKIDDO Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 2:02:35 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Ok here we go for the sketch. I found this on GinaK's site. She only showed a finished card, so I did my best at sketching it out for you. I made mine more of a rectangle. One note, when you do your circles, why not cut it out of the middle layer! It will save you on cardstock.
Also note that you may turn the sketch as you see fit.
Also here is a link to GinaK's site so you may see her version of the card:
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/one-in-a-million-card-sketch

Edited by user Monday, May 21, 2012 2:05:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRKIDDO attached the following image(s):
DSC07345.jpg
oneinamillie2.gif
 1 user thanked GRKIDDO for this useful post.
JeanP on 5/22/2012(UTC)
GRKIDDO Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 2:11:56 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Oh, also note if you don't have a scallop circle that you can layer it on, a plain circle would be fine. And the piece that GinaK has patterened paper doesn't need to be patterend! Think Cuttlebug, background stamps, etc!BigGrin
jefurr34 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 9:03:14 PM(UTC)
jefurr34

I would love to join in and sign up for July and September please :)
GRKIDDO Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:43:05 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: jefurr34 Go to Quoted Post
I would love to join in and sign up for July and September please :)

Thank you for joining!BigGrin
SheriKins Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:02:32 AM(UTC)
SheriKins

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I would love to join in and sign up for all 3 months please :)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:39:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jefurr34 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:31:25 AM(UTC)
jefurr34

Can I go ahead and sign up for Aug too? Then I'll be signed up for all 3 months. Thanks :)
GRKIDDO Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:12:53 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: jefurr34 Go to Quoted Post
Can I go ahead and sign up for Aug too? Then I'll be signed up for all 3 months. Thanks :)

I changed it for you thank you.

SheriKins I also added you in!

Thank you ladies!BigGrin
GRKIDDO Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:48:47 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Hi everyone! JCI! Hoping to get some crafting done today! Hope everyone is staying cool!!!BigGrin
TammyB Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:51:45 PM(UTC)
TammyB

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
BigGrin humm will think on this one. Was surprised on shipping today, grrr. I like how the PO have added all the little tricks for mo money. Guess they got stay in business with the internet loosing them money with e bills. Was definitely cheaper on the card fronts. Well maybe if you get lots of signups will make it worth the money to do more to go flat rate on a priority mail envelope. I am divorced now...lol gotta be cheap
JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:15:22 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: TammyB Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin humm will think on this one. Was surprised on shipping today, grrr. I like how the PO have added all the little tricks for mo money. Guess they got stay in business with the internet loosing them money with e bills. Was definitely cheaper on the card fronts. Well maybe if you get lots of signups will make it worth the money to do more to go flat rate on a priority mail envelope. I am divorced now...lol gotta be cheap

I usually send in a small envelope and it only costs a couple bucks. (RI to PA) I used to be in Gina's card front swap but then figured it was more cost effective to have the whole card than to put the front on my own cardstock. Plus now and then the card fronts were too big or they had ribbon that hung off too far. Sometimes I send 3 months at a time and mail priority using online postage with free DC.
Hope you decide to joinSmile
CandyHazzard Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:45:18 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Gina I watched the video for that card before you posted it and thought it was really cute and I should make one for something ...

I agree Jean, sometimes the card fronts aren't quite right, it's much easier to have the right sized card already together BigGrin
CandieSchaal Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:59:50 PM(UTC)
CandieSchaal

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 48 post(s)
This sure sounds fun. I am not a great card maker and I would be worried that my cards aren't as nice as everyone elses.Huh

Candie
GRKIDDO Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:40:16 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Tammy, I'm wondering what they made you pay more on?? If you are only sending in 10 at a time, it shouldn't be too much in postage. A lot of people do send in more then one month at a time also, which helps save some money on shipping.

Candy, I too saw the video for the card, and had it on my list to try. To be honest, I had a few others in mind when I was looking for the sketch but couldn't decide. Then I went back to that one. I figured it wasn't worth driving myself crazy over! LOL

Candie, if you check some of the old swaps, you can see some of the examples of cards that people made. Everyone has to start out somewhere as a card maker! If you are a scrapbooker, I am sure you can make cards!!!BigGrin Think about it, and let me know what you decide. You are more then welcome to join us! Just keep in mind the themes, and your card should have at least 2 layers. Smile

And now it is lightning......so I have to sign off!
JeanP Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:45:16 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CandieSchaal Go to Quoted Post
This sure sounds fun. I am not a great card maker and I would be worried that my cards aren't as nice as everyone elses.Huh

Candie

You have to start somewhereBigGrin
geemommy Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:58:30 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
I'd like to sign up for July & September. If I can get August done in time, I'll send it all in July, but I don't know if that will happen! I'll keep you updated. Thanks!
geemommy Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 3:33:38 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

btt
GRKIDDO Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 6:39:30 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: geemommy Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to sign up for July & September. If I can get August done in time, I'll send it all in July, but I don't know if that will happen! I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

Sorry about that! I did add you in! I tried updating my threads earlier this evening, but I got the horrible lag/hanging problems so I disconnected. Maybe too many people were on line at the time???
But anyway, you are in and I appreciate the "btt"!BigGrin
geemommy Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 6:49:04 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Thanks! I find this site slow at the best of times, but it does definitely have times where it basically freezes up too. Thanks for hosting!!
kimcar Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:59:34 AM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I can do July and Aug.
queenmommy Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:49:17 AM(UTC)
queenmommy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1156 time(s) in 316 post(s)
Sign me up for the whole round, please.

Thanks for hosting, Gina! Cool
GRKIDDO Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:09:17 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: kimcar Go to Quoted Post
I can do July and Aug.

I will add you in! Thanks for joining!

queenmommy adding you in as wellBigGrin
JeanP Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:58:58 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I picked up some new stamps and watched some demos at the Stamp and Art Craft show last weekend.

I have a few ideas for these cardsBigGrin I will be starting on them soon.

I am sorting all my stamps and stamping them on paper and then laminating the sheets to put into a notebook. For the wooden ones, I will mark which plastic container they are located in so I know where to look for them. The other stamps will be adhered to the back of the laminated sheet and put into a sleeve before going into the notebook. Luckily some of the stamps have pictures so I don;t have to stamp them.
(Someone sent me a youtube video on how to do this)

I hate having to look everywhere for a stamp that I know I have!!!!

This could take awhileBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
CMC56 on 6/25/2012(UTC)
kimcar Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:31:08 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Well July & August are done. They are verrry simple but done. I will get them in the mail this week.
VinniesMom Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:07:12 AM(UTC)
VinniesMom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Things have been so hectic here I haven't been able to scrap in forever. So put me down as a jumper and I will do my best to send some. I love this swap!

Vinniesmom
kelbill Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:56:55 AM(UTC)
kelbill

Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I would like in on this swap please for all three months (Jul - Sep).

Thank you,

Kelly